Iodine and Potassium Iodide

An update as to how I've been doing on the iodine so far.

I started in November and experimented with doses in the beginning few weeks ranging from 4-8 drops of 12% Lugol's daily, but soon after dropped it to 3-4 drops, alternating it with a couple of days off, and later went even lower, ranging from 1 - 3 drops (along with selenium, B2, B3, NAC, salt water, Vit C, magnesium, multi-minerals on occasion). In the last couple of weeks I've been having more days off iodine, because at some point I'd always reach a certain threshold where I'd get a rash around my eyes and mouth, along with other detox symtpoms like swelling of the region above my eyes.

Recently, since I'd never done a heavy metal detox before, I started the soft route of taking DMSA (200mg every 2 days, break, then 200mg 3 days in a row) along with taking Chlorella every morning. Similar to the description in kawika's post, things have started becoming exhausting at this point: feeling crappy, extreme emotional ups and downs, like having sadness and depression coming up in waves and without knowing the reason, feeling I could cry the whole time, along with aching joints, limbs, debilitating headaches, feeling overwhelmed and very emotionally sensitive - all this has been alternating with days where my energy levels were so good it seemed to me like it was the first time ever to feel so good. So it's been like oscillating between bad and good days, and the experience of the good days makes the bad days kind of worse and unnerving, because of knowing what quality of well-being is possible, which I just didn't know before. So it seems like I've been carrying quite the toxic load for years and it explains a whole lot of symptoms, especially the lack of energy I'd been experiencing for years and possibly why in my overall experience there has often been an undercurrent of the feeling of having to 'struggle' to keep going.

My plan for now is to continue leaving out the iodine for a while and do the DMSA on the weekends, so I can function properly at work.

Sorry to hear that Aiming :hug2: . Feeling like crap after years of healthful pursuits can get disheartening sometimes, but we can be reasonably sure that for any detoxing protocol, bad symptoms will lead to better health in the long term. I can relate to the feeling of constant struggle just to get even the basic stuff done, it feels the same for me lately. But really it has always been there, and it becoming more apparent may be a good thing.

I hope you feel better soon, and at least you have had a taste of what something like optimal functioning feels like :) .

onemen said:
Hey there, ;)

Today I'm confused with my lungols, it's a 15% 100ml from here (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201318766093), that's what it said, because it also written that the Dose is : 6 drops, so i'm confused wether it means the ~15mg of i² is on 6 drops, that would mean 1 drop is ~2.5mg I². I took 6 drops today after being on 1 drop since saturday so I will see tomorrow how it goes. I planned to do 3 to 4 days a week, also since I have lot of exams in school this week in prevention of the down sides to kick in.

In the product description it reads:

Contains Iodine and Potassium Iodide with a combined total of 7.62mg elemental iodine per drop. Supplied with a pipette for a precise dosage.

The phrasing is misleading: is it combined total (elemental iodine + potassium iodide) or elemental iodine?

One drop is 0.05 ml i.e. 0.05 grams or 50 mg

If 7.62 mg refers to elemental iodine, there is 7.62/50, i.e. about 15% of elemental iodine in your Lugol solution. It means that to get 15 mg of I2 you have to take about 2 drops. When you took 6 drops, you would have got 45 mg of elemental iodine.

If 7.62 mg refers to elemental iodine + potassium iodide, there is about 5% of elemental iodine in your Lugol solution (because there's usually twice as much potassium iodide than elemental iodine in Lugol solution). It means that to get 15 mg of I2 you have to take about 6 drops, which is what you did.

I think the latter is the right interpretation since most manufacturers claim a percentage that relates to the combined total of elemental iodine + potassium iodine.

Laura said:
I tell ya, when I saw those results, I was just flabbergasted. For several days I looked at them again and again and went back in my mind over everything in my kid's past to see if I could find anything different. It just wasn't there. So the only thing that seems to explain it is that, even if they are genetically closest to each other than they are to me, these genetics are still sufficiently different to be the difference that makes the difference! It's just wild to see how different people can be even if they are close kin!

Actually, when I read your previous post, I was thinking that the difference in the bodies is already a consequence rather than a cause. I suspect it's the consciousness that's different in the first place and has a much bigger influence on the body than we usually think.

