Trump era: Fascist dawn, or road to liberation?

Thanks c.a. for looking that up.
Unilever is a British-Dutch transnational consumer goods company co-headquartered in London, United Kingdom and Rotterdam, Netherlands. Its products include food and beverages (about 40 percent of its revenue), cleaning agents and personal care products. It is the world's largest consumer goods company measured by 2012 revenue.[5] It is Europe’s seventh most valuable company.[6] Unilever is one of the oldest multinational companies; its products are available in around 190 countries.[7]

So approval for the ice cream promotion came from the British/Dutch. I was pretty shocked to read that ad. Here is the plan we see unfolding set out clearly for a ice cream flavor! I bet the organizations they are promoting are Soros funded. Introducing Pecan Resist Limited Batch!

Reactions: Ca.
how-we-make-ice-cream-90wx80h.png

This fist looks familiar, but with a new ridiculous flavor.

I like Melania Trump, how she conducts herself and keeps doing what she wants to do regardless of all the fake news being spread about her. She also comes across genuine when she says she wants to help children with her project. Here's a short interview from about a month ago. Ignore the NPC abc News White House correspondents (and the commentator guy).

It's sad that organizations don't want to work with her because of their opinion of the administration (that's how I understood it). The fake news directed towards Trump is having such an effect that even joint efforts that could help people are thwarted. But it's good to see she keeps going!

Well, this is Crazy :umm:,
Ben and Jerry's have come out with a new ice cream flavor called, Pecan Resist.
Check out the label. Introducing Pecan Resist Limited Batch! Ben and Jerry's was bought out by a corporation several years ago, not sure which one.

No Ben and Jerry's for me for sure. I bumped into the below tweet by their UK branch yesterday: How ridiculous. There's even a petition attached to that tweet!

The majority of responses pointed out how inappropriate their tweet was so I guess Ben and Jerry's isn't liberals' favourite ice cream brand.

Last edited:
They're, oh so desperate! LMAO
HBO host Bill Maher slammed deceased US cartoon icon Stan Lee, who passed away on Monday, going so far as to blame him for getting Donald Trump elected.

Shortly after the season finale of HBO’s Real Time with Bill Maher aired on Friday night, the comedian published a blog post, crushing the comic book industry and Stan Lee in particular.

READ MORE: The World Mourns as Legendary Marvel Comics' Creator Stan Lee Dies at 95

“The guy who created Spider-Man and the Hulk has died, and America is in mourning. Deep, deep mourning for a man who inspired millions to, I don’t know, watch a movie, I guess,” he said in an opening statement.

Maher criticized the idea that comic books should be defined as “adult” literature, saying that “when you grew up you moved on to big-boy books without the pictures.“ The television host suggested that some twenty years ago people decided not to give up “kid stuff,” and pretended that comics were sophisticated literature.

“And because America has over 4,500 colleges – which means we need more professors than we have smart people – some dumb people got to be professors by writing theses with titles like Otherness and Heterodoxy in the Silver Surfer. And now when adults are forced to do grown-up things like buy auto insurance, they call it “adulting,” and act like it’s some giant struggle,“ Maher quipped.

Whether comic books and graphic novels should be considered adult literature is not new, although in October 2018 the world of literature saw its first graphic novel, Nick Drnaso’s Sabrina, included in the British Man Booker Prize longlist — the first example in the award’s 50-year history. Graphic novels have previously been nominated – and won — the National Book Award, the American equivalent of the Booker. Also, it is impossible not to remember Art Spiegelman’s “Maus,” a story about the Holocaust written in a graphic format, which won a special Pulitzer Prize in 1992.

Possibly the “comic books” that Maher referred to meant the traditional, serialized publications which Stan Lee’s company, Marvel, is mostly known for. Graphic novels and comics share many artistic and literary characteristics, notes Alan Moore, author of Watchmen, one of the most well-known comic books. Moore suggested that the phrase ‘graphic novel’ be dropped, noting that it is nothing more than a marketing term.

Sidenote: 1963 -Value- 2018

Comics, Beer, and Shakespeare: Bill Maher and the low art of comics
Saturday, November 17, 2018
Anybody who's a comic book fan has probably read what Bill Maher has had to say about Stan Lee. Apparently, Maher doesn't see what the big deal is, and he thinks that comic books can't be sophisticated because they contain pictures. I'm not going to go too into Bill Maher here. I lean pretty left, so I appreciate when he criticizes conservatives and Trump. However, he's a tremendous hypocrite for calling out the right for its climate change science denial while espousing scientific illiteracy when it comes to vaccines and GMOs. (And even though he's an atheist like myself, his movie Religulous contained a lot of really bad arguments.)

Anyway, Neil Gaiman said it best with his tweet: "More people cared about Stan Lee’s death than care about Bill Maher alive."

With that said, I wish that people would get over the whole thing with mixing words and pictures. Literature can be high art, correct? So can drawings, right? Why is it bad when you put them together, either in a comic book or a picture book? Most people can't draw much of anything, much less draw well. Artists, including comic book artists, take years and years to develop their skills. When it comes to comic book artists, they not only need to know how to draw, they need to know how to tell a story with pictures. Ever look at a comic and get confused as to what order you should look at things? While the problem might be with you, chances are also good that the artist doesn't know how to construct a page just right so your eye flows naturally from one panel to the next.

I realize that lots of people are already citing works like Maus and Watchmen as examples of the genre achieving high-art status. That's worth mentioning, but even if we didn't have these ready examples, the very notion of panning an entire art form is just ridiculous.

Think of it this way: if the problem with comic books is that they require pictures and can't just use words, then what does that say about every other form of art?

Music? No thank you. I'll just read books of poetry because I don't need somebody to sing it to me! Some of those songs don't even have words!

Those folks who see live productions of Shakespeare? What, they need a bunch of actors to perform the play for them? Why can't they just read it? It's all published in books!

Ever go to an art museum? Why? Don't you know how to read?

The irony of it all is that the basis of Maher's criticism is one that can be leveled much more effectively at the way he makes his living - television. What, that's high art all of a sudden? (I believe that it can be, but if only comics or television can be on the list of high art, I'll put comics first.)

