Vitali Churkin, Russian ambassador to the UN suddenly dies in NY

Whether they are deliberately targeted or 'just unfortunate', I think these tragedies, taken together, are part of the cross Russia has to bear for challenging 'the Beast'.

Andrei Karlov - Turkey, December 20, 2016 (62)
Peter Polishkov - Russia, December 20, 2016 (56)
Andrey Malanin - Athens, Jan 6, 2017 (55)
Alexander Kadakin - January 26, 2017 (67) http://zeenews.india.com/world/russian-ambassador-to-india-alexander-kadakin-passes-away_1970773.html
Vitaly Churkin, USA, February 20, 2017 (64)

FOUL PLAY? Four Dead Russian Diplomats in Three Months
http://21stcenturywire.com/2017/02/21/foul-play-four-dead-russian-diplomats-in-three-months/

Adam Garrie
The Duran

Russia’s long time ambassador to the UN has died suddenly in New York – this is the fourth Russian diplomat who has died in the last 3 months. Vitaly Churkin was one of the wisest voices in international diplomacy. His voice will no longer echo in the halls of the United Nations. Articulate, polite yet commanding, wise yet affable, he oversaw some of Russia’s and the world’s most important events in a position he occupied since 2006.

Churkin had to face a great deal of hostile criticism from both the Bush and Obama administrations during his time at the UN, but he always did so with grace. He never failed to explain the Russian position with the utmost clarity.

Standing next to some of his colleagues, he often looked like a titan in a room full of school children.

His death, a day before his 65th birthday, is a tragedy first and foremost for his family, friends and colleagues. It is also a deeply sad day for the cause of justice, international law and all of the principles of the UN Charter which Churkin admirably upheld in the face of great obstacles.

His death however raises many uncomfortable questions…

Here are 5 things that must be considered:

1. A Macabre Pattern Has Emerged

Beginning in 2015, there were several deaths within the Russian Diplomatic corps and a special Russian Presidential adviser.

LESIN

First there was Russia’s RT founder and special adviser to President Putin, Mikhail Lesin. He died in November of 2015 in his hotel room. Reports said that he appeared discombobulated during his last sighting before he died. Later it emerged that he died of a blunt head trauma. Drinking was blamed, but many questions were left unanswered.

MALANIN

Earlier last month, Andrei Malanin, a Senior Russian Diplomat to Greece was found dead in his bathroom. The causes of death remain unknown.

KADAKIN

Just last month, Russia’s Ambassador to India, Alexander Kadakin, an always prestigious role, died of a heart attack, although no one was aware of any previous health issues.

KARLOV

In December of last year Russia’s Ambassador to Turkey was assassinated by a lone jihadi gunmen in an art gallery. There was no effective security as the killer simply walked up to Ambassador Andrei Karlov and shot him multiple times in the back.

CHURKIN

Vitaly Chirkin is the highest profile member of Russia’s diplomatic corps to die in recent years.

2. A Motive For Foul Play?

Each of the recently deceased Russian Ambassadors were high profile targets for miscreants and criminals, whether state actors, mercenaries or fanatics.

Lesin was a instrumental in the creation of RT, a news outlet which has come under constant attack from the western establishment.

Malanin had overseen a period of warming fraternal relations between Greece and Russia at a time when Greece is feeling increasingly alienated from both the EU and NATO.

Karlov is said to be responsible for helping to facilitate the rapprochement between Presidents Erdogan and Putin.

Kadakin oversaw a period of renewed tensions between India and Pakistan at a time when Russia was trying to continue its good relations with India whilst building good relations with Pakistan.

On the 31st of December, 2016, Churkin’s resolution on a ceasefire in Syria passed in the UN Security Council after months of deadlock. The resolution is still in force.

Anyone who wanted to derail the diplomatic successes that the aforementioned men achieved for Russia would have a clear motive to extract vengeance.

3. Who Stands To Gain?

In the matter of Karlov, any derailment of restored Russo-Turkish relations would be good for those happy for Turkey to continue her support of jihadists in Syria rather than moving towards accepting a Russian and indeed Iranian brokered peace process which respects the sovereignty of Syria as Russia and Iran always have, but Turkey has not.

In the case of Lesin, anyone wanting ‘vengeance’ for RT’s popularity would be able to say that a kind of former media boss was taken down.

