Session 5 August 2017

trendsetter37 said:
Neil said:
Then when I was about 13, I had this creepy dream about some kind of shadow version of me coming out of my bedroom mirror and trying to pull me into the mirror world.

Funny you mentioned this. I've always had a thing about not sleeping where I could see into a mirror. It just always felt uncomfortable, so I too thought the mirror comment was interesting.

I remember having an especially creepy dream one night when I slept in a room that had floor length mirrors on what I believe was the closet. The mirrors anyway seemed to span the entire wall. Don't remember the details now as it's been a couple years. Anyway, I didn't stay there again. I remember at the time wondering if the dream had to do with the mirrors.

Thank you, the session was very interesting as always.

On the mental blocking subject, I think this part of Castaneda's "A Separate Reality" can relate:

"The world is indeed full of frightening things and we are helpless creatures surrounded by forces that are inexplicable and unbending. The average man, in ignorance, believes that those forces can be explained or changed; he doesn't really know how to do that, but he expects that the actions of mankind will explain them or change them sooner or later.

The sorcerer, on the other hand, does not think of explaining or changing them; instead, he learns to use such forces by redirecting himself and adapting to their direction. That's his trick. There is very little to sorcery once you find out its trick. A sorcerer is only slightly better off than the average man. Sorcery does not help him to live a better life; in fact I should say that sorcery hinders him; it makes his life cumbersome, precarious. By opening himself to knowledge a sorcerer becomes more vulnerable than the average man.

On the one hand his fellow men hate him and fear him and will strive to end his life; on the other hand the inexplicable and unbending forces that surround every one of us, by right of our being alive, are for a sorcerer a source of even greater danger. To be pierced by a fellow man is indeed painful, but nothing in comparison to being touched by an ally. A sorcerer, by opening himself to knowledge, falls prey to such forces and has only one means of balancing himself, his will; thus he must feel and act like a warrior. I will repeat this once more: Only as a warrior can one survive the path of knowledge. What helps a sorcerer live a better life is the strength of being a warrior.

"This brings us to the last point you must know about a warrior," he said. "A warrior selects the items that make his world.

"The other day when you saw the ally and I had to wash you twice, do you know what was wrong with you?"

"No."

"You had lost your shields."

"What shields? What are you talking about?"

"I said that a warrior selects the items that make his world. He selects deliberately, for every item he chooses is a shield that protects him from the onslaughts of the forces he is striving to use. A warrior would use his shields to protect himself from his ally, for instance.

"An average man who is equally surrounded by those inexplicable forces is oblivious to them because he has other kinds of special shields to protect himself."

He paused and looked at me with a question in his eyes. I had not understood what he meant.

"What are those shields?" I insisted.

"What people do," he repeated.

"What do they do?"

"Well, look around. People are busy doing that which people do. Those are their shields. Whenever a sorcerer has an encounter with any of those inexplicable and unbending forces we have talked about, his gap opens, making him more susceptible to his death than he ordinarily is; I've told you that we die through that gap, therefore if it is open one should have his will ready to fill it; that is, if one is a warrior.

If one is not a warrior, like yourself, then one has no other recourse but to use the activities of daily life to take one's mind away from the fright of the encounter and thus to allow one's gap to close. You got angry with me that day when you met the ally. I made you angry when I stopped your car and I made you cold when I dumped you into the water. Having your clothes on made you even colder. Being angry and cold helped you close your gap and you were protected. At this time in your life, however, you can no longer use those shields as effectively as an average man. You know too much about those forces and now you are finally at the brink of feeling and acting as a warrior. Your old shields are no longer safe."

"What am I supposed to do?"

"Act like a warrior and select the items of your world. You cannot surround yourself with things helter-skelter any longer. I tell you this in a most serious vein. Now for the first time you are not safe in your old way of life."

"What do you mean by selecting the items of my world?"