I reckon that Maher probably hasn't looked at a comic book since he was a kid, and he figures that they're all the same as they were back then. (But I also hate the idea of disparaging entertainment made for kids. That can be just as great as anything else.)

I don't expect everybody to have the same depth of knowledge about comics history that I do, but I wonder if Maher would be surprised if he found out that his attitude is rooted in one that was spearheaded by puritanical religious zealots who sought to ban comic books in the 1950s. The medium has been getting more and more respectable over the years, attracting a more diverse audience. I've been reading them for over 30 years, and I used to hear people say stuff like what Maher did all the time. I guess it just kinda shocked me that a guy who did a cameo in Iron Man 3 would be so totally clueless. Surely he knows and interacts with some pretty intelligent comic book readers?

Lastly, he tries to draw a link between the fact that we take comic books seriously in this country and we elected Donald Trump to the presidency. I guess Maher also doesn't know how much more respected comic books are in Europe and Japan.

Whatever. The man likes to feel like he's better than all the rubes out there, but somebody needs to tell him that you need to choose between being condescending and being full of shit. You don't get to do both.

Last edited:
A few months back, in June, Soros purchased $3 million-worth of stock holdings in the New York Times:
13 Jun, 2018 - Soros buys up shares in New York Times
Soros buys up shares in New York Times

This "claim" might be part of Soros influence?

Nov. 16, 2018 - Is Mike Pence Loyal? Trump Is Asking, Despite His Recent Endorsement
Is Mike Pence Loyal? Trump Is Asking, Despite His Recent Endorsement

President Trump’s post-midterm election news conference at the White House last week took a surprising turn when a reporter asked about locking down his 2020 ticket.
“Mike, will you be my running mate?” Mr. Trump asked Vice President Pence, who stood up, raised his hand, and nodded.

“Will you? Thank you. O.K., good,” the president said. “That was unexpected, but I feel very fine.”

But in private Mr. Trump is apparently not feeling so fine. In recent weeks, with his electoral prospects two years from now much on his mind, Mr. Trump has focused on the person who has most publicly tethered his fortunes to him. In one conversation after another he has asked aides and advisers a pointed question: Is Mike Pence loyal?

Mr. Trump has repeated the question so many times that he has alarmed some of his advisers. The president has not openly suggested dropping Mr. Pence from the ticket and picking another running mate, but the advisers say those kinds of questions usually indicate that he has grown irritated with someone.

The answers Mr. Trump gets to his question have varied, depending on whom he asks.
Within the White House, most people he has talked to have assured the president that Mr. Pence has been a committed soldier, engaging in activities that Mr. Trump has eschewed, such as traveling to Hawaii to receive the remains of veterans of the Korean War, or visiting parts of the globe that Mr. Trump has avoided.

But some Trump advisers, primarily outside the White House, have suggested to him that while Mr. Pence remains loyal, he may have used up his utility. These advisers argue that Mr. Trump has forged his own relationship with evangelical voters, and that what he might benefit from more is a running mate who could help him with female voters, who disapprove of him in large numbers.

Others close to the president believe that asking about Mr. Pence’s loyalty is a proxy for asking about whether the vice president’s chief of staff, Nick Ayers, is trustworthy. Mr. Trump has been considering making Mr. Ayers the White House chief of staff to replace John F. Kelly, the retired Marine general — a decision several White House officials say has been with the encouragement of his adult children. But the president has put off making a decision for now.

The conversations were described in interviews with nearly a dozen White House aides and others close to Mr. Trump. But Hogan Gidley, the deputy press secretary, disputed that Mr. Trump had any misgivings, saying, “The president absolutely supports the vice president and thinks he’s doing an incredible job helping to carry out the mission and policies of this administration.”

Mr. Trump has never completely forgotten that during the 2016 campaign Mr. Pence issued a disapproving statement the day after the infamous “Access Hollywood” tape was made public, on which the president was heard making comments boasting about grabbing women’s genitals.

But Mr. Trump has kept close counsel about whether he is seriously considering making a change to the ticket, or simply poll-testing advisers as the campaign begins. And few advisers believe he would really go through with it.

Veterans of previous White Houses described this type of questioning as a frequent occurrence before a re-election campaign begins in earnest.

“The idea of changing a ticket has been discussed by at least some aides in every White House and it almost never happens,” said Dan Pfeiffer, a former communications director for President Barack Obama.

“I would also say the electoral significance of the vice-presidential nominee is one of the most overrated things in U.S. politics, particularly in a re-election, which is almost always a referendum on the performance of the president,” he said. “Changing the No. 2 is not going to change that.”

In 2012, Mr. Obama’s aides briefly talked about replacing Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. with Hillary Clinton for the president’s re-election effort.

In recent weeks, Mr. Pence has stepped into public frays to defend the president, saying that “everyone has their own style” when asked if Mr. Trump’s fiery political and personal language have led to violent acts, including the mass shooting at a Jewish synagogue and bomb threats mailed to prominent Democratic figures.

He has repeatedly vowed consequences for the Saudis over the killing of the dissident journalist Jamal Khashoggi. And before attending the Asia-Pacific summit meeting in Singapore in Mr. Trump’s absence on Wednesday, Mr. Pence forcefully told Myanmar’s leader, Aung San Suu Kyi, that political violence that caused more than 700,000 Rohingya Muslims to flee that country was “without excuse.”

On his Asia trip, Mr. Pence has also called for press freedom even as the president continues to assail journalists back home.

The two men speak daily, sometimes multiple times. But some of Mr. Trump’s advisers believe that the dynamic between the president and Mr. Pence has changed in the first two years of Mr. Trump’s term, part of a pattern in many of Mr. Trump’s relationships.

Some of Mr. Trump’s outside advisers have mentioned Nikki R. Haley, the United States ambassador to the United Nations, a post she plans to leave at the end of the year, and former governor of South Carolina, as a potential running mate. Ms. Haley is close with Mr. Trump’s daughter Ivanka Trump and his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, and Mr. Trump gave her an unusually warm send-off in the Oval Office when she announced she was leaving the United Nations job in September.

