When do STO actions become truly STO in an STS realm such as our is 3D?

luc said:
What I meant is that ethic norms like "you should do that" or "you shouldn't do this" don't apply to the concept of STO - what is good and what is bad depends on the situation. For example, let's take the rule "be friendly to your guests" - well, not a bad rule, but what if someone toxic and malicious shows up at your door? Good idea to kick him or her out, and fast! Or the concept of kindness and not acting agressively - sure, but sometimes you need to go into 'domination mode' and really draw the line! It really depends on the situation.

Indeed. "There is good, there is evil and the specific situations that determines which is which".

luc said:
In other words, in our default state we get it wrong almost all the time and justify our behavior with random ethic rules - it's easy to find a moral rule to justify almost anything. Hence the need to get feedback and do what 'it' doesn't like - behaving in ways that are difficult for us, that feel challenging. Hope this makes sense!

Maybe in other words: without a network it is very hard, or even impossible, for us to truly go far into the direction of STO.

Ennio said:
Martina said:
This reminds me of that moment in The Matrix when Oracle explains Neo that becoming The One is like falling in love, you simply know it :)

For me, much of the process of 'becoming STO' or working towards a future when that may be possible, is in trying to recognize what thoughts, motivations and feelings I have that are not motivated by the best intentions. Maybe it requires a certain amount of doing this - being honest with ourselves as has been mentioned here - and working on seeing what informs the dross in ourselves that, at some point, may then allow us to say: "wow - that thing I just did was STO-ish" or "that act seemed like a bonafide approximation of an approximation of what a truly STO being might do under similar circumstances". In other words, from more fully realizing what isn't 'STO,' we may some day (hopefully) come to know what is.

I agree, Ennio and I think that's a good point. I harbour many dark thoughts which are not motivated by the best intentions at all and they popped up in full force after reading the article about Dutroux and these pedophile networks (at least that's how I remember it). These thoughts were very dark indeed and I remember feeling despondent and even frightened. Fortunately, I didn't block them, because I couldn't, they were way too strong. Probably because I had been pushing them away for so long and they wanted to be heard. I think it was you who once said that we have to look at these thoughts, motivations and feelings like a 'disinterested scientist'. These two words have helped me tremendously. I think in the beginning I forgot to tell myself that but after a while it became easier. As some of you said: it's like training a muscle. At the same time working at projects here has helped me a great deal as well. We are not our thoughts and these projects have reinforced that idea and it has improved my self-esteem which works like a counterforce for these thoughts if you will, without having to push them away. They haven't disappeared completely but their effect on my life has diminished and I can feel some compassion for myself now, for the child I was.

Because when we feel trapped by dark and inappropriate thoughts or feelings (which are not motivated by the best intentions) we can't move forward, we can't strive toward a higher, STO goal, we remain stuck in our own little STS world. Well that's the way I see it anyway. So, thanks a lot. :) :flowers:

I see it a bit more on the lines of non-linear dynamics and the being.

I don't think actions in themselves have a polarity, since everything that occurs many times is done not even a conscious intention. Indirectly. and have multiple faces to it.

I think that it is more like three points, where one is the being, the second is the object and the third would be the action, and how everything relates provides the polarity of the dynamic. then there is the context and everything else.

How WE are affected or make use of events and actions to polarize is more in line of how i see it. We can take a really awful event that someone else caused with the worse of intentions and transform in one direction or another.
Just like we can do something with the best of intentions and unwillingly be harming someone. and no one being aware of it.

Determining or identifying Intentions and motivations seem to be the question. and seems to be tied not just to feeling but also to a certain level of balance, and knowledge that the act of being precedes doing, meaning actions must have a purpose, and have dealt with the motivations.

In addition to that, the idea that we are driven by multiple motivations at different times, so the original question, is essentially a question of the polarization and consciousness of the person. and not a matter of measuring actions.

while actions have also multiple effects and transpire in many ways in the various layers of our reality, not just what we intent or what we can see.

While also reading a bit on some people who are described in 3D as polarized strongly towards STO, seems that it is an inherent devotion of service, now that can take many forms and seen in different ways, but if the level of a person is such that the person can only see aiding others in the form of giving money on the conviction of aiding, then the conviction, being innocent, dictates the polarity in the filed in which the action affects everything. Meaning, acting in innocence does not really prevents someone from karma, karma being the lessons that we have to learn, and My thought is that it can even be related to deal with a prior mistake, for the purpose of crating the circumstances for the lesson.

If a person is already aware that giving money to just everyone is problematic in one case and in another case it is aiding, then the person needs to discover the reason for this difference in the lesson, positive tendencies to serve and aid then come in contrast with the now complex situation that is being presented.
It becomes less a matter of personality and more a matter of discernment.

My two cents

Thinking about all this I feel that more than be a matter of philosophy about STO and STS in abstract terms (it is not bad per se) is a matter of understand which are our possibilities (personals and colectively) living in this realm (3D STS).

IMO the point in this instance of existence (or of the cicle) seems to be to grow in knowledge and awareness to take actions consciously about our real motivations and TO KNOW the real purpose of this actions. Knock down our multiple layers of self-deception IMO seems to be one of the more important missions in this particular point of our path.

Reading what above posted Felipe4 I hooked with a specific phrase:

Just like we can do something with the best of intentions and unwillingly be harming someone and no one being aware of it.

The concept of "best of intentions" sound to me some deceitful. If we do something believing that it is the best for someone else, but it result in a disaster, IMO the "best of intentions" should be reevaluated. Which were our real intentions then? On what believing and knowledge we based our conviction that doing it would be the best for him/her? Really are we sure about our real aim behind our actions? ... And do would be possible we are hidding our real intentions behind a mask of kidness and goodness but actually we are being impulsed by others intentions of a very different nature?

I think that when we found to ourselves traped in thoughts like "I'm so sorry... but realy I had the best intentions..." we should trigger on ourselves all kind of question and make an exhaustive work of revision of every aspect of ourselves with honesty and compassion, but at once with the strenght and will of an "good inquisitor" (if exist something like that :) ).

I think that in this way we can find a path of knowledge that eventually can lead us to a more pure STO realm or mode of existence.

Back
Top Bottom