Bizarre experiences

Wodnik

Jedi
I'm not sure if this happens to others, but from the very beginning I have read this forum and when I wanted to be an active member, I came across obstacles, especially when I wanted to post a comment or even when wrote something from myself - in a strange way there were problems with sending, even saved drafts simply disappeared.It is as if some invisible forces forced me not become part of this Forum.I know that it is hard to fight alone, but now I do not want to be a victim.

Wodnik said:
I'm not sure if this happens to others, but from the very beginning I have read this forum and when I wanted to be an active member, I came across obstacles, especially when I wanted to post a comment or even when wrote something from myself - in a strange way there were problems with sending, even saved drafts simply disappeared.It is as if some invisible forces forced me not become part of this Forum.I know that it is hard to fight alone, but now I do not want to be a victim.

The good news is that there are many people here who have overcome various difficulties in order to be active here. I'd say with your recent posts, you're already on your way! :)

The more you post, the easier it gets. And the blockages like you mention seem to clear up a bit when you also participate on other people's threads. Helping others where we can, even if it is just through voicing support, can help break free from the hold that our own difficulties can often times have over us. No need to force anything or put undue pressure on yourself. Maybe even approach it like an experiment.

Hello Wodnik,

It happened to me and others. Here is the link,
https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,40022.msg613701.html#msg613701

Renaissance said:
Wodnik said:

The good news is that there are many people here who have overcome various difficulties in order to be active here. I'd say with your recent posts, you're already on your way! :)

The more you post, the easier it gets. And the blockages like you mention seem to clear up a bit when you also participate on other people's threads. Helping others where we can, even if it is just through voicing support, can help break free from the hold that our own difficulties can often times have over us. No need to force anything or put undue pressure on yourself. Maybe even approach it like an experiment.

Thanks Renaissance ,by helping others we help ourselves as well.

Kay Kim said:
Hello Wodnik,

It happened to me and others. Here is the link,
https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,40022.msg613701.html#msg613701

Hi Kay Kim,

Thanks for the link , and am in a process of reading .

Wodnik said:
Renaissance said:
Wodnik said:

Absolutely. And you will see with time that it will get also easier for you. And as Renaissance wrote, you can see it as an (positive) experiment as well and that there is nothing to lose, only to gain for you and others as well ;).

Gawan said:
Wodnik said:
Renaissance said:
Wodnik said:

Absolutely. And you will see with time that it will get also easier for you. And as Renaissance wrote, you can see it as an (positive) experiment as well and that there is nothing to lose, only to gain for you and others as well ;).

I fully agree , thanks Renaissance .

Renaissance said:
Wodnik said:

I agree, it gets easier the more you just write and participate or even read the forum regularly and don't think to much about "how it comes across" or "it is so much!". I think it is a rather interesting thing actually and it seems to me that this resistants (I think everyone here feels from time to time, even senior members) might be connected party to forces both inside and outside of ourselves who don't want us to connect with eachother and face the truth, in whatever way that might be.

When I have blockages like that, I usually tell myself to just read for a couple of minutes inventively on the forum about what other people have to say and experience and then usually it makes it easier to engage. Another thing I noticed is, in trying to open many tabs about different hot topics at the same time, I tend to get overwhelmed by the sheer amount and thus I am less likely to contribute in whatever way needed. So I think a good strategy is to just open one tap and read inventively and if needed post something. Then move on to the next topic. I think a step by step approach helps to not get overpowered. I think the book "The Practising Mind" gives a number of good exercises that can be of use there.

Pashalis said:
Renaissance said:
Wodnik said:

I agree, it gets easier the more you just write and participate or even read the forum regularly and don't think to much about "how it comes across" or "it is so much!". I think it is a rather interesting thing actually and it seems to me that this resistants (I think everyone here feels from time to time, even senior members) might be connected party to forces both inside and outside of ourselves who don't want us to connect with eachother and face the truth, in whatever way that might be.

When I have blockages like that, I usually tell myself to just read for a couple of minutes inventively on the forum about what other people have to say and experience and then usually it makes it easier to engage. Another thing I noticed is, in trying to open many tabs about different hot topics at the same time, I tend to get overwhelmed by the sheer amount and thus I am less likely to contribute in whatever way needed. So I think a good strategy is to just open one tap and read inventively and if needed post something. Then move on to the next topic. I think a step by step approach helps to not get overpowered. I think the book "The Practising Mind" gives a number of good exercises that can be of use there.

Pashalis, I always open one topic at the time, otherwise I could feel lost, so I don't practice this approach reading so many topics at ones.
Am currently reading " the practicing mind" and I have to say it is helping me.
I've decided to take a 'baby steps" approach at the Forum.
I used to shut down or withdraw very easily, but since I started reading this book, something internally have changed.Perhaps a while ago ,life crushed and bruised me and when that happened ,I stopped believing in myself .
Thank you, Pashalis for sharing your view and taking time to comment on my post .

Wodnik said:
Pashalis said:
Renaissance said:
Wodnik said:

Pashalis, I always open one topic at the time, otherwise I could feel lost, so I don't practice this approach reading so many topics at ones.
Am currently reading " the practicing mind" and I have to say it is helping me.
I've decided to take a 'baby steps" approach at the Forum.
I used to shut down or withdraw very easily, but since I started reading this book, something internally have changed.Perhaps a while ago ,life crushed and bruised me and when that happened ,I stopped believing in myself .
Thank you, Pashalis for sharing your view and taking time to comment on my post .

