Session 23 March 2013

Laura said:
Megan said:
...There is a cultural context for this story -- weddings, lamps, virgins -- but when I try Googling it I come up with mounds of rubbish "spiritual" interpretations instead. Does anybody have more information? What exactly was their job?

I think to find the real "meat" of that matter, one would have to look further afield than a Judaic context. Probably in Anatolian or Greek ideas/customs since whatever is "Judaism" seems to have been born of Mesopotamian, Anatolian, and Greek influences.

I did more Googling after my earlier post, using better search terms, and found general information about wedding ceremonies in that region and era, and about bridal parties and processions. I also found that people were retrofitting the specific details of the parable into historical information about Jewish weddings in order to make it fit. So this story may indeed have come from another culture. I will poke around a bit more -- thanks!

L said:
One thing that occurred to me as I was reading other responses was this:

31 May 1997

Q: Do these divisions of consciousness grow and change?
A: Yes.
Q: And they grow and change through acquiring knowledge, is that
correct?
A: Basically.
Q: And acquiring knowledge is akin to acquiring energy? Or light?
Light energy?
A: Not exactly. That would be like saying that "filling up" at the
gas station is akin to acquiring speed.
Q: So, knowledge and light are like the gas for the car, but speed
comes from utilization?
Q: And utilization means...
A: Knowledge application which generates energy, which, in turn,
generates light.

There is a parallel with the gas tank and the oil jars. The problem in the parable is that 5 of the women didn't bring along extra oil, and the lamps themselves didn't contain enough oil to last the evening, something they should have known.

You have to bring with you what you need to finish the trip and that you can't buy along the way, or you end up out of gas in the desert (or flying over thick clouds over Los Angeles in a small plane with the gas gauge near empty, as I once experienced). Maybe we need not just gas, but a reserve tank. (Or jerry cans--memories of driving to Alaska on the Alcan.) An extension of built-in capacity. That would require special preparation.

The more I look at this, the more I realize I don't know what I am looking for. This parable has bothered me for a very long time, and it's only getting worse.

Green_Manalishi said:
If knowledge is the "oil", they didn't share the "oil" with the foolish. Should there be a point where knowledge should not be shared with others, in a kind of too late to wake up scenario perhaps?

If viewed in knowledge application, there will come a time that those that have it cannot share it because they have to apply it to themselves in order to survive?

Maybe it has to do with concepts like payment in a Gurgieffian sense, so it can't be really shared by others (and not in the sense that they shouldn't), but has to be done by a person himself.

‘Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.’ But the wise answered, saying, ‘No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.’

The same for knowledge, that has to be utilized and then generate energy/light on a personal level.

Laura said:
comes from utilization?
generates light.

If level of knowledge has to match the level of being in order to utilize it and become response-able, then sharing it won't do much good. It has to be the result of a personal effort and work. Like a muscle that has to be built in order to be able to carry something heavier or for a longer period of time. C's mentioned once that knowledge input has to be continuous. And maybe it also has to do with what C's once said about windows of opportunities. And making a wrong choice can lead a person on a different path or cause him to waste time and thus miss the window.

Thanks for the session everyone. Lots of food for thought. And what an interesting connection with the name!

It is noticeable that the Cassiopaeans cited two parables from the three that constitute chapter 25 of the gospel according to Matthiew (the Ten Virgins (torchbearers?), the talents, Sheep and Goats): _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_25
My superficial understanding of the parables of the talents and the ten virgins is about using knowledge wisely in order to "fructify" it and be more prepared as in a positive loop. It is interesting that in the parable of the ten virgins there is a door and a certain time for that door to be open. Maybe it is a re-adaptation of a more ancient story from the mystery schools?
In the parable of the sheep and goats there is also a separation that occurs and it is interesting to find the concept of theoxeny we encountered in the Odyssey.

Thanks Laura and all for sharing this session.

Q: (Belibaste) More negative. Okay. Can one individual, or several individuals, attract in a similar manner as this place, some cometary bodies?

A: Yes

Q: (Belibaste) Is it because their electric charge collectively or individually is modified?

A: Not only electric charge. In the realm from which some of these things are manifested or, better, "directed", information is king.

Q: (Belibaste) So if a group of individuals acquires, stores, information that is orthogonal to truth, i.e. lies, will this fact of acquiring information that is orthogonal to truth increase the attraction to meteorites or cometary bodies?

A: Yes

This makes sense, sadly. I wonder how the social unrest is associated with this, in the sense that, where people are starting to speak up/revolt there's probably less wishful thinking and lies believed on a large scale, even if the leaders are still psychopaths.

Q: (L) Which reminds me... I was reading in this book about Greek religion by Walter Burkert that the term "paean" was used to describe to the type of songs that were sung in the worship of the god Apollo in the most ancient times. And Apollo was supposedly the Hyperborean god, and if my suppositions are correct, was also the god that was worshipped at Stonehenge. Any connection there?

