Iodine and Potassium Iodide

Still taking Lugols for over two years now. I was listening to a Health & Wellness show with Dr Circe and he stated that he takes it by the dropper fulls a few times a week. Sounded good to me so I started doing it that way. I would take a dropper full of 5% Lugols after a workout - about three times a week. Right now I've cut that back to 16 drops after workouts. But I never really had problems with higher doses.

Anyway, just an update

nature said:
PS: radio-opaque means it stops the radiations sent by the radiographic device: radiations don't cross the contrast product over. Whereas soft tissues let them beeing crossed and the X rays go and hit the film (or other receptor)

So you are saying that iodine stopped scanners X-rays, those rays couldn't get to the electronic receptor (or "film") and that's why it activated? I didn't mention that it was an automatic device and that there is no person that looks at every scanned picture (like with the carry-on security check). By that count, every metal in the bag would activate the scanner, which is not the case.

nature said:
because iodine is radio-opaque.
Idem calcium for example: if you have a kidney stone (high concentration of calcium), the standard radio or the CTscan will see it. This is why the skull bone on the CTscan from the link Ant22 gave appears in white.
Other radio-opaque object: metallic ones. The CT scan at the airport is able to see them. Haven't you never seen their screen? It's funny to see your suitcase's objects on the screen!

You did remind me that I actually saw two scanner pictures (in two separate accounts) of my suitcase - there was sort of a "misty" or a smokey cloud around Lugols container.

If it activates automatically, without any person watching the screen, then the machine has got an Ai. So, it is capable to recognize coins, paper clips, etc. In that case it won't activate. A metallic-ton rectangle shapped object is suspect.
The machine catch images according a scale of intensity too. For example, a stone in an organ will appear very white if it's got 100% calcium, less white if it has 50% calcium and 50% oxalates. idem if the product is solid or liquid: a coin made of silver will appear much more white than a bottle of silver-nitrate. On a radiography (standard or CT), it's not solely white and black, it's also a wide range of grey. On CT scans, there is a unit of measurement for that.
The misty you saw around your lugol can be the superposition of another object, Or the misty due to movement of the liquid? I don't know. If yes, I assume a metallic ton liquid is suspect to be an explosive!

Just a quick update and little discovery...

I've been taking Lugol's solution since early 2016 and after about half a year, got up to 5 drops a day. I have remained at that dosage until the present. It was just my normal routine, and I've felt pretty great during that whole time, clear head, good energy.

I'd still get head aches from time to time, but those were more posture related than anything else I think. They trailed off in frequency as I have made adjustments to my work desk and chair arrangements to the point where I might only have a head ache once every month or two. A big change from the weekly head-crackers I used to get a couple of years ago.

Anyway, the New Thing I wanted to report was this...

I've always taken the iodine in conjunction with a couple of Brazil nuts, (for the selenium). They sell the nuts in little bags down at the local health food store, and each bag can easily last me a month or two. This past Christmas, however, proved to be a heavy sales time for nuts. It's the big "Nut Holiday". They were sold out just as my own supply ran empty.

Rather than switch over to a selenium supplement pill, I figured I'd just wait until they got more in, and that "Any day now" meant "Probably tomorrow!"

I decided to hold off with the iodine until then. (I was picturing mercury floating around my system without any selenium to bind with it, and didn't like the idea.) Well, "Any day now" stretched into three weeks and counting, by far the longest interruption in my iodine intake for the past two years. Finally, I felt that enough was enough. I bought a bottle of selenium tablets and in lieu of Brazil nuts, took one tablet and later my regular 5 drops of iodine with water in the evening.

Wow.

It punched me. Over the next 18 hours a terrible head ache formed and I felt body aches, and near the height of the symptoms, found myself congested and nauseous. It was thoroughly horrid.

These symptoms slowly subsided and I returned to normal. -Better than normal, actually. I felt pretty great!

I was really taken aback at how only 3 weeks away from my regular iodine treatment had disrupted the de-tox systems in my body to such a degree that re-starting should create such powerful symptoms. (I can only make educated guesses as to the actual mechanism, but the effects were certainly strong!)

Anyway.., 24 hours later, I nervously took another selenium tablet and measured out my iodine (only 4 drops this time), and knocked it back. And waited. -Bracing for another de-tox body slam.

But 8 hours later, I feel relatively okay. -Maybe a bit weird and achy, but otherwise okay. Phew! I hope I'm back to normal.

Anyway, I thought that was an interesting enough bit of experiential data to warrant a note here.

Cheers, everybody!

Woodsman said:
Anyway, I thought that was an interesting enough bit of experiential data to warrant a note here!

Cheers, everybody!

