Iodine and Potassium Iodide

Gaby said:
I can't take it after 4pm, otherwise I'll have insomnia. Funny how lack of fire in your stomach affects everything. Now I have more energy. Nothing like digesting well!

Indeed ! Working on the Hara is the exercice that gives me the more sweet and peace power.

Konstantin said:
I enjoy the taste of ACV. Very important when buying ACV is to choose one that is muddy. Never buy clear ACV. Its probably some kind of synthetic liquid.
Pure, real ACV vinegar must be muddy.
I usually put 2 to 4 tablespoons in a 750 ml water in my water bottle when I go to the gym. It is very refreshing and in max 45 minutes I drink it all. It feels good when i drink it and I love it.

I LOVE distilled water with ACV, it's like a new taste at each sip and it's very refreshing.

I've read this article "Apple Cider Vinegar at night reduced blood sugar in the morning" http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2017/01/02/taking-apple-cider-vinegar-at-night.aspx

Gaby said:
Nico said:
I've been trying this too ! A good shot of ACV before bed, and a good razade upon meal.

I can't take it after 4pm, otherwise I'll have insomnia. Funny how lack of fire in your stomach affects everything. Now I have more energy. Nothing like digesting well!

I've been feeling kind sluggish and frequently tired lately, and I wondered if poor digestion may have been involved in some way. After reading about your experiences Gaby, I decided to give ACV a whirl. Took some ACV with breakfast with a tablet of digestive enzymes, and I was off to the races! Had one of my most productive days in a while after that, so I'll definitely be keeping up with it. Thanks for sharing!

A Jay said:
I've been feeling kind sluggish and frequently tired lately, and I wondered if poor digestion may have been involved in some way. After reading about your experiences Gaby, I decided to give ACV a whirl. Took some ACV with breakfast with a tablet of digestive enzymes, and I was off to the races! Had one of my most productive days in a while after that, so I'll definitely be keeping up with it. Thanks for sharing!

It is one of those things that eluded me. I had some ACV in my fridge to put on salads and meats. It didn't occur to me that a straight shot could make the whole difference ;)

Wow...I think this thread will never stop being a source of more and more useful information!! I used to take ACV quite regularly and it did actually make me feel a little more awake. Or maybe alert is a better way of describing it. It was before Iodine when I was suffering from (then undiagnosed) health issues and debilitating fatigue so the improvement felt rather tiny. I'm super curious to see its benefits now. Starting tomorrow!

I take it you guys use the ACV with the mother in it right?

By the way, I use ACV as a hair conditioner once a week and it's pretty awesome. I use diluted glycerine for that too. My bathroom cabinet basically looks like a food cupboard these days :D

Ant22 said:
Wow...I think this thread will never stop being a source of more and more useful information!! I used to take ACV quite regularly and it did actually make me feel a little more awake. Or maybe alert is a better way of describing it. It was before Iodine when I was suffering from (then undiagnosed) health issues and debilitating fatigue so the improvement felt rather tiny. I'm super curious to see its benefits now. Starting tomorrow!

By the way, I use ACV as a hair conditioner once a week and it's pretty awesome. I use diluted glycerine for that too. My bathroom cabinet basically looks like a food cupboard these days :D

Good luck, Ant22! Let us know how it goes for you.

Yep, I use Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar With The Mother.

I've been using coconut oil and ACV for dandruff control and trying out baking soda as a deodorant, so you're not alone. After the H&W show on beauty products, it sounds like that's the best route to take anyway. :D

Ant22 said:

Hi Ant22, if you are in the UK then you can get this one from amazon uk : https://www.amazon.co.uk/Biona-Organic-Apple-Cider-Vinegar/dp/B004WYVE5K/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1486150942&sr=8-1&keywords=apple+cider+vinegar+biona

For helping with digestion, it doesn't need to be the one with "the mother" in. It is the acidity of the ACV which is what comes into effect, so for people who are unable to acquire the unrefined version this should do the trick. That said, the best form for other uses would be the one with "the mother" in.

A Jay said:
I've been using coconut oil and ACV for dandruff control and trying out baking soda as a deodorant, so you're not alone. After the H&W show on beauty products, it sounds like that's the best route to take anyway. :D
Again, I cannot stress how well baking soda works! Just remember not to use too much because it causes a nasty abrasive rash. I usually take a small clump on my fingers and then wet it under the tap to form a light paste, and then just coat it on.

