Session 23 March 2013

If knowledge is the "oil", they didn't share the "oil" with the foolish. Should there be a point where knowledge should not be shared with others, in a kind of too late to wake up scenario perhaps?

If viewed in knowledge application, there will come a time that those that have it cannot share it because they have to apply it to themselves in order to survive?

Since all the virgins have lamps with some oil, seems to me that the story is geared to those doing the Work and those who may imagine they are doing the Work (or are only partially committed to it). The virgins with some oil have apparently done some preparation but they are dependent on past efforts rather than continual ones. It reminds me of how Gurdjieff said something along the lines of how efforts in doing the Work need to be continual - that the good efforts of one day does not mean you can slack off the next (to paraphrase loosely). The foolish virgins also do not have foresight and as such depend on others. If that dependence is there, when the time comes where they find themselves still gathering themselves, then they will not be known by the 'bridegroom' (which symbolizes a marriage or connection with the divine?). So it seems that paying attention and being in a state of continual preparedness go hand in hand with being able to make such a connection.

As far as what this preparedness is, I think it makes sense that it relates more to knowledge than the purely material. In regards to lamps and light, the C's session that Laura brought up about the application of knowledge generating light is interesting.

Ennio said:
Windmill knight said:
Well, I was just going to comment that the oil in the lamps sounds like a metaphor for knowledge and applying it - in a spiritual sense mainly. Although the same could be said for 'prepping' in the material sense, if we consider what sort of consequences comets can produce on life as we know it - and therefore how limited our 3d prepping efforts may be - being part of the future probably means reaching the 'graduation frequency', so we fit in the future world, whether in a future incarnation or this one, without necessarily surviving the physical changes. And if we add the idea that the places that will be hit the hardest are determined by the negativity of the people in the area, then that gives further weight to spiritual understanding as the bridge to the future.

Though this is a bit literal, the oil in the lamps also reminds me of fuel in general IE. fat / protein which is 'burned' and used for energy by our bodies. And having enough of it on reserve to tide us over during dark times. Likely that the C's said what they did knowing it had multiple meanings. "Be prepared" is also the motto of the boy scouts, and those two words have come to mind quite a lot lately! In any case, I look forward to seeing what kinds of questions we can formulate here.

Exactly what I was thinking. Also, the oil in the lamps is the fuel for the flame which produces light. So also there's " utilization of knowledge generates light." A different meaning but I get the feeling the C's are hinting at multiple meanings that correlate. Maybe we can formulate some questions along these lines?

Green_Manalishi said:
If knowledge is the "oil", they didn't share the "oil" with the foolish. Should there be a point where knowledge should not be shared with others, in a kind of too late to wake up scenario perhaps?

If viewed in knowledge application, there will come a time that those that have it cannot share it because they have to apply it to themselves in order to survive?

This makes a lot of sense. I can remember times when I have felt thoroughly drained when discussing either topics of this forum or sott articles with people that will sometimes ask my opinion or act interested but don't really care or just let it go through one ear and out the other. Subsequently, they would turn around and do something very contradictory of their previous interest in "the work"/ diet/ etc., which is a clue to me that it could be a waste of energy to discuss things of this nature with them in the future.

Thank you very much for the sesion and for sharing. :)

About the weather...here in Queensland on Gold coast, Australia is raining for 2 and a half months already. The people who live here for years said that is never been so much rain for so long with so little sun. And they call Queensland a sunshine state. ;)

Thanks so much for the session :D

In regards to preparation, my mind drifted to the other bible parable that was mentioned in this session - the parable of the talents. What strikes me is the use of the term "talent". Back in the day, whenever this parable was actually written, the term was used to denote a weight measurement, often used for currency (or so wikipedia tells me); eg. 'a talent of gold'. So the parable is refering to the servants being given currency. But in the present, the term talent means an aptitude or skill; a gift one was born with or one has developed; something one is good at. So I'm turning over in my mind how one can "use their talents" to multiply them instead of hiding them away. Perhaps it relates to using one's talents in an STO manner, sharing them, spreading them for the benefit of others, versus hording, hiding and using your "talents" only for yourself. Perhaps using one's talents is how one "prepares", if that makes sense.

I'm not sure if this ties in directly to preparation since the C's didn't mention it in that context, but it's just the direction my thoughts were heading.

dugdeep said:
Thanks so much for the session :D

In regards to preparation, my mind drifted to the other bible parable that was mentioned in this session - the parable of the talents. What strikes me is the use of the term "talent". Back in the day, whenever this parable was actually written, the term was used to denote a weight measurement, often used for currency (or so wikipedia tells me); eg. 'a talent of gold'. So the parable is refering to the servants being given currency. But in the present, the term talent means an aptitude or skill; a gift one was born with or one has developed; something one is good at. So I'm turning over in my mind how one can "use their talents" to multiply them instead of hiding them away. Perhaps it relates to using one's talents in an STO manner, sharing them, spreading them for the benefit of others, versus hording, hiding and using your "talents" only for yourself. Perhaps using one's talents is how one "prepares", if that makes sense.

I'm not sure if this ties in directly to preparation since the C's didn't mention it in that context, but it's just the direction my thoughts were heading.

In regards to that, I thought it referred to the PTB trying to grab and hoard resources in order to try and survive. But they will be cast into darkness for the wrong aporoach.

Also, this struck me as interesting:

Q: (L) We forgot to ask who's with us tonight!

A: Pronoia.

Q: (L) And where do you transmit from?

A: Cassiopaea.

[quote author=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pronoia_%28psychology%29]
Pronoia is a neologism that is defined as the opposite state of mind as paranoia: having the sense that there is a conspiracy that exists to help the person. It is also used to describe a philosophy that the world is set up to secretly benefit people.

