Between Pathogens and Chemical Contaminants, Chicken Is Best Avoided

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
I gave up chicken because my food sensitivities tests said it was highly inflammatory to me. I've felt much better ever since. Of course, I've given up eggs and dairy, too (except butter, which is fat). But really, it wasn't until I firmly turned away from chicken that things really got better. I wonder now, after reading this article, if my test results were due to the factors explained here?

The Filthiest Food You Can Eat, yet Most Think It's the Healthiest

Story at-a-glance
  • Between 2009 and 2015, there were 5,760 reported foodborne outbreaks resulting in 100,939 illnesses, 5,699 hospitalizations and 145 deaths
  • Chicken was responsible for the most outbreak-associated illnesses — 3,114 cases in all (12 percent), followed by pork and seeded vegetables, each responsible for 10 percent of illnesses
  • Food testing through the years has shown that chicken is particularly prone to contamination with dangerous pathogens, including antibiotic-resistant bacteria
  • Raw chicken has become a notorious carrier of salmonella, campylobacter, clostridium perfringens and listeria bacteria. Salmonella contamination is of particular concern, as multidrug-resistant salmonella has become prevalent
  • According to predictions, 10 million people worldwide will die from antibiotic-resistant diseases by 2050 lest swift action is taken to curb resistance — and that necessitates the elimination of unnecessary agricultural use of antibiotics

I think this article nicely follows what you are pointing out Laura.

Food Cartels like Nestle are renaming the ingredients list to hide the truth from the 21st-century informed consumer. Instead of E320 Butylhydroxyanisole (promotes tumors), E910 L-cysteine (human & animal hair), E407 Carrageenan (cancer-causing), you’ll see Rosemary “Extract”, Yeast “Extract” and “Functional” Flour, respectively. Classic bait and switch – don’t be fooled.

As I exit the grocery isle labyrinth, my cart stocked with pristinely packaged slow-kill poison I reach the check-out isles. This is where the Supermarket hyper-targets the children. An infinite variety of sugary shit sucks the attention from them like a vampire sucks blood.

With the children suddenly crippled with sugary lust, the magazine rack full of Tabloids distract the adults. The promise of cheap, low-class thrills gives way to insecurity and self loathing. Seeking comfort, I find a temporary high in that perfectly placed estrogen mimicking, liver scarring Snickers candy bar. I deserve it.

What are they hidding from us

To my previous comment I add this.

PS: By nature I do NOT trust anything produced by companies such as Nestle.
While reading the comments to the mentioned article I saw this one. As I'm not a food science guy I can not take a side. I'm an engineer. I follow the KISS method, keep it simple stupid. Thus if I can I buy it from the farmer ;-)