And Ms. Haley on the ticket might help Mr. Trump win back the support of women, who voted for Democratic candidates in large numbers in the midterm elections.

But Ms. Haley is less likely to show the same kind of public loyalty as Mr. Pence, a former congressman and governor of Indiana. She recently poked fun at Mr. Trump in a speech at the annual Al Smith Dinner in New York City, where politicians historically make jokes at the expense of themselves and their supporters. And that was after her original speech was toned down, and some of the barbs at Mr. Trump removed, people familiar with the address said.

Some of Mr. Trump’s evangelical supporters feel particularly strongly that making a change would be a mistake.

“Mike Pence is an invaluable asset to President Trump politically, on shaping policy and personnel, and in cementing the epoxy-like bond with evangelicals,” said Ralph Reed, the founder of the Faith and Freedom Coalition. “He is also fiercely loyal, which is the coin of Trump’s realm. The president has said he plans to keep Pence, and that is an infinitely wise decision.”

But some who have studied evangelical voters and their political activity say losing Mr. Pence wouldn’t necessarily be a disaster.
Robert P. Jones, the chief executive of the nonpartisan Public Religion Research Institute, said that the president faced an “at best moderate risk” if he were to drop Mr. Pence from the ticket.

Mr. Jones said that while Mr. Pence may have served as a validating figure for white evangelicals, recent research showed that 7 out of 10 white evangelicals who identify with or lean toward the Republican Party would prefer Mr. Trump over any alternative Republican candidate in 2020.

A third of white evangelicals who support Trump, Mr. Jones said, indicated there was virtually nothing the president could do to shake their trust — which theoretically includes selecting a new running mate.

“At the end of the day evangelicals have become sold not just on Pence but on Trump himself,” Mr. Jones said.

November 17, 2018 - Trump disputes NYT report that he asked aides about Pence's loyalty
Trump disputes NYT report that he asked aides about Pences loyalty World

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump said Saturday that he does not question the loyalty of Vice President Mike Pence and slammed The New York Times for publishing a story suggesting that he had.

11/17/2018 - Trump disputes NYT report that he asked aides about Pence's loyalty
Trump disputes NYT report that he asked aides about Pence's loyalty

President Donald Trump on Saturday reaffirmed his confidence in Mike Pence, repeatedly slamming a report in the New York Times that asserted Trump has questioned the loyalty of his vice president, while claiming against available evidence that the newspaper had not sought comment before publication.

“The New York Times did a phony story, as usual, about my relationship with @VP Mike Pence,” the president wrote on Twitter. “They made up sources and refused to ask me, the only one that would know, for a quote....”

Trump added: “....I can’t imagine any President having a better or closer relationship with their Vice President then the two of us. Just more FAKE NEWS, the Enemy of the People!”

In a story published Friday, the Times reported that Trump has recently been querying White House aides and advisers as to whether they considered Pence loyal ahead of the president’s 2020 reelection campaign.

Earlier Saturday, speaking to reporters at the White House before departing for California to survey damage from the state’s wildfires, Trump dismissed the Times’ report.

Trump, who is known to hold personal loyalty as a deciding factor in many of his friendships and hiring decisions, referred to the vice president as “a trooper” and “a terrific person” who has “already been tested, in many ways.”

“I don’t question his loyalty at all,” the president said of Pence, according to a pool report. “He is 100 percent loyal. It was a phony story.”

Trump also suggested that neither he nor White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders were contacted for comment on the Times’ story.

“How do you do a story like that, and you don’t call the principal?” Trump said. “I would give them a quote, I would say it’s not true. And that’s the end of their story. But they don’t do that.”

The president added: “You know what the quote would be? Mike Pence is 100 percent. Now you can't do your story. So that’s why they don’t like calling me for a quote.”

Maggie Haberman, a White House correspondent for the Times and a co-author of the story (who is also a former POLITICO reporter), disputed the president’s account in a tweet Saturday. Haberman said she corresponded with Sanders via email ahead of the story’s publication, and pointed to a quote from White House deputy press secretary Hogan Gidley that is featured in the story.

“FACT CHECK: Emailed with @PressSec and spoke with first deputy Hogan Gidley, who is quoted,” Haberman wrote online. “POTUS would need to talk to them about why they didn’t provide us with a quote from him.”

Pence was in Singapore on Thursday for the multinational East Asia Summit, where he and National Security Adviser John Bolton talked briefly with President Vladimir Putin of Russia. On Saturday, Pence represented the U.S. at an Asia Pacific Economic Co-operation summit in Papua New Guinea.

Asked by reporters Saturday about the veracity of the report, Pence said he and the president enjoyed “a very close” and “a very strong” relationship, according to a pool report. The vice president also revealed that the story was mentioned in a recent conversation he shared with the president. “It came up,” Pence said. “We had a good laugh.”

Sun Nov 18, 2018 - US Plans Base in Papua New Guinea to Counter China
Farsnews

13960322001430_PhotoI.jpg

The United States announced that it will partner with Australia to redevelop a naval base in Papua New Guinea (PNG) at Manus Island, in an apparent move to ramp up its presence in the South Pacific to counter China perceived influence there.

On a visit to Papua New Guinea's capital, Port Moresby on Saturday, US Vice President Mike Pence stated that Washington “will partner with Papua New Guinea and Australia on their joint initiative at Lombrum Naval Base”, World News reported.

Australia has already announced plans to redevelop the naval base on Manus, the fifth-largest island in Papua New Guinea, which has a strategically vital position overlooking key trade routes across the world.

"We will work with these two nations to protect sovereignty and maritime rights in the Pacific Islands,” Pence said on the sidelines of the APEC (Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation) regional summit in Papua New Guinea.

The Vice president did not, however, clarify how much money the administration of President Donald Trump would contribute to the project, or whether US vessels would be permanently based at Lombrum.

China has already launched a multi-trillion-dollar project, known as the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI), which aims to connect the country to Europe, Africa, the Middle East and beyond via massive infrastructure projects across dozens of countries.

In back-to-back speeches on Saturday, Pence and Chinese President Xi-Jinping presented opposing visions and even engaged in a verbal trade, with the US diplomat threatening Beijing with yet more tariffs.