For Malanin, many fear that if ‘Grexit’ happens, Russia will become an increasingly important partner for Greece. The EU would not like one of its vassal states enjoying fruitful relations with Russia, a country still under sanctions from Brussels.

For Kadakin, it is a matter of interest for those wanting Pakistan to continue favouring western powers and not wanting Russia to be able to mediate in conflict resolutions between New Delhi and Islamabad.

Churkin had come to dominate the UN in ways that his counterparts on the Security Council simply could not. No one really stood a chance in a debate with Churkin. His absence leaves open the possibility for a power vacuum that would makes other peoples’ jobs easier.

4. Where The Deaths Took Place

Each death took place on foreign soil. Mr. Karlov’s killing in particular, exposed the weakness of his security contingent. If security was that weak in a comparatively volatile place like Turkey, it goes without saying that security in states considered more politically stable would be even more lax.

Again it must be said that a non-biased detective might say that the only pattern which has emerged is that many people in the Russian diplomatic corps and related institutions have heart attacks. Maybe they eat fatty foods every day and drink and smoke too much. But if this was this case, why are the heart attacks all on foreign soil?

If all of the former Ambassadors except Karlov were really in bad health, is it really just a coincidence that none of these men had a health scare on Russian soil? Again, a pattern has emerged.

5. The Ethics of Speculation?

Many will say that it is too early to suspect foul play. Indeed, I must make it clear that this is simply speculation based on a pattern of tragic and at times unexplained events, combined with the objective reality that because of Russia’s recently elevated profile as a born-again geopolitical superpower, Russia is a bigger target for international criminals than it was in the broken 1990s or the more quiet early 2000s.

When such events happen, one’s duty is to speculate so that better health and safety precautions are taken to ensure the wellbeing of Russia’s important diplomats. Furthermore, if foul play is a factor, it means that such seemingly unrelated events must be investigated more thoroughly.

Russia has historically suffered from invasion, revolution and more recently from immense international pressure. The Russian people, like Russia’s ambassadors are entitled to the peace and long lives deserved by any member of a country that has suffered for too long.

Moscow says that four Russian military advisors were killed by a radio controlled bomb in Syria on Thursday. But there's more to this story that isn't being reported.

A Bomb Killed 4 Russian Soldiers in Syria. But We're Not Being Told the Full Story. Why?
http://russia-insider.com/en/bomb-killed-4-russian-soldiers-syria-were-not-being-told-full-story-why/ri18993

We were saddened and angered to learn that "four Russian servicemen were killed in Syria on February 16, when a radio controlled bomb targeting a Syrian military convoy exploded."

Two other Russian soldiers were wounded in the blast. Here's what RT reports:

The vehicle had been part of a Syrian Army convoy traveling to the city of Homs from the Tiyas airfield in central Syria’s Homs Province.

Russian military advisers were in the car when it blew up, according to the ministry’s statement.

When the vehicle was some four kilometers (2.5 miles) from the airfield, a radio-controlled improvised explosive device (RCIED) went off under the vehicle, the ministry said.

We don't think we're getting the full story, though.

This incident took place (allegedly) on Thursday, February 16. That's four days ago. Why did it take so long to report these casualties? And did any terrorist group claim responsibility? As far as we can tell: No.

And yet, ISIS was more than happy to claim responsibility for a bombing that happened on the same day in Baghdad:

Sunni terrorists dream of killing Russian special forces or military advisers. Why would any militia or terrorist group in Syria execute a successful operation like this, and then not immediately claim responsibility? And again, as far as we know, we're still waiting for someone — anyone — to say they were responsible for the attack.

Please correct us if you think we're being unreasonable, but doesn't this seem odd to you? The Russians might consider the deaths of these soldiers a state secret — but we're positive ISIS wouldn't.

Our second point is a bit more nuanced. But we still think it's an interesting coincidence: February 16 was the same day that Sergei Lavrov met with Rex Tillerson for the first time in Germany.

According to Bloomberg, it was an "awkward first encounter":

Protocol dictates the two would shake hands, exchange platitudes in front of the clicking cameras, and perhaps take an impromptu question before retiring for a private chat. Russia’s Sergei Lavrov began: “Mr. Secretary of State, I thank you for this opportunity to have the first contact after you have assumed the office and I would like to congratulate you once again for that.”

