Session 23 March 2013

Thanks crew for this session.
The "being prepared" thing and the parable could possibly mean we're missing something. We have the lamp (food, water, etc) but we need the oil. And we should get it soon.

Laura said:
Carlise said:
Maybe this post would fit better somewhere else, but this session, especially the closing comments, hit me quite hard. I always feel a kind of anxiety when I'm reminded of preparation, like I'm totally not doing enough to be prepared.

Spending a lot of time doing Uni work and other such things, when I'm pretty well convinced that the poop is about to hit the fan, feels like I'm living a total lie. Sometimes I think I should just drop out, learn some proper handy real life skills, and really get prepared for tough times and have something substantial to give to others. But then, despite the monotony of Uni and my job, they keep the money coming in. Enough to allow me good food, and books anyway, as well as both being opportunities for self Work.

Maybe I'm just being drastic here, but it feels like the universe is bringing out the bright neon signs and, although I'm paying attention, it just doesn't feel like I'm acting on these signs like I should.

Thank you for the session :)

Maybe ya'll can formulate some simple progressions of questions about what it really means to be "prepared"? I promise we'll do another very soon!!! It's just been hectic around here, one thing after another, and finally the taxes were all done after weeks of accounting data entry. So now, with the business out of the way, we can try to get back to normal, whatever that is. In short, another session soon, so let's get some good questions together about what "being prepared" really means. I have the feeling that it isn't what people usually think.

Thank you for the session, team!

As far as preparation goes, probably one needs to have passed a certain threshold through finding and applying special knowledge. It's simplistic but that's what hit me first. Excuse my English.

Edit: Why did they put "prepare" in quotes?

Laura said:
[...]
A: See/C you soon!
[...]

Session Sept 06 said:
[...]
Q: (Discussion of last session when Guest was present, and the "April drop dead date" response to Guest's moving to France questions. The C's said the April Drop Dead Date applied in general and not just to Guest.) (Perceval) Was it a biased answer because of Guest's presence?
A: No.

Q: (J) "3 Nights": Does it have anything to do with that quatrain from Nostradamus? And you're not allowed to say "Wait and see"!
A: Wait and C.
[...]
:huh: :/

Mrs. Peel said:
Laura said:
In short, another session soon, so let's get some good questions together about what "being prepared" really means. I have the feeling that it isn't what people usually think.

Prepared to exit 3D perhaps... ;)

Well, I was just going to comment that the oil in the lamps sounds like a metaphor for knowledge and applying it - in a spiritual sense mainly. Although the same could be said for 'prepping' in the material sense, if we consider what sort of consequences comets can produce on life as we know it - and therefore how limited our 3d prepping efforts may be - being part of the future probably means reaching the 'graduation frequency', so we fit in the future world, whether in a future incarnation or this one, without necessarily surviving the physical changes. And if we add the idea that the places that will be hit the hardest are determined by the negativity of the people in the area, then that gives further weight to spiritual understanding as the bridge to the future.

Oh, and thanks for the session! I just remembered that last night I had one of those comet + nuclear bomb dreams. Hmm...

anart said:
parallel said:
Thanks for the session!

I'm a bit confused as to the technical meaning of 'formulate progressions of questions..'

In order to get the C's input on what it really means to be prepared, the questions have to be formulated. They need to be clear and concise and that's not usually very easy to do. So, the idea is to work on formulating some questions for the C's that will help us to discern the real meaning of the phrase "be prepared". So, how would we start to ask that? "What does it mean to be prepared?" is probably too broad since it might vary, so...

I see now what is meant, thanks. But not necessarily how to ask the question. I guess "what would a 4d StO candidate preparedness priority-list look like?" or "Which elements of a 'wise virgins oil' would be healthiest on a soul level to pay attentien to?", would be too broad and would need to be broken down into bits?

Laura said:
Maybe ya'll can formulate some simple progressions of questions about what it really means to be "prepared"? I promise we'll do another very soon!!! It's just been hectic around here, one thing after another, and finally the taxes were all done after weeks of accounting data entry. So now, with the business out of the way, we can try to get back to normal, whatever that is. In short, another session soon, so let's get some good questions together about what "being prepared" really means. I have the feeling that it isn't what people usually think.

That sounds great, it's good to hear that stuff is out of the way :) . I have a few, though they could probably be framed more concisely.

Relating to the 'comets being attracted to high-density-lie areas' idea, would it be beneficial for us to move to a certain geographical area together, or at least do this locally, forming lie free zones?.

How are we to survive the rampant psychopathy in this world that has obviously chosen it's own path to oblivion? Will we have to defend ourselves physically? Should we be basically be prepared to die?

Is the approach of the wave going to change our experience of reality, so that, basically, our acceptance of Truth or Lies is much more important than worrying about matters such as food?