I think it is worth bringing this comment to the readers attention,
S.N.A.F.U. css1971 Wed, 08/15/2018 - 15:21 Permalink
None of the E shit matters compared to the carb content.​
Absolutely.
As I read the article title I was looking forward to seeing the typical store-supplied diet eviscerated as it should be. Instead TDB ignores all the real problems (and essentially promotes those problems) while bringing up a few secondary issues, a whole lot of extremely minor issues, and several total non-issues.
SODIUM NITRATE/NITRITE (Multiple types of cancer.) Read ingredient lists to avoid.​
This appears to be wrong. There was apparently one shitty study that indicated a link, and no one's been able to reproduce it.
Furthermore, though you won't find it on the ingredients list, vegetables like celery contain sodium nitrate, and when sodium nitrate reacts with saliva it converts to sodium nitrite. So, yeah, TDB is claiming that celery causes cancer, but he doesn't even know it because he's so nutritionally ignorant.
Carrageenan (cancer-causing)​
This was based on another single-instance junk study. I've actually looked into this one in the past. The crazy bitch that did this study didn't even use carrageenan in the -flicking-g study. She used something that can only be produced from carrageenan under extreme conditions (higher temperatures than any food frying temperature, and highly acidic). There's neither evidence nor any mechanisms by which carrageenan can convert to the substance she tested in the human body, nor during cooking, nor any evidence that carrageenan itself has the effects her study suggested.
"ACRYLAMIDE (Carcinogen.)"
I expected this article to talk about real hazards - such as sugar (especially fructose) and starches. You could eat french fries every day of your life and the chances of getting cancer from the acrylamide are likely on the order of getting killed by a bolt of lightning. On the other hand, the chances of the starch in those french fries contributing to you ending up with diabetes, heart disease, cancer, metabolic disorder, and/or fatty liver disease is rather high (same order of magnitude as 50%). Sugars and starches also contribute to depression, leaky gut syndrome, Alzeihmers, tooth decay, chronic fatigue, weight (fat) gain, and about a zillion other conditions.
I also expected this article to talk about stuff like "grass-fed beef" which is effectively a lie. Many meat producers feel free to use the label "grass-fed" as long as the cattle has eaten grass anytime in their whole life, but that meaning is bullshit because it doesn't control the nutritional value of the meat/fat produced. "Grain finished" meat (which hardly anyone advertises their meat as being anymore even though most meat is) is deficient in vitamin K2, and that leads to mass K2 deficiencies in western world humans which is a major contributor to artery calcification (arteriosclerosis), kidney calcification (kidney stones), possibly oral calcification (tartar), and calcification of other bodily tissues (and I believe joint issues as well). "Grain finished" meat is also much lower in omega 3 fatty acids (which most people are deficient in) and much higher in omega 6 fatty acids (which most people are getting FAR too much of).
Do I even need to explain to anyone here why they should be staying the hell away from the vegetable oils? (Polyunsaturated fatty acids are unstable. They oxidize readily, even more so if you cook with them [basic chemistry: higher temperature = more reactions], and they then go on to create oxidative stress in your body when you eat them. Monounsaturated is more stable. Saturated is the most stable. Animal fats, especially good ones, are high in saturated and monounsaturated fats and low in poly-unsaturated fats. There are a few plants [like coconuts] that also yield oil very high in saturated fats. Another issue with vegetable oils is that they are mostly omega 6 fatty acids, which is a pro-inflammatory that most people get too much of.)
If the author is so concerned about cancer, besides sugars/starches (which contributes to cancer via both inflammation and metabolic syndrome routes), maybe he would bring up how most people are magnesium deficient, and magnesium deficiency both increases DNA copy errors AND degrades the ability to correct those errors when they happen, greatly increasing cancer risks. Some mandatory food labeling for vital nutrients like magnesium would help shoppers determine that they are falling far short of what they need. (Admittedly only a small fraction would actually benefit from that though - most people don't really seem to care about their health enough to even know HOW to eat right, much less do so.)
And if the article is going to call stores a "deadly food jungle", maybe he could point out that one of the most nutritionally hazardous food groups is seeds/nuts/legumes because they contain phytic acid which leaches minerals from your gut - you can cut the amount of minerals you get from a meal by 50% by ADDING some of these foods to the meal. Furthermore these foods can contain other substances (lectins, amylase inhibitors, tannins, etc.) which are there to attack whoever eats these foods. (These chemicals are defense mechanisms that plants have evolved to discourage animals from eating their babies, and in some cases to protect them as they travel through an animal's digestive tract.)

I saw this article yesterday and was pretty shocked to see how bad those statistics were. I would bet that this may have contributed to the sensitivities at least. It is interesting to note that food IgG antibodies do not always mean to FOOD itself, but rather what is attached to the food proteins. In this case, nasty environmental chemicals and pathogenic antigens can bind with the protein, rendering it : 1. more difficult to digest, and 2. more antigenic.

As part of one of the lectures I recently studied for some training I am currently undertaking, Dr Vojdani (from Cyrex Labs) explained an interesting phenomena whereby pesticide residues actually covalently bond with food (e.g peanut) proteins, making them almost impossible to break down, and then activating the gut-associated immune tissue. The same thing applies with the food colourings etc.