If you made two identical cloned bodies and incarnated two different souls in them (let's not worry about how for now), I think the consciousness of each of them would soon change the body in all kinds of ways, and a few years down the line, the bodies could be very different, with different problems, even if they lived in the same environment and did the same things.

Your general attitude, approach to life, optimism/pessimism, whether you're systematic or random, forget about problems easily or dwell on them long, hoard things or get rid of them easily... I think all of that might have an influence, possibly large, on how the body works.

Mandatory Intellectomy said:
Actually, when I read your previous post, I was thinking that the difference in the bodies is already a consequence rather than a cause. I suspect it's the consciousness that's different in the first place and has a much bigger influence on the body than we usually think.

If you made two identical cloned bodies and incarnated two different souls in them (let's not worry about how for now), I think the consciousness of each of them would soon change the body in all kinds of ways, and a few years down the line, the bodies could be very different, with different problems, even if they lived in the same environment and did the same things.

Your general attitude, approach to life, optimism/pessimism, whether you're systematic or random, forget about problems easily or dwell on them long, hoard things or get rid of them easily... I think all of that might have an influence, possibly large, on how the body works.

Very good points! And it makes sense. It's a combination of genetics and soul/consciousness. That might suggest that some very precise information about an individual's issues could be derived from such tests if only we knew how to asses. Maybe it's a kind of language that could be deciphered? What an element does in the body, what it's lack or overabundance might mean...

Laura said:

Very good points! And it makes sense. It's a combination of genetics and soul/consciousness. That might suggest that some very precise information about an individual's issues could be derived from such tests if only we knew how to asses. Maybe it's a kind of language that could be deciphered? What an element does in the body, what it's lack or overabundance might mean...

This idea reminds me of an account about a victim of Multiple personality disorder: one persona, as I recall, had severe allergies to certain plant pollens, animals etc, as well as not so good eyesight. Another persona, after surfacing, would have none of these maladies. Anyone remember reading this?

Kris

Aiming said:
Recently, since I'd never done a heavy metal detox before, I started the soft route of taking DMSA (200mg every 2 days, break, then 200mg 3 days in a row) along with taking Chlorella every morning. Similar to the description in kawika's post, things have started becoming exhausting at this point: feeling crappy, extreme emotional ups and downs, like having sadness and depression coming up in waves and without knowing the reason, feeling I could cry the whole time, along with aching joints, limbs, debilitating headaches, feeling overwhelmed and very emotionally sensitive - all this has been alternating with days where my energy levels were so good it seemed to me like it was the first time ever to feel so good. So it's been like oscillating between bad and good days, and the experience of the good days makes the bad days kind of worse and unnerving, because of knowing what quality of well-being is possible, which I just didn't know before. So it seems like I've been carrying quite the toxic load for years and it explains a whole lot of symptoms, especially the lack of energy I'd been experiencing for years and possibly why in my overall experience there has often been an undercurrent of the feeling of having to 'struggle' to keep going.

I'm also sorry to hear about your experience, Aiming. Do you notice any correlation between your good and bad days and the days when you are on and off the DMSA? FWIW, when I began my own heavy metal chelation at the end of 2014, I was doing 5 days on and 9 days off. During the on days, I would often need to sleep as much as 11 or 12 hours a night, and during the day I would feel really sluggish, out of it, and physically and emotionally raw. It would be discouraging, because sometimes there were things that needed to be done, but I would have to just lie down in the evening and take another nap even though I had slept so much the previous night. I would feel better on the off days when I was remineralizing -- not great, but certainly not that bad. This cycle lasted close to three months, and then it slowly began to improve until about 6 months in, I wasn't able to tell much of a difference between the on and off days, and that continued through the beginning of 2016. So take care and try not to be discouraged -- if my experience is typical at all, it means that the worst part is at the beginning, but you'll eventually even out (hopefully sooner than I did) :hug2:

Laura said:

I also think this makes sense, and it has occurred to me before that these imbalances aren't random, but could be meaningful in a more general way if we knew how to look for correlations. The question is indeed how to map the physical to the emotional/spiritual; I don't know yet how that would be done, but I think it would be worth pursuing.

Carl said:
Just a quick update. Iodine really does seem to have kicked some bad things back into action in my body. The past couple of weeks I've been pretty unstable mentally and emotionally, the biggest being I am just exhausted and easily stressed. I suppose it was never much different, but now the issues are more apparent and "in my face".

