price of silver and gold after the dollar crashes

Someone on another thread mentioned that they bought their gold from Apmex. I live in England, so I was wondering if there was a UK equovalent to Apmex or if prople living in UK bought from them to. I think unconsciously I was pushing back buying precious metal because it make everything much more real. Oh well.

Hi DianaRose94, I live in the UK too and I buy my gold from Bullion By Post: Gold Bars - Buy Gold Bars Online UK | BullionByPost®

They have different options to choose from, the one I buy is the minted bars with an Assayer's signature on them. Here's an example: PAMP 1g Gold Bar | BullionByPost - From £43 They're more expensive but according to the research I've done before I started buying gold, they're easier to sell.

You can choose different amounts too. I buy my gold at the end of the month when I know how expensive the month was and how much I can afford as I am not exactly a rich person. In most cases it's 1 or 2.5 gram, but sometimes it's 5 or 10 gram. The amounts do add up over time and I now have a pretty little collection :-)

PAMP is a credible manufacturer of gold bullion and I found Bullion By Post listed on their website when I was trying to find a credible seller. If you choose Europe and then the UK from the drop down menu you'll see a list of suppliers: PAMP | Where to Buy They ship via recorded and signed for delivery and I've never had any issues. The delivery is free for you and insurance if paid for by the seller so if it does go missing you'll get your money back.

Initially I was a bit concerned that if the poo hits the fan the Big Brother will have a record of who has gold and request it to be returned or sold back to them for peanuts. Well, since I don't use official storage facilities but store my gold myself I can always say I sold it for cash - or it was stolen. :whistle:

It's best to walk into your local gold coin shop in person with cash and walk out immediately with the gold or silver. A lot of people have been ripped off when there is any delay or shipping involved.

I can imagine that different suppliers and countries offer different levels of security and if I was buying gold or silver coins from a shop I'd much prefer to do what hlat suggested: purchase them in person. Just in case the shop offers basic shipment only as that would involve some risk.

Here in the UK postal services are actually quite credible, especially when it comes to insured, tracked and signed for services. I did have packages going missing and I have been fully refunded for the value in those cases so the option I described above works well for me. They also have facilities in North America but I cannot comment on the security of postal services over there. Here, they offer a free and top of the range insurance and tracking.

Last edited:
Hi DianaRose94, I live in the UK too and I buy my gold from Bullion By Post: Gold Bars - Buy Gold Bars Online UK | BullionByPost®

They have different options to choose from, the one I buy is the minted bars with an Assayer's signature on them. Here's an example: PAMP 1g Gold Bar | BullionByPost - From £43 They're more expensive but according to the research I've done before I started buying gold, they're easier to sell.

You can choose different amounts too. I buy my gold at the end of the month when I know how expensive the month was and how much I can afford as I am not exactly a rich person. In most cases it's 1 or 2.5 gram, but sometimes it's 5 or 10 gram. The amounts do add up over time and I now have a pretty little collection :-)

PAMP is a credible manufacturer of gold bullion and I found Bullion By Post listed on their website when I was trying to find a credible seller. If you choose Europe and then the UK from the drop down menu you'll see a list of suppliers: PAMP | Where to Buy They ship via recorded and signed for delivery and I've never had any issues. The delivery is free for you and insurance if paid for by the seller so if it does go missing you'll get your money back.

Initially I was a bit concerned that if the poo hits the fan the Big Brother will have a record of who has gold and request it to be returned or sold back to them for peanuts. Well, since I don't use official storage facilities but store my gold myself I can always say I sold it for cash - or it was stolen. :whistle:

I can imagine that different suppliers and countries offer different levels of security and if I was buying gold or silver coins from a shop I'd much prefer to do what hlat suggested: purchase them in person. Just in case the shop offers basic shipment only as that would involve some risk.

Here in the UK postal services are actually quite credible, especially when it comes to insured, tracked and signed for services. I did have packages going missing and I have been fully refunded for the value in those cases so the option I described above works well for me. They also have facilities in North America but I cannot comment on the security of postal services over there. Here, they offer a free and top of the range insurance and tracking.

