Our new rescue dog.

ClaudiaYG

Jedi
FOTCM Member
A week ago my husband and I adopted a dog. Her name is "Bellota" in Spanish and I think in English it is "Acorn", I do not know what is her age exactly but the Veterinary said between 1.5 to 2 years old. We found her in a campaign of adoption last December and the people who manage the campaign has some requirement like they have an application form and we need to fill and sign, then they schedule a visit in our home to see where we live and If it is a good place for the dog and If they said yes the dog is yours, we have to pay a donative. Well we did all this on December and we agreed to schedule on January because the holidays came.
When we return for our holidays I call them to continue with visit, they told me that the dog it is not available for adoption anymore because the woman who was care of the dog doesn't want to give her anymore. I feel very sad but I can not do anything so we decide to continue the search for a dog in other place. We visited an other dog's shelter and walking dogs on sundays and one sunday I said to my husband let's go to a campain that I saw on facebook and see if there is a dog for us. The campain it was in the same place that we found "Bellota" on December. We saw a dog very similar to "Bellota" and I came close to saw her and I found that it was "Bellota" again. My heart beats very fast I felt very happy. I felt like my inner child was very happy too. I said to the woman that on December we did all the steps to adopted her. She told me that she doesn't help anymore with the other campain and they had problems between them and she separate. We did again all the steps and finally she is with us. We took her to the Vet for a bath and revision and the Vet told us that bellota has a heart murmur and she needs a sonogram to see if it is serious the appointment it is next Saturday. The woman who gave us "Bellota" didn't know and she offers to pay the sonogram.
I felt sad, worried and I think Why we adopted a sick dog? It is a something that we need to learn? or It is our energy? I have a autoimmune disease and my first taught was it is not enough with me. Now I feel calm and waiting the sonogram. We are enjoy the company, walking with her, teaching her.
I put some picture!

Attachments

• bellota.jpg
    bellota.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 185
  • bellota sleeping.jpg
    bellota sleeping.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 185
Hi ClaudiaYG, well congratulations on being able to have Bellota officially as yours- she is adorable! As for what the Vet said, I am just as skeptical of Vets as I am the Medical Mafia. Not that I am suggesting your Vet is in just for the money, but...Seeing as you are going ahead with the sonogram, well let's see what comes back- hopefully Bellota is fine. Not knowing what her history was, its hard to say whether she is indeed sick. My first instinct would be to just shower the little pooch with love and gentleness, get it used to its new surroundings. Good luck Claudia, I wish you all the very best.

Congrats ClaudiaYG! She is totally adorable and I wish you both the best! Like Arwenn I too am a little skeptical of some Vets. It took me a while to find a good one and even though she is mostly mainstream she doesn't give me a hard time about vaccinations and such. I hope the murmur turns out to be nothing of concern. Your story reminds me of how we found our little pooch and if there's one thing that it's taught me it's that if you want something bad enough the universe will find a way to give it to you. As it turns out I've also learned some good lessons from having him so maybe Bellota will have something in store for you too. :)

Bellota is lovely, ClaudiaYG. She looks like she will become a big part of your lives. Don't get to startled by the preliminary diagnosis too, you will find the right Vet and a good diet for her in time. You've likely noticed a number of threads here on the forum that deal with our furry friends; lots of good advice contained with in those threads from some people who work in the field or from people who are linked in articles and video. Also, once a week SoTT has the Health & Wellness show, often with a veterinarian perspective at the end.

Have fun with her!

Bellota is such a cutie ClaudiaYG! Hopefully her health turns out OK despite the initial diagnosis. You're giving a loving home to an adorable doggy who might have already gone through a fair share of unhappiness during it's short life - and that's pretty awesome. Like others have said, there is a lot of info about our 2D friends on here that is likely to be useful for you going forward.

She looks so calm and peaceful in the photos, enjoy your time with her!! :love:

Bellota looks nice and relaxed. Try not to worry too much about the vets comments it may well turn out to be nothing. It seems you were meant for each other. Good luck and enjoy the companionship Bellota will surely bring to your life.