We've put tariffs on $250 billion in Chinese goods and that number could more than double," Pence said, noting that "we hope for better, but the United States will not change course until China changes its ways".

For his part, the Chinese president who addressed the gathering before Pence, denounced the US administration’s “America First" trade protectionism, saying global trade rules should not be applied "with double standards or selfish agendas”.

He urged the world to "say no to protectionism and unilateralism", warning it was a "short-sighted approach" that was "doomed to failure”.

Xi also touched upon Beijing’s multi-billion-dollar project in Papua New Guinea saying “China has made a strategic decision to always stand together with fellow developing countries. China is committed to strengthening trust and commitment with PNG”.

China has injected at least $5.9 billion of infrastructure spending into the island since 2011.

2018-11-14 - What’s Pence Talking About? The US & China Are Already In A Cold War!
What’s Pence Talking About? The US & China Are Already In A Cold War! - Eurasia Future

Pence’s ominous warning about an imminent “all-out cold war” between the US & China is only newsworthy because it bluntly, albeit belatedly, states the obvious.

Pence seemed to shock many observers who were taken aback by his ominous warning about an imminent “all-out cold war” between the US & China, but most people are either feigning surprise or truly haven’t been following the course of bilateral relations between these Great Powers close enough to understand that this is nothing more than a belatedly blunt statement of fact.

The US is keenly aware that China’s Belt & Road Initiative (BRI) is the single-greatest long-term threat to its global hegemonic position because of its potential to redirect trade routes away from the West and to the People’s Republic, thereby catalyzing a chain reaction of full-spectrum paradigm changes that will in turn accelerate the emerging Multipolar World Order.

The Liberal-Globalist faction of the American permanent military, intelligence, and diplomatic bureaucracies (“deep state”) struggled to respond to this challenge and are sometimes accused of seeking an “accommodation” with China to “responsibility facilitate” this global systemic transition, while the Nationalist faction led by Trump and his ilk are strongly opposed to this trend and are pushing back against it with all their might.

This has seen the US utilize tariffs, sanctions, infowars, Hybrid Wars, the “Lead From Behind” stratagem, and conventional military means (e.g. patrolling the South China Sea) to push back against China’s gradual gains in a bid to retain and ultimately expand its hegemonic leadership.

Seeing as how the US’ methods fall short of a direct kinetic response against China (“hot war”), the present state of affairs between the two is the textbook definition of a “cold war”, albeit one that occasionally flares up in third-party states or non-national domains (e.g. the financial and currency sectors) as a result of this multifaceted hybrid campaign.

Considering the objective reality of International Relations as it presently exists and the most likely trajectory that it’s expected to continue along for the indefinite future, Pence is simply preconditioning the global masses for a more overt intensification of the aforesaid processes that will make it impossible to ignore the ongoing New Cold War between the US and China over the fate of the world order.

November 17, 2018 - As China-US friction rises, their Armies Hold Joint Disaster Drills
As China-U.S. friction rises, their armies hold joint disaster drills | Reuters

r

U.S. Army and China's People's Liberation Army (PLA) military personnel attend a closing ceremony of an exercise of "Disaster Management Exchange" near Nanjing, Jiangsu province, China November 17, 2018. REUTERS/Aly Song

NANJING, China - Soldiers from China and the United States wrapped up a week of joint disaster relief drills on Saturday, in a display of cooperation against a backdrop of worsening ties between the two countries over trade, the disputed South China Sea and self-ruled Taiwan.

Relations between the world’s two largest economies have plumbed new depths under U.S. President Donald Trump, who is due to meet Chinese President Xi Jinping at the G20 summit in Argentina starting late this month.

The exercise, held in the eastern Chinese city of Nanjing, comes a week after Chinese Defence Minister Wei Fenghe and top diplomat Yang Jiechi visited Washington, where U.S. officials urged China to halt militarization of the South China Sea.

But there was no sign of those strains as Chinese and U.S. soldiers simulated plucking people from earthquake-destroyed buildings and treating survivors’ injuries at a People’s Liberation Army (PLA) base on the outskirts of Nanjing.

Troops practiced search and rescue in a small mock-up of a devastated urban area post-earthquake, using sniffer dogs and other gear to search for people buried in the fake rubble.

“Only through more contacts, more exchanges and cooperation in areas of common interest can we effectively increase mutual trust and effectively reduce misjudgments,” Qin Weijiang, deputy commander of the PLA’s eastern theater command, told reporters.

“So I think bilateral exchanges can start from humanitarian and disaster relief exchanges and expand to other areas of common interest.”

Robert Brown, Commanding General of the U.S. Army Pacific, said the exchange was “extremely important”.

“Just as our top leaders work towards building a strong working relationship and understanding, we through confidence-building measures like this DME must also at our level build a strong understanding of each other,” he added, referring to Disaster Management Exchange.

This is the 14th time the joint exchange has been held, which last year took place in the United States.

China’s defense ministry has said it hopes the military relationship can become a “stabiliser” for overall ties with the United States.

All the same, Washington and Beijing swapped barbs over trade, investment and regional security at an Asia Pacific Economic Co-operation (APEC) summit on Saturday in Papua New Guinea.

Regular drills and exchanges are helpful to bilateral relations, particularly at a time of increased friction, but they are not going to fundamentally change the direction that ties are headed, said Michael Chase, a specialist in China and Asia-Pacific security at the RAND Corp.

“These exchanges remain important in that respect even if they aren’t going to solve broader problems in the relationship.”

In case you missed it, Trump's statement on 'Standing with Saudi Arabia'. I suggest you read the whole thing!

Statement from President Donald J. Trump on Standing with Saudi Arabia | The White House

Statement from President Donald J. Trump on Standing with Saudi Arabia
Foreign Policy

Issued on: November 20, 2018

America First!

The world is a very dangerous place!

The country of Iran, as an example, is responsible for a bloody proxy war against Saudi Arabia in Yemen, trying to destabilize Iraq’s fragile attempt at democracy, supporting the terror group Hezbollah in Lebanon, propping up dictator Bashar Assad in Syria (who has killed millions of his own citizens), and much more. Likewise, the Iranians have killed many Americans and other innocent people throughout the Middle East. Iran states openly, and with great force, “Death to America!” and “Death to Israel!” Iran is considered “the world’s leading sponsor of terror.”