Oh thank you very much for all these information. If sh*t hit the fan, it wasn't Big Brother I was worried, but my fellow neighbours. When the economy and institutions crumble, senseless violence creeps up and dare I say becomes the norm. I didn't realise that some gold were easier to sell than other. Is it something to do with their property? I'll go with the one you buy. Thank you!

Reactions: Ca.
Oh thank you very much for all these information. If sh*t hit the fan, it wasn't Big Brother I was worried, but my fellow neighbours. When the economy and institutions crumble, senseless violence creeps up and dare I say becomes the norm. I didn't realise that some gold were easier to sell than other. Is it something to do with their property? I'll go with the one you buy. Thank you!

The type of gold bullion I linked it sealed by the manufacturer and it comes with its own certificate number. On top of that you get a proof of purchase from a credible source. One is an email confirmation and another one is a purchase receipt that arrives with your gold in an envelope. If you buy bullion of this type today you can sell it for pretty much the same price tomorrow. If you buy jewelry for example, you'll lose money on it if you decide to sell it.

Also, gold bullion is almost 100% gold, unlike jewelry and coins which have other metals added to it. This is because gold is actually quite soft.

9 karat gold comes with a stamp 375 which means it only has 37.5% of real gold in it.
14 karat gold comes with 585 stamp and 58.5% of gold content.
18 karat gold comes with a 750 stamp and 75% of gold content. If you've seen jewelry of this quality, it often has scratches on it as it is quite soft.

Here's more information: Gold Carats Explained - Metal Guide | H.Samuel

Same thing goes for coins, they too are made of gold and other metals added to it. Unlike jewelry they are much more stable in price but you'd need to purchase reputable coins. They're usually quite expensive so buying a gram or two of pure gold bullion is easier for me than buying coins which cost hundreds of Pounds.

I don't think anyone can predict what's going to happen in case of an economic crash really. That's why I buy what I can afford comfortably and without any financial pressure as opposed to buying loads becuase OMG THE ECONOMIC CATASTROPHE IS COMING! :-O If the world events decide to surprise us and there's no massive economic breakdown (long live Putin and his interfering with the PTB plans ;-)) then I'll have some nice gold in addition to my pension :cool2:

From what I've read about gold, bullion seems to be the safest gold investment and that's why I opted for it. That's what super rich people tend to invest in - although they go for kilograms, not grams. That said, it would probably be good idea to balance your portfolio with a couple of coins too - as long you have some certificate to go with it. There seems to be quite a lot of fake gold (and gold plated "gold") out there so it's better to be safe. Bullion By Post sells coins too if you're interested. They come with a purchase certificate and the same secure shipping that their gold bullion comes with.

Have a look into silver bullion too. I have bought some silver bars in addition to my collection too just to have a bit of variety in my wee little portfolio.

I live in USA and have bought from JM Bullion for many years never been ripped off or lost a shipment..
100.oo usd $ mininmum order FREE shipping ...
THEY HAVE OFFICES IN Texas & Las Vegas USA..
I have one great Local shop as well that I have bought and sold with !
( some states charge Tax some don't ) ( some have to deal with you especially selling to them as the same as a Pawn Shop
ID etc....)

Reactions: Ca.
I live in USA and have bought from JM Bullion for many years never been ripped off or lost a shipment..
100.oo usd $ mininmum order FREE shipping ...
THEY HAVE OFFICES IN Texas & Las Vegas USA..
I have one great Local shop as well that I have bought and sold with !
( some states charge Tax some don't ) ( some have to deal with you especially selling to them as the same as a Pawn Shop
ID etc....)
as i have said before most of my Silver is in 1 oz rounds but i do have 1/2 oz and 1/4 oz rounds

Looks like the retest on the lows for the PMs are about over...The $1200 retest has occurred and given the hold/short count, things should reverse... either quickly after a low retest or after a few days going nowhere, especially if that short squeeze gets started.... same as what's quite the other markets up for the last decade... reversal pattern here would signal the same reversal for the other markets... which would trigger the entire house of cards to start falling. The only real problem for the PMs is being priced in dollars... thus, as goes the dollar, so goes the PMs... until the dollar collapse comes and all the other markets go into collapse mode... which should be fun to watch.