The destiny of Bellota was to be with your family! congratulations. She is very beautiful. Me too I agree that some vets are just there to make money... I had some experience with that. Wait and if the result is positive try another vet, are you in Spain? There is also homeopathy for dogs.

For now just enjoy Bellota, give her love and security... She needs it. But dogs just need love because they are just love. And don't forget to give us news about how Bellota is doing!

ClaudiaYG said:
We took her to the Vet for a bath and revision and the Vet told us that bellota has a heart murmur and she needs a sonogram to see if it is serious the appointment it is next Saturday. The woman who gave us "Bellota" didn't know and she offers to pay the sonogram.
I felt sad, worried and I think Why we adopted a sick dog? It is a something that we need to learn? or It is our energy? I have a autoimmune disease and my first taught was it is not enough with me. Now I feel calm and waiting the sonogram. We are enjoy the company, walking with her, teaching her.

Congratulations on adopting Bellota! She is a cutie. :love:

As for the diagnosis of a heart murmur, of course it is best to wait for the sonogram to know for sure, but it is surely not the end of the world or the case of a possible negligence by the veterinarian. Unfortunately, heart murmurs are a common occurrence, including in small breed dogs, even mixed ones if they partially received genes from breeds with such a predisposition. Unfortunately, it is also not something that can be cured by a proper diet. We are talking about functional changes in the structure of the heart. But proper diet surely can help in providing your dog with better and longer life, even with such a condition.

Bottom line is, personally I don't see any reason for you to feel sad. Bellota looks like a great dog, and she can provide you with a lot of joy despite her having a possible heart problem. Just make sure to give her a lot of love, and if the diagnosis will be confirmed, ask your veterinarian what would be the best way to handle this. Because if it is a heart murmur, your dog may need to avoid heavy exercise or rapid changes in the outside temperature, etc.

I'm so glad you found each other again! Many dogs have heart murmurs (as do humans) and it's not the end of the world. Take care of each other!

Congrats ClaudiaYG! Dog's are a great joy to have in the home. They're also a little like children in that they require a lot of responsibility and attention. I wouldn't worry too much about the heart condition until you have more information. Just spend the time getting familiar with each other and training her up with basic commands. You can find a lot of videos on youtube and it's a great way to bond with your new furry pet.

Cheers & Good Luck!

Congrats on your new pet Bellota ClaudiaYG and thanks for sharing your story. I hope everything turns out well with her health issue. :flowers:

Congratulations, ClaudiaYG on your new addition to your family. She is absolutely adorable! :love: I can't help wondering if the reason she finally came to you as your companion is because the Universe knows that she can get the love and support that she needs with you? That doesn't mean that you have to spend lots of money on her, but just be there for her, make her as comfortable as possible, try to feed her as close to a natural diet as possible and show her how much you love her.

Thank you all for your wishes.
Last Saturday Bellota had the echocardiogram and the Vet said that is a Innocent Heart Murmur. I am feel more calm about it and I am sure she is going to improve with a good food and I read that ubiquinol (the reduced form of CoQ10) it is good for this condition. Right now I put some Bach Flower in the water for emotional purpose.

ClaudiaYG said:
Last Saturday Bellota had the echocardiogram and the Vet said that is a Innocent Heart Murmur.

That's a good outcome for your Bellota! She will surly give you much joy as you will for her!

ClaudiaYG said:
Thank you all for your wishes.
Last Saturday Bellota had the echocardiogram and the Vet said that is a Innocent Heart Murmur. I am feel more calm about it and I am sure she is going to improve with a good food and I read that ubiquinol (the reduced form of CoQ10) it is good for this condition. Right now I put some Bach Flower in the water for emotional purpose.
Good to hear that murmur is not a issue. Congratulations ClaudiaYG for the dog of your heart and have fun!. :)

Back
Top Bottom