That is pretty interesting! Recently, I re-started lugol and realized that I tolerated better a few drops than one.

A little update from me also.
I am still taking Lugols. I haven't made any breaks with it. I just changed the schedule a little.
Now I am taking Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 4 drops of 10% Lugols. Also, I take Selenium 200 mg and salt every day when I take Iodine.

I feel good, No detox symptoms. I will continue like this.

Still taking iodine too. I take a couple drops of lugols or an Iodizyme pill which is 2.3 mg. I alternate.

I am taking iodine 4 days in a row, one drop of 10%. I take selenium (50 mg), salt water (distilled), and vitamin C (500 mg x 3). Next month I will take iodine 5 days in a row and so on. :)

I'm still taking Lugol's ~6% a few times a week. I vary from 4 drops to 6. Still taking all the co-factors, except I haven't been drinking salt water for about a month. I'll try adding salt water back and see what happens (I didn't notice a difference skipping it).

I drink the salt water a bit before Lugols because it prevents me from getting leg cramps.

trendsetter37 said:
hlat said:
Michał said:
From what I read, it is experiences people on polish fora, such a problems seem to be connected with low doses - between 5 and 50 mg - the higher the dose, the less the chance for any problems. I think it can be compared to effect washing yorself with too small amount of water (like teaspoon). You just smear the problem all over, without significant progress.

That is counter to the experiences of people here. Many have had to take very small amounts spaced over several days in order to tolerate any iodine. I think telling someone who has problems with small amounts of iodine to take large amounts of iodine would be a disaster.

To be honest, I had little to no detox symptoms when taking mega-doses (upwards of 150mg) 1.5 years ago. Then I took a month or so break and came back with much lower doses and experienced more detox symptoms. My rationale as to why it happened this way was because I was so depleted in the beginning. Therefore, all of the iodine was consumed by empty receptor sites before there was any left left over to detox.

I'm not sure it works quite like that but recently I've had to spend about 3 months of slowly working my way back up to taking one drop daily. Starting out, I couldn't take a single drop 2 days in a row without getting a headache. Sometimes this would happen even with a 2 day break. Now I'm fine with a daily dose, save for a few skin rashes that itch sometimes but don't bother me otherwise. Those too, are subsiding however and yesterday I actually took a double dose (2 drops of 10%) without issue.

I've been takin Lugol for two years now, and used to take rather high doses. Before Christmass for the first time I felt lack of selenium, so stopped Lugola until selenium comes. On the third morning without Lugola I just felt old and tired after sleep. The difference is like between being 25 years old and 45 years old.

My partner and I have been taking Lugol's for nearly 2 years. My girlfriend has been taking a few drops a week (4 to 6) through the skin, while i take up to 14 drops a week in juice, on and off. It has changed our health for the better in many ways.

As soon as I forget to take it for a few days my body reminds me somehow. We have helped our close friends and familly fend off flu and other such symptoms by following the guidelines found on the internet. It has been a good friend and will remain as such!

romochar said:
My partner and I have been taking Lugol's for nearly 2 years. My girlfriend has been taking a few drops a week (4 to 6) through the skin, while i take up to 14 drops a week in juice, on and off.

Juice such as orange juice can convert the Lugol's into potassium iodide before you drink the mixture. That's the reason for spacing out the taking of Lugol's and vitamin C.

Thank you HLAT, our problem is that my partner has grown an allergy to oranges, and othert things after childbirth and ageing.

So I guess just using vitC will help? She has used it topically on a less regular basis but it has improved our health in many ways so far. We are grateful for having learned about this on the forum. Also, everyone we have suggested it to and that has used it, has had positive respose, for us it has been a wonderful change from all the crap we've been prescribed for various problems such as even asthma...

Thank you!!!

romochar said:
Thank you HLAT, our problem is that my partner has grown an allergy to oranges, and othert things after childbirth and ageing.

So I guess just using vitC will help? She has used it topically on a less regular basis but it has improved our health in many ways so far. We are grateful for having learned about this on the forum. Also, everyone we have suggested it to and that has used it, has had positive respose, for us it has been a wonderful change from all the crap we've been prescribed for various problems such as even asthma...

Thank you!!!

Romochar,

I think HLAT means iodine is NOT supposed to be taken with orange juice. The vitamin C in the orange juice will neutralize the iodine's effectiveness. So it is OK if your partner avoids orange juice which will help the idodine to work since vitamin C taken too close to the iodine dose will neutralize it. You can take vitamin C but give it at least 30-60 mins (my understanding only) before/after taking the iodine. One person actually gave a tip here for cleaning iodine stains by rubbing with vitamin C powder (ascorbic acid). I tried it and it works great.

Back
Top Bottom