On the other hand, Saudi Arabia would gladly withdraw from Yemen if the Iranians would agree to leave. They would immediately provide desperately needed humanitarian assistance. Additionally, Saudi Arabia has agreed to spend billions of dollars in leading the fight against Radical Islamic Terrorism.

After my heavily negotiated trip to Saudi Arabia last year, the Kingdom agreed to spend and invest $450 billion in the United States. This is a record amount of money. It will create hundreds of thousands of jobs, tremendous economic development, and much additional wealth for the United States. Of the $450 billion, $110 billion will be spent on the purchase of military equipment from Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon and many other great U.S. defense contractors. If we foolishly cancel these contracts, Russia and China would be the enormous beneficiaries – and very happy to acquire all of this newfound business. It would be a wonderful gift to them directly from the United States!

The crime against Jamal Khashoggi was a terrible one, and one that our country does not condone. Indeed, we have taken strong action against those already known to have participated in the murder. After great independent research, we now know many details of this horrible crime. We have already sanctioned 17 Saudis known to have been involved in the murder of Mr. Khashoggi, and the disposal of his body.

Representatives of Saudi Arabia say that Jamal Khashoggi was an “enemy of the state” and a member of the Muslim Brotherhood, but my decision is in no way based on that – this is an unacceptable and horrible crime. King Salman and Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman vigorously deny any knowledge of the planning or execution of the murder of Mr. Khashoggi. Our intelligence agencies continue to assess all information, but it could very well be that the Crown Prince had knowledge of this tragic event – maybe he did and maybe he didn’t!

That being said, we may never know all of the facts surrounding the murder of Mr. Jamal Khashoggi. In any case, our relationship is with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. They have been a great ally in our very important fight against Iran. The United States intends to remain a steadfast partner of Saudi Arabia to ensure the interests of our country, Israel and all other partners in the region. It is our paramount goal to fully eliminate the threat of terrorism throughout the world!

I understand there are members of Congress who, for political or other reasons, would like to go in a different direction – and they are free to do so. I will consider whatever ideas are presented to me, but only if they are consistent with the absolute security and safety of America. After the United States, Saudi Arabia is the largest oil producing nation in the world. They have worked closely with us and have been very responsive to my requests to keeping oil prices at reasonable levels – so important for the world. As President of the United States I intend to ensure that, in a very dangerous world, America is pursuing its national interests and vigorously contesting countries that wish to do us harm. Very simply it is called America First!

In other words: "Iran is bad, and yeah, the Saudis killed Khashoggi and maybe even the prince himself was involved, but hey, they got the cash and the oil, so case closed." :rolleyes:

This might be one reason why Trump bows down to Saudi Arabia?

November 13, 2018 - U.S. Offensive Aerospace Capabilities Directed against the Whole Planet: America’s MUOS Satellite Communications System in Sicily
https://www.globalresearch.ca/video-fake-news-muos-maxi-radar/5659755

The M5S (5 Star Movement) divided about the Sicilian maxi-radar”, headlined the Corriere della Sera, thereby spreading a maxi fake news – not about the directorate of the 5 Star Movement, which, after having won an electoral consensus with the “No MUOS” in Sicily, is now backing off – but about the very object of the dispute.

By defining the MUOS station in Niscemi as a “maxi-radar”, they are fooling public opinion into believing that it is an Earth-bound electronic scanning device, and therefore defensive. But on the contrary, the MUOS (Mobile User Objective System) is a new satellite communications system which extends the offensive capacity of the United States to the whole planet.

The system, developed by Lockheed Martin for the US Navy, is composed of an initial configuration of four satellites (plus one in reserve) in a geo-stationary orbit, and linked to four terrestrial stations – two in the United States (Hawaii and Virginia), one in Sicily and one in Australia. The four stations are linked by a network of terrestrial and submarine fibre-optic cables (the station in Niscemi is connected directly to the station in Virginia).

The MUOS, which is already in function, will become fully operational in the summer of 2019, attaining a capacity 16 times superior to that of the preceding systems. It will simultaneously transmit ultra-high frequency coded messages of vocal, video and data material. So submarines and warships, fighter-bombers and drones, military vehicles and on-the-ground units of the US and their allies, will thus be linked to a single command network of control and communications under the orders of the Pentagon, while they are operating anywhere in the world, including the polar regions. (Comment: Feel safer - YET?)

So the MUOS station in Niscemi is not a “Sicilian maxi-radar” which guards the island, but an essential element of the planetary war machine of the United States.

The same role is being played by the other main US and NATO bases in Italy. The Naval Air Station Sigonella, a few kilometres from Niscemi, is the base for the launching of military operations mainly in the Middle East and Africa, carried out by special forces and drones.

The JTAGS (Joint Tactical Ground Station), a US satellite station of the “antimissile shield” deployed at Sigonella – one of the five with global reach (the others are situated in the United States, Saudi Arabia, South Korea and Japan) – serves not only for anti-missile defence, but also for attack operations commanded from advance positions.

The Joint Allied Force Command in Lago Patria (Naples), is under the orders of a US admiral who simultaneously commands the US Naval Forces in Europe (with the Sixth Fleet based at Gaeta in the Lazio) and the US Naval Forces for Africa, whose headquarters are at Naples-Capodichino.

Camp Darby, the largest US arsenal outside of the homeland, supplies the US and allied forces for their wars in the Middle East, Asia and Africa.

The US 173rd Airborne Brigade based in Vicenza, operates in Afghanistan, Iraq, Ukraine and other countries in Eastern Europe.

The bases at Aviano and Ghedi – sites of the deployment of US and Italian fighters under US command, and equipped with B61 nuclear bombs, which, as from 2020 will be replaced by B61-12’s – are an integral part of the Pentagon’s nuclear strategy.

Incidentally, do Luigi Di Maio and the other leaders of M5S [1] remember that they took a solemn engagement with the ICAN (International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons) to ensure that Italy adheres to the UN Treaty, thus liberating Italy from US nuclear weapons?

