Ice Age Preparation ?

I think of those who can't watch series like Game of Thrones because it disturb them but can read The Wave and all information here. If someone can't tolerate fiction or can't be part of the theater of the world now. How to survive with the real disaster?

I'm pretty certain that those who survived natural disasters or extreme weather conditions in the past didn't manage to do so because they could stomach TV shows with sickening scenes (to each their own I guess), plus I'm pretty sure they didn't have any of that then! Not being disturbed by such TV scenes or watching such shows regardless of those scenes is not an indication of strength or preparedness, I would say.

Added: I just want to clarify that of course you can watch what you prefer, people have different preferences, but I'm just trying to say that just because some members would not like to watch shows like Game of Thrones because of its content, doesn't mean they would not be able to face any type of disaster. That depends on many (other) factors.

Last edited:
I think of those who can't watch series like Game of Thrones because it disturb them but can read The Wave and all information here. If someone can't tolerate fiction or can't be part of the theater of the world now. How to survive with the real disaster? Even members of experimental communities can not live together harmoniously in peace time

I’m not sure what you are trying to say Josev, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. But being disturbed by cruelty doesn’t seem like a weakness to me. But rather essential. Cruelty is always disturbing and a perfect normal reaction. If nobody would be disturbed by it, nobody will try to correct it.

Empathy allows us to react accordingly to such situations. Empathy also allows us to form strong social groups, which are essential for survival. Being sensitive to tragedy also makes one realize that one’s purpose lies amongst all this pain in the world.

I think that becoming insensitive to tragedy in order to survive is by that a lose lose coping mechanism.

My 2 cents.

From my point of view, I would prefer to expend my energy observing reality right and left because it has relevance. That is already difficult enough and I don't need any extra trauma via fiction. When I read any fiction, it is usually to exercise my puzzle solving skills and, most of all, relax. I even like things that are mildly boring because it helps me go to sleep and just before going to sleep is the ONLY time I read fiction.

I'm fighting the harshness of life with bad humor, but I honestly have no idea, at least yet what to do. What I ment was is stupid to be alone or surrounded with people you don't agree when SHTF because life is too precious to spend it stupidly. I can't heat my appartment enough now and it's not even the real winter yet.

I'm fighting the harshness of life with bad humor, but I honestly have no idea, at least yet what to do. What I ment was is stupid to be alone or surrounded with people you don't agree when SHTF because life is too precious to spend it stupidly. I can't heat my appartment enough now and it's not even the real winter yet.

Some ideas!
Though think safely. Also bee's wax candles would be a better choice.

I survived one winter when dad left without heating but we're talking about extreme colds comming our way, I don't have a soultion for that.

I'm pretty certain that those who survived natural disasters or extreme weather conditions in the past didn't manage to do so because they could stomach TV shows with sickening scenes (to each their own I guess), plus I'm pretty sure they didn't have any of that then! Not being disturbed by such TV scenes or watching such shows regardless of those scenes is not an indication of strength or preparedness, I would say.

Added: I just want to clarify that of course you can watch what you prefer, people have different preferences, but I'm just trying to say that just because some members would not like to watch shows like Game of Thrones because of its content, doesn't mean they would not be able to face any type of disaster. That depends on many (other) factors.

You're right, but I bet that for those who survived catastrophes like the one described here, any series would be Disney :D

I only gave my opinion from my experience, I think we can learn from movies and I like to see them for that. Either on anything, or for creativity.

The series that I mentioned was just an example, based on historical events and difficult times. I did not say that those who do not tolerate fiction about psychopaths are going to die or that the reason to see is to become desensitized.

I never read much as a child, I was more athletic, but I saw all kinds of films that helped me broaden my vision of the world rather than desensitize me. I remember that sometimes I forced myself to watch bizarre movies and felt a mixture of wonder and disgust for the things that pathological people can do, and somehow I learned about that.

I'm almost sure I would have been a snowflake and I would have got into more trouble otherwise ... but until now I watch romantic movies and I cry XD

I can be insensitive but more than anything because of the absence of real experiences and relationships in my life that because of what I saw. If I had to choose again I prefer to start insensitive :D

From my point of view, I would prefer to expend my energy observing reality right and left because it has relevance. That is already difficult enough and I don't need any extra trauma via fiction. When I read any fiction, it is usually to exercise my puzzle solving skills and, most of all, relax. I even like things that are mildly boring because it helps me go to sleep and just before going to sleep is the ONLY time I read fiction.

I respect what Laura says and in her case I think it makes sense that she does not see fiction. I appreciate all the work that editors and researchers do here.

But for example those who act in the world and contribute their bit, entrepreneurs, creatives and people like Peterson say they do not follow the news because that stresses them more and takes away energy to act.

That why I said maybe this group lack limbs. I don't wanted to offend anybody. I'm trying to find the balance, for me, between both visions.

Maybe is important to take in count this remarks of C`s and the Laura`s comment below.

Q: (L) Is Guyana a relatively safe place in terms of earth crustal movements, earth changes, etc?

A: What is? Earth includes all planet surface.

Q: (L) Are there any places that are going to be safer than others?

A: Changeable.

Q: (L) Is the North Caroline/Blue Ridge Mountain area relatively safe?

A: What did I just tell you? Depends on vibrational frequency changes. No specific earth changes are accurately predictable until near event.
{This is an important clue that suggests that by changing the vibrational frequency of either ourselves or our planet, or both, that cataclysms can be mitigated.}

Maybe is important to take in count this remarks of C`s and the Laura`s comment below.

Q: (L) Is Guyana a relatively safe place in terms of earth crustal movements, earth changes, etc?

A: What is? Earth includes all planet surface.

Q: (L) Are there any places that are going to be safer than others?

A: Changeable.

Q: (L) Is the North Caroline/Blue Ridge Mountain area relatively safe?

A: What did I just tell you? Depends on vibrational frequency changes. No specific earth changes are accurately predictable until near event.
{This is an important clue that suggests that by changing the vibrational frequency of either ourselves or our planet, or both, that cataclysms can be mitigated.}

Good catch and inference, munaychasumaq!

Well , you guys are more than welcome to move in with us here in Kuwait . It's really warm here , no signs of an ice-age yet . However, you will need to worry about war outbreaks or cometary bombardments,...or both.

Thanks for reminding us of the harsh realities so many are going through. I pray you get through this valley of the shadow safely ellaya. :hug2:

The big difference between people in the past and today is that then the times were more harder and people need not some TV shows because their lives were harsh realities, they were more independent and thus had more practical knowledge, but today people are sedentary, spoiled, protected, isolated through technology from others, etc... and face most of that "reality" through TV screens.

Back
Top Bottom