Author Topic: Comet Research Group  (Read 1167 times)

Online Altair

• Ambassador
Comet Research Group
« on: January 07, 2017, 11:21:23 AM »
Today on Graham Hancock's website I stumbled upon a banner "Comet Research Group". It's a "non-profit 501c(3) charitable organization funding research into the proposed Younger Dryas Event 12,900 years ago" which consists of 63 scientists from 55 universities in 16 countries. (_http://cometresearchgroup.org/scientists-members/)

Among them is also Dr. Richard Firestone (Co-Founder, Co-Author). They offer some very interesting papers and presentations (_http://cometresearchgroup.org/publications/). I can't find when it was founded but their first FB (_https://www.facebook.com/thecometresearchgroup/) post is from 15 August 2016.

Here is some introductory information: _http://cometresearchgroup.org/comets-diamonds-mammoths.

Introductory video:

https://youtu.be/sYGpd-HSGHM

Their last blog post:

NASA forecasts that Planet Earth could possibly get hit by a skyscraper-sized asteroid named Bennu, resulting in the creation of a five-mile-wide crater. The Comet Research Group is looking for funding support to accurately assess the effects of such impacts, and provide information that may help avert similar situations in the near future.

Raleigh, United States 2nd November, 2016

It is extremely disturbing to know that Earth is directly in the path of about 500,000 asteroids and comets. Unfortunately, NASA and other space agencies don’t know the location of 498,000 of them! Yet, these killer comets are capable of causing explosions far worse than the world’s largest atomic bombs. Chelyabinsk, a small city in Russia, experienced such as incident in 2013 that seriously injured around fifteen hundred people. NASA warns that an asteroid named Bennu may hit Earth within a few decades. If so, the impact would be powerful enough to destroy any one of the world’s largest cities.

The Comet Research Group is a non-profit organization collaborating more than 60 scientists from sixteen countries all over the world. The discoveries made by the group members have been featured on the History Channel, National Geographic Channel, Discovery Channel, PBS’s NOVA, and many other television channels and programs. The group’s mission is to

Accurately assess the hidden effects of comet impacts on human history

Educate the international public about these effects

Provide governments with the necessary information to stop future comets from hitting Earth.

One of the upcoming projects from the Comet Research Group is the “Sunken Crater Expedition.” This is an initiative to explore a recently discovered offshore crater in the Gulf of St. Lawrence, just south of Quebec, Canada. According to some scientists, this crater was created 12,800 years ago by a massive comet swarm that pushed millions of mammoths into extinction. To figure out what actually happened at the site, the Comet Research Group plans to collect melted rocks, including tiny diamonds.

The Comet Research Group has just launched an Indiegogo campaign to raise $139,500. All funds received from Indiegogo will be spent directly on research
, including expenses for travel and for the laboratory research on the samples. In addition to the “Sunken Crater Expedition,” proceeds from the campaign will also support the Comet Research Group’s “Diamonds on Ice Expedition” to Greenland, “Fire from the Sky Expedition” to the Middle East, and the “Burned Badlands Expedition” to North Dakota. 

Unable to get government funding after repeated attempts, the Comment Research Group is appealing for mass support to combat the danger of killer comets. A group spokesperson recently warned, “The chilling news is that Earth is now in a centuries-long episode of increasing bombardments by the shattered remains of a giant comet, one that has hit us again and again for thousands of years. We need to be much better prepared, and you can help us.”

To find out more about this campaign, please visit _http://bit.ly/killercomet

The website of the Comet Research Group is _http://cometresearchgroup.org/

About the Comet Research Group: this is a non-profit corporation that collaborates with 63 scientists from 55 universities in 16 countries. Their discoveries have been featured on the History Channel, National Geographic Channel, Discovery Channel, PBS’s NOVA, and more than a dozen other TV programs. Their mission is to accurately assess the effects of comet impacts on human history, to educate the international public about these effects, and, ultimately, to provide world governments with the information they need to stop comets from hitting Earth in the future.

Source: _http://cometresearchgroup.org/news/comet-research-group-seeks-indiegogo-funding-help-protect-cities-around-world-killer-comets/

Muddling the waters or a sincere attempt to investigate the issue?
Overhead the albatross
Hangs motionless upon the air
And deep beneath the rolling waves
In labyrinths of coral caves
An echo of a distant time
Comes willowing across the sand
And everything is green and submarine.

And no one called us to the land
And no one knows the where's or why's.
Something stirs and something tries
Starts to climb toward the light.

Offline Pashalis

• Ambassador
Re: Comet Research Group
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 11:35:16 AM »
I've looked into it and it seems it was started only recently in September last year and is essentially an educational program directed at the public, in which 63 top scientist around the world are involved, about the dangers of comet impacts and how they shaped our past and likely will shape our future.

Very intersing stuff!

