Session 13 Feb 2011

Jerry said:
So eating fats and minimal veg would be better for someone with my cardiac issue???

You may find helpful what Laura posted here.

Hi pstott,

Here is a relevant quote from the above link and a bit of personal experience:
1) Improved cardiovascular risk factors

Though you may not have heard of it on the front pages of your local newspaper, online news source, or local television or radio news program, saturated fat plays a couple of key roles in cardiovascular health. The addition of saturated fat to the diet reduces the levels of a substance called lipoprotein (a)—pronounced “lipoprotein little a” and abbreviated Lp(a)—that correlates strongly with risk for heart disease. Currently there are no medications to lower this substance and the only dietary means of lowering Lp(a) is eating saturated fat. Bet you didn’t hear that on the nightly news. Moreover, eating saturated (and other) fats also raises the level of HDL, the so-called good cholesterol. Lastly, research has shown that when women diet, those eating the greatest percentage of the total fat in their diets as saturated fat lose the most weight.

Half a year ago I did a blood test for cholesterol among other things, and my results were really low on both HDL and LDL. But that was because until then my diet didn't include too much animal or any other fat. Since then my diet has been primarily large quantities of fatty meats and lard, including other fats and low amount of veggies, and last blood test couple of days ago showed my HDL levels going way beyond the upper level. So that's something to consider.

Jerry said:
So eating fats and minimal veg would be better for someone with my cardiac issue???

Check out this video too:
http://www.sott.net/articles/show/223262-I-have-high-cholesterol-and-I-don-t-care

Or if you prefer to read it, then check out here: http://www.sott.net/articles/show/223978-The-most-important-thing-you-probably-don-t-know-about-cholesterol

Keit said:
Half a year ago I did a blood test for cholesterol among other things, and my results were really low on both HDL and LDL. But that was because until then my diet didn't include too much animal or any other fat. Since then my diet has been primarily large quantities of fatty meats and lard, including other fats and low amount of veggies, and last blood test couple of days ago showed my HDL levels going way beyond the upper level. So that's something to consider.

I wonder if the range criteria in medical tests reflects what a real healthy state is. It doesn't take account genetic differences between population...

Talking about smoking I tried a venezuelan chewing snuff called "chimó" which is made of cooked tobacco leaves with molasses and with a natural salt found in a lagoon (sodium carbonate), to difference to another person who said that you don't need to spit, I disagree, it is necessary to do it because you can get an overdose at least you have a lot of time consuming tobacco and you are accustomed. The fact is that I felt a little bit strange ( I think is normal) but what I don't know whether it is normal or not was that I got some itchy hand. On the other hand I read a study made in my country about the effects of this kind of chewing tobacco in the gums and it shows after 20 weeks gums alterations in mice and now I have fear to continue using it. Here I put the study (spanish)

I don't know if it is due to this kind of tobacco, but the fact is that I am avoiding the smoked way because chimo is very unexpensive and practical (no odors).

_ http://scielo.sld.cu/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S0034-75072009000300005&lng=en&nrm=iso&ignore=.html

Abstract

Chimó is a tobacco derivative used in Venezuela containing nicotine. Its harmlessness has been questionated due to potential damages on periodontal tissues. Aim of present research was to study histological alterations that chimó could causes on periodontal tissues in Wistar rats. Twelve male Wistar rats were selected, 12 were the control group and 12 the experimental one. Control group received physiologic solution and the experimental one received chimó in a dosage of 18g/5cc (chimó/physiologic solution) to both groups by topical via (rubbing). Application frequency: three days/week during 20 weeks. In control group there was not changes. Experimental group showed Orthokeratosis (54 %), slight epithelial dysplasia (45 %), granulocytes, hyperkeratosis, acanthosis, fibrosis, and stroma collagen disease and chronic inflammation (19 %), and a moderate dysplasia (10 %). We conclude that histological changes seen are directly related to chimó exposure time.

Edit: corrected the font of the study

Approaching Infinity said:
Laura said:
ScottD said:
When reading the material that you posted from Gurdjieff I had a moment of "how did this man gain his knowledge?". Quite fascinating in itself!

You might be interested in our podcast discussion on the topic linked from this page:
http://www.sott.net/podcasts/listall?page=2
"In Search of the Miraculous" parts 1 and 2.

Which is also discussed here: http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=2961.0

The thread has some great, extra info.