In the USA I have also bought a big bag of "junk silver" which are older coins that are 90% silver. They are quite cheap and should do well in a barter type economy after a collapse or during hyper inflation since they are well known and of small weights for small transactions. A one ounce gold coin might be good for buying a car but nothing smaller. An ounce of silver could even become worth an unwieldy sum. But an old 10 cent piece should basically be a 20 dollar bill and a quarter a 100. That's my thinking.

Preppers in Germany might want to consider buying German 5 D-Mark circulation coins, minted from 1951-1979 which contain 62.5 % silver (= 7 grams). Due to the current silver fixing rates they have a net worth of 3.50 €.
While the series of 5 DM commemorative coins can be bought at fair prices, the 5 DM Silberadler (silver eagle) might be more expensive if in good condition and is usually sought for by collectors.

Beware of 5 DM commemorative coins younger than 1979 which are made of nickel alloy.

Still doing the 1200$ testing.... shorts could get really squeezed here if they hang around much longer.... some big fish should send a signal soon... today's action points to the stressing that is occuring here and in the major markets.... and given our position, it should point to reversal.

Looks like the 100day Moving Average just crossed the 200 today.... major buy signal... even if corrections back to trendlines occur like they always do... seems the setup and consolidation is about over with all that central bank buying and market topping actions, which are so dependent upon corporate buybacks these days.... does seem like they are seeking to crash it or pop it like a balloon... interesting to watch it in slow motion. Current Price of Gold | Live Gold Price Chart | Per Ounce

This site is good for long term developments:
Andrew Maguire: Gold & Silver 2011 Coiling Action Continues - Will Send Gold Vaulting Above $1,400 - King World News
The Next Major Breakout For Gold
Once we clear current Opex resistance, the next breakout point we are looking at is $1,380. A breach of this technical resistance will bring in very large side-line physical buying and technical short covering sufficient to vault gold quickly above the $1,400 level, which is still $130 below the $1,530 LBMA estimates as fair value for gold in 2019. The wholesale market views gold, and silver for that matter, as very cheap, with the risk/reward is skewed to the upside.

Last edited:
Canada Has Sold All Of Its Gold Reserves

While the central banks of China, Russia and India are major buyers of this metal, surprisingly Canada has dumped all but 77 ounces of their reserves on the market.
According to the February data, total Canadian gold reserves stood at 1.7 tonnes.

The decision to sell came from Finance Minister Bill Morneau.
At the current market rate, the value of 1.7 tonnes of gold comes in at just under CAD$100 million.

ZeroHedge.com is citing Ian Lee, an economist from Carleton University:

[Canada] has no real reason to keep its gold reserves other than adhering to tradition. [..] In the modern financial world, the metal is no longer considered a form of currency. It is a precious metal, like silver … they can be sold like any asset.[..] There are better assets to focus on, the decision to dump gold was wise and astute.

So this is one of the ways the PTB are keeping the gold market (with gold moving from the West to the East) up and running. They are pressuring their underlings, like Bill Morneau, to sell their countries' gold reserves.

Of course there are some other ways, like extracting 40 tons of gold (stolen by ISIS from the Syrian Central Bank at Mosul) from Syria, or withholding 16.5 tons from Venezuela's gold reserves at the Bank of England.

Comment by ZeroHedge
And now, Canada can focus on buying "better assets." As to whether "the government’s decision to dump gold was wise and astute", we'll check back on that at some point in the near future.

Britain did the same a decade ago... which demonstrates which 'partners' in our empire are 'tight' and which ones aren't... meanwhile, we steal all the gold we can from Syria, Venezuela etc.... but those countries are being tested as well.... they should've seen all this coming... but they played along... Venezuela allowed their gold to remain in London for the usual paper trade which they benefit with a small commission.... same with CITGO's refinery in the States.. it should've been moved back home to Venezuela during the Chavez era.... to secure their income stream better against the American Empire.... this should've been common sense.