As Tillerson began to speak, journalists got a swift signal to exit the room. The episode irked Lavrov, who openly wondered why U.S. aides pushed out Russian and American reporters without allowing them to listen to the rest of the opening remarks.
“Why did you shush them out?” Lavrov said.

Here's the thing: We are not arguing that Tillerson was acting awkward because he had some sort of prior knowledge about a bomb attack against Russian soldiers in Syria. He's new to the job and doesn't know how to act like a diplomat.

But isn't it interesting that Lavrov seemed almost frustrated that Tillerson wasn't being more cordial? Lavrov has previously slammed the U.S. for "coincidental" coordination with ISIS. If Lavrov knew about this bomb attack before going into the meeting, we don't think he would have been in such good spirits. We imagine he would have immediately "shushed" out the press, and given Tillerson an ear-full.

The problem is that we don't know exactly at what time this bomb attack happened. So it's also perfectly possible that the attacked occurred after Tillerson and Lavrov had finished their meeting in Bonn.

And of course, we suppose it's possible that Lavrov wasn't informed about the attack until much later.

Our third point is about the location of the attack: Tiyas airfield is west of Palmyra. Is it possible that Russian special forces, who are helping to lead the fresh offensive on the ancient city, are being specifically targeted? And if so, again, why did no one take responsibility for such a well-executed attack? And who benefits, aside from ISIS, if Russian special forces are killed while coordinating an attack on Palmyra?

The whole thing smells fishy.

1. Why did it take four days for the Russian MoD to tell us that four Russian military advisors had died in Syria?

2. Why did no one claim responsibility for the attack?

3. Can we deduce anything from the meeting between Lavrov and Tillerson? (We admit this is our least compelling question. But still.)

4. What does the location (and timing) of the attack tell us?

We will of course patiently wait for more information as it becomes available. But for now, we think there's a lot more to this story than we're being told.

Four Russians killed in a perfectly timed, well-executed attack just a few kilometers from a Syrian airbase, but no one takes responsibility? Was this a terrorist attack — or a message? Cui bono?

Niall said:
Whether they are deliberately targeted or 'just unfortunate', I think these tragedies, taken together, are part of the cross Russia has to bear for challenging 'the Beast'.

I was just thinking this. I remember also reading yesterday about Russian soldiers having died in Syria due to a bomb that exploded next to their car as it was diving by.

They've become the target of the warth of the empire.

The Most Dangerous War Returns, The Cold War, 6 Russian Diplomats Killed In Two Months
http://novorossia.today/dangerous-war-returns-cold-war-6-russian-diplomats-killed-two-months/

Today, suddenly died Russia’s permanent representative to the UN Vitaly Churkin. He was only 64 year. Churkin was bright opponent of representatives of Western countries in a series of serious discussions at the United Nations. Since it could not agree. But the fact remains – Churkin opposed the Western colleagues regularly and often rather sarcastically. And now it is not. The diplomat died on the job. Now let us remember the other tragic incidents that happened with Russian diplomats over the past two months/

Six Russian diplomats were killed in two months

So on December 19 last year in Turkey was shot dead by Russian Ambassador Andrei Karlov. He was 62 year. The next day, in Moscow we found the body of a former employee of the Russian Foreign Ministry, the head of the Latin American Office of the Department. He committed suicide. On December 27, Kazakhstan, found the body of a Russian diplomat, an employee of the Consulate General, Roman Skrylnikov. The body was found in a rented apartment in Ust-Kamenogorsk. Experts found no signs of violent death. Three deaths thus occurred in just one week.

This year, frightening trend continued. January 9 in Athens, was found dead 55-year-old Russian consul in Greece. Andrew Malanin was found dead in an apartment located in an old building of the Russian Embassy. According to preliminary estimates, the death was probably due to pathological causes (possibly heart disease). on January 14 in Yemen, as reported by the media, he was shot and killed the ambassador of Russia. The Foreign Ministry, however, refuted the information. But when on January 26 in India died Russian Ambassador Alexander Kadakin, it was already obvious fact. Interestingly, the cause of death was “a brief illness.” The ambassador was 67 years old. Now the sudden death Churkin …

Summarize. Of the seven reports of the death of one of the Russian diplomats it was refuted by the Foreign Ministry over the past two months. In other cases, the fact of death is confirmed. Two people were shot, one killed himself. Three more (including Churkin) died suddenly. Moreover, the exact cause has not been named. Against the background of Russian and Western media war a series of deaths of our diplomats looks extremely unpleasant.