The writer and Electronic Frontier Foundation co-founder John Perry Barlow defined pronoia as "the suspicion the Universe is a conspiracy on your behalf".[1] The academic journal "Social Problems" published an article entitled "Pronoia" by Fred H. Goldner in 1982 (vol 30, pp. 82–91). It received a good deal of publicity at the time including references to it in Psychology Today, The New York Daily News, The Wall Street Journal etc. It described a phenomenon that was the opposite from paranoia and provided numerous examples of specific persons who displayed such characteristics.
[...]
The opening paragraphs of the article describe "a new and contagious cultural virus" and refer to pronoia as "the sneaking feeling one has that others are conspiring behind your back to help you".
[/quote]

Possibly a subtle hint? There's also this from the session:
[quote author=C's]
You see, there are those who would seek to block or harm you, and those who stand guard in an energetic sense which is close to the limit of permitted assistance at this point, though that may change along with conditions.
[/quote]

Help is on the way?

Thanks. Good session. I am motivated to stock up my "lamp oil" inventory. Many different levels of preparation need review.

dugdeep said:
Also, this struck me as interesting:

Q: (L) We forgot to ask who's with us tonight!

A: Pronoia.

Q: (L) And where do you transmit from?

A: Cassiopaea.

[quote author=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pronoia_%28psychology%29]
Pronoia is a neologism that is defined as the opposite state of mind as paranoia: having the sense that there is a conspiracy that exists to help the person. It is also used to describe a philosophy that the world is set up to secretly benefit people.

The writer and Electronic Frontier Foundation co-founder John Perry Barlow defined pronoia as "the suspicion the Universe is a conspiracy on your behalf".[1] The academic journal "Social Problems" published an article entitled "Pronoia" by Fred H. Goldner in 1982 (vol 30, pp. 82–91). It received a good deal of publicity at the time including references to it in Psychology Today, The New York Daily News, The Wall Street Journal etc. It described a phenomenon that was the opposite from paranoia and provided numerous examples of specific persons who displayed such characteristics.
[...]
The opening paragraphs of the article describe "a new and contagious cultural virus" and refer to pronoia as "the sneaking feeling one has that others are conspiring behind your back to help you".

Possibly a subtle hint? There's also this from the session:
[quote author=C's]
You see, there are those who would seek to block or harm you, and those who stand guard in an energetic sense which is close to the limit of permitted assistance at this point, though that may change along with conditions.
[/quote]

Help is on the way?
[/quote]

Wow, that is a very interesting connection. It also seems to me to be a hint that the only way through this will be to trust in the Universe, and let go of the paranoia attitude of 3d thinking. A small dose of Pronoia often helps when making difficult or scary choices. "When you begin to separate limiting emotions based on assumptions from emotions that open one to unlimited possibilities, that means you are preparing for the next density."

Thank you for this insight, dugdeep. I also noticed the strange sounding name in this session.

Shane said:
Since all the virgins have lamps with some oil, seems to me that the story is geared to those doing the Work and those who may imagine they are doing the Work (or are only partially committed to it). The virgins with some oil have apparently done some preparation but they are dependent on past efforts rather than continual ones. It reminds me of how Gurdjieff said something along the lines of how efforts in doing the Work need to be continual - that the good efforts of one day does not mean you can slack off the next (to paraphrase loosely). The foolish virgins also do not have foresight and as such depend on others. If that dependence is there, when the time comes where they find themselves still gathering themselves, then they will not be known by the 'bridegroom' (which symbolizes a marriage or connection with the divine?). So it seems that paying attention and being in a state of continual preparedness go hand in hand with being able to make such a connection.

As far as what this preparedness is, I think it makes sense that it relates more to knowledge than the purely material. In regards to lamps and light, the C's session that Laura brought up about the application of knowledge generating light is interesting.

I think that's a really good interpretation of the parable in terms of the work, Shane. Thanks for sharing :) I don't think the oil is related specifically to knowledge in this analogy, because casting pearls before swine is it's own parable.

Gaolea said:
I am a wise virgins xD

I don't think that really contributed to the discussion, for what it's worth. Please remember to keep the noise down. :)

Thank you all for sharing this session with the"C`s". It`s given me lots to contemplate. Several levels of meaning. It feels like a whirlwind

taking it all in. Writing things down helps me sort out my thoughts.This session made things clearer in preparedness mentally and

physically. Lots of reading to do and putting that knowledge to use. Then on the physical side... My list of things to do and supplies to

stock up on.

Just some food for thought! :cool2

Thanks again Laura and Team and Forum members. The Work here is invaluable.

Windmill knight said:
Mrs. Peel said:
Laura said:
In short, another session soon, so let's get some good questions together about what "being prepared" really means. I have the feeling that it isn't what people usually think.

Prepared to exit 3D perhaps... ;)

Well, I was just going to comment that the oil in the lamps sounds like a metaphor for knowledge and applying it - in a spiritual sense mainly. Although the same could be said for 'prepping' in the material sense, if we consider what sort of consequences comets can produce on life as we know it - and therefore how limited our 3d prepping efforts may be - being part of the future probably means reaching the 'graduation frequency', so we fit in the future world, whether in a future incarnation or this one, without necessarily surviving the physical changes. And if we add the idea that the places that will be hit the hardest are determined by the negativity of the people in the area, then that gives further weight to spiritual understanding as the bridge to the future.

Oh, and thanks for the session! I just remembered that last night I had one of those comet + nuclear bomb dreams. Hmm...

I have had two "flood" dreams in a row just last night and the night before, in last night's there were alien spacecraft in a chase as well :shock:

Back
Top Bottom