"A warrior encounters those inexplicable and unbending forces because he is deliberately seeking them, thus he is always prepared for the encounter. You, on the other hand, are never prepared for it. In fact if those forces come to you they will take you by surprise; the fright will open your gap and your life will irresistibly escape through it.
The first thing you must do, then, is be prepared. Think that the ally is going to pop in front of your eyes any minute and you must be ready for him. To meet an ally is no party or Sunday picnic and a warrior takes the responsibility of protecting his life. Then if any of those forces tap you and open your gap, you must deliberately strive to close it by yourself. For that purpose you must have a selected number of things that give you great peace and pleasure, things which you can deliberately use to take your thoughts from your fright and close your gap and make you solid."

"What kind of things?"

"Years ago I told you that in his day-to-day life a warrior chooses to follow the path with heart. It is the consistent choice of the path with heart which makes a warrior different from the average man. He knows that a path has heart when he is one with it, when he experiences a great peace and pleasure traversing its length. The things a warrior selects to make his shields are the items of a path with heart."

"But you said I'm not a warrior, so how can I choose a path with heart?"

"This is your turning point. Let's say that before you did not really need to live like a warrior. Now it is different, now you must surround yourself with the items of a path with heart and you must refuse the rest, or you will perish in the next encounter. I may add that you don't need to ask for the encounter any longer. An ally can now come to you in your sleep; while you are talking to your friends; while you are writing."
(A Separate Reality, 1971)

and I remember this from the Wave 69

It seems from all the studies that are done that an elevated mood – one of happy expectation of the possibility of adventure – is the greatest protection against illness. Perhaps it is also the one that makes one inedible to the Matrix?

Identifying, releasing and expressing emotion that has been suppressed is a significant step in the direction of taking charge of your ship and learning to navigate it. But at the same time it is essential to learn to transform emotions.

In the East, part of the training of many paths of yogic wisdom includes meditating in graveyards. Now, a graveyard in the East is quite different from a graveyard in the West. In the East, it is the custom to expose the bodies to the elements so that they will be devoured by birds and other predators. To meditate in such a place is to be confronted by physical horrors that Westerners may find difficult to contemplate. At the same time, there is the superstitious fear of specters and demons that the meditator must deal with. In Tantra yoga, one practice is to make love in a graveyard.

In both cases, the object is to train the consciousness to achieve higher states of mind in the face of the cold, hard facts of life in the material world; to gain mastery over the physical, programmed emotions; to become the navigator.

It is in this sense that the Cassiopaeans teach us that knowledge protects. To have a full field of awareness is to be in control of your ship no matter what may erupt into your life. Information is the bridge between consciousness and matter and without this bridge, matter and its programs – the Predator’s mind – will dominate. The body-mind of the Predator is like the whirlpool of Charybdis and the temptation of the Sirens of ancient myth put together. Like Ulysses, we must lash ourselves to the mast of our ship, stuff the ears of our rowers with wax, and call upon knowledge (nymphs) to help guide us through the dangers.

In short, I believe that ignorance, denial or fear of the unknown can generate a mental blocking that protects against attacks but not suffering in life. As Don Juan says one must be prepared to follow the path of knowledge or look at the unknown because it includes dangerous things beyond our understanding.

I was thinking about it, it's very common to see that those "open" to the unknown or those who adhere strongly to a false belief have all kinds of problems. But I also see that those who deny the unknown and are skeptical of everything without being carried away by negative emotions, those "who live in their world" without disturbing others, live a quiet life without too much trouble (although, somehow not getting carried away by negative emotions is already a not very easy type of work) but if all that exist are lessons to learn there must be a price to pay if one falls in love with his own world or in other words is very comfortable and gets stuck there (does not collect energy to grow). Something must die, following with Don Juan, that's why it's important to follow the way of the warrior to overcome that death, and could also be the reason why there is always mentions about the end of the world in each generation. These are thoughts that come to my mind since I'm listening to all of Castaneda's books and The Wave.