Published on Nov 6, 2018 (8:18 min.)

June 21, 2018 - Russia warns of a ‘tough response’ to creation of US space force
Russia warns of a ‘tough response’ to creation of US space force

Russian diplomats and politicians are promising repercussions if President Donald Trump’s order to build a U.S. space force is met, citing a treaty banning nuclear weapons in outer space.

"Militarization of outer space is the path to disaster,” Victor Bondarev, head of the Russian Parliament’s Upper House Committee on Defense and Security, told state media Tuesday.

”Let's hope the American political elite still have the remnants of reason and common sense,” Bondarev said. “But if the United States withdraws from the 1967 treaty banning nuclear weapons in outer space, then, of course, not only ours, but also other states, will follow with a tough response aimed at ensuring world security.”

Bondarev appeared to be referencing the 1967 Outer Space Treaty, one of several “non-armament” treaties that sought to prevent “a new form of colonial competition” in the cosmos, according to the U.S. State Department’s archives.

Bondarev’s warning comes after Trump directed Pentagon leadership to set up a sixth, space-oriented branch within the U.S. military.

“When it comes to space, too often, for too many years, dreams of exploration and discovery were really squandered by politics and bureaucracy, and we knocked that out,” Trump said Monday at a meeting of the National Space Council, according to a White House pool report.

The president cited China and Russia as competitors that the United States must return to outpacing in space exploration.

“We don’t want China and Russia and other countries leading us. We’ve always led. We’ve gone way far afield for decades now,” Trump said.

Leadership within the Pentagon and Air Force have appeared mostly opposed to the idea of a separate space force, citing budget constraints and possible impediments to the Air Force’s own ability to wage war.

Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova also criticized the formation of an American space force Wednesday, according to state media.

What makes this piece of news most alarming is the purpose of the instruction was described in very clear terms — dominance in space,” Zakharova said.

"Naturally, we keep the closest watch on Washington’s intentions and analyze the likely effects," she added. "A military buildup in space, in particular, after the deployment of weapons there, would have destabilizing effects on strategic stability and international security.“

While Russia does have a branch of the military described as "space forces," their activities are "purely defensive," the spokeswoman said.

Russian Space Forces are a branch of the larger Russian Aerospace Forces, and provide advanced missile defense services. The units historically incorporated under the Russian Space Forces operate radars and satellites involved in early-warning systems, according to a 2002 article archived by Stanford University.

The branch appears to be comparable to U.S. Air Force Space Command.

"Our country is not interested in tackling any tasks in space with the use of attack weapons,” Zakharova said.

And while Russian officials deny any militarization of space on their end, there have been concerns in the United States that Russian development of hypersonic glide missiles could pose a space-borne threat to the United States.

The glide vehicle could allegedly fly an arced trajectory high into the atmosphere, near or into space, atop an intercontinental ballistic missile, thereby avoiding existing missile defense systems, according to a March speech by Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Last edited:
The UK's Secret Intelligence Service, otherwise known as MI6, has been scrambling to prevent President Trump from publishing classified materials linked to the Russian election meddling investigation, according to The Telegraph, stating that any disclosure would "undermine intelligence gathering if he releases pages of an FBI application to wiretap one of his former campaign advisers."

Trump's allies, however, are fighting back - demanding transparency and suggesting that the UK wouldn't want the documents withheld unless it had something to hide.

The Telegraph has talked to more than a dozen UK and US officials, including in American intelligence, who have revealed details about the row.
British spy chiefs have “genuine concern” about sources being exposed if classified parts of the wiretap request were made public, according to figures familiar with discussions.

It boils down to the exposure of people”, said one US intelligence official, adding: “We don’t want to reveal sources and methods.” US intelligence shares the concerns of the UK.​

Another said Britain feared setting a dangerous “precedent” which could make people less likely to share information, knowing that it could one day become public. -The Telegraph

The Telegraph adds that the UK's dispute with the Trump administration is so politically sensitive that staff within the British Embassy in D.C. haver been barred from discussing it with journalists. Theresa May has also "been kept at arms-length and is understood to have not raised the issue directly with the US president."

In September, we reported that the British government "expressed grave concerns" over the material in question after President Trump issued an order to the DOJ to release a wide swath of materials, "immediately" and "without redaction."

Trump walked that order back days later after the UK begged him not to release them.
Mr Trump wants to declassify 21 pages from one of the applications. He announced the move in September, then backtracked, then this month said he was "very seriously" considering it again. Both Britain and Australia are understood to be opposing the move.​

Memos detailing alleged ties between Mr Trump and Russia compiled by Christopher Steele, a former MI6 officer, were cited in the application, which could explain some of the British concern. -The Telegraph

The New York Times reported at the time that the UK's concern was over material which "includes direct references to conversations between American law enforcement officials and Christopher Steele," the former MI6 agent who compiled the infamous "Steele Dossier." The UK's objection, according to former US and British officials, was over revealing Steele's identity in an official document, "regardless of whether he had been named in press reports."

We noted in September, however, that Steele's name was contained within the Nunes Memo - the House Intelligence Committee's majority opinion in the Trump-Russia case.

Steele also had extensive contacts with DOJ official Bruce Ohr and his wife Nellie, who - along with Steele - was paid by opposition research firm Fusion GPS in the anti-Trump campaign. Trump called for the declassification of FBI notes of interviews with Ohr, which would ostensibly reveal more about his relationship with Steele. Ohr was demoted twice within the Department of Justice for lying about his contacts with Fusion GPS.

Perhaps the Brits are also concerned since much of the espionage performed on the Trump campaign was conducted on UK soil throughout 2016. Recall that Trump aid George Papadopoulos was lured to London in March, 2016, where Maltese professor Joseph Mifsud fed him the rumor that Russia had dirt on Hillary Clinton. It was later at a London bar that Papadopoulos would drunkenly pass the rumor to Australian diplomat Alexander Downer (who Strzok flew to London to meet with).

Also recall that CIA/FBI "informant" (spy) Stefan Halper met with both Carter Page and Papadopoulos in London.

