The Vegetarian Myth

CdeSouza said:
As for psychological reasons.... often vegetarianism is a cover for eating disorders or anorexia.

I had a good friend who was vegetarian and had an eating disorder. It could also be that such a way of eating exacerbates the condition or even lends toward creating it. I don't know which came first for this friend. The impact on mood , frying the nerves, effect on the brain, and so on surely has an impact. Heck, forcing yourself to stay a vegetarian when your body is screaming no is an eating disorder in and of itself.

I've heard that too - that particularly with young women, vegetarian or vegan diets often mask eating disorders. Being anemic, it's never been an option for me. Sorry, but vegetables just do not contain enough absorbable iron. Using iron frying pans helps somewhat, but I enjoy eating meat anyway.

I've read multiple places, including according to naturopaths, that meat is behind a lot of inflammatory problems. It took me a long time to realize it's actually the opposite. I'm not a big eater, but do aim for a balanced diet, cook mostly at home. Several months ago I began waking every morning with chronic inflammation in the muscles around my knee. Once I upped my meat intake, it went away.

Here's a great podcast from Joe organ talking to a doctor who's been on an all meat diet for a year. Possibly a little extreme but interesting regardless. I know personally when I up my meat intake I feel more energetic and much less sore, especially in my hip and back, and the pain returns when I've consumed more carbs over a given time. But to each their own, some people respond to a vegetarian diet and some to an all meat diet, you have to find your place somewhere in that spectrum.

https://youtu.be/cbURzlv4NKg

As we know wave is here and I think people have gone crazy about being vegetarians. Whenever I talk to people around me or my work colleagues they can’t stop talking about carby food and the only thing they want to do is to stop eating meat and become vegetarians. When I ask them why, nobody has a certain answer but the only thing they say is they don’t like killing animals. Hahahaha it just makes me laugh by thinking what’s wrong with this people who grew up eating meat wants to be a vegetarian. :D :)

Hi Rashi, welcome to the forum.

Since this is your first post, I'd like to suggest you introduce yourself on our Newbies board.

You don't have to write anything personal, just things you like, how you found the forum, if you're familiar with Laura Knight-Jadczyk's works, etc. If you are unsure of what to write, you can look at what others wrote in their introduction thread. :)

From Liberal (central) California. Paving the way with a recipe for disaster!

KPIX CBS SF Bay Area
Published on Apr 25, 2018
State Sen. Nancy Skinner, D-Berkeley, has introduced legislation ensuring that Californians confined to prisons and hospitals who prefer not to eat meat have access to plant-based meals.

From Liberal (central) California. Paving the way with a recipe for disaster!
(...) State Sen. Nancy Skinner, D-Berkeley, has introduced legislation ensuring that Californians confined to prisons and hospitals who prefer not to eat meat have access to plant-based meals.

Given how many nutritional deficiencies (zinc, iron, omega3, etc.) that Raine described in Anatomy of Violence can be linked to aggression, and how many of them are also common in vegetarians and vegans, this sounds like a really bad idea.

It reminds me of vegans in the Israeli army:
Israeli military adds animal-product-free combat rations for its 50,000 vegan soldiers -- Sott.net
Israeli army to go vegan

has introduced legislation ensuring that Californians confined to prisons and hospitals who prefer not to eat meat have access to plant-based meals.

Well, in Canada that already exists. If you want to eat vegan, you can and if you want to eat casher, you can too and so on.

What is "casher"?

It seems to have many ways to write that word but the definition is:
Kosher foods are those that conform to the Jewish dietary regulations of kashrut (dietary law), primarily derived from Leviticus and Deuteronomy. Food that may be consumed according to halakha (law) is termed kosher ( /koʊʃər/) in English, from the Ashkenazi pronunciation of the Hebrew term kashér (כָּשֵׁר‬, /kɑːʃɛər/), meaning "fit" (in this context, fit for consumption). Food that is not in accordance with law is called treif (Yiddish: טרײף‎, /treɪf/, derived from Hebrew: טְרֵפָה‎ trāfáh) meaning "torn."

Given how many nutritional deficiencies (zinc, iron, omega3, etc.) that Raine described in Anatomy of Violence can be linked to aggression, and how many of them are also common in vegetarians and vegans, this sounds like a really bad idea.

It reminds me of vegans in the Israeli army:
Israeli military adds animal-product-free combat rations for its 50,000 vegan soldiers -- Sott.net
Israeli army to go vegan

Nancy Skinner is just another Deep State operative promoting recidivism through a dietary agenda imho. Her legislative powers include (but are not limited to):
Hungry Free Kids Act –AB 402: In 2011 Skinner passed a bill updating the CalFresh program.[10] Children in the program live in households struggling to make ends meet. CalFresh can help struggling families have access to daily nutritious meals, yet thousands were not enrolled, the bill makes it easy for these families to be enrolled and receive the food assistance they need.

