11 jokes only smart people will understand

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
There are some jokes so intellectual, so utterly above the average IQ range, they elicit head scratches and confused weeping in a corner.

If you get the following jokes, then hats off to you, you smarty pants!

If not... well, not to worry, there's always Google.

1. What do you get if you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?

2. Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn’t.

3. I tried walking up a hill without a watch but had neither the time nor the inclination.

4. What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? I don't know and I don't care.

5. What do you get when you cross an octopus with a cow? A reprimand from the Scientific Integrity and Professional Ethics Committee and immediate withdrawal of your grant funding.

6. Your mum is so mean, she has no standard deviation.

7. A German asks for a martini. "Dry?" says the bartender. "Nein, just one."

8. Two women walk into a bar and discuss the Bechdel test.

9. Pavlov is sitting at a bar, when all of the sudden the phone rings. Pavlov gasps, "Oh no, I forgot to feed the dogs".

10. How many Marxists does it take to screw in a lightbulb? None, the lightbulb contains the seeds of its own revolution.

11. I have kleptomania, but when it gets bad, I take something for it.

In a similar vein (and some knowledge of animals is useful here) try this concocted attempt: -

What do you get when you cross a mallard that's just received an invoice with an overweight cat?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A duck-billed fatty puss.

Thanks, those were good. :lol: I had to look up the Bechdel test and kleptomania. I looked up number 5, but am still confused about the cow and octopus, is it something related to biology or something crude?

Thanks for the high-brow humor, Laura!

The ones I got are hilariously witty, but there are some that will definitely require more thought or googling to put a smile on my face!

These remind me of a favorite quip: "I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous" ;D

3D Student said:
Thanks, those were good. :lol: I had to look up the Bechdel test and kleptomania. I looked up number 5, but am still confused about the cow and octopus, is it something related to biology or something crude?
There are a lot of jokes that go, "what do you get when you cross (animal) with (other animal)?" For example:
Q: "What do you get if you cross an elephant and a rhinoceros?"
A: " 'ell eff I no!" (slurred version of "hell if I know")

This joke is the anti-joke version. You were expecting some funny cross breed, but you get a serious reply. The surprise makes the joke.

Back
Top Bottom