Halper, a veteran of four Republican administrations, reached out to Trump aide George Papadopoulos in September 2016 with an offer to fly to London to write an academic paper on energy exploration in the Mediterranean Sea.​

Papadopoulos accepted a flight to London and a $3,000 honorarium. He claims that during a meeting in London, Halper asked him whether he knew anything about Russian hacking of Democrats’ emails.
Papadopoulos had other contacts on British soil that he now believes were part of a government-sanctioned surveillance operation. -Daily Caller

In total, Halper received over $1 million from the Obama Pentagon for "research," over $400,000 of which was granted before and during the 2016 election season.

Halper%20%281%29_1.jpg

Papadopoulos, who was sentenced to 14 days in prison for lying about his conversations with a shadowy Maltese professor and self-professed member of the Clinton Foundation, has publicly claimed he was targeted by UK spies, and told The Telegraph that he demands transparency. Trump's allies in Washington, meanwhile, have suggested that the facts laid out before us mean that the ongoing Russia investigation was invalid from the start.

In short, it's understandable that the UK would prefer to hide their involvement in the "witch hunt" of Donald Trump since much of the counterintelligence investigation was conducted on UK soil. And if the Brits had knowledge of the operation, it will bolster claims that they meddled in the 2016 US election by assisting what appears to have been a set-up from the start.

Steele's ham-handed dossier is a mere embarrassment, as virtually none of the claims asserted by the former MI6 agent have been proven true.

Steele, a former MI6 agent, is the author of the infamous and unverified anti-Trump dossier. He worked as a confidential human source for the FBI for years before the relationship was severed just before the election because of Steele’s unauthorized contacts with the press.​

He shared results of his investigation into Trump’s links to Russia with the FBI beginning in early July 2016.
The FBI relied heavily on the unverified Steele dossier to fill out applications for four FISA warrants against Page. Page has denied the dossier’s claims, which include that he was the Trump campaign’s back channel to the Kremlin. -Daily Caller

That said, Steele hasn't worked for the British government since 2009, so for their excuse focusing on the former MI6 agent while ignoring the multitude of events which occurred on UK soil, is curious.

They(whomever involved in the decision) are allowing to be a mess, the border of San Ysidro had been closed, and there are reports of clashes between immigrants and tear gas. There was a rumor? of a possible agreement with incoming government of Mexico and Trump administration, but Mexico had denied it ...I wonder if they(Mexico) need to be in charge, it will be due until 1st of December... although, his (AMLO and his incoming goverment) latest messages had been quite confusing ... and, no, Mexico cannot be considered a whatever safe country ..
https://fox5sandiego.com/2018/11/25/cbp-suspends-all-traffic-at-the-san-ysidro-port-of-entry/ said:
CBP suspends all traffic at the San Ysidro Port of Entry after migrants rush to the border

SAN YSIDRO, Calif. -- US Customs and Border Protection has closed road and pedestrian bridges in both directions at the San Ysidro port of entry, one of the largest land border crossings between San Diego and Tijuana, Mexico.

The closures come as around 500 migrants overwhelmed federal and local Mexican police blockades and rushed toward the US border near Tijuana, Mexico.

The crowds are made up of men, women and a lot of children, said CNN stringer Alfredo Alvarez, who is in the crowd.

Because the regular border crossings were closed, the migrants headed for the cargo area where the railroad crosses, Alvarez said.

The migrants appeared to be meters from the US border wall, he said. He could not see from his position if the migrants had managed to get across the actual border.

The agency said it has deployed extra personnel to the border crossing due to multiple planned demonstrations on both sides of the border.

"The additional personnel, which included CBP officers, US Border Patrol agents, and Air and Marine agents, were recently deployed to the San Diego area from various areas around the country in preparation for the potential arrival of the caravan in Tijuana.

https://www.rt.com/usa/444807-us-mexico-border-deal-migrants/ said:
Mexico denies deal to house caravan migrants while their asylum is processed in US
The incoming government of Mexico has denied earlier reports it had struck an agreement with the Trump administration to make it a “safe third country” for migrants stranded while their asylum claims are being processed in the US.

The plan reported by the Washington Post and unambiguously entitled 'Remain in Mexico' would have significantly changed US asylum regulations, which currently allow refugees to wait for the decision on their applications on US soil. The President's administration hoped that it would put an end to what Trump decried as a "catch and release" system, according to the WaPo.

Military will use lethal force at Mexico border if needed – Trump

"For now, we have agreed to this policy of Remain in Mexico," the report cites Olga Sánchez Cordero, Mexico's incoming interior minister said. No formal deal has been signed between Mexico City and Washington so far, as the new Mexican administration led by the President-elect Lopez Obrador will only take office on December 1. Apart from that, many details of the agreement "must still be discussed," US officials said.

After the news hit the headlines, Sánchez Cordero dismissed the report, saying that there was “no agreement of any type between the future government of Mexico and the United States.”

The politician stressed that under no circumstances Mexico will become a so-called “safe third country” for the hundreds of Central American migrants, noting that in this case the they would have to apply for a refugee status in Mexico rather than the US.

Under the reported agreement, any potential asylum seekers from Central America will have to wait in Mexico for their scheduled court appearance before an immigration judge as their cases are being processed. After that, they will be escorted to a federal courthouse by US officials but would have to return to Mexico again if the judge fails to issue a final decision on their case. They will be allowed to stay in the US only if granted asylum and will be sent directly to their home countries if rejected.