Thank you AI--why indeed wouldn't G have had 'medium' contact. Wow, makes total sense. Someone said it doesn't matter what or who it was, but it would be interesting to know anyway because of the fact that the C's are our contact with 6DSTO, and this network was inspired by the C's and Laura's future self. Not that it is necessarily a good question for the C's... ;)

Lilou said:
Novelis said:
Funny, I was in Kyoto for the last week or so, and was getting static electricity shocks off virtually anything made out of metal, I mean, I was getting shocks like 10 times a day!

I get a big static electricity shock every time after driving my car. As soon as my feet hit the ground & I touch the door to close it -shock! I've come to expect it and the longer the distance I drive, the bigger the shock. I wondered if it had anything to do with it being Winter, I'll have to wait & see if it continues once Spring arrives.

I've noticed it too, but it doesn't happen in vehicles at work. My car has cloth seats and at work everything is vinyl. Cloth is better at building up static charge. I suppose also having more clothing helps the body build up a static charge as it acts like an insulator.

A: Those that have a certain genetic profile may suffer very little.

Q: (Andromeda) Is that any of us? (Galaxia) That doesn't sound like anybody is immune... like, "They'll suffer very little before they die!"

A: Smoking tobacco is a clue and an aid.

Q: (L) A clue to the genetic profile?

A: Yes.

I wonder if that clue has to do with this

Session 30 March 2002

Q: [Laughter] (V) Yeah I do, but it's eluded me for the moment. Dang, alright if it's gone, its gone. Hmmm, 3rd money growing density...what people will say or do, it just amazes me, blows me away. (L) It gets so bad. The more layers you peel away the worse it gets. it's like you just want to run screaming "I want out of this place." (V) I'm going to be brave here and ask if it's possible to get a symbol this evening that may work on viruses? (L) Viruses? (V) I know ...okay I'm back to the same question of consciousness.

A: Viruses make inroads only when there exists gaps in consciousness. A full field of awareness closes the gaps. Heal the soul by means of increased knowledge which leads to DNA modification which closes gaps...To do it otherwise amounts to self violation of lesson profiles elected by the self.

Can the role of smoking has to do with help close that gaps in consciouness?? Maybe the nicotine facilitates changes in the DNA promoted by awareness ...just some thoughts

Hi everybody.Thank you,friends,for this session.I hope there will be more sessions(I read all the other from 1994-2011) after 13 Feb because there are lot of questions to be asked.I hope Cass(or Leo,now) guys will be perspicacious as before (what surprised me were prophecies about British and USA oil disaster and new ice age coming after that,followed by dissatisfaction of the people-we all saw what Vikileaks did).
I think it's written in the Bible-"...they are seeing but they don't see..." and I'm afraid we are living exactly like that sometimes.

Regarding to this session,there are a lot of dangers coming,black death,meteors,comet,virus called perpetuum mobile,climate changes,bad solar activities,new Suns,Maya 2012 prophecy,Aliens,Michel's prophecy,floods and storms,political changes all over the world...but we must know there is no end,God we'll be always there for us,because He is "nature's awareness of itself" and much more.

I hope somebody will understand at least some of the words here.

Best wishes.

:D :D :D

Srastral said:
Hi everybody.Thank you,friends,for this session.I hope there will be more sessions(I read all the other from 1994-2011) after 13 Feb because there are lot of questions to be asked.I hope Cass(or Leo,now) guys will be perspicacious as before (what surprised me were prophecies about British and USA oil disaster and new ice age coming after that,followed by dissatisfaction of the people-we all saw what Vikileaks did).
I think it's written in the Bible-"...they are seeing but they don't see..." and I'm afraid we are living exactly like that sometimes.

Regarding to this session,there are a lot of dangers coming,black death,meteors,comet,virus called perpetuum mobile,climate changes,bad solar activities,new Suns,Maya 2012 prophecy,Aliens,Michel's prophecy,floods and storms,political changes all over the world...but we must know there is no end,God we'll be always there for us,because He is "nature's awareness of itself" and much more.

Best wishes.

Hello Srastral and welcome, if you like you can introduce yourself in the newbies board! :)

Srastral said:

Best wishes.

Hi Srastral,
welcome to the forum :)

We recommend all new members to post an introduction in the Newbies section telling us a bit about themselves, how they found the cass material,
and how much of the work here they have read.

Edit: take a look at Legolas post for the link

Psyche said:
Jerry said:

Check out this video too:
http://www.sott.net/articles/show/223262-I-have-high-cholesterol-and-I-don-t-care

Or if you prefer to read it, then check out here: http://www.sott.net/articles/show/223978-The-most-important-thing-you-probably-don-t-know-about-cholesterol

Thanks for all the info folks... looks like some changes have to happen.

