Canada - Truck hits at least 8 people in Toronto

That's the weird part. In the 80's and 90's, the idea of gang activity and automatic weapons in an area like Willowdale would have seemed like pure nonsense. And that's still largely the impression the outside world has of Toronto. People cringe at the idea of "The Big City" but generally consider Toronto "One of The Safest, Cleanest Cities In The World". That's the unofficial tag line beyond Ontario.

Even though this is off-topic, I don't know what Willowdale was like in the 80's and early 90's but by the late 90's there was gang activity in the area. I went to a high school nearby and one of my best friends at the time lived on the main street. A few of us were hanging out on his driveway one night and a gang of 50-60 people walking in groups of 2-4 several feet apart from one another walked right past his house. You could see them extending all the way down Willowdale Ave. We stood there stunned for several minutes watching and counting because none of us had ever seen anything like that before. We even had undercover police posing as janitors at the school I went to. I never came across anyone trafficking guns, although I had heard of people and groups in the school who had 'reputations' but a lot of cliques were involved in drug trafficking - and this was in an middle-upper class neighborhood. So, fwiw.

But yeah, overall I agree that there's something in the air. The mood or atmosphere of the city feels tense and stressful. I can't really put my finger on what, although something that I've seen and heard often is that there's a sense of community or being able to talk with your neighbour's or people on the street that's disappearing. You can see it in the attitude people hold too. I think it's more than an EMF or a big city thing, although each play their part. The weather has been wonky where it's cold and snowing one day and warm and sunny just a few days later. We can go through 2-3 seasons worth of changes in a matter of weeks only to see it relapse again, so people's immune systems are down. And if weather is an indication of something happening at other levels...

I was in Montreal last year and I found it very different. There was an ease to the city and people that you just don't find in Toronto.

Interesting thread on twitter about some oddities relating to this... Here is the address of the thread -twitter.com/Millenniel_Matt/status/989545045962485760
The guy has archived the facebook page.

And here is the opening post:
t4Rxar9.png

The narrative has been based on this single Facebook post apparently made after the attack that the guy is an incel, which is internet slang for involuntary celibacy, they're basically just single guys who have difficulty finding a partner. Now, the establishment and nu-left media has been talking about this internet phenomenon in an overexagerated but also very incorrect fashion, showing they know very little about this subculture but at the same time blowing it out of proportion, some female journalists nearly calling the guys rapists, "women don't owe you sex", "misogyny", and all the progressive tropes... Many people who previously didn't know about this, flocked to twitter accounts and reddits where these guys just hang out together and started mocking and bullying them.

This "incel" phenomenon has been forced into the mainstream news cycle WHILE all of this about the sex cult NXIVM and human trafficking is going on and that is barely being talked about in the mainstream. Just now CBC of Canada had an idiotic stream with two women on youtube talking about incels and "dark subculture" and how men are to blame themselves.

Meanwhile here is the REAL DARK subculture -

wZikBB7.png

jM9BKSz.png

Thread address - twitter.com/Millenniel_Matt/status/989001410971881474

Back
Top Bottom