About the mirror from Castaneda’s The Fire From Within:
„The technique I have in mind has to be put in action in the shallow depths of a stream,” he said. „There is one near Genaro’s house.” „What will I have to do?” „You’ll have to get a mediumsize mirror.” I was surprised at his request. I remarked that the ancient Toltecs did not know about mirrors. „They didn’t,” he admitted, smiling. „This is my benefactor’s addition to the technique. All the ancient seers needed was a reflecting surface.”

There are two versions. I’ll give you the old seers’ version first. They thought that the reflecting surface of a shiny object submerged in water enlarges the power of the water. What they used to do was gaze into bodies of water, and the reflecting surface served them as an aid to accelerate the process. They believed that our eyes are the keys to entering into the unknown; by gazing into water, they were allowing the eyes to open the way.”

He said that ancient seers were damaged by their aberrant insistence on staying glued to their procedures, but that whatever they found was valid. They found out that the surest way to meet one of those creatures is through a body of water. The size of the body of water is not relevant; an ocean or a pond serves the same purpose. He had chosen a small stream because he hated to get wet. We could have gotten the same results in a lake or a large river. „The other life comes to find out what’s going on when human beings call,” he continued. „That Toltec technique is like a knock on their door. The old seers said the shiny surface on the bottom of the water served as a bait and a window. So humans and those creatures meet at a window.” „Is that what happened to me there?” I asked. „The old seers would’ve said that you were being pulled by the power of the water and the power of the first level, plus the magnetic influence of the creature at the window.” „But I heard a voice in my ear saying that I was dying,” I said. „The voice was right. You were dying, and you would have if I hadn’t been there. That is the danger of practicing the Toltecs’ techniques. They are extremely effective but most of the time they are deadly.”

josev said:
About the mirror from Castaneda’s The Fire From Within:
<snop>

That is the danger of practicing the Toltecs’ techniques. They are extremely effective but most of the time they are deadly.”

Don't know why but this last line made me laugh out loud. So true about so many "esoteric" activities.

As for mirrors, I have some very old ones and I always had a suspicion that they somehow recorded things; that if you had the know how, you could replay all the events that had transpired in front of them through time. My dressing table is the same one I grew up with; I've often thought about it recording me throughout my life and would it be possible to see myself as a small child there.

Thank you very much for the session, Laura & Chateau team - as always, very interesting. Great to read that your knee is building up. May you recover fully soon, and be able to dance! And Pierre, may your migraines soon be resolved as well! :flowers:

Regarding the "child" which was mentioned - could it be, that it is also meant to be Laura's body which is renewing due to the stem cell therapy? A kind of new body, which will give rise to even sharper and wider consciousness, as has been cited here from a session where the "child" was mentioned previously? The term "baby knee" led me to this kind of thought. Maybe it is too far-fetched but I thought to throw this in nonetheless.

BrenXHkm said:
[...]

I found another excerpt from a session from October 28, 1994:
Q: (L) Now, several people have told me that there is a small child who is with me constantly, who is she and why is she here?

A: Next in line.

Q: (L) Next in line for what?

A: Birth.

Q: (L) Am I going to have another child?

A: Maybe.

Q: (L) How many are there in line?

A: One.

Q: (L) Male or female?

A: Female.

Q: (L) Is this to happen within the next year?

A: Open.

Q: (L) I am 42 years old. If I were to get pregnant would I be able to have a normal pregnancy and produce a healthy infant?

A: Yes. Your consciousness will soon give you spectacularly sharp, exact and correct information.

As for the mirror: A friend of mine once told me, that when he looked into a mirror once, there seemed to be sort of many faces morphing out of his face in the mirror - or those faces just seemed like being released out of his face and vanish somewhere. I can't remember any more how he really told it. However, it was eerie.

And as a teen, I also came about some stories about mirrors serving as portals for other worlds or dimensions - or even into other times, I think.

Then, this subject also makes me think about the mirroring process as part of the Work - which in this sense I interpret as being made aware of one's "inner demons" (flaws etc.), which one doesn't normally see himself but which others can point out through a mirror. The one which sees those "demons" in that mirror then might be shocked as a result. He can then decide to "block" those out - not by denial but by des-identifying from them through working towards aspects which are beneficial for his development in terms of the Work.