I doubt if the prisons, elderly care facility's, or the susposed hospital dietitian's have any real formal knowledge of what are the best food choices. For those (that are emotionally addicted), in the long run of there rehabilitation.

California Labor Federation makes June primary endorsements - Political Blotter
Posted on April 6, 2016 by Matt Artz
Always an important endorsement that comes with money and boots on the ground. Here are partial results. To see the full list, click here.
U.S. Senate: Kamala Harris (over Loretta Sanchez)
House of Representatives: Mike Honda (over Ro Khanna)

State Senate:
District 9 (Oakland to San Pablo) Nancy Skinner AND Sandre Swanson
District 15 (San Jose) Jim Beall (over Nora Campos)
BIG SNUB — No endorsement in District 11, where Democrat Steve Glazer still wants to ban BART strikes

State Assembly:
District 27 (San Jose) Ash Kalra (over Madison Nguyen, Esau Herrera, Andres Quintero, et. al)
District 24 (Peninsula) Marc Berman and Vicki Veenker
District 14 (Contra Costa) Mae Torlakson (over Tim Grayson)

Deep State Black Helmets in California

SD9: School funding activist launches campaign - Political Blotter
Posted on October 23, 2015 by Josh Richman
Snip:
Katherine Welch, an education funding activist from Piedmont, will formally announce her 9th State Senate District candidacy Saturday, joining two longtime East Bay politicos in the race.

Welch, 54, was registered as a Republican as of early 2014 but is running as a Democrat against Democratic former Assembly members Nancy Skinner of Berkeley and Sandre Swanson of Alameda, as well as San Pablo Vice Mayor Richard Kinney, a Republican.

“I’ve always been a Democrat, if you look at my political contributions,” Welch said Friday, adding that registering for a time with the GOP “was more my frustration with the political process than about the candidates I support … It was a little bit of a protest.”

Campaign finance records support her claim. Welch has contributed to the unsuccessful Proposition 34 of 2012, to abolish the death penalty; ActBlue California, an online Democratic fundraising clearinghouse, in 2012 and 2014; Joan Buchanan’s and Sandra Fluke’s unsuccessful Democratic state Senate campaigns in 2014; and Democrat Betty Yee for state controller in 2014. And her federal contributions dating back to 2004 have supported only Democrats.

She also sank money into last year’s effort by Educate Our State – a nonprofit of which she’s a board member and former chairwoman – to field a ballot measure that would’ve protected local property tax revenues designated for schools from being borrowed or otherwise re-directed by state lawmakers. The measure failed to get enough petition signatures to qualify for the ballot.

Welch said Friday she’s making her first run for public office partly to encourage more moms like herself to “go up there (to Sacramento) and start talking about the things we’re not talking about in this state” – mainly, about fully committing to full funding for public schools.

“I’m fortunate enough that I have the time and the passion to do it,” she said, adding that “this whole ‘it’s my turn’ mentality” among politicians is unhealthy for the state and nation.

But asked whether Skinner’s and Swanson’s platforms are lacking, Welch replied, “I’m not running against anyone. … It’s not a question of who’s more progressive, it’s a question of priorities.”

She’s running because “kids, public education and people who don’t really have a voice in Sacramento,” she said. “Money and power and lobbyists have a voice, and kids don’t.”

Welch is working with Democratic political strategist Lisa Tucker of Pleasant Hill, who has worked for figures including former Rep. Ellen Tauscher, D-Alamo, and Rep. Eric Swalwell, D-Dublin. Though she tweeted her intent to run on Sept. 23, she and about 100 of her supporters will kick off her campaign at 11 a.m. this Saturday, Oct. 24 in Crocker Park, 81 King Ave. in Piedmont.

Welch served on the board of Gateway Public Schools, a pair of public charter schools in San Francisco, from 2008 to 2014; she currently serves on the board of Head Royce School, an exclusive and very expensive private school in the Oakland Hills. She worked as an analyst for Goldman Sachs for a few years in the 1980s, then as an operations manager for a film and video service, and then as associate director of the Breakthrough Collaborative, a San Francisco nonprofit that helps high-potential, low-income middle school students reach college and inspires high school and college students to pursue careers in education. She holds a bachelor’s degree in public policy studies from Duke University and an MBA from Harvard University.

