does sleeping in a certain direction make a difference?

I also have nightmares if I sleep on my back! haha :cry:

There was something in Emerald Tablets of Thoth about sleep direction. I believe the recommendation was to sleep N-S for strength and vigor. When one is ready to die, the direction should be changed to E-W which will facilitate the transition. Or something like that.

According to this I'm almost dead, I realize now that I slept to E for more than 25 years :lol:

I used to feel constantly tired, I greatly improved by making the keto diet, but there are still days I feel very tired.

And finally, my chiropractor told me years ago to sleep on my side with a pillow between my knees to take strain off the lower back.

So, the consensus of advice seems to be to sleep mainly on the left side with a pillow between the knees and proper head/neck support in total darkness for optimal health. I guess you'll have to experiment with directions to find what is best for you. We like N/S orientation with head to the magnetic north for natural energy flow.

The best change I do was acquiring a good pillow that is soft but it is not deformed, just a little. For many years I had neck pain, although not constantly, I don't know why not change it before, another example of how silly humans can be :D

If I don't sleep with a big pillow between my arms, hugging it, I feel my arms do not rest well. I sometimes feel discomfort in my knees and I put another pillow between them.

One thing I should improve is the total darkness, maybe the reason for my occasional tiredness, since I usually wake up at noon.

I found an application for Android, Compass 360 Pro, that supposedly shows the magnetic north, these apps works?

Finally got hold of a compass today. My house is about 10 degrees askew of magnetic north. How much does it matter I wonder? I thought turning my bed 10 degrees would just be a small change, but I will have to move some things.

The Compass app I mention shows me as North until 22° of deviation, passing that (23º) shows as NE or NW

I look about the feng shui and speak about the head position and the face position. In my case, according to my birth, it tells me that my head pointing E is the best position because I can sleep facing north and south. However if I sleep at N it don't recommend looking at the NW, like Laura say. I think the only way to find out will be testing it

I'll try different positions, I would like to remember my dreams, if I wish that before I sleep doesn't work for me :D the last times were rather rare experiences, I will seek the appropriate post for that.

I don't know if it's a good comparison, I would like to learn more about physics, but I think in the devices receiving RF, in other word, information, and sometimes they get better if we change the position depending on various factors.

I doubt there is much about the north/south things, but more about which direction is the sun coming in through and where is your bed pointed to / which wall.

josev said:
I don't know if it's a good comparison, I would like to learn more about physics...

Hi josev, in case you're interested, Richard Feynman's most famous physics lectures are free to read online. The link is in the first paragraph of this SoTT article:

http://www.sott.net/article/303980-Learn-Physics-From-Nobel-Prizewinner-Richard-Feynman-for-Free

Quote from article:

His knack for translating complex scientific principles into plain English earned Feynman the nickname "The Great Explainer."

Hi josev, in case you're interested, Richard Feynman's most famous physics lectures are free to read online. The link is in the first paragraph of this SoTT article:

http://www.sott.net/article/303980-Learn-Physics-From-Nobel-Prizewinner-Richard-Feynman-for-Free

Hi Buddy, thanks! I gave him a look and seems very interesting, I'll save it for later, I still have to improve my English to take better advantage of it :)

Hi

As well as direction of sleeping, one might also look if he/she is sleeping on places like Hartmann node or water vain.
Here is one link where where I've found all explained pretty nice _https://swissharmony.com/swiss-harmony-information-centre/

Here are some quotes from the site:
Water veins run underground. When we think about the water cycle on earth, we usually think about rain, rivers, lakes, and the sea. Rivers, lakes and the sea make up the Earth's surface water. But there is also a great deal of water underground.
It isn't possible for us to know precisely how the negative effects of water veins work. But models can give us some idea. One common explanation is that, as water flows between layers of rock underground, it produces friction. In turn, these layers of rock produce electric fields, especially when they are under high pressure. These electric fields then cause interference with the natural magnetic field of the Earth and produce “turbulence.” The radiation fields from this turbulence then expand beyond the Earth's surface. Another explanation is that the high pressure of the water flowing underground causes the release of ions, which are then sent upward.
For example, some research studies have indicated that it can cause spiral growth and proliferation in trees as well as scoliosis and cancer in humans

The consensus about earth rays and their impact remains fraught. Skeptics deny their existence and believe they have no effect. Others have dedicated themselves to researching them and believe the contrary.
Initial symptoms may arise in the form of disorders of the immune system or in an inconspicuous illness that recurs after a short time despite successful therapy and with no apparent explanation.
Children and infants still have an “antenna” for earth radiation. If they roll around in bed frequently, they are looking for a stress-free spot.
In most cases, these influences manifest as sleep disorders (e.g. restless sleep, insomnia, and frequent waking). Children are particularly susceptible: when they toss and turn in bed, it may be an unconscious effort to find a stress-free place to sleep.

Both Feng Shui and Vastu are also mentioning those influences on human body.

I've also red somewhere, that people used to send cattle to rest and then see where they would lay down and then they would also lay beside since animals have natural instinct for those influences.

I personally block those with crystals clusters like Jasper/Jaspis (for Hartmann), Ahat(for Hartmann), Milky Quartz(for water).

My 2 cents :)

I have slept by 2 years with my head pointing to the southwest and I could barely had dreams, but the quality of the sleep was acceptable. After a very strong flu, I flip and now my head is pointing to the northwest. The same day of the change I started to have dreams that were in the borderline of be a nightmare and some others "normal" ones. But with the time I am returning to my former condition, each time less dreams. The quality of the sleep is acceptable but a bit restless sometimes.

Maybe? Some of us feel more the difference between one direction or another? And I am one who always makes sure that my head and feet are pointing in the chosen direction, wherever I may sleep. To me, it is a very important issue!

For me head pointing East or North East is where I find the best sleep, most vivid dreams and quality rest. If I do not take this into consideration when I position the bed I happen to sleep in, thyere can be very unusual results, and more than anything the impossibility to really REST! There are many theories surrounding the issue, yet in my experience it is a different strokes for different folks type of issue?!

An important one at that!... / my 2 cents (sense)....

Going to sleep in the same position every day means your body will feel the exact same contour from the bed. Sleeping in a different position may change the contour and bumps slightly, but in my experience that can make a world of difference. My mattress is dished, I need a new one. So flipping around and sleeping at a different angle on a different part of the bed seems to have much more of an effect than the direction I sleep in alone.

So getting your mattress sorted out should probably be done first before worrying about stuff like this.

monotonic said:
Going to sleep in the same position every day means your body will feel the exact same contour from the bed. Sleeping in a different position may change the contour and bumps slightly, but in my experience that can make a world of difference. My mattress is dished, I need a new one. So flipping around and sleeping at a different angle on a different part of the bed seems to have much more of an effect than the direction I sleep in alone.

So getting your mattress sorted out should probably be done first before worrying about stuff like this.

I encourage you to make a mattress yourself. I followed someone else's recommendation, and I think it is great. My mattress bottom layer is a memory foam layer, then an eggcrate foam layer, then a featherbed layer, and the whole thing is bound together with a waterproof mattress protector. The mattress lays top of a nice grade plywood, which is on a bedframe with wooden slats under the plywood.

What I use for the bottom layer is memory foam 1 inch thick, for the middle layer is egg crate convoluted foam 3 inches thick, and for the top layer is Pacific Coast EuroRest Mattress Topper featherbed.

Back
Top Bottom