_https://www.humanrightsfirst.org/press-release/trump-admin-renews-safe-third-country-talks-mexico/ said:
Trump Admin Renews “Safe Third Country” Talks with Mexico

New York City—In response to reports that the Trump Administration has renewed talks with the Mexican government that would require asylum seekers passing through Mexico to seek protection there instead of in the United States, Human Rights First’s Eleanor Acer issued the following statement:
The simple fact is that Mexico is not a safe country for many people desperately seeking protection. This administration has engaged in a year-long, systemic attack on the asylum system; these reported negotiations are just the most recent tactic being used to deny vulnerable people’s right to seek protection in the United States. For many women, children, journalists, LGBT persons, and refugees, Mexico is an incredibly dangerous country; by denying these people protection in the United States, we may be condemning them to death.
Not only are refugees being targeted for kidnapping, trafficking, and murder in Mexico, but the Mexican asylum system is riddled with deficiencies that leave refugees at grave risk of return to persecution. The bottom line is that Mexico does not meet the legal standards for a safe third country under either U.S. or international law. This is about blocking refugees from the United States.​
Last year Human Rights First found that Mexico was not a safe third country for refugees. The organization’s findings included that refugees and migrants face acute risks of kidnapping, disappearance, sexual assault, trafficking, and other grave harms in Mexico; that Mexican migration officers deport Central Americans who have expressed fear of return despite the country’s nonrefoulement and human rights obligations; and that deficiencies, barriers, and flaws in the Mexican asylum system leave many refugees unprotected.
Since then, the dangers facing refugees and migrants in Mexico have escalated. Recent reports confirm that Mexican authorities continue to improperly return asylum seekers to their countries of persecution and that the deficiencies in the Mexican asylum system have grown.

Russian ships used weapons to stop & seize Ukrainian vessels violating territorial waters – FSB
NATO is already calling for de-escalation, which means they would very much like the situation be escalated, but the Russians know what they are doing. Reading this triplet of articles on RT (this is growing way beyond my usual 1-article news, so I won't post) I was wondering if the NATO CIA think-thank strategists thought the Russians could be infinitely annoyed safely, since they won't respond, so their plan is safe to make this incident go away and develop it later.

So I thought the NATO CIA think-thank idiots were sure the Russians wouldn't open fire, but I thought the Russians indeed would break the NATO fantasy and should and open fire. Then I'm reading the third RT article that the Russians opened fire and handled the situation assertively.

Also there is no danger of WW3 starting over this one either!

Something that was known, but it called my attention that at last it is mentioned over here
https://www.sinembargo.mx/23-11-2018/3501913#.W_iOMybRmOA.facebook said:
--using google traductor
Father Solalinde warns: NGO brings arms dealers and people between migrants

The priest and activist Alejandro Solalinde Guerra accused the organization Sin Fronteras of using Central American migrants and Mexicans, including him, to pass polleros, armed people and bring "shocking" to the undocumented to the border of Tijuana , where there is no solution.

Salalinde told SinEmbargo how he was used by the organization to move migrants to Mexico City and how Pueblo Sin Fronteras activists "boycotted" him and prevented him from giving them information, to get the undocumented immigrants out in the early morning heading to Tijuana , the border city declared by its Mayor in humanitarian crisis.

"I do want to present this complaint that Pueblo Sin Fronteras has no scruples, that unfortunately has taken advantage of us," he said in an interview.

Mexico City, November 23 (However) .- Alejandro Solalinde Guerra , a defender and defender of human rights , accused the organization Sin Sin Fronteras of using Central American migrants and Mexicans, including him, to pass polleros , armed people and take the "shocking" and irresponsible to the undocumented to the border of Tijuana , where there is no solution .

The priest told SinEmbargo how Pueblo Sin Fronteras took advantage of the work he carried out with the migrants to take them to the Jesús Martínez "Palillo" stadium shelter in the Magdalena Mixhuca in Mexico City, and take them out in the early morning to Tijuana. .

"Here is a negative actor that is Pueblo Sin Fronteras that has been dedicated to hauling people through caravans and they caravanized this migrant exodus . They should not have done it, because they are activists , some are extremists , but above all I do not think they do it out of love for art, it's what I think. In their caravans they always put the children , the women in front and obviously give an image, as it does, of a humanitarian crisis , I do not doubt that, but also use these people to hide so much human trafficking , because they go polleros, they go groups that are taken ", says.

Father Solalinde revealed that the organization-which receives, clarified, national and international donations-did not take into account Mexican institutions or civil society to mobilize migrants through Mexico.

"And they do use us, they do use us, because they are able to wait for you to do things and at dawn they go and take them away, it's the truth of things," he said and related what happened to him with a group of migrants from the third caravan.

"I will give an example: I took a group that came from the third caravan from Matías Romero, I registered them, I disarmed them because they had white arms to defend themselves, we organized ourselves very well. I saw how I did it, but we put more than 23 trucks to move people, children, women to Mexico City. We were informing them about the inconvenience of going to the border at the moment and they [Pueblo Sin Fronteras] did not allow us to finish with the people, they were already boycotting us so that we would not give them information and in the early morning they took a thousand people. Right now there are about 300 people who went with them in the Pilgrim's House in La Villa and asked what conditions they are in and why they arrived, "he says.
Solalinde added: "I do want to present this complaint that Pueblo Sin Fronteras has no scruples, that unfortunately has taken advantage of us."

Juan Manuel Gastélum, Mayor of Tijuana, Baja California, declared this day a humanitarian crisis in the border city due to the need of resources to serve the thousands of members of the Central American migrant caravan.

"I'm not going to compromise public services, I'm not going to spend Tijuana's money, I'm not going to indebt Tijuana because we have not done it in these two years," the official said about the situation in the city in the presence of the and the migrants.

Gastelum said that the cost of care for migrants, just over 4 thousand arrivals since last week, "amounts to more than 500 thousand pesos."

The population of the city of Tijuana has been polarized during the last days due to the arrival of the Migrant Caravan. The inhabitants have taken to the streets to protest what they have described as an "invasion", a term that Donald Trump has used to refer to the migrants who travel in the caravan.

Solalinde Guerra accused Pueblo Sin Fronteras of taking the migrants to a place where "there is no solution" and doing the job to Donald Trump, President of the United States.

"They do not want to be separated because they want many to be seen ... they want to impact, because finally I do not know where they get their resources, because their job is to regularize, but also to pass people. I think a lot of what has happened is the fault of the People Without Borders ": Solalinde.
"They go to the coup, they go to the impact, they are going to cause problems as they are causing it internationally between the United States and Mexico, when in reality there was no need. But also something very mysterious: that they play the game to Donald Trump, they do it, and the proof is that the impact of how they arrived served him; that irrationality to take them to where there is no solution, where right now you can not fix roles, "he said. ----had heard that as well in social media, but had not confirmed it

Back
Top Bottom