On the subject of mirrors,I find them a bit creepy tbh.When I was a little boy,I'd see the faces of adults and my parents as crooked.They looked bent in the reflection,like a crescent moon.I'd see it everywhere and I remember pointing this out to my grandmother and she just thought I was being silly.When I was 12 I saw my friends face as crooked (he was same age as I) then after a while this stopped.One day I saw my own face that way and I still see glimpses of that occasionally,but the phenomenon more or less stopped for me.

I know this is neither here nor there,but I know I can't be the only one who saw that.

Thank you so much Laura for making a session despite your tiredness, I had confidence in the healing of your knee and I continue to trust for total healing in a very short time.
And if that's what the C's were saying in the excerpt of the session and what Learner think ... a new birth ... it's going to be wonderful for you. :dance:

Christine said:
Thank you so much Laura for making a session despite your tiredness, I had confidence in the healing of your knee and I continue to trust for total healing in a very short time.
And if that's what the C's were saying in the excerpt of the session and what Learner think ... a new birth ... it's going to be wonderful for you. :dance:

Thank you both for your concern!

I am feeling much better, especially with the Near InfraRed therapy. I'm really impressed by it!

As you can imagine, I'm really trying to baby that knee because I want it to regrow a bunch of lost cartilage!!! So, even though I feel better, and my brain is a lot clearer, I'm still not being very physically active.

Laura said:
Christine said:

I am feeling much better, especially with the Near InfraRed therapy. I'm really impressed by it!

As you can imagine, I'm really trying to baby that knee because I want it to regrow a bunch of lost cartilage!!! So, even though I feel better, and my brain is a lot clearer, I'm still not being very physically active.

Hmm,are you familiar with Sanford Bennet at all? In case you aren't,he was a decrepit and unhealthy man at 50,yet was fit and glowing at 70.His secret was a set of exercises he devised to be performed in bed.He wrote a short book called Exercises in Bed and it outlines 35 exercises you perform (drumroll) in bed before you get up.He managed to cure his maladies and tone his body through the techniques he outlined in the book.There's a picture of him at 50 vs 70 and he managed to smooth out his skin and cure his baldness as well.Though his theory of why we age is (at least as far as I can tell) wrong,his methods certainly seem to work.In any case,if you would like to do exercise but are not able,this may be a good option.
Another one is muscle control.You basically focus on contracting certain muscles while keeping others totally relaxed.One of the benefits is that you become more efficient at using your body during literally any movement,but it also works out the muscles and keeps you energized and limber.Another benefit is that after a few months of daily practice,you won't need to devote as much attention to the contraction/relaxation and can do it while reading.

Hindsight Man said:
Laura said:
Christine said:

Hmm,are you familiar with Sanford Bennet at all? In case you aren't,he was a decrepit and unhealthy man at 50,yet was fit and glowing at 70.His secret was a set of exercises he devised to be performed in bed.He wrote a short book called Exercises in Bed and it outlines 35 exercises you perform (drumroll) in bed before you get up.He managed to cure his maladies and tone his body through the techniques he outlined in the book.There's a picture of him at 50 vs 70 and he managed to smooth out his skin and cure his baldness as well.Though his theory of why we age is (at least as far as I can tell) wrong,his methods certainly seem to work.In any case,if you would like to do exercise but are not able,this may be a good option.
Another one is muscle control.You basically focus on contracting certain muscles while keeping others totally relaxed.One of the benefits is that you become more efficient at using your body during literally any movement,but it also works out the muscles and keeps you energized and limber.Another benefit is that after a few months of daily practice,you won't need to devote as much attention to the contraction/relaxation and can do it while reading.

I see his book has been digitized and is available in PDF and ePub versions or you can just read it online. Looking through it, it has many pictures and illustrations.

https://archive.org/stream/oldageitscausea01benngoog#page/n100/mode/2up

ADDED: When I clicked on the download button, I found there are 5 formats:

Select Download Format
Choose a format to begin your download.

