Interview With Dr. Valdeane Brown - Nonlinear Dynamic Thinking With NeurOptimal Neurofeedback

Gaby

SuperModerator
FOTCM Member
Ever heard of neurofeedback, non-linear dynamics or a “bottom-up” approach towards better health? Have you ever heard of a tool that can help with optimization of the brain’s automatic or unconscious behaviour? Join us on this episode of the Health and Wellness Show as we interview Dr. Valdeane W. Brown, co-creator of NeurOptimal, and learn about our favourite brain-training tool at SOTT.net.

Dr. Valdeane W. Brown is an internationally recognized “trainer of neurofeedback trainers”, who has taught and consulted widely on personal and organizational transformation. With a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology and a background in math, physics, computer programming, philosophy, yoga, meditation and martial arts, Dr. Brown brings a presence and precision to his work. This is further informed by a profound sense of compassion, a facility with energy dynamics and a deep commitment to revealing the elegant simplicity inherent in learning and transformation.

Developer of the Five Phase Model and co-creator with his wife Dr. Sue Brown of the Period 3 Approach to Clinical Neurofeedback, Dr. Brown has realized his vision of a truly comprehensive training system in NeurOptimal. His vision in bringing NeurOptimal to the world is to make personal transformation effortless and available to all.

This is a unique opportunity to hear us pick the brain of one of the most interesting, forward-thinking minds of our time as he illuminates some of the latest information about the brain and the most cutting edge neurofeedback system available. Don't miss it!

Sott.net Radio Network

Fri, 22 Jun 2018 15:00:00 GMT

I won't be able to listen live as I will be at work... but can you ask a big question to help clear up this confusion as to what nfb can and can not do?

-How important is the brain chemistry, like described in Mood Cure- serotonin, gaba, etc... does he recommend any supplementation for specific symptoms or does he think that NO can balance without it? Anything else he might suggest?

I ask because I did do 2 months of NO and even though it's helped my sleep and energy, the feelings of anxiety/worry of the future that I have always have had not faded and recently have been trying to follow the mood cure with some apparent improvement.

It was a really interesting show, thank you all! He speaks quite clearly, I liked his voice and tone, seems serene.
I never thought about brainwaves as a corkscrew! Makes sense.

Regarding your advancements Divide by Zero, maybe it's directly related even though it has not been obvious to you. That's what he said anyway, sometimes our peers are best able to notice changes. We're not always able to assert changes by ourselves.

I haven't yet followed the NFB thread yet so it was a nice in-depth introduction of the potential of the method. I can't afford to do several sessions now but at least one. No point anticipating further, there's much to learn through neuroptimal.com and the dedicated thread.

What I found most surprising was how he insisted on understanding non-linearity. Thoughts loops and thinking errors loops constrain and limit our potentials, even in our way to frame our questions, it connected some dots in a new way. That was like having the Paradox of Change as explained in NARM described in another way.

What an interesting tool to be able to mirror your subconscious, I wonder how could it happen (if it happens at all) naturally? Because gaining knowledge of the processes involved in our own dysregulations seem to help to regulate, at least that is what I see in myself. And even though that very device does just that, I suggest it may also happen under certain favorable conditions.

The group experiences he talked about were really worth considering! It made me think about the question Ark formulated in the last session. Some interesting synchronicities here.

Thanks again!

Thank you for the great show it is really interesting. I have to divide it up into parts to digest everything he is talking about.

What an interesting tool to be able to mirror your subconscious, I wonder how could it happen (if it happens at all) naturally? Because gaining knowledge of the processes involved in our own dysregulations seem to help to regulate, at least that is what I see in myself. And even though that very device does just that, I suggest it may also happen under certain favorable conditions.

How about meditation? It's not that easy as turning a device on, so it doesn't work for everyone, though some people manage to increase their self-awareness with meditation.

How about meditation? It's not that easy as turning a device on, so it doesn't work for everyone, though some people manage to increase their self-awareness with meditation.
Normal meditation relaxes me and I'm able to clear my mind, but it didn't seem to "do much". I felt same during the NO sessions, a relaxed state of being. For some, a lot of feelings or images come up and that can be helpful to face issues, but this didn't happen for me.

I have tried some binaural beats/isochronic meditation tracks recently and was able to experience something interesting where I would start zoning out and daydreaming, only to pull myself back to the "now" and feeling a very interesting response in my body. It's like that feeling when you wake up in the morning and lay in bed and go in and out of sleep- riding that edge between wakefulness and sleep. From some descriptions of meditation as working a "muscle" of focus, it does seem like realizing the daydreaming and coming back to the present is most prominent for me using these tracks vs quiet meditation or NO.

I ask because I did do 2 months of NO and even though it's helped my sleep and energy, the feelings of anxiety/worry of the future that I have always have had not faded and recently have been trying to follow the mood cure with some apparent improvement.

I may have missed this somewhere but does your anxiety crop up in specific situations or is it a general all day thing?

I may have missed this somewhere but does your anxiety crop up in specific situations or is it a general all day thing?
Yesterday I got to talk about it with a good friend. It seems to be more of an exhaustion, feeling tired of the constant needs of life, not just the state of the world.

My situation is not bad, so I wasn't seeing why should I feel this while others push through harder things!?
I notice even small things will bug me at times and make me feel annoyed. It just doesn't seem logical. But since it lead to a more negative/irritated mood I was assuming it was a serotonin mood issue according to the mood cure book.

Laura's post on using tyrosine instead of 5htp for her depressive times now makes me think it is not serotonin but a dopamine issue. It might also explain why my sex drive has gone from a low-medium to almost none even in my past relationship. It's not that it wasn't there, but I just didn't feel like bothering to initiate or ask for it.

An excellent show everyone! I was unable to catch it live as I was at work, just wanted to give a massive thanks. Bravo! :hug: :flowers: :thup:

Thank you so much guys - such an insightful show! Thank you Fabric for the transcript also :-)

Can anyone recommend a good NO practitioner here in the UK? Preferably Yorkshire?

Back
Top Bottom