Alejo said:
Niall said:

I was just thinking this. I remember also reading yesterday about Russian soldiers having died in Syria due to a bomb that exploded next to their car as it was diving by.

They've become the target of the wrath of the empire.

Not quite what I meant. Imagine for a second that none of it is deliberate targeting. What if 'accidental' tragedy and suffering is just part of what naturally comes with what Russia is trying to do?

Sadly, taking a high profile position and swimming in a tank full of sharks is not the safest place to be. I swam with the sharks and got eaten, but not killed. But I also took a lower profile, on purpose, for that reason, in order to complete the task and try to walk away alive.

It is a war fought through us, but to what end? Who gains and who loses? Regardless, we all have to go back to 5D eventually with another lesson under our belts. I guess if you don't believe that, then all you have is the here and now.

It's sad that it has to come down to this, should the speculation be true. This is the life we chose to live.

So sad :( :( :( I always enjoy his calm and professionalism when he had to respond the attacks from USA in the ONU. :cry: :cry: :cry:

My condolences to his family and Russia.Bye Mr.Churkin :bye:

Press release of condolences by President Trump.
I am glad he has the manners and courtesy to extend his condolences, unlike Obama.
The White House
Office of the Press Secretary
For Immediate ReleaseFebruary 21, 2017
Statement by President Donald J. Trump on the Death of Russia’s Permanent Representative to the United Nations, Vitaly Churkin

President Donald J. Trump was saddened to learn of the unexpected death of Russia’s Permanent Representative to the United Nations, Vitaly Churkin. An accomplished diplomat, Ambassador Churkin worked alongside his U.S. counterparts in New York for more than a decade. While American officials sometimes disagreed with their Russian counterparts, Ambassador Churkin played a crucial role in working with the United States on a number of key issues to advance global security. The President offers the condolences of the American people to the Russian people and government.

Niall said:
Alejo said:
Niall said:

Not quite what I meant. Imagine for a second that none of it is deliberate targeting. What if 'accidental' tragedy and suffering is just part of what naturally comes with what Russia is trying to do?

Like a price it has to pay to the universe?

Puck said:
Niall said:
Alejo said:
Niall said:

Maybe not so much "has to" but more like "expectable". All the latest events are very tragic indeed, but they are not necessarily part of someone's evil plan. In case of Churkin, for example, one can expect a heart attack knowing how closely to his heart he was taking his work. His UN speeches were always very emotionally charged, he was a truly devoted person. Unfortunately, his heart couldn't handle the pressure at one point. I don't think that the agents of the PTB would act so bluntly as to assassinate Russian official in NY. And what for, exactly? Russian diplomatic school is strong enough, it's pointless to try and kill one person in the hope that there will be no one to continue his work. It is also pointless to try and plant fear or anger this way. Russian officials are mature enough to leave emotions at the door step and continue their chosen path despite any provocations, they proved it many times (take the shooting of the Russian jet by Turkey, for one example).

So I think that Churkin wasn't assassinated, likely not. But his death was expectable, unfortunately - considering how difficult it is to fight a war. Fwiw

Siberia said:
Puck said:
Niall said:

Maybe not so much "has to" but more like "expectable". All the latest events are very tragic indeed, but they are not necessarily part of someone's evil plan.

Seems like it is natural to seek reasons when such tragic events occur. Without them the suffering or death seem meaningless or pointless, and it just increases the level of pain we feel at the loss. It's like we find solace in knowing that it IS a part of some kind of evil plan.

Personally, I don't exclude yet the possibility of an assassination. PTB proved enough times that they are that shameless and overconfident. It is also hard to deny an emerging pattern of "diplomacy related deaths". On the other hand, it could also be an example of the Universe's trying to show us something.

First, Laura's Aeschylus quote comes to mind:

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

What also comes to mind is Princess Diana's death, and how it was an STO act. It was no doubt a marker event and a combination of forces acting against her, and her on some level making a choice to check out in order for others to take notice. So who knows, perhaps we are dealing with something similar here.

It could also be that we are witnessing how suffering may potentially unlock possibilities on a national level. It could also be an example of a price a nation must pay in order to grow. Like what Solzhenitsyn said about the West:

"A decline in courage," Solzhenitsyn said, is the most striking feature of what he called "spiritual exhaustion" of the West.