PDF
ePub
Plain Text
DAISY
Kindle

I am re-reading Petty Tyrants and Facing the Unknown and i have found this interesting information about Mirrors.Basically is the moment when Laura was suggested by Cs to build a "psychomantium" as tool to continue with her research and work.Read by yourself in the Session 17 January 1997:

A: Time to consider construction of psychomantium.

Q: (Laura) What is a 'psychomantium?'

A: Use Latin knowledge. {Group discusses possible definitions}

Q: (Laura) Is that it? Something that's in your mind?

A: No.

Q: (Laura) Is it something that you use your mind to direct or control or power?

A: Chamber for viewing other realms, possible futures and entities residing in other densities. Need clear depth... such as large polished mirror on stand, which can be adjusted as to angle... walls must be completely covered in black, so as to eliminate reflection... soft, low, indirect lighting.

Q: (Laura) Wasn't it Dr. Moody that did the life-after-death thing? (Terry) He's got a room with the mirror with the balck velour walls and the comfortable chair that you can look in the mirror without seeing yourself...

A: Yes, and it is real and it works. In the clear depths, you can even see us, on occasion!

Q: (Laura) Didn't we ask once about what this guy was doing, having people staring into a mirror, that it was opening them up to attachment, and was that not confirmed?

A: Attachment is merely a function born from a lack of knowledge... something you have enough of now so as not to worry.

Q: (Terry) This psychomantium, isn't it in essence a way of opening up a doorway to other realities and other levels and densities?

A: Yes.

Q: (Terry) Is that something you really want to do?

Q: (Terry) Why?

A: Because you are ready now... and besides, what do you think you are doing here?!?

Q: (Laura) Is it a doorway that can be as Castaneda described it, where something can walk in, or walk out?

A: Possible... but... if you recall, what was the missing factor with Castaneda's story?

Q: (Laura) He didn't have knowledge. Is that it?

A: Not enough.

Q: (Laura) Is this something that can or ought to be done as a group, or singly... what's the deal?

A: Both.

Q: (Terry) So we're going to really construct one of those here? (Laura) Do we really want to do this at this house? Don't we want to buy something out in the country, where people won't be watching our bizarre behavior? (Terry) It doesn't really matter, we're watching everybody else's bizarre behavior, how bizarre can it be?

A: They won't watch, unless you invite them in.

Q: (Laura) Ok, we've got all of these little things that need to be done; we've got a hole in the cellar that needs to be dug, that's still sitting there, we've got a pool that's supposed to be built, now we're supposed to build a psychomantium.

A: This is not a daunting or costly project... materials: felt of the type you used for your charts, mirror and soft light, or candles. {Terry describes a portable version that can be set up when using, and taken down when not needed.}

Q: (Laura) Is this basically the way that it is done, as Terry has described it?

Q: (Laura) How long is it necessary to sit and stare into the mirror before one experiences...

A: Varies, but not long.

Q: (Terry) It's going to vary from person to person... (Laura) OK, what advantage is there to using a psychomantium to using the board, I mean, is it going to replace the board?

A: No. Visualizations clarify and unite images.

Q: (Laura) Ok, what images would we wish, or would be suggested to unite and clarify, and particularly in the term unite? You've used the term 'unite' on a number of occasions, and in unusual ways.

A: Anything and everything in transcripts, for example... and all else.

Q: (Laura) Okay, so we would be able to see all of the things told about in the transcripts. Would we also be able to, by seeing a 4th density reality, be able to generate some sort of unification between ourselves, in some sense, and this new reality ?

Q: (Laura) Is this part of the way and means of bonding oneself to 4th density reality.

A: Helps.

Q: (Laura) Can one also use this to visit other parts of the globe in real time?

Q: (Terry) Visit the past and the future?

Q: (Terry) There's other things on the other side. Can they come through?

A: Only if used ignorantly.

