Session 13 Feb 2011

ScottD said:
When reading the material that you posted from Gurdjieff I had a moment of "how did this man gain his knowledge?". Quite fascinating in itself!

You might be interested in our podcast discussion on the topic linked from this page:
http://www.sott.net/podcasts/listall?page=2
"In Search of the Miraculous" parts 1 and 2.

cubbex said:
Laura said:
Doing and EE program is the key to all of this. The individual who is cleared by doing it naturally begins to DO certain things.

There is some of this apparent in some individuals here but it is, as yet, rather spotty.

Anyway, certain DOing then leads to the possibility that connecting of chakras can take place which then leads to the possibility of the dance. Seeking to do the dance before it is time would be self-sabotage.

Laura it is normal to feel so much hate and sadness days after EE??????

The program had helped me in a big way but why it has to be in this way??????????????????
It's like feeling what you are going to feel in a long period, in a short period, and it helps obviously because you would see things better but, it's like doing a lot of excercize.

Hi Cubbex, sorry to hear you are having a rough time of it.
The round breathing (bio-energetic) portion of the program can bring up a lot of emotions we didn't know we had, past traumas and pain....some of it can be quite overwhelming.
If you are finding it overwhelming, it is advised that you skip the round breathing part of the program for a week or so until things calm down, then reintroduce it slowly (say once a week or only doing half the program), always making sure it isn't overwhelming you.
I have felt this hate and sadness for days afterwards too. Hope you are ok :flowers:

Laura said:
ScottD said:
When reading the material that you posted from Gurdjieff I had a moment of "how did this man gain his knowledge?". Quite fascinating in itself!

You might be interested in our podcast discussion on the topic linked from this page:
http://www.sott.net/podcasts/listall?page=2
"In Search of the Miraculous" parts 1 and 2.

Which is also discussed here: http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=2961.0

The thread has some great, extra info.

Laura said:
But there's a whole LOT between seeking truth and dancing like being part of a group seeking truth, networking with said group in order to achieve a certain state of Knowledge and BEing which includes understanding where, when and how dancing might be part of the seeking.

Perhaps a post that I wrote to the first Quantum Future School group will help:

The C's - our 10 % inspiration that must be matched by 90 %
perspiration - have pointed us to "networking" many, many times, but
other than clues, don't give us many exact details.

As time has gone by, as we researched, experimented, learned, gained
experience, we have found that the work of Gurdjieff, supplemented by
Mouravieff and Castaneda, Sufism, and some other bits and pieces, seem
to fit together like puzzle pieces in the framework given by the C's.
This is why, after all this time, we have come to think of the C's
and our "public work" as a TRUE 4th Way Work. Gurdjieff describes a
True Fourth Way Work as follows:

Now beginning to understand what it means to networking.

When I read ISOM never took literal "the formation of a group" and "the relationship of teacher and student". Now I see that it is literal.

I always thought that a book or a forum like this could also be a teacher. After reading the excerpts from Laura, I see that the teacher and the student must interact directly and that one should help others directly.

Who can I help? The only person I know who is interested in the Fourth Way has decided to leave because she isn't ready yet. I wonder if when I'm ready, naturally, will appear people that I will be able help them.

Likewise, who can be my teacher? I understand that we must learn from experience and that only can give us clues, but I wonder if when one is prepared, then the teacher will appear naturally. I mustn't look a teacher. Simply appears?

RedFox said:
cubbex said:
Laura said:
Doing and EE program is the key to all of this. The individual who is cleared by doing it naturally begins to DO certain things.

There is some of this apparent in some individuals here but it is, as yet, rather spotty.

Anyway, certain DOing then leads to the possibility that connecting of chakras can take place which then leads to the possibility of the dance. Seeking to do the dance before it is time would be self-sabotage.

Laura it is normal to feel so much hate and sadness days after EE??????

The program had helped me in a big way but why it has to be in this way??????????????????
It's like feeling what you are going to feel in a long period, in a short period, and it helps obviously because you would see things better but, it's like doing a lot of excercize.

Hi Cubbex, sorry to hear you are having a rough time of it.
The round breathing (bio-energetic) portion of the program can bring up a lot of emotions we didn't know we had, past traumas and pain....some of it can be quite overwhelming.
If you are finding it overwhelming, it is advised that you skip the round breathing part of the program for a week or so until things calm down, then reintroduce it slowly (say once a week or only doing half the program), always making sure it isn't overwhelming you.
I have felt this hate and sadness for days afterwards too. Hope you are ok :flowers:

Ok thanks so much for the answer. The most difficult is that there is people that in the most unwanted moment came to you and provoke you.

Q: (Andromeda) Are veggies not really good for us as we have begun to suspect from our research?

A: Pretty much.

Q: (L) Why?

A: Every living thing has a protective life preserving mechanism. For animals it is their ability to run and hide or fight. For living things that do not have those capacities nature has still not abandoned them.

Q: (Ailen) Basically lectins... (Psyche) And anti-nutrients. (Ailen) Geez... between that and the low-fat propaganda, most people are dead.

A: Yes.

Q: (Perceval) Is it possible for us to get all of our nutrients from animals without taking supplements?