Phil

Thank you Laura & Crew Much to Ponder over a smoke,some Shortbread and Wild Rabbit..Well it explains so much about how the anti smoking campaign has gone up a gear recentley and the price of Tobacco.
Also the rise of people getting C.O.P.D and the main agent of blame is the demon tobacco,but the real culprit lurks close at hand, from Wiki:

`Intense and prolonged exposure to workplace dusts found in coal mining, gold mining, and the cotton textile industry and chemicals such as cadmium, isocyanates, and fumes from welding have been implicated in the development of airflow obstruction, even in nonsmokers.[24] Workers who smoke and are exposed to these particles and gases are even more likely to develop COPD. Intense silica dust exposure causes silicosis, a restrictive lung disease distinct from COPD; however, less intense silica dust exposures have been linked to a COPD-like condition.[25] The effect of occupational pollutants on the lungs appears to be substantially less important than the effect of cigarette smoking.`

`Studies in many countries have found people who live in large cities have a higher rate of COPD compared to people who live in rural areas.[27] Urban air pollution may be a contributing factor for COPD, as it is thought to slow the normal growth of the lungs, although the long-term research needed to confirm the link has not been done. Studies of the industrial waste gas and COPD/asthma-aggravating compound, sulfur dioxide, and the inverse relation to the presence of the blue lichen Xanthoria (usually found abundantly in the countryside, but never in towns or cities) have been seen to suggest combustive industrial processes do not aid COPD sufferers. In many developing countries, indoor air pollution from cooking fire smoke (often using biomass fuels such as wood and animal dung) is a common cause of COPD, especially in women.`

`There is mounting evidence that there may be an autoimmune component to COPD, triggered by lifelong smoking.[31] Many individuals with COPD who have stopped smoking have active inflammation in the lungs.[32] The disease may continue to get worse for many years after stopping smoking due to this ongoing inflammation.[32] This sustained inflammation is thought to be mediated by autoantibodies and autoreactive T cells

Novelis said:
Funny, I was in Kyoto for the last week or so, and was getting static electricity shocks off virtually anything made out of metal, I mean, I was getting shocks like 10 times a day!

It was during that same period of time that I was getting static shocked when I would put my hands into running tap water. My house is all tile floors and only area rugs. This only happened for about a week. I had never experienced this before. I do not know if I was carrying the static charge, or it was the water.

Found the following paper today:

Protective effect of nicotine on oxidative and cell damage in rats with depression induced by olfactory bulbectomy

Abstract

We evaluated the effects of nicotine on cell and oxidative damage caused by olfactory bulbectomy (OBX). The rats were divided into seven groups as follows: i) control; ii) vehicle (6% ethanol); iii) treated with nicotine; iv) sham operated; v) olfactory bulbectomy (OBX); vi) OBX + vehicle; and vii) OBX + Nic. The OBX was performed using the trepanation of frontal bone. The olfactory bulbs were cut and removed without damage to the frontal cortex. Two weeks after surgery nicotine was administered chronically once daily for 14 days, intraperitoneally (i.p.) in doses of 1.5 mg/kg, two weeks after surgery. OBX caused an increase in lipid peroxidation products and caspase-3 but prompted a reduction in reduced glutathione (GSH) content and antioxidative enzyme activity. All these changes were reverted by treatment of nicotine (14 days). In conclusions: i) OBX induces oxidative stress and cell death by apoptosis; and ii) nicotine presents antidepressant and antioxidant effect. All these findings suggest that nicotine would be a therapeutic tool for depression, although more studies are needed in this area to define the appropriate treatment regime.

Keywords: Antioxidant; Depression; Nicotine; Olfactory bulbectomy; Oxidative stress

Rabelais said:
Novelis said:

It was during that same period of time that I was getting static shocked when I would put my hands into running tap water. My house is all tile floors and only area rugs. This only happened for about a week. I had never experienced this before. I do not know if I was carrying the static charge, or it was the water.
Wow.. now that you mention it, a few weeks ago (probably same week as you) I have been constantly shocked when getting out of my car and touching the door to close it (to the point that I started using my elbow instead). This phenomenon went away after about a week or 2, just as suddenly as it arrived, and it was never a consistent issue before then. I wanna say it was sometime around end of Feb, maybe early March. Perhaps something was "in the air"? Maybe related to all the storminess around that time all over the planet, which may be due to cosmic electric discharges..

Back
Top Bottom