Picture

Thebull

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
This was posted on my wife's FB feed and it caught my eye. They had an art competition at the local maternity unit and one of the support workers produced this.
This is What she wrote and I found it moving. I should add this was the winner.
In her own words ...........

I wanted to recreate this beautiful image of Mother Earth in honour of all of you women we see on the maternity ward. I loose count of the times I hear women saying, "All dignity is lost in childbirth". We wish you could see yourselves through our eyes- you are beautiful, brave and supreme women. What you go through, and the strength you find within yourselves is beyond empowering. You should be so proud of yourselves You seem surprised by what you are capable of, but all we see is how powerful you are, and we are not surprised by this power you encompass ❤

I hope it's okay to post as I haven't asked permission if not please remove.

Attachments

• IMG_0300.JPG
    IMG_0300.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 77
Thebull said:
This was posted on my wife's FB feed and it caught my eye. They had an art competition at the local maternity unit and one of the support workers produced this.
This is What she wrote and I found it moving. I should add this was the winner.
In her own words ...........

I wanted to recreate this beautiful image of Mother Earth in honour of all of you women we see on the maternity ward. I loose count of the times I hear women saying, "All dignity is lost in childbirth". We wish you could see yourselves through our eyes- you are beautiful, brave and supreme women. What you go through, and the strength you find within yourselves is beyond empowering. You should be so proud of yourselves You seem surprised by what you are capable of, but all we see is how powerful you are, and we are not surprised by this power you encompass ❤

I hope it's okay to post as I haven't asked permission if not please remove.

Hello Thebull,

I found the image lovely. I am a midwife, a mother and a grandmother. I view the earth as a maternal planet that provides us all with a home while we develop, evolve and hopefully . . . learn. Thank you for sharing. :)

It is beautiful & represents the Power of Womb-man to bridge the spirit and physical world by creating a conduit for life. Imagine how much happier life on Earth could be "if" we honored and protected our " Sacred Mothers", including Mother Earth.

Back
Top Bottom