Since I am now showing a lot of candida symptoms again and also got all kinds of food sensitivities and constant inflammation, I have reduced my carb intake to just sweet potatoes in late afternoon and evening. However still, after eating, I just feel sluggish and brain fogged. It's quite strange actually, the only time I feel good is when I'm fasting now. I already cut out eating in the morning and early afternoon because of this, and I am pretty functional all day until I start eating when this malaise/depression sets in.

I guess my body is trying to tell me something so I will experiment with much smaller meals and try to figure out what kind of digestive issue this is now. Feels like the problems are never ending!

Currently running:
Morning: Chlorella powder, cilantro tincture, 12.5mg iodine, small dose nystatin.
Evening: Magnesium, potassium, humic acid/minerals, probiotics.

Your body is probably doing a lot (trying to distribute iodine where needed, detoxing, killing candida) so it is natural that you will feel loss of energy. I wonder if doing your intermittent fasting the other way around might help you more in the long term. Meaning, having your breakfast with protein and fats, and then maybe have something light early afternoon (if you need it at all) and then don't eat again until the next morning. Skipping breakfast might for short term not give you the sluggishness, but as time goes by it might stress your adrenals and lead to more fatigue.

RflctnOfU said:
This idea reminds me of an account about a victim of Multiple personality disorder: one persona, as I recall, had severe allergies to certain plant pollens, animals etc, as well as not so good eyesight. Another persona, after surfacing, would have none of these maladies. Anyone remember reading this?

Yes, a good point. This is actually common with DID. The different identities seem to have a huge impact on how the body works.
Different allergies, different likes and tastes, different malfunctions like bad eyesight or asthma, one might get headaches and the other not, one might stutter and the other talks normally, and so on. It goes into such extremes that it seems crazy, but there it is.

Now, figuring out how exactly it works, that's another thing. I guess we don't have much else to go by than observing ourselves and others and looking for correlations. But there's pretty much an endless number of things that can play various roles here. Plus, I suppose, the same symptom may not necessarily always have the same cause.

Pierre said:
In the product description it reads:

Contains Iodine and Potassium Iodide with a combined total of 7.62mg elemental iodine per drop. Supplied with a pipette for a precise dosage.

The phrasing is misleading: is it combined total (elemental iodine + potassium iodide) or elemental iodine?

One drop is 0.05 ml i.e. 0.05 grams or 50 mg

If 7.62 mg refers to elemental iodine, there is 7.62/50, i.e. about 15% of elemental iodine in your Lugol solution. It means that to get 15 mg of I2 you have to take about 2 drops. When you took 6 drops, you would have got 45 mg of elemental iodine.

If 7.62 mg refers to elemental iodine + potassium iodide, there is about 5% of elemental iodine in your Lugol solution (because there's usually twice as much potassium iodide than elemental iodine in Lugol solution). It means that to get 15 mg of I2 you have to take about 6 drops, which is what you did.

I think the latter is the right interpretation since most manufacturers claim a percentage that relates to the combined total of elemental iodine + potassium iodine.

Thank you for your confirmation Pierre. I also think it's the latter as yo usaid because on the bottle it is written 6 drops. So i will go with that then. This afternoon I noticed something like a lingering sensation in my head or floating, I don't how to describe it but I think I have rode something like that on this thread so I guess i take it as a sign that something is going normal. Also I'm impressed by the energy and the strengh I have when walking, moving, it's fabulous. ;D
Thanks Yall.

Joe said:
Carl said:
Just a quick update...

Sorry to hear you've been feeling crappy Carl, keep reminding yourself that it's a process, and that you're fine tuning it as you go. The cilantro tincture may be causing some mobilization of HMs (how many drops are you taking?). If you want to help with the candida, in addition to reducing carbs to a minimum, you can take 10 undecenoic acid (under the name "Thorne formula SF722" on amazon UK) 2-3 times a day (5 gels) and throw in a fresh chopped garlic clove too.

Yeah hopefully it is mobilizing something, I'm doing 10 drops of a 1:1 vegetable glycerite tincture I found. Thanks for the recommendation Joe. I've never heard of this supplement so will do a bit of research, but the reviews on amazon UK are pretty good. Especially the top one where the reviewer has very similar symptoms (sinus issues for years, neck pain, yeast infections, low energy).