Q: (Laura) Is it the mental blocking technique that we are familiar with what prevents entry of something else?

A: Close.

Q: (Jan) 'Knowledge protects!' (Terry) Well, this is easier than digging out under the pool, and building a reflecting pool, and finding 75 square feet to build a labyrinth. (Laura) It sounds like a damned amusement park! (Jan) Yeah, 'LauraWorld'!!! (Terry) It would give a whole new meaning to an 'E' ticket ride!

A: "Amusement" denotes fun!

Q: (Laura) Ok, guys, it's late and Ark is waiting.

A: Goodbye.

End of Session

A: Indeed. It is a reflection of chaos and entropy. We warned about disintegration and soul smashing increasing...

(L)...Well, I mean, come on! It looks to me like we're already experiencing it. Look how all these people are acting all over the planet. If that's not a hyperkinetic sensate...They're just acting freakin' CRAZY! So I would say that hyperkinetic sensate is partly involved with the disintegration and the soul smashing. It's like insane.

Just today I saw these 2 videos confirming this disintegration:

Jogger shoves woman into the path of a bus without breaking his pace
_https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/08/10/man-arrested-after-jogger-shoved-woman-into-path-of-oncoming-bus-in-london/?utm_term=.5fd89d57f05c

Snake kills itself by contorting, spinning and banging its head on the ground
_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wU-mSfpVUY

thank you for this session.
sooner eh? I was thinking 2020, but I don't know if an ETA was speculated on based on the location of the wave.
In a hypnagogic state a while ago I saw a 'wave' coming (more like tsunami) and visualization of myself being tossed around by this wave. the future past.

I am wondering if Rick Simpson oil(CBD) would be of benefit for Pierre? infrared(near AND far?) will help as well as the heat. endothelial function and mitochondrial health.

have just finished a book about K2, activates hormones produced by vit D3 (among others) that 1) direct calcium into the teeth/bones(osteocalcin) 2) scavenge calcium from soft tissue like arteries/veins(MGP)! K2 available in gouda and brie cheeses in MK4 format, natto in MK7 format. MK4 has a short halflife, but MK7 last much longer, and is the kind you should get in supplements. You can't overdose on it, the body doesn't store it, excess is excreted. Are blood vessel calcium deposits part of the problem Pierre?

good questions on suffering, conscious or not.
thanks all.

Laura said:
Nico said:
Galaxia2002 said:
Regarding mirrors, I had an experience when I was child. I remember that I was looking at the mirror and started to see how over my image a devil thing morphed with my image and produced a diabolic being, I was terrified and I can't believe it. I thought it was my imagination since then, but know I see that maybe it was a real bad being!

I had a similar experience when I was trying to see aura, a glowing image of an old person superposed over my current face, I thought about an old soul, it wasn't seem particularly frightening or evil but this questionned me. I noticed now when I look at myself in the mirror some filthy self-importance thinking about my body that flow over like dirt over my mind :/.

Galaxia2002 said:
In what consist a mental block? is it convincing myself that I won't be able to see anything? It is only mental or is it matching with an attitude or emotion?

I have some consideration too, does mental blocking engages some form of ignorance ? Ignoring the noise from others entities ?
I thought of a process : seeing a potential nuisible source you decide to block its influence and then your body and feelings align with your mental attitude, protecting itself from the influence. The Pleiadians said thoughts come first and experience next.

Mental blocking is covered in the sessions and The Wave series available online and in book form. If you are expecting to discuss concepts on this forum, you need to be up to speed on these things. Do a forum search.

"CassWiki" is a great resource and a good place to start researching anything discussed on the forum. Here's the alphabetical index: https://thecasswiki.net/index.php?title=Special:BrowseData/Content_pages. And here's the entry for "mental blocking": https://thecasswiki.net/index.php?title=Mental_blocking

JGeropoulas said:
Snake kills itself by contorting, spinning and banging its head on the ground
_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wU-mSfpVUY

That snake has to have been poisoned in some way.

Back
Top Bottom