Will we have an opportunity to help others here, or are we basically trying to prepare an Ark and get the hell out of here, leaving the population to their chosen lessons?

voyageur said:
Thank you each and all for the session. :)

Being prepared? This seems to be the question of questions, which makes me think in therms of both mind/body as an exit situation, or if survival, one will need same. Whatever the case, each requires continuous work.
Mrs. Peel said:
Laura said:
In short, another session soon, so let's get some good questions together about what "being prepared" really means. I have the feeling that it isn't what people usually think.

Prepared to exit 3D perhaps... ;)

Or at least being prepared in terms of more than just 3D thinking. In 4th Way there's a substance produced by those working together that can't be produced alone. Perhaps coming changes will allow people to use that certain something in ways we simply cannot in 3D? I could be off-base. But it feels like they're referring to more than just diet, breathing, preparation for economic collapse or plague ...

I think the best way to be prepared (our lamp oil) is 'frequency' produced by our efforts in doing/ living The Work everyday
(saving energy so we can connect to our higher centres and to become 'immortal' as Gurdijeff said) ...
And the Cass said it's not important where we are but who we are and what we see ..
.So I assume it is not food and water that is the most important couse it's only fuel for the body - the soul is the one that counts...) :/

Laura said:
...A: Those who wish to participate in the future should "be prepared" like the wise virgins...

The parable ends (Mt. 25:13) with a statement about "keeping watch," although the passage is about "preparation" and some translations use some form of that word in v. 10.

Here (from the C's) we have "be prepared," presumably looking at the passage as a whole. The parable describes what happens to those who were unprepared. They were not "watching for the signs" (Mt. 24), and they were not expecting to have to wait so long. The lack of preparation is specifically in reference to running low on something -- a source of light -- that is consumed continuously and must be replenished during a long wait (from carrying an extra supply). Hmmm.

As I recall, 10 "virgins" is probably referring to 10 young women -- servants perhaps? -- and evidently with a definite role or job to perform. Half of them weren't doing their jobs, and got fired. Hmmm.

There is a cultural context for this story -- weddings, lamps, virgins -- but when I try Googling it I come up with mounds of rubbish "spiritual" interpretations instead. Does anybody have more information? What exactly was their job?

Megan said:
Laura said:
...A: Those who wish to participate in the future should "be prepared" like the wise virgins...

There is a cultural context for this story -- weddings, lamps, virgins -- but when I try Googling it I come up with mounds of rubbish "spiritual" interpretations instead. Does anybody have more information? What exactly was their job?

wedding, marriage - union, becoming the part of something,
lamp - knowledge = light = love
virgin - purity, objectivity, wisdom

hmmmm :huh:

...maybe astrological symbol of Virgo has something to do with all this ?

Windmill knight said:
Well, I was just going to comment that the oil in the lamps sounds like a metaphor for knowledge and applying it - in a spiritual sense mainly. Although the same could be said for 'prepping' in the material sense, if we consider what sort of consequences comets can produce on life as we know it - and therefore how limited our 3d prepping efforts may be - being part of the future probably means reaching the 'graduation frequency', so we fit in the future world, whether in a future incarnation or this one, without necessarily surviving the physical changes. And if we add the idea that the places that will be hit the hardest are determined by the negativity of the people in the area, then that gives further weight to spiritual understanding as the bridge to the future.

Though this is a bit literal, the oil in the lamps also reminds me of fuel in general ie. fat / protein which is 'burned' and used for energy by our bodies. And having enough of it on reserve to tide us over during dark times. Likely that the C's said what they did knowing it had multiple meanings. "Be prepared" is also the motto of the boy scouts, and those two words have come to mind quite a lot lately! In any case, I look forward to seeing what kinds of questions we can formulate here.

Megan said:
As I recall, 10 "virgins" is probably referring to 10 young women -- servants perhaps? -- and evidently with a definite role or job to perform. Half of them weren't doing their jobs, and got fired. Hmmm.

I think to find the real "meat" of that matter, one would have to look further afield than a Judaic context. Probably in Anatolian or Greek ideas/customs since whatever is "Judaism" seems to have been born of Mesopotamian, Anatolian, and Greek influences.

One thing that occurred to me as I was reading other responses was this:

31 May 1997

Q: Do these divisions of consciousness grow and change?
A: Yes.
Q: And they grow and change through acquiring knowledge, is that
correct?
A: Basically.
Q: And acquiring knowledge is akin to acquiring energy? Or light?
Light energy?
A: Not exactly. That would be like saying that "filling up" at the
gas station is akin to acquiring speed.
Q: So, knowledge and light are like the gas for the car, but speed
comes from utilization?
A: Yes.
Q: And utilization means...
A: Knowledge application which generates energy, which, in turn,
generates light.

Back
Top Bottom