The 9th District – from which state Sen. Loni Hancock, D-Berkeley, will be term-limited out next year – is a swath of Contra Costa and Alameda counties from Rodeo in the north to San Leandro in the south, including Oakland, Berkeley, Alameda, Piedmont, Emeryville, Richmond, El Cerrito, San Pablo, Hercules, Kensington and other communities. The district’s voter registration is 63 percent Democrat, 8 percent Republican and 21 percent independent.

References: Home - FollowTheMoney.org 1

Hope I'm not posting too much too soon....

But, I've noticed on youtube while researching Carnivore and Keto that videos really just supply you with the info and data you want but I've seen vegan videos by chance who are "reacting/debunking" these videos as requested by fellow vegans and vegetarians. I dont see this in the meat eating community... at least not yet... there seems to be a reassurance that vegans need that their diet is right... almost as if when their beliefs get questioned or videos conflict with it they need someone else to debunk and ridicule that source so they can go back to sleep. I even saw Dr Jordan Peterson being mocked and branded stupid cause of his carnivore diet, which is close to blasphemy in my book.

Anyway, for those that visit their local butcher, when you walk in the store and get that beautiful smell of raw fresh meat, there is not much that can beat it and get you salivating. Gorgeous small and that's raw meat! That reaction doesn't come from a veg eating animal.

I came across the below article this morning. Facebook now joined forces with a company called Raise Vegan which promotes vegan pregnancy and parenting. Neither Facebook nor vegans have a reputation of acting in the best interest of the general public so this kind of reads like a marriage made in hell.

They're already shadow banning politically uncomfortable views, soon enough they'll be blocking carnivores too me thinks.

Facebook Joins Forces with Vegan Company to Promote Plant-Based Lifestyles

Tech giant, Facebook has launched a new pilot program with vegan company, Raise Vegan, Inc. to bring the classroom to parents, in a push to encourage raising children on plant-based diets.

The new subscription-based groups that launched this week, are the virtual classrooms, run by experts in their fields of medical, nutrition and birth. Offering up continuous six-week courses through the Facebook app in partnership with Google and Apple.

Vegan Company Raise Vegan, Inc.
The vegan company that started just a year ago, is an all female-led team based in New York, with offices in Ireland, Australia, and the United Kingdom. Seeing a much needed service for parents, they grew from just a few members, to millions of parents around the world in a matter of months.

They issue the leading print and digital vegan parenting magazine worldwide, while hosting the largest private meet-up groups, and virtual chat groups supporting parents as they raise their families on plant-based diets. As Raise Vegan has been working closely with Facebook developers since 2017, it was a natural progression to hosting the educational vegan groups for the tech giant.

Twenty-five of the groups are in beta testing around the world, including a course run learning group to help educate parents on veganism from conception through to adulthood. Members can join the classrooms by being in the free private groups, such as Vegan Pregnancy and Parenting, and request to join from there.

The $9.99 USD fee is charged to members Android or Apple accounts, and can be cancelled at any time by simply removing yourself as a member.

The introduction of their first virtual classroom led by vegan nutrition experts and registered dietitians, Dahlia Marin and James Marin, a husband and wife team who own the vegan company ‘Married to Health‘, describes how it will help parents be armed with expert information for raising vegan children, offer short masterclasses and provides daily interaction with experts to ask questions and gain knowledge.

To find out more, join the free parenting group on Facebook, Vegan Pregnancy & Parenting

"In a push to encourage raising children on plant-based diets" could easily be replaced by "to push people to raise children on plant-based diets". When did vegans ever use encouragement to promote their agenda? Unheard of.

They're compared to Nazis for a reason and the reason definitely isn't their kind and compassionate manner of promoting their views.

This single news can be more than enough for people on a verge of awakening to see something weird is going on. Facebook is not just a social network platform and vegan diet is far from being proven as a healthy one.

Thank you for sharing Ant22.

I have heard one testimony from my goddaughter this last summer while she was on holidays at home.
She and her classmates had to watch a documentary at school about how animals are badly raised and slaughtered by human people.
Even the teacher had to justify herself and told them that she didn't want to show this video to them but she didn't have the choice.
Another day she had soy steak for lunch, ten children in her class had been sick including her.
All those things are quite new in France but they are getting slowly more frequent.

Moreover, I've been seeing more and more petitions on facebook trying to get signatures for children to get less meat in schools meals.
I really think that vegans are getting more and more powerful in the same way that feminists.
More stubborn and violent...
I know a few vegan people quite tolerant but for the rest, there is no way to have a courteous conversation with most of them.

Back
Top Bottom