About Iodine: My partner and I started only recently with Lugol's 5 percent, and it has been a wonderful treatment for many problems. Here's a link to a CHART-page which gives indications on how much to use and for what conditions: the website as such has good info on many subjects:

_http://healyourselfathome.com/HOW/NEWSTARTS/1_NUTRITION/MINERALS/IODINE/HOW_TO_SUPPLEMENT/lugols_dosage_chart.aspx

We hope that this has not been posted before? And concerning another thread about Flu and Colds, we used the suggested treatment from this page as we received the Iodine and beat a very tough Flu Influenza that had been really hard on both of us, and 2 days later the cold was gone. Our throats were healed and the seeming brionchitis symptoms had vanished.

Even though this has likely been said before by other forum members, I want to reiterate that for me personally, the Iodine changed my thinking and healed a lingering feeling of depression. Also, it has given me new energy and the desire to jump out of bed in the morning to tacle our life issues together. It has helped giving me appetite and better sleep pattern.

My partner had a reaction and stopped for a few days, whereas, after the initial cold treatment (of 8 drops 3 times within 24 hours) I resumed my daily intake of 2 to 4 drops after one or two meals daily, and I feel like it is helping me in a great many ways find balance again!

We want to thank you all for this information and for a much needed change in our health.

Keyhole said:
Hi Ant22, if you are in the UK then you can get this one from amazon uk : https://www.amazon.co.uk/Biona-Organic-Apple-Cider-Vinegar/dp/B004WYVE5K/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1486150942&sr=8-1&keywords=apple+cider+vinegar+biona

For helping with digestion, it doesn't need to be the one with "the mother" in. It is the acidity of the ACV which is what comes into effect, so for people who are unable to acquire the unrefined version this should do the trick. That said, the best form for other uses would be the one with "the mother" in.

Wow, that's a really good deal, thank you Keyhole! It works out much cheaper than the one I bought in the local health store. I liked the quality of other products I bought from this brand before so this is going to be my next purchase!

romochar said:
(...) My partner had a reaction and stopped for a few days, whereas, after the initial cold treatment (of 8 drops 3 times within 24 hours) I resumed my daily intake of 2 to 4 drops after one or two meals daily, and I feel like it is helping me in a great many ways find balance again!

We want to thank you all for this information and for a much needed change in our health.

I'm really happy for you and your partner romochar! The iodine dosage is a very individual thing and one thing I learned from this thread is that there definitely is no "one size fit all" approach. If your partner had a bad reaction, it would be a good idea to resume on a lower dose. Some people here felt better on higher doses, others had to resort to the heel dosing protocol as they had a strong reaction to taking iodine internally. Also, some people felt better when taking potassium iodide rather than lugol so that's also an option to consider.

Ant22 said:
Keyhole said:

Wow, that's a really good deal, thank you Keyhole! It works out much cheaper than the one I bought in the local health store. I liked the quality of other products I bought from this brand before so this is going to be my next purchase!

I've used white vinegar sometimes to stave off rare cases of nausea if I couldn't find the ACV.
I learned about that from someone who said anytime he ate some bad fish and felt nauseous he would take a shot of vinegar which helped the stomach sort out the digestion.

Divide By Zero said:
Ant22 said:
Keyhole said:

I've used white vinegar sometimes to stave off rare cases of nausea if I couldn't find the ACV.
I learned about that from someone who said anytime he ate some bad fish and felt nauseous he would take a shot of vinegar which helped the stomach sort out the digestion.

This is really interesting. When I was taking chlorella, which is discussed earlier in this thread, I had a very violent reaction to it with massive nausea and vomiting, to the point I had to get off my train home from work twice to seek help. When I was little my father used to give me sodium bicarbonate for indigestion but I don't remember if it helped. I tried that when I first had a reaction to chlorella and it didn't do much. Maybe because chlorella is also alkaline?

Since the reaction occured good couple of hours after taking chlorella I didn't put two and two together and took it again, which resulted in nausea and vomiting, just like before. This time round my housemate gave me coca-cola and the nausea stopped. I just checked and coca-cola has similar pH to vinegar, around 2.5 so it all makes sense now.

I had to learn the hard way as I was reading through the thread with a good couple of months delay. I only got to that part where a similar reaction to chlorella was discussed after my little adventure :)

So when people post here that they've started taking iodine and they haven't read the thread I just can't help but think to myself that this is going to be a lot of fun for them ;)

I haven't posted for a very long time in this thread, but I am still taking iodine pretty much every day or about 6 times a week (2 drops Lugol 5% and one drop SSKI, which amounts to about 65mg iodine).

The main reason for posting is the topic of nuclear radiation with Fukushima now recording radiation levels x times higher than ever before measured. All this radiation has for 6 years mainly gone into the seed and air, from what I gather and has thus been spread 'nicely' around and is very likely affecting the West coast of America and many other places.