A: It would be better if they were "wild fed" but you are able to figure this out.

This seems to be in direct contrast to the "detox or die", "ultra simple diet" and the Mediterranean diet. The last of which calls for lots of veggies and nuts. I realize that the above mentioned threads were started up to 2 years ago and that this whole forum is a learning process. I've watched in the last few months as the diet shift has been more toward a meat and fat based diet, depending on one's individual body type.

So am I understanding the "4 diet system" to still stand as progressive means to optimal health?

As in...
1. The detox diet is necessary to cleanse the body to get back to "0" so to speak.
2. The USD is then the next step to reintroduce different foods to see which ones work for the individual.
3. The Mediterranean Diet becomes the model for those of the omnivore type or mixed type.
4. The carnivore/hunter diet is the ultimate goal for most but with the understanding that some individuals will need more vegetation than others simply because of their make up

Or should one try to skip steps "2" and "3" and try the carnivore/hunter diet after the detox?

seekr said:
So am I understanding the "4 diet system" to still stand as progressive means to optimal health?

As in...
1. The detox diet is necessary to cleanse the body to get back to "0" so to speak.
2. The USD is then the next step to reintroduce different foods to see which ones work for the individual.
3. The Mediterranean Diet becomes the model for those of the omnivore type or mixed type.
4. The carnivore/hunter diet is the ultimate goal for most but with the understanding that some individuals will need more vegetation than others simply because of their make up

Or should one try to skip steps "2" and "3" and try the carnivore/hunter diet after the detox?

I think that's a good summation. It's probably necessary for an individual to gradually build up to a meat and fat diet, too, since nearly everyone is toxified and have sluggish livers to one extent or another. Of course, there seem to be some people who SHOULD go directly to mostly meats because they have particular conditions where too many veggies irritate their colons. I've also read that people with asthma-like conditions can be completely cured on meat diets.

Laura said:
seekr said:

As in...

I think that's a good summation. It's probably necessary for an individual to gradually build up to a meat and fat diet, too, since nearly everyone is toxified and have sluggish livers to one extent or another. Of course, there seem to be some people who SHOULD go directly to mostly meats because they have particular conditions where too many veggies irritate their colons. I've also read that people with asthma-like conditions can be completely cured on meat diets.

Very helpful. Thanks seekr and Laura. I've been wondering the same thing, but haven't had time to make a post. Fortunately, I'm park Greek and have always been an avid carnivore.

anart said:
OrangeScorpion said:
Who can I help?

This network.

OS said:
Likewise, who can be my teacher?

This network.

Throughout the day I have met a teacher in this forum and I have "helped" others :) :cool:

Although I still find it difficult to apply the ideas of ISOTM on "Formation of a group" to this network, I still have much to learn.

I hope not to have to raise in the future questions so obvious. :-[ :-[

Thanks for the speedy reply and clarification, Laura

I'll post some personal changes and observations in one of the diet threads as soon as I determine which one it best fits in..

JGeropoulas, I actually had wondered on this a while too and had started to post almost a week earlier. But as I started the post, when i got to "asking the question", I realized I wasn't even sure how to form/ask the question. :-[ Took me a week of going back and forth between the 4 diet threads and pondering to come up with a proper question.... Talk about writer's block :headbash:

Wow! Great sessions, thank you everybody!

Q: (Andromeda) What's up with the cracked airplane windows that have been showing up in the news?

A: Electrical charges have many effects. By the way, that is the reason for some of the animal deaths: electrical discharges.

Q: (Belibaste) Because there's more dust between the ionosphere and the surface of the earth. (Galaxia) Is that also why I've been getting shocked by electrical equipment recently? (L) Could be.

A: Yes.

Q: (Perceval) Is that electrical discharges from the sun, or...

A: Sheets of rain, or dust plus electricity. Snow too.

Funny, I was in Kyoto for the last week or so, and was getting static electricity shocks off virtually anything made out of metal, I mean, I was getting shocks like 10 times a day!

Novelis said:
Funny, I was in Kyoto for the last week or so, and was getting static electricity shocks off virtually anything made out of metal, I mean, I was getting shocks like 10 times a day!

I get a big static electricity shock every time after driving my car. As soon as my feet hit the ground & I touch the door to close it -shock! I've come to expect it and the longer the distance I drive, the bigger the shock. I wondered if it had anything to do with it being Winter, I'll have to wait & see if it continues once Spring arrives.

Thanks very much once more for the session Laura et al...

Very interesting...I have been getting nasty shocks off my car door when exiting for about the last year or so - even through heavy winter gloves! I was wondering if there was a wiring problem...

And the diet info is also interesting - I have been on a no-fat & hi veg diet for the last 2 years because of cardiac issues & having an angioplasty, but my body doesn't "feel right" with this, and the weight loss has not been that great.

So eating fats and minimal veg would be better for someone with my cardiac issue???

BTW I have recently read that people lose weight easier eating fats rather than when they are eating the same caloric value of carbs. Something to do with the digestive chemistry involved... maybe I will have to re-think the diet thing.

Thanks again and keep on keeping on!

Back
Top Bottom