Alana said:
Your body is probably doing a lot (trying to distribute iodine where needed, detoxing, killing candida) so it is natural that you will feel loss of energy. I wonder if doing your intermittent fasting the other way around might help you more in the long term. Meaning, having your breakfast with protein and fats, and then maybe have something light early afternoon (if you need it at all) and then don't eat again until the next morning. Skipping breakfast might for short term not give you the sluggishness, but as time goes by it might stress your adrenals and lead to more fatigue.

That may be a good idea, and would also help with the night time detox as well as giving me more energy and brain function for forum/sott later on. It might be a bit of a shock at first so I will move my meal timings back over the next few days. Cheers.

Merci GABY, REDFOX, ALTAIR pour vos liens que je vais étudier avec intérêt... Je garde l'Or Colloïdal sous ma langue pendant 3 minutes puis je l'avale dans un estomac vide et ne mange rien avant 15 minutes...

GABY thank you, REDFOX ALTAIR for your links I will study with interest ... But I keep under my tongue colloidal for 3 minutes and then I swallow on an empty stomach and not eat anything 15 minutes before ...

Gaby said:
Laura said:
However, I think I mentioned somewhere back in the thread a connection between the pancreas and iodine. Just search google in English for "pancreas iodine" and a lot of stuff comes up.

I think it is interesting that several organs have the iodine symporter (iodine transportation system) including the pancreas. Diabetics require less insulin medication when they supplement iodine.

Detox of each organ could be taking place along the hormonal re-balancing. Neck pain and pancreatic pain within this context would make sense.

Yes, pancreatitis is connected to Bromine accumulation in the body.I searched a liittle . Its also proved in dogs who were given a drugs that were containing bromine. Almost all of them developed pancreatic problems. I posted a link few weeks ago in this thread.Also here is this from CureZone

_http://www.curezone.org/forums/am.asp?i=1482071

Also another tissues that have iodine-sodium symporter system are
_http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3367315/ said:
In addition, NIS has been documented, using immunohistochemistry and/or reverse-transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR), in several other human tissues including the lachrymal glands, choroid plexus, pituitary gland, ocular ciliary body, small intestine, pancreas, adrenal gland, heart, lung, thymus, prostate, ovary, kidney tubules, placenta, testis, and rectum.

So, all this tissues are strongly affected by iodine. You can add here the bromine and heavy metal detox, then all that hiden viruses and pathogens and we have pretty much the idea what is going on.

On the atached image i marked the spot where i feel pain.Just under those ribs.IF i press hard there i can feel pain.Its not constant pain. It comes and goes.It can also be a liver as i can see. So adding some NAC and ALA will be a good idea i think. Last month ultra soung showed that all my organs were in perfect confition as the doctor said. I also suspect that some emotional cleansing is taking place so all that combined is probably the reason.

Thanks to all of you

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 258
Laura said:

I seem to remember a C's session from the 90's (I think) where they mentioned that neanderthal type bodies were prepared by 4D STS and when human souls were "lured" to inhabit them, the souls changed the neanderthal bodies to modern type humans. So who knows how much that kind of thing can effect all sorts of physical issues....

SeekinTruth said:
Laura said:

I seem to remember a C's session from the 90's (I think) where they mentioned that neanderthal type bodies were prepared by 4D STS and when human souls were "lured" to inhabit them, the souls changed the neanderthal bodies to modern type humans. So who knows how much that kind of thing can effect all sorts of physical issues....

I was thinking that this might be similar to the information derived from our issues by using Louise Hay's book "You can heal your life" as a guide or road map.

Mercury gives a lot of problems, practically everything in existence. But in some people it is more related to arthritis, in others it is more related to neurological problems including brain fog and ADHD and so forth. An "etheric" susceptibility might be involved, other than the genetic one.

To use the mercury analogy and ADHD, as we supplement iodine and detox mercury, on an esoteric level this might might translate as finally the master getting a proper hold of our coachman, carriage and horses.

It will be interesting to look into each element and speculate according to the information of each element, plus our own individual issues.

Just thinking out loud.

Back
Top Bottom