Canada is a lackey state, always was.... not so much of the American empire, but our collective puppet masters, which explains all the american presidents who seem to do exactly the same thing once in office. All of this is done by the OWO to protect itself while their puppet masters in the SG are outing them.... outing their OWO.... so not if but when.... and everyone looking can see it so easily these days.... how much longer will the SG order their central bank puppets to perform this show? Earnings etc all going down as the markets keep pushing up.... :rotfl:... they and their markets etc all all being outed.... all the political puppets are outing each other with their well known crimes.... the C's warned of this... how crazy it'll get by the end.

The PM markets remain on pace... .currently the paper trade has halted momentum a little as those support trendlines catch up... the gd sales like Canada's is like that little boy sticking his thumb in the dike.... as the tsunami approaches.... it's so crazy it has a sense of beauty to it all.... contrived/engineered chaos.... we are watching that SG endtimes chaos generation script in action.... outing the old, introducing us to the need for their new one.... while most of the herd pay no attention at all if they aren't personally affected.... which is typical anyway... it's all happening in slow motion... maybe so they can maintain control of the chaos they generate. The West will soon run out of these gold sales, gold steals etc..... like in the other commodity markets... the 'pump' is about to end.... so next is the 'dump'.... reversal.

Kind of hard for the OWO Trump and his cronies in COngress to publicly do the same as Canada and sell what's left of the gold reserves... but we may see just that soon enough.... and few of the puppets and pundits will say a thing, unless scripted to do so..... crazy cool, no?
But the charts don't lie... looks like the next gravity test up will do the trick, though it could be a slow grind at the next inflection point before it punches thru.... and the other markets do a reversal pattern...

Of course there are some other ways, like extracting 40 tons of gold (stolen by ISIS from the Syrian Central Bank at Mosul) from Syria, or withholding 16.5 tons from Venezuela's gold reserves at the Bank of England.

:rolleyes: Oops... It was actually the Iraqi Central Bank.

It must be assumed that IS also took any gold they found in banks in other towns and cities in Iraq and Syria.

Here is a snippet from the Washington Post:
“Iraqi officials say large caches of gold and currency were simply buried in the desert — including in one underground vault that was discovered last year under a sand berm south of Kirkuk”.

If ISIS hands over the gold to U.S. forces, their commanders might be given safe passage to an undisclosed location.

Well, remember that ISIS is 'exCIA' covert op training group... .they protect their 'progeny' with those black helicopters picking the 'leaders' up and taking them to safety as the ground troops/jihadis are left to pay the price of their participation in our regime change op. Also remember that ISIS/ISIL/ALQaeda... et al... worked with the usual suspects in our Axis of Evil, be it us, our allies like the House of Saud, Isreal,and Turkey directly, selling the captured oil field's product to Turkey for gold... .which is how they accumulated alot of it... but they have a harder time extracting their war booty out of the country to some offshore bank in the USA or London. So, it seems when are 'allies' or troops pick up this gold, we are just finishing the job/mission/oil sales. This is classic... Spanish Civil War... germany.... et al.... like all imperial false flag ops designed to provide the reason for invasion of the next target, it's literally the same script every time... just the name of the targeted nation changes as the script moves on.

The problem remains that the East is mostly accumulating the PMs, and like most mines or oil fields, the 'new finds/discoveries' keep shrinking... what is 'large' today was tiny in th e past. THough the 'earth changes' in the near future might assist in new discoveries near old fields like the C's mentioned in California.... more chaos to feed the beast..... increasing its appetite just as the food supply gets thinned... same in the PM market... less mining, more consolidation.... less supply for more demand, though that demand is mostly from the central banks, mostly in the East. Hard to tell how much the Chinese CB is keeping or sending off to the Party, but that's true everywhere, as the PMs are the last card played when taking down the OWO. The market topping action is obvious to all at this point, even though they think the Fed and CBs will continue pumping the system.... the real shocker is when the PTB/SG order them to reverse course.. that should be 'fun' to watch, no?

Back
Top Bottom