Papers from those scientist are also published there and for example this little educational piece in PDF form:
http://cometresearchgroup.org/comets-diamonds-mammoths/#impact-overview

PS: I'm wondering if the initiator/founder of that group, was the one that brought all those scienits together, or if the scientist themselves decided to start that group? As I understand it, "National Geographic" and the like, are part of the group or maybe the inniciators of it, which begs the question, if it is somehow an attempt to muddy the waters by containing those scientist and/or presenting the publlic with "twisted information"?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 11:43:12 AM by Pashalis »

Offline Nienna

• SuperModerator
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 01:21:02 PM »
PS: I'm wondering if the initiator/founder of that group, was the one that brought all those scienits together, or if the scientist themselves decided to start that group? As I understand it, "National Geographic" and the like, are part of the group or maybe the inniciators of it, which begs the question, if it is somehow an attempt to muddy the waters by containing those scientist and/or presenting the publlic with "twisted information"?

I don't know if some may try to twist the information, but two of the co-authors/co-founders, Richard Firestone and Allen West, co-authored (along with Simon Warwick-Smith) the book, The Cycle of Cosmic Catastrophes.  Quite a few of the things said in the video are what is in the book.  So I'm hoping that Firestone and West will be able to keep a rein on anyone who is trying to twist the information.  Not an easy thing to do, but I've read a few other scientists' articles that are/were trying to say that comets causing catastrophes is all bunk so I think that Firestone and West are familiar with this type of thing and know what to look for.  Maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part, though.
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire

Every time you say "yes" to someone who doesn't deserve it, and go against Yourself and what you value the most, you kill a small part of your essence. ~ LKJ

Our greatest illusion is to believe that we are what we think ourselves to be.  ~ Henri Frederic Amiel

Online liffy

• Jedi
    • My music
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 01:27:47 PM »
So I'm hoping that Firestone and West will be able to keep a rein on anyone who is trying to twist the information.  Not an easy thing to do, but I've read a few other scientists' articles that are/were trying to say that comets causing catastrophes is all bunk so I think that Firestone and West are familiar with this type of thing and know what to look for.  Maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part, though.

If Hancock's description of the struggles of Firestone and West in his most recent book are truthful, which I assume they are, it seems that they are quite aware of what they are up against, given that they have been working with their hypotheses for quite a while, and met resistance. I guess that this initiative is their attempt to counteract the large amount of scientists claiming that comets are not a big deal, and spread what they have learnt through their research.
The objective is to obtain objectivity but as a subject I'm subject to subjectivity...

Online c.a.

• The Living Force
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 01:56:42 PM »
The Comet Research Group is a non-profit organization collaborating more than 60 scientists from sixteen countries all over the world. The discoveries made by the group members have been featured on the History Channel, National Geographic Channel, Discovery Channel, PBS’s NOVA, and many other television channels and programs. The group’s mission is to

History Channel, National Geographic Channel, Discovery Channel, PBS’s NOVA are not about truth. These site's are funnel's of what is dictated too them by the PTB.

There will be no announcement of incoming rouge asteroids, until it becomes so obvious and it can not be denied.

These channels, are for entertainment manipulation, and for profiting from said advertisers. Fear sells. IMO  :cool2:

Jan 7, 2017

https://youtu.be/mnOJRnlRcuo

C's Groups of people represent energy portals in cosmic rather than global terms. Light warriors are "connectors"
on a cosmic level. Transducers of energy of transitions of your sector of space and time rather like capacitors.  Now, all of you have value far beyond your own understanding to this point. It would be wise to remember this and be cautious. Go from this point with joy in the knowledge and ...defend it. Session: 020731

"He marched endlessly, ate simple foods, slept outside, and endured every hardship. In this way, he strengthened his body against illness".
Julius Caesar 7-12 3-15

Offline Pashalis

• Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 02:00:07 PM »
Do you guys think it would be wortwhile to support them financially? Although their goal "of preventing it through their research" seems to be pretty much in vain, I think it could at least provide them with more research funds, to study that subject and discover crucial knowledge. Which is a pretty good thing IMO.

The only way I can see that any kind of prevention could work, to at least scale down the damage, or be less impacted by it, is by reading Earth Changes and the Human-Cosmic Connection and applying that knowledge in larger numbers.

Offline Pashalis

• Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 02:05:03 PM »

History Channel, National Geographic Channel, Discovery Channel, PBS’s NOVA are not about truth. These site's are funnel's of what is dictated too them by the PTB.

There will be no announcement of incoming rouge asteroids, until it becomes so obvious and it can not be denied.

These channels, are for entertainment manipulation, and for profiting from said advertisers. Fear sells. IMO  :cool2:

Jan 7, 2017

https://youtu.be/mnOJRnlRcuo

Well, I don't think it is all that black and white. The only connection I can see from the "Comet Research Group", to those channels, is that some of their scientific discoveries (which means, some of the papers from those 63 scientists, that are part of the group) have been mentioned or used by those channells. Doesn't mean the peeps from "Comet Research Group" are not serious and scientific and try to do their best from their point of view.