C4qRXHnUEAAMzpx.jpg

and now:

C4unq6UVUAAybIM.jpg

and how it spreads:

C4TU__PUEAAX8nN.jpg

Where I live, we received in the mail a couple of years ago, tablets to take in case of a nuclear accident as we live within 50km from a Nuclear power station. The tablets are 130mg, which are to be taken if the authorities say so. In the case where the authorities actually do say it then it most likely is too little too late as in most cases then authorities will prefer to withhold information to the public so as not to "cause panic" and damage the nuclear industry. There have been many radiation releases in the past (Chernobyl being one of them), where authorities (in Europe) said that there was nothing to worry about, though iodine tablets most likely should have been taken by the main population. In many cases, only years later does information come out about the release into the surrounding areas.

So, to make a long story short, I think it makes sense to top our bodies up with iodine and getting over the adjustment and toxin elimination phase before a nuclear accident (God forbid) actually happen. A cometary impact event would of course cancel all odds.

Hope the best and prepare for the worst.

[quote author= Aeneas]So, to make a long story short, I think it makes sense to top our bodies up with iodine and getting over the adjustment and toxin elimination phase before a nuclear accident (God forbid) actually happen. A cometary impact event would of course cancel all odds.

Hope the best and prepare for the worst.[/quote]

I think that is well said Aeneas. Besides that, the C's spoke about 2 dirty Nukes going of. Whetever that truly means remains to be seen. But like you said, prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

And if sudden catastrophic events happen (planetary destruction, real climate chance etc) Nuclear power plants won't be safe from it. Just ask the Japanese.

Whatever is about to happen, the possibility of Gamma radiation cannot be excluded. OSIT.

I am also still taking it regulary.

After I started taking apple cider vinegar, I decided to lower my iodine dose as an experiment. After a week, my hair started falling off in higher quantities, so I re-started my previous iodine dose. I take some 6-8 drops of lugol 5% on alternative days.

Speaking about radiation, in the recent years there's been a lot of research which showed that lycopene protects from radiation.

Tomatoes may combat the damaging effects of radiation

A team of researchers from have discovered that lycopene - the red pigment in tomatoes - is extremely successful at guarding against the harmful effects of radiation.

Dr Ruth Edge from The University of Manchester, together with her colleagues Professor George Truscott from Keele University and Professors Fritz Boehm & Christian Witt from Berlin, undertook a study of lycopene (one of the carotenoids - plant pigments found in many fruits and vegetables) and its effectiveness at protecting against radiation at the University of Manchester’s Dalton Cumbrian Facility, part of the Dalton Nuclear Institute.

Radiation therapy is used to treat a wide range of tumours, but until now, its side effects have constrained its effectiveness. Recently, there has been interest in the possible role of dietary carotenoids in limiting these effects. In addition, interest has grown in identifying dietary counter-measures against nuclear accidents.

The results of the study, published in FEBS Letters, have shown that lycopene is an effective carotenoid at offering protection from the damaging effects of gamma radiation, and that dietary intervention could be useful in efforts to defend people from these effects. A plentiful supply of tomatoes, cooked in oil which helps the body to absorb carotenoids, would be an effective way of adding lycopene to diets. A major finding of the study is that such protective effects are reduced as the oxygen concentration is increased.

“We have shown that lycopene can protect human cells efficiently against gamma radiation at low, but not high oxygen concentrations, and we hope that this effect may allow for improvements in radiation cancer therapy if the oxygen concentration can be increased in solid tumours compared to the healthy surrounding tissue”.

Dr Ruth Edge, Experimental Officer and Laboratory Manager, Dalton Cumbrian Facility

Future studies will look at other dietary carotenoids, as well as mixtures, to determine whether there is also an oxygen effect and to try to increase any protection range observed with oxygen concentration. In addition, the team will also study the oxygen effect using other sources of radiation, such as proton and alpha particle beams from the Dalton Cumbrian Facility accelerator.

This is the research: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26991327

Here is another one: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4297477/

Gaby said:
After I started taking apple cider vinegar, I decided to lower my iodine dose as an experiment. After a week, my hair started falling off in higher quantities, so I re-started my previous iodine dose. I take some 6-8 drops of lugol 5% on alternative days.

My hair has been falling off in much lower quantities this month, even though I lowered my iodine dose to 1 drop, five days in a week. But I don't know if it is because I started to wash my hair with iodine foam, or because of something else that I started to take in the same period.

Back
Top Bottom