Dream of eagles and lion

lids4321

Padawan Learner
A recent dream has left me wondering about the symbolic meaning of an eagle attacking a lion.
From the back seat of a moving car I see a huge lion floating in the air with the neck of a huge limp eagle in its mouth. I ask for the car to stop so I can get out and take a photo with my phone. The screen on my phone shows only the sky, and when I look up again I see that another huge eagle has arrived and is attacking the lion from behind. In the next moment I see the lion falling and tumbling down towards the ground and I sense the eagle is now free. I turn and start running back towards the car.

Hello lids4321,
Your dream is intriguing indeed. For a moment, with having the lion in the air, I wondered if it were not about astrology. Have you been reading anything along those lines lately? Usually when I have a strange dream I first try to remember if any elements are related to what I thought/read/seen/lived lately.
In your dream, there is a dichotomy between the lion, a ground creature, and the eagle, an air creature. The lion flying in the air may denote some anomaly, or an imbalance in concern of some sorte. The eagle is trapped by that imbalance. Maybe prioro to that, the eagle went too close to the earth (something like being too concerned with material matters). The intervention of the huge eagle (like a divine intervention? depends on how you felt it during the dream) restored the balance, and every aspect returns to its "natural" element so to speak.
I know it doesn't help much but that's how I see it, OSIT

Hi lids4321,

From the back seat of a moving car I see a huge lion floating in the air with the neck of a huge limp eagle in its mouth. I ask for the car to stop so I can get out and take a photo with my phone.

Who is driving the car?

Hello lids4321,
Your dream is intriguing indeed. For a moment, with having the lion in the air, I wondered if it were not about astrology. Have you been reading anything along those lines lately? Usually when I have a strange dream I first try to remember if any elements are related to what I thought/read/seen/lived lately.
In your dream, there is a dichotomy between the lion, a ground creature, and the eagle, an air creature. The lion flying in the air may denote some anomaly, or an imbalance in concern of some sorte. The eagle is trapped by that imbalance. Maybe prioro to that, the eagle went too close to the earth (something like being too concerned with material matters). The intervention of the huge eagle (like a divine intervention? depends on how you felt it during the dream) restored the balance, and every aspect returns to its "natural" element so to speak.
I know it doesn't help much but that's how I see it, OSIT

Hello mkrnhr. I cannot recall reading any recent astrology so I'm not sure if the dream is along those lines. However, I did sense the concept of divine intervention but I'm not fully sure of that either. Perhaps I just need to wait and see what eventuates in my life.

Perhaps I just need to wait and see what eventuates in my life.
It's a nice attitude towards dreams to have IMHO. Overthinking them, or even obsessing about them, often restrains the flow of whatever the subconscious is doing through dreams, whether delivering a "message" to the conscious mind or processing stuff on its own. Taking note and cross-referencing with what happens in life (internal and external) is part of the fun :)

Agree. My dreams are now more vivid than ever and so I continue to record them, along with sketches. I do try my best to reflect on their meaning but then life soon gets in the way and I move on. Glimpses of the dream then return to me, usually just out of the blue, with new insights and meaning.

Back
Top Bottom