Just putting one foot in front of the other every day can lead you to a new reality. So keep taking those baby steps, and see where they lead. :)

Very often, blocage comes from a memory bias we all have, which is tilted toward negative past experience, as well as a tendency to remember more "failures" than achievements. From the evolutionary perspective, this bias is useful in the sense that it preserves us from danger, but without actively transforming it into a proactive action it becomes limiting. One useful trick is to engage in an internal argument by analogy.

For example one can picture the following situation: I'm going to enter a pool of water. My mind tells me I should (I traveled all the way here, not doing it would be stupid). Me body tells me I shouldn't because it's cold. It triggers fear and apprehension. Ok, I go to the water and all is fine. Now the thinking that must occur is: "I was afraid of the water but after jumping in it was fine and even fun. Next time I'm afraid of something, if it's not dangerous, I should try it nevertheless because I already have the experience of something not being as terrible as feared." That way one builds up new neuronal pathways for action little by little. If one thinks by analogy of any mental of physical task as a map of trial and error with sometimes consequences not being as terrible as expected, it helps to go forward and not being blocked.

Another example would be the apprehension of being able to learn or understand something. Most people would be discouraged because of something they have failed to understand in the past. But that's only because they solely remember what they failed to learn and forget what they have succeeded to learn. If adopts the thinking of: I've learned X and Y, I should be able to learn Z as well. Even if it's difficult to learn Z, one takes the time to do it because there is no "I can't" blocking in the way. It doesn't matter if it takes a week or twenty years, as long as one is "confident" of going in the right direction.

So the baby steps approach is a good one, and the bonus is to tell oneself "I posted, nothing dire happened (it didn't kill me), therefore there is nothing to fear if i post now because of what I learned from that past experience".

mkrnhr said:
Very often, blocage comes from a memory bias we all have, which is tilted toward negative past experience, as well as a tendency to remember more "failures" than achievements. From the evolutionary perspective, this bias is useful in the sense that it preserves us from danger, but without actively transforming it into a proactive action it becomes limiting. One useful trick is to engage in an internal argument by analogy.

For example one can picture the following situation: I'm going to enter a pool of water. My mind tells me I should (I traveled all the way here, not doing it would be stupid). Me body tells me I shouldn't because it's cold. It triggers fear and apprehension. Ok, I go to the water and all is fine. Now the thinking that must occur is: "I was afraid of the water but after jumping in it was fine and even fun. Next time I'm afraid of something, if it's not dangerous, I should try it nevertheless because I already have the experience of something not being as terrible as feared." That way one builds up new neuronal pathways for action little by little. If one thinks by analogy of any mental of physical task as a map of trial and error with sometimes consequences not being as terrible as expected, it helps to go forward and not being blocked.

Another example would be the apprehension of being able to learn or understand something. Most people would be discouraged because of something they have failed to understand in the past. But that's only because they solely remember what they failed to learn and forget what they have succeeded to learn. If adopts the thinking of: I've learned X and Y, I should be able to learn Z as well. Even if it's difficult to learn Z, one takes the time to do it because there is no "I can't" blocking in the way. It doesn't matter if it takes a week or twenty years, as long as one is "confident" of going in the right direction.

So the baby steps approach is a good one, and the bonus is to tell oneself "I posted, nothing dire happened (it didn't kill me), therefore there is nothing to fear if i post now because of what I learned from that past experience".

thank you mkrnhr .I understand this concept because I practiced it for a long time. Looking now at the positive side of the negative experience - thanks to this I found the Forum, C's and all the rest.

Sent from my iPad

Wodnik said:
I'm not sure if this happens to others, but from the very beginning I have read this forum and when I wanted to be an active member, I came across obstacles, especially when I wanted to post a comment or even when wrote something from myself - in a strange way there were problems with sending, even saved drafts simply disappeared.It is as if some invisible forces forced me not become part of this Forum...

Hi Wodnik,

Rest assured that you're not alone mate.

It often takes a week or more for me to get a post together and the obstacles, interruptions and mental pressure that builds during the process is nearly comical.

Something I have noticed though is immediately following the process the challenges pause and some form of reassurance is provided either through some form of synchronicity or powerful dream.

I derive from this that there must be some value in posting even if it's simply via the 'suffering' itself ?

Excelsior my friend

J

gnosisxsophia said:
Wodnik said:
I'm not sure if this happens to others, but from the very beginning I have read this forum and when I wanted to be an active member, I came across obstacles, especially when I wanted to post a comment or even when wrote something from myself - in a strange way there were problems with sending, even saved drafts simply disappeared.It is as if some invisible forces forced me not become part of this Forum...

Hi Wodnik,

Rest assured that you're not alone mate.

It often takes a week or more for me to get a post together and the obstacles, interruptions and mental pressure that builds during the process is nearly comical.

Something I have noticed though is immediately following the process the challenges pause and some form of reassurance is provided either through some form of synchronicity or powerful dream.

I derive from this that there must be some value in posting even if it's simply via the 'suffering' itself ?

Excelsior my friend

J

We all are learning . Thanks for sharing your thoughts

Back
Top Bottom