Author Topic: Question about abortion  (Read 18123 times)

Online Lavinia_Sofi​a

• The Force is Strong With This One
Re: Question about abortion
« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2016, 11:18:12 AM »
This past night I had a voluntary termination of pregnancy, in my 5th week of gestation, I am in love with my partner, I want to be a mother and we both want to have children, but I am fully aware of the minimal situation I want to bring to this world, and That does not happen right now.

I feel sad, so it could have been and was not (at this point, it will be when it is decided), but not for having committed a murder or something like that, none of that. It was a difficult decision, but fully responsible and also consensual with my partner.

In this sense, I want to claim the importance of them, men, our partners, both in the role of parenthood and in deciding to abort and postpone it.

I want to have children in the future and not only for a narcissistic question, although I admit that it is very difficult to leave this programming, to give children to this planet, that after a very conscious education can combat the psychopathic world that awaits and help others to Understand it. For this maybe a community is needed? It's an idea that I still have to shape in my mind ...

Souls are necessary, in this world so desolate, chaotic and terrible; Conscious minds are necessary to bring light and understanding to so much world hostility.

It has helped me a lot to read this thread, well, it is always inspiring to read the forum  :), thank you very much, strength and light to continue !!

Online Ant22

• Jedi
« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2016, 02:31:59 PM »
This past night I had a voluntary termination of pregnancy, in my 5th week of gestation, I am in love with my partner, I want to be a mother and we both want to have children, but I am fully aware of the minimal situation I want to bring to this world, and That does not happen right now.
(...)
Souls are necessary, in this world so desolate, chaotic and terrible; Conscious minds are necessary to bring light and understanding to so much world hostility.

Hi Lavinia_Sofia, I don’t know you or the exact circumstances you’re in but if it means anything at all, I would just like to say that to me (and that’s just my very subjective view point), sometimes abortion is simply a really responsible decision to make. For yourself and the child.

My mom had me at 21, very young in today’s standards, although back then it was probably the average age of a new mom. I have heard her say lots of times that she really wishes she’d done so many things before having children. Don’t get me wrong, she’s one of those women who always knew they wanted to have children and I never, not even for a second, felt she regrets having us. And she did an amazing job really, despite all the obstacles we faced.

And that’s the point. If only she’d waited a little longer there wouldn’t be as many obstacles. I just can’t help but think how much easier her entire life would have been, how many more opportunities I myself would be able to take, and how much better equipped I would be today, emotionally, socially and financially, to face and assimilate the lessons I’ve been offered in my life. And most importantly, how many lessons she would be able to take if raising children with limited means, knowledge and understanding of the reality of this world hadn’t occupied her entire energy.

If only she actually did the things she regrets not doing before she had children.

I understand the necessity of facing obstacles in order to grow and I am grateful for all the lessons her decision to have me brought into my life. And in retrospect, it was the hardest ones the hardest ones proved to be a real blessing in disguise, accelerating my own development. But if she actually equipped herself a little better and prepared the ground for us, we wouldn’t have to be stuck in a hamster wheel of repeating the same lesson over and over again, simply because we couldn’t afford to move on. And I do feel there are lots of lessons I never had a chance to pursue and experience because of this.

I can imagine that your decision to terminate the pregnancy wasn’t an easy one. I won’t pretend I know how you feel because I’ve never been there. I’m not married and I’ve never felt that having children is in the cards for me. How I view having children is most likely heavily filtered through the subjectivity of these circumstances but I must say I agree with what was said in this thread. I actually read it a couple of years ago and it came as such a relief that I’m not the only person who feels that way.

There’s this saying that you can either give life to yourself or somebody else. I don’t entirely agree with this. I may be missing the point but the way I see it is that you should first give life to yourself before you can meaningfully give it to someone else. Fwiw.

I wish you all the growth this lesson has to offer. Take care!
"If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite.
For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern."

- William Blake

Online Lavinia_Sofi​a

• The Force is Strong With This One
« Reply #77 on: December 25, 2016, 07:09:08 PM »
Thanks for your words Ant22, life is full of challenges and it is wonderful to be able to get a good learning from all of them. Take care you too, greetings!

Offline MikeJoseph82

• Jedi
    • Desert Island Walking
« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2016, 02:00:26 PM »
I am sorry Lavinia_Sofia for your circumstance but understand the learning opportunity as mentioned by Ant22. The harder the situation, the more opportunity there is for growth - I sometimes wish it wasn't as unpleasant as it is. My thoughts are with you :)
"It is always darkest just before the Day dawneth."