The modification of the food supply renders these ordinary foods 100% foreign entities, so the immune system naturally reacts with force for good reason.

I would be interested in whether the chicken sensitivity was present against chicken reared on pasture, rather than purchased via an ordinary route. Supermarket (organic) chicken always gives me stomach upset, whereas the (MUCH more expensive) chicken we purchase now from a pasture/organic farm causes no issues whatsoever, and is actually a pleasure to eat.

I stopped eating poultry years ago, and only recently tried some chicken and I didn't find it appetizing at all, it probably has to do with all the nasty stuff that they are exposed to nowadays. Egg yolks seem fine to me, but the egg whites cause problems so I stopped eating them. In terms of dairy, the only thing that doesn't seem to be causing noticeable problems is goat or sheep cheese.

Reactions: SMM
I saw this article yesterday and was pretty shocked to see how bad those statistics were. I would bet that this may have contributed to the sensitivities at least. It is interesting to note that food IgG antibodies do not always mean to FOOD itself, but rather what is attached to the food proteins. In this case, nasty environmental chemicals and pathogenic antigens can bind with the protein, rendering it : 1. more difficult to digest, and 2. more antigenic.

As part of one of the lectures I recently studied for some training I am currently undertaking, Dr Vojdani (from Cyrex Labs) explained an interesting phenomena whereby pesticide residues actually covalently bond with food (e.g peanut) proteins, making them almost impossible to break down, and then activating the gut-associated immune tissue. The same thing applies with the food colourings etc.

The modification of the food supply renders these ordinary foods 100% foreign entities, so the immune system naturally reacts with force for good reason.

I would be interested in whether the chicken sensitivity was present against chicken reared on pasture, rather than purchased via an ordinary route. Supermarket (organic) chicken always gives me stomach upset, whereas the (MUCH more expensive) chicken we purchase now from a pasture/organic farm causes no issues whatsoever, and is actually a pleasure to eat.

Well, I've tried locally grown, field raised chickens and they are a no-go too. Eggs really affect me. Can't eat most nuts and seeds. It's astonishing the number of things I can't eat. I wonder lately if it is related to that PMM2 gene mutation I have?

Well, I've tried locally grown, field raised chickens and they are a no-go too. Eggs really affect me. Can't eat most nuts and seeds. It's astonishing the number of things I can't eat. I wonder lately if it is related to that PMM2 gene mutation I have?
Can I ask what happens when you eat nuts? I eat nuts sometimes for the fastfood aspect, i.e. lazyness, but I'm not sure if that's good for me, but I don't recognize any symptoms/problems with that directly.

I get stronger meat sweat from chicken than from other meat it seems, especially if it's not organic. And I used too eat a lot of eggs in the last years, but I'm reducing this lately because it seems to raise stiff neck and even dizziness for me, maybe related to too much vitamin D to which I became sensible?

Can I ask what happens when you eat nuts? I eat nuts sometimes for the fastfood aspect, i.e. lazyness, but I'm not sure if that's good for me, but I don't recognize any symptoms/problems with that directly.

I get stronger meat sweat from chicken than from other meat it seems, especially if it's not organic. And I used too eat a lot of eggs in the last years, but I'm reducing this lately because it seems to raise stiff neck and even dizziness for me, maybe related to too much vitamin D to which I became sensible?

When I eat nuts, I get aches and pains, lots of phlegm (constantly clearing the throat), foggy head, etc. That's pretty much the reaction to most of the things I'm sensitive to though it can vary in intensity and location of pains.

Interesting find. Thank you for this insight. I'll have to give it a try. Just had 2 eggs this morning with coconut butter.

Always look for local farmers whose chickens are bug eating producers. But, I've also seen some of the same locals use the streams as dump lines. Indicating a lack of knowledge of cause and effect. With some here as well using chemicals for weed control.

Not to mention, that some of the chicken holding pens (and areas), look very unsanitary and a breeding ground for germs.

