Session 23 March 2013

Thanks to ajseph 21, Zadius Sky, dant and other contributors for this list. I printed the pdf and will read it frequently. Great reminders of why we do the Work and the tasks ahead of us.

Inspirational Indeed.

Mac

Maybe we should format it as a little booklet and print copies that fit in the pocket?

Well said Mac!!! many thanks to you all, it is inspirational and very timely!

As Laura said "Question is: if everyone took those points and pondered them, how would they rate themselves on a scale of 1 to 10 in "performance"?

I have printed the list and aim to review it daily. By pondering and objectively rating the points, I hope to see more clearly how I can 'be prepared'.

A pocket sized booklet version is a great idea Laura.

Laura said:
Maybe we should format it as a little booklet and print copies that fit in the pocket?
Hmmm... That reminds me of zines:

_https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zine

_http://www.utne.com/media/how-to-make-your-own-zine.aspx

Yes another Thank you Ajseph 21, Zadius Sky particularly and to everyone else involved here for this Great summary and reminder, So useful and timely :)
Just to add something personal, it's VERY comforting and heartwarming for us here to have the chance to take advantage of all this "food" shared, regardless of our obvious differences...

Laura said:

I just attached a Word '07 using a booklet format. All one have to do is to print it out using both sides of the paper approaches.

It's pretty simple touch and go - anyone using Microsoft Word 2007 can adjust this booklet to their likings. :cool2:

Of course, it's hard to do with the hyperlink embeds.

Attachments

• Cassiopaeans_The Work Summary.docx
    33 KB · Views: 55
Don Diego said:
Yes another Thank you Ajseph 21, Zadius Sky particularly and to everyone else involved here for this Great summary and reminder, So useful and timely :)

I second that; thank you very much to all who took time to put all this points together, great summary as others have said :cool2: :clap: :thup: :headbanger:

A little booklet is a great idea!! :lol:
Also I wonder if do the writing exercises suggested in the Redirect thread could be added at point (8)

Well, if we add in the text from the hyperlinks as appendices, and a few more touches, it will be a small book by the QFG discussion forum at Cass.org! I'll send it for professional formatting, we can offer it on amazon (they'll print to specs). How does that sound?

Laura said:
Well, if we add in the text from the hyperlinks as appendices, and a few more touches, it will be a small book by the QFG discussion forum at Cass.org! I'll send it for professional formatting, we can offer it on amazon (they'll print to specs). How does that sound?

Pretty good actually! go for it :)

irjO said:
Laura said:

Okay, ya'll get it the way you want it. Maybe add some pages with a personal checklist or whatever, and we'll get it done.

Laura said:
Excellent summary, ajseph 21. Question is: if everyone took those points and pondered them, how would they rate themselves on a scale of 1 to 10 in "performance"?

Rating our 'performance' can be deceiving, if we use that to emotionally beat ourselves forward. I think 'balance' is an important concept to keep in our back pockets. A lot of musicians I know ride themselves to pain, by their own drive for perfection. The most interesting ones come to an understanding with themselves, gather knowledge at whatever rate they can and then get out of their own way and let Nature and it's muses take their course. What muses you allow to channel, is of course about how conscious you want to be about that.

Being diligent and attempting to be as focused as you can be, is more what gets you to an ongoing state of awareness and some semblance of excellence. You can't judge your own excellence. It closes the flow of things. We're dealing with things here that are much like music---or maybe they are music in terms of universal vibration and frequencies. These things don't have an end. We're talking about the infinite.

Tell me if you think I'm wrong, but I feel that facing the right direction, having the intent to succeed and doing whatever it is that you can at any time, is the right thing to do. And then, be alright with your actions.

I see a lot of folks on the forum holding themselves to some kind of standard, where anything less then full and total realization should be considered failure, as if there is a 'normal' anything going on here. Even the Cs aren't fully realized, or they'd be floating around in 7D, no?

We should choose the direction of our destiny and then go towards it every day. No need to feel guilt ridden, but rather walk steadily toward that direction, step by step, monitoring ourselves as well, as we're capable---and enjoy the opportunity that we have been given to be taking these actions, in the first place.

After all of that, I do think a master list, as being discussed here, which could additionally be available as a PDF, would be a good resource for all of us to consider looking at when we need to refine our routines and refresh our juices.

Perhaps the book could include a perforated page to be torn out and used to make the pocket-sized booklet?

Ghostdoghaiku said:
Laura said:
Excellent summary, ajseph 21. Question is: if everyone took those points and pondered them, how would they rate themselves on a scale of 1 to 10 in "performance"?
Being diligent and attempting to be as focused as you can be, is more what gets you to an ongoing state of awareness and some semblance of excellence. You can't judge your own excellence. It closes the flow of things. We're dealing with things here that are much like music---or maybe they are music in terms of universal vibration and frequencies. These things don't have an end. We're talking about the infinite.

Have you read the psychology books dealing with the adaptive unconscious? These books provide information that can elucidate the process without falling back on buzzwords like "the infinite" which are poorly understood and usually unhelpful.

I think it has to do with separating limiting emotions from limitless ones (paraphrasing the C's). The "flow" you speak of is probably the state of mind lacking anticipation and therefore able to apply nonlinear thought/problem solving without the hindrance of the limiting emotions associated with the adaptive unconscious.

At the same time "flow" might mean a state where you are constantly lying to yourself, believing that you are doing something meaningful when you are really spinning your wheels.

Rating your "performance" isn't about limiting yourself to a standard. It is about looking over the list and seeing how you could be doing better at what you are already doing. Someone who is already trying to apply these principles will be glad that they have something to remind them (alarm clocks a la 4th Way) to keep them from falling asleep.

Laura said:
irjO said:
Laura said:

Okay, ya'll get it the way you want it. Maybe add some pages with a personal checklist or whatever, and we'll get it done.

I can work on cleaning up the existing text. Whatever you all want to include as appendices, just post here.

Back
Top Bottom