A: Indeed.

That's interesting, I searched the forum for anything else on Apollo and Stonehenge and found this from the February 19, 2000 session. (funny, that's my birthday)

Q: The legend was that the god, Phoebus Apollo, danced at Stonehenge every nineteen years. What does this relate to ?

A: Symbolic. Tides, moon eclipses, that sort of thing. Think of Wiccans entubed on the information superhighway!

Carlise said:
dugdeep said:
Also, this struck me as interesting:

Q: (L) We forgot to ask who's with us tonight!

A: Pronoia.

Q: (L) And where do you transmit from?

A: Cassiopaea.

[quote author=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pronoia_%28psychology%29]
Pronoia is a neologism that is defined as the opposite state of mind as paranoia: having the sense that there is a conspiracy that exists to help the person. It is also used to describe a philosophy that the world is set up to secretly benefit people.

The writer and Electronic Frontier Foundation co-founder John Perry Barlow defined pronoia as "the suspicion the Universe is a conspiracy on your behalf".[1] The academic journal "Social Problems" published an article entitled "Pronoia" by Fred H. Goldner in 1982 (vol 30, pp. 82–91). It received a good deal of publicity at the time including references to it in Psychology Today, The New York Daily News, The Wall Street Journal etc. It described a phenomenon that was the opposite from paranoia and provided numerous examples of specific persons who displayed such characteristics.
[...]
The opening paragraphs of the article describe "a new and contagious cultural virus" and refer to pronoia as "the sneaking feeling one has that others are conspiring behind your back to help you".

Possibly a subtle hint? There's also this from the session:
[quote author=C's]
You see, there are those who would seek to block or harm you, and those who stand guard in an energetic sense which is close to the limit of permitted assistance at this point, though that may change along with conditions.

Help is on the way?
[/quote]

Wow, that is a very interesting connection. It also seems to me to be a hint that the only way through this will be to trust in the Universe, and let go of the paranoia attitude of 3d thinking. A small dose of Pronoia often helps when making difficult or scary choices. "When you begin to separate limiting emotions based on assumptions from emotions that open one to unlimited possibilities, that means you are preparing for the next density."
[/quote]

Very interesting approach.
Also, Pronoia in greek is translated as :
- Divine Providence
- providence (planning ahead)
- prudence
- anticipation (intuition)
(_http://www.wordreference.com/gren/%CF%80%CF%81%CE%BF%CE%BD%CE%BF%CE%B9%CE%B1)

And defined as :
"The diligence existing in advance for covering needs/necessities or dealing with danger."
(_http://el.wiktionary.org/wiki/%CF%80%CF%81%CF%8C%CE%BD%CE%BF%CE%B9%CE%B1)
This link is in Greek but I'm adding it for reference, translation of the definition is mine.

So, I'm thinking Pronoia/Providence/Preparedness.. question list! Hmm :)

Maybe this mormon interpretation can shed some light on the ten virgins: "This was not selfishness or unkindness. The kind of oil that is needed to illuminate the way and light up the darkness is not shareable. How can one share obedience to the principle of tithing; a mind at peace from righteous living; an accumulation of knowledge? How can one share faith or testimony? How can one share attitudes or chastity.... Each must obtain that kind of oil for himself.... In the parable, oil can be purchased at the market. In our lives the oil of preparedness is accumulated drop by drop in righteous living. Fasting, family prayer (EE) control of bodily appetites (diet), preaching the gospel(network), studying the scriptures(QFGbook)-each act of dedication and obedience is a drop added to our store. Deeds of kindness, payment of offerings and tithes, chaste thoughts and actions, marriage in the covenant for eternity-these, too, contribute importantly to the oil with which we can at midnight refuel our exhausted lamps.

Laura said:
...I think to find the real "meat" of that matter, one would have to look further afield than a Judaic context. Probably in Anatolian or Greek ideas/customs since whatever is "Judaism" seems to have been born of Mesopotamian, Anatolian, and Greek influences...

In poking around some more -- and finding nothing -- one obvious thing jumps out at me. The job or role of the women in the parable may simply have been to light the way for the procession. Isn't that kind of like what we are doing here?

First of all, thank you dearly for the new session :D

Very interesting remarks in this through & through. The negative electric charge is insightful.

Sirius said:
Hello,

Thanks for the new session after 12/21. And the world remained. :P

A: Yes. But scientists have been blinded by being led by the blind!

Q: (L) Hmm. So you say, "Scientists have been blinded by being led by the blind." Do you mean that...

A: When science is used for killing they have lost their honor and their way. Remember the parable of the talents. The man who was afraid and hid and hoarded? Then when the master came he was cast into darkness with the weepers and wailers. Thus shall it be yet again.

Quite amazing statements. How true they are ...