Crazy times, but Knowledge prevails. :perfect:

Last edited:
Reactions: SMM
lots of phlegm (constantly clearing the throat), foggy head
Thanks, Interesting. Certainly applies to me as well.
Aches and pains I had a lot when I was still eating a lot of grains (bread, buns, noodles, rice) but not anymore, and it comes back if I try those things again.

When I started eating much eggs years ago I didn't have any problems and it felt very good. Those eggs were mostly from our own chickens which ran freely around the house, having sun as well as shadow, always on the move, eating a lot of grass / green plants and insects and worms etc.
Even organic free-range chickens don't have much of that. These chickens tend to not even go outside because all they have there is a barren meadow with not many plants, no trees, no shadow, no insects etc., surrounded by empty monoculture fields.

I have always wonder how can a bird that is given overdose of antibiotics,no sunlight and a minimum of four week for maturity be classified as high quality meat. I have a few friends who rear birds in high technology tunnel ventilated chicken houses. These birds are control by computers in their feeding and sleep patterns. Have not eaten chicken in over 11 yrs,however,my kids love it so i have to allow them to enjoy until they are older.

Kentucky Fried Chicken and the Frankenstein Poultry Affair: Why Did Kentucky Fried Chicken Really Change Its Name?

Like most of the long-established and successful fast food franchises, Kentucky Fried Chicken has been the subject of a number of urban legends concerning its food or practices. Some of the myths are routinely transferred from one establishment to another, as, for instance, rumors of racist practices of Church’s Fried Chicken or Popeye’s being transferred to KFC, but others tend to stick to the fried chicken giant like the grease clings to your fingers. One of the more recent urban myths has to do with the name.
Kentucky Fried Chicken Changed its Name to KFC Because…
The U.S. government forced it to. Upon discovering that the Kentucky Fried Chicken being served was so full of additives, or so genetically manipulated, that it was actually Kentucky fried mystery meat, the U.S. government got so upset that it forced the company to change its name to KFC, since it wasn’t proper or legal to call such a product chicken. It is sometimes added that this government action was in response to a study done by the University of New Hampshire that showed that real chickens weren’t used in the product, but genetically modified animals with no beaks, feet, or even feathers were being used (no plucking!) Or that they were breeding birds with extra large breasts and multiple legs! One internet version claimed that these “genetically manipulated organisms” were being kept alive by tubes inserted into their bodies to pump blood and nutrients, and their bone structure was shrunk to get more meat.
kfc.jpg
KFC in Hong Kong, Image by Terence Ong via Wikimedia

This is, of course, poppycock, and no such study ever took place. You should notice, as well, that in most versions of the myth no specific government department is ever named. These rumors were at their height from 1999 into the early 2000’s. To summarize: Kentucky Fried Chicken did Not “legally” have to change its name.

Just a modicum of thought concerning the details of the myth should be enough to convince you of its absurdity. One, is genetic science advanced enough to produce such chickens? No. Two, just ask yourself why in the world would it be deemed economical to use complicated feeding tubes and machines to pump blood and nutrients in order to keep thousands upon thousands of chicken-like creatures alive. It’s not just absurd, the whole thing is moronic.
The Real Reason Kentucky Fried Chicken Changed Its Name to KFC
The name of Kentucky Fried Chicken was changed to KFC in 1991 and the biggest reason that the company changed the name was because the public, starting in the 1980s, was becoming more health conscious and they wanted to play down the “fried” part of the name, since PR research suggested that people did not want to be reminded they were eating fried food. They couldn’t very well call it “Kentucky Chicken,” could they? Besides, people had already been calling it KFC for years.

The really bad thing about this is that I really do LIKE chicken!!! I love it fried and barbecued, and breasts poached in coconut milk with tarragon, etc etc. But it does make me feel bad so I don't eat it except once in awhile when I am sorely tempted and then I pay for it.

