Gawan

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Baran bo Odar and Jantje Friese released in the last few months a new series called 1899. They are both the creators of Dark. I think that I liked it pretty much. It is a bit slow and it develops from a travel journey, mystery over a bit of horror to science fiction in the end.

It doesn't have a pure German cast anymore and goes more international: from i.e., German, Denmark, Great Britain and Portugal. As I understood it was "only" filmed in some studios and for example in Babelsberg where they have a virtual background, and they can even let it rain on the set.

Anyway, here is the trailer:

It seems to me they repeat the same themes with the same subliminal messages that mirror our underlying bizarre true reality to some degree (in an allegorical way) but they are skewed in one way or another with the goal of

a. keeping the mass-hypnosis in place and reinforcing negative emotional states
b. being able to say "see, we told you so and that absolves our owns sins of what we did yo you"
c. saying just enough for some credibility and then skewing any pseudo-positive messages with an embedded dose of: your situation is hopeless, don't resist, you have no say in your own fate for there are greater forces than you at work here (which is kind of true but sometimes even a doomed battle is worth fighting for the right reasons)

these movies also have a similar fear/adrenaline/dopamine inducing manipulative roller coaster they generally achieve, which is just as important

And I am still of the opinion that the vast majority of what is coming out on Netflix or Apple etc, is done hand in hand with our societal overlords/deep state manipulators and that is another reason they all have the same dark flavor and hue

We are watching it with the family, and up to now we have seen three episodes. From the four of us, two are still a bit on the fence (they are neither science fiction nor horror fans) and two like it. So far, I like it, the characters of several passengers and crew members are slowly developing with quite some depth and unexpected turns imo, and i like the different language aspect and the science fiction thing going on. I even dreamed about it last night i think, can't quite remember but i was definitely on a boat.

Baran bo Odar and Jantje Friese released in the last few months a new series called 1899. They are both the creators of Dark. I think that I liked it pretty much. It is a bit slow and it develops from a travel journey, mystery over a bit of horror to science fiction in the end.

It doesn't have a pure German cast anymore and goes more international: from i.e., German, Denmark, Great Britain and Portugal. As I understood it was "only" filmed in some studios and for example in Babelsberg where they have a virtual background, and they can even let it rain on the set.

Anyway, here is the trailer:

I liked it a lot too!

Back
Top Bottom