Carlise said:
Spending a lot of time doing Uni work and other such things, when I'm pretty well convinced that the poop is about to hit the fan, feels like I'm living a total lie. Sometimes I think I should just drop out, learn some proper handy real life skills, and really get prepared for tough times and have something substantial to give to others. But then, despite the monotony of Uni and my job, they keep the money coming in. Enough to allow me good food, and books anyway, as well as both being opportunities for self Work.
But mastering difficult life situations is also a good way to gain some strength and experience which could play an important role in the future. A clever time schedule might help in your specific situation. Yes, I fully agree with you that money is important for having sufficient budgets for good and expensive food, living, things like books, you name it.

Studying science-related subjects currently, I find this a real shame...though I'm scarcely surprised. The man who was afraid & hid & hoarded...& thought he knew. But he didn't. Come time he came to some realisation, it was too late.

Apt statements indeed.

Also feel the same in regards to living a lie; spending so much time with studies or other tasks or undertakings. Where such is concerned, I come to think "Where you are is not important. Who you are & what you see is." I think Sirius raises a good point about them being a way to gain strength & experience :)

I have trouble being sure or putting my mind to anything sometimes, but what Megan & Keit wrote is intriguing imo:

You have to bring with you what you need to finish the trip and that you can't buy along the way, or you end up out of gas in the desert (or flying over thick clouds over Los Angeles in a small plane with the gas gauge near empty, as I once experienced). Maybe we need not just gas, but a reserve tank. (Or jerry cans--memories of driving to Alaska on the Alcan.) An extension of built-in capacity. That would require special preparation.

The more I look at this, the more I realize I don't know what I am looking for. This parable has bothered me for a very long time, and it's only getting worse.

Keit said:
Green_Manalishi said:
If knowledge is the "oil", they didn't share the "oil" with the foolish. Should there be a point where knowledge should not be shared with others, in a kind of too late to wake up scenario perhaps?

If viewed in knowledge application, there will come a time that those that have it cannot share it because they have to apply it to themselves in order to survive?

Maybe it has to do with concepts like payment in a Gurgieffian sense, so it can't be really shared by others (and not in the sense that they shouldn't), but has to be done by a person himself.

‘Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.’ But the wise answered, saying, ‘No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.’

The same for knowledge, that has to be utilized and then generate energy/light on a personal level.

Laura said:
comes from utilization?
generates light.

If level of knowledge has to match the level of being in order to utilize it and become response-able, then sharing it won't do much good. It has to be the result of a personal effort and work. Like a muscle that has to be built in order to be able to carry something heavier or for a longer period of time. C's mentioned once that knowledge input has to be continuous. And maybe it also has to do with what C's once said about windows of opportunities. And making a wrong choice can lead a person on a different path or cause him to waste time and thus miss the window.

"Knowledge being utilized then generating energy/light on a personal level."
In a sense, give someone all the knowledge that can be transmitted but if its not applied [by choice] when required, what use is it? Along those lines of thinking?

Carlise said:
Laura said:
Maybe ya'll can formulate some simple progressions of questions about what it really means to be "prepared"? I promise we'll do another very soon!!! It's just been hectic around here, one thing after another, and finally the taxes were all done after weeks of accounting data entry. So now, with the business out of the way, we can try to get back to normal, whatever that is. In short, another session soon, so let's get some good questions together about what "being prepared" really means. I have the feeling that it isn't what people usually think.

That sounds great, it's good to hear that stuff is out of the way :) . I have a few, though they could probably be framed more concisely.

Relating to the 'comets being attracted to high-density-lie areas' idea, would it be beneficial for us to move to a certain geographical area together, or at least do this locally, forming lie free zones?.

How are we to survive the rampant psychopathy in this world that has obviously chosen it's own path to oblivion? Will we have to defend ourselves physically? Should we be basically be prepared to die?

Is the approach of the wave going to change our experience of reality, so that, basically, our acceptance of Truth or Lies is much more important than worrying about matters such as food?
P
Will we have an opportunity to help others here, or are we basically trying to prepare an Ark and get the hell out of here, leaving the population to their chosen lessons?

Does being prepared mean to have acquired esoteric knowledge? (Fairly broad).

Should we be prepared not only with knowledge but also with stockpiling canned goods, if so how much of a stockpile would be adequate?

As mentioned above, would moving together with those who actively participate in this forum be conducive for preparedness of what the near future holds?

I've also found a relevant quote from Joseph Campbell "Hero of a thousand faces" regarding marriage; " The mystical marriage with the goddess of the world (virgins?) repesents the hero's mastery of life; for the woman is life, the hero it's knower and master. Also, Every failure to cope with a life situation must be laid in the end to a restriction of consciousness. Wars and temper tantrums are makeshifts of ignorance and regrets are illuminations come too late. The crux of the difficulty lies in the fact that our conscious views of what life ought to be seldom correspond to what life really is." Taking into account the shortsighted foolish virgins, maybe they restricted their consciousness by believing they were prepared. I also see something in the bridegroom not knowing the foolish virgins in that maybe they represent someone who is asleep or the little "i"s.

Back
Top Bottom