I remember eating Kentucky Fried Chicken some time in the 80's, and feeling drugged afterward. Like I had taken some prescription drug or something. I think that was about the time that the food industry really changed, and almost all at once the same toxic additives showed up in almost everything.

I think it was about the time they came out with 'new' coke. It was roundly rejected, but I am sure that they slowly changed it back to the chemical soup that they desired in the first place. I guess they learned if you are going to make those kinds of changes, you have to do it slowly, so that no one really notices.

Thank you for the information. It is very rare for me to eat chicken.

When I was young and that Kentucky Chicken was very popular I knew a girl that worked in a Kentucky store and told me that every chicken was cleaned with bleach. There is a reason they give a sauce with the chicken, and people love Kentucky chicken specially because of the sauce.

With all these food that are poisoned how miraculous to still be alive. The human body is very strong.

I have always wonder how can a bird that is given overdose of antibiotics,no sunlight and a minimum of four week for maturity be classified as high quality meat. I have a few friends who rear birds in high technology tunnel ventilated chicken houses. These birds are control by computers in their feeding and sleep patterns. Have not eaten chicken in over 11 yrs,however,my kids love it so i have to allow them to enjoy until they are older.

Kentucky Fried Chicken and the Frankenstein Poultry Affair: Why Did Kentucky Fried Chicken Really Change Its Name?

Like most of the long-established and successful fast food franchises, Kentucky Fried Chicken has been the subject of a number of urban legends concerning its food or practices. Some of the myths are routinely transferred from one establishment to another, as, for instance, rumors of racist practices of Church’s Fried Chicken or Popeye’s being transferred to KFC, but others tend to stick to the fried chicken giant like the grease clings to your fingers. One of the more recent urban myths has to do with the name.
Kentucky Fried Chicken Changed its Name to KFC Because…
The U.S. government forced it to. Upon discovering that the Kentucky Fried Chicken being served was so full of additives, or so genetically manipulated, that it was actually Kentucky fried mystery meat, the U.S. government got so upset that it forced the company to change its name to KFC, since it wasn’t proper or legal to call such a product chicken. It is sometimes added that this government action was in response to a study done by the University of New Hampshire that showed that real chickens weren’t used in the product, but genetically modified animals with no beaks, feet, or even feathers were being used (no plucking!) Or that they were breeding birds with extra large breasts and multiple legs! One internet version claimed that these “genetically manipulated organisms” were being kept alive by tubes inserted into their bodies to pump blood and nutrients, and their bone structure was shrunk to get more meat.
kfc.jpg
KFC in Hong Kong, Image by Terence Ong via Wikimedia

This is, of course, poppycock, and no such study ever took place. You should notice, as well, that in most versions of the myth no specific government department is ever named. These rumors were at their height from 1999 into the early 2000’s. To summarize: Kentucky Fried Chicken did Not “legally” have to change its name.

Just a modicum of thought concerning the details of the myth should be enough to convince you of its absurdity. One, is genetic science advanced enough to produce such chickens? No. Two, just ask yourself why in the world would it be deemed economical to use complicated feeding tubes and machines to pump blood and nutrients in order to keep thousands upon thousands of chicken-like creatures alive. It’s not just absurd, the whole thing is moronic.
The Real Reason Kentucky Fried Chicken Changed Its Name to KFC
The name of Kentucky Fried Chicken was changed to KFC in 1991 and the biggest reason that the company changed the name was because the public, starting in the 1980s, was becoming more health conscious and they wanted to play down the “fried” part of the name, since PR research suggested that people did not want to be reminded they were eating fried food. They couldn’t very well call it “Kentucky Chicken,” could they? Besides, people had already been calling it KFC for years.
And this week "big news" in Macedonia was that KFC will open two big fast food restaurants in two different cities.
So, it will be a forbidden place for me and my family. We usually cock our food at home but this is a information that we should know. I will also tell this info to all my friends so they will have more info when deciding to eat at KFC or not.

Back
Top Bottom