"The forces of evil have begun their decisive offensive, you can feel their pressure, and yet your screens and publications are full of prescribed smiles and raised glasses. What is the joy about?"

"To defend oneself, one must also be ready to die; there is little such readiness in a society raised in the cult of material well-being," Solzhenitsyn said.

Siberia said:
Maybe not so much "has to" but more like "expectable". All the latest events are very tragic indeed, but they are not necessarily part of someone's evil plan. In case of Churkin, for example, one can expect a heart attack knowing how closely to his heart he was taking his work. His UN speeches were always very emotionally charged, he was a truly devoted person. Unfortunately, his heart couldn't handle the pressure at one point. I don't think that the agents of the PTB would act so bluntly as to assassinate Russian official in NY. And what for, exactly? Russian diplomatic school is strong enough, it's pointless to try and kill one person in the hope that there will be no one to continue his work. It is also pointless to try and plant fear or anger this way. Russian officials are mature enough to leave emotions at the door step and continue their chosen path despite any provocations, they proved it many times (take the shooting of the Russian jet by Turkey, for one example).

So I think that Churkin wasn't assassinated, likely not. But his death was expectable, unfortunately - considering how difficult it is to fight a war. Fwiw

Like Keit, i won't exclude yet the assassination possibility, as regarding the motive behind a hypothetical assassination, well, how about no need for a motive, the PTB in the end are psychopaths, they don't need a "motive" to take some out, it's enough for them to not like that person, or in the case of Mr. Churkin who was a high profile Russian diplomat, he could be killed as a revenge for all the success Russia had in different political theaters around the world. They won't dare to kill such a high profile figure? i don't think so, last year they downed down a russian air plane full of innocent people above Egypt just to send a message to Russia, how about the assassination of the russian ambassador to Turkey, or the possible assassination of Mr. Lesin in Washington DC and so on...

Had also followed the untimely passing of Vitaly Churkin. Having watched him and read his words (he was also the Russian Ambassador to Canada late 1990's), indeed, Vitaly was an unequaled voice in the UN and a history Ph.D to boot, who stood his ground while reminding his empire opponents of their spiteful reality.

My thoughts extend to his family and the Russian people for his loss.

Aeneas said:
2) Samantha Power was one of the very first to lament the death of Churkin (her twitter message on RT), which to me was like she was overdoing it. She, if anyone hated the sight of Churkin, as he was way superiour and had always exposed her silly unhinged rants at the UN for exactly what they were: unhinged rants. Not once did she get even close to being an equal, so her 'sad' words sounded more as a way to deflect suspicion from her and her warmongering lot.

It is a toss up between McCain and Power who best exemplify evil designs and intent, and as for any words of "lament" Power could say for the life of Vitaly Churkin, they are as hollow a sound as as wind through a bad reed.

In the UN, Churkin responded to her ridiculous sounding words as a true statesman: https://www.rt.com/news/370302-churkin-power-mother-theresa/

“The speech by the US representative {Power}is particularly strange to me; she gave her speech as if she was Mother Teresa herself. Please, remember which country you represent. Please, remember the track record of your country.”

Well said in life, Mr. Churkin!

For a couple of days preceding Churkin's death, I had some really bizarre dreams with uncharacteristic violence and unpleasantness. Several others here did also. Whenever this sort of thing happens, I wonder if the HAARP array is being cranked up to send out signals that target susceptible individuals. Perhaps there is even some direct targeting? He was in New York, right? Nothing like a local cell tower to be set up to receive and amplify and triangulate the signals. Meanwhile, other people around the world can pick up errant signals and unpack them in various ways in their subconscious.

Laura said:
For a couple of days preceding Churkin's death, I had some really bizarre dreams with uncharacteristic violence and unpleasantness. Several others here did also. Whenever this sort of thing happens, I wonder if the HAARP array is being cranked up to send out signals that target susceptible individuals. Perhaps there is even some direct targeting? He was in New York, right? Nothing like a local cell tower to be set up to receive and amplify and triangulate the signals. Meanwhile, other people around the world can pick up errant signals and unpack them in various ways in their subconscious.
I had a couple of violent type dreams just after his death. One in which I was shooting ferral cats, one each on concecutive days with 2 on the fifth day, thus making it 5 cats. I am not sure it had any significance, but it did humour me that the Russian defence minster alluded to the English zoo of officials as cats, yesterday. When I woke up from the dream, I had Churkin strongly in my thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom