2700 YEAR OLD ‘WEED STASH’ FOUND IN ANCIENT TOMB AND STILL GOOD

Debra

Dagobah Resident
As I have mentioned before in other posts I have made, I do NOT advocate ANY types of drugging, recreational and/or by the Big Pharma Corporate Medical systems.
That doesn't mean I have never been exposed to drugs, or that I judge those who depend on them for sanity and survival.
I drink gin and tonic in the evenings, and enjoy it.
I might take a couple aspirins, if I have to break a pain loop from a muscle pull, or when I overextend myself.

I suspect some people smoke pot for the effect that it shuts off the ego/ intellect.
The new mesoderm layer of the brain, the "pain" control panel, is muted.

Smoking pot enables that "still, calm voice" to be heard, if there is a "higher Soul connection".
I got this Theory from observing the Stoners.

Some really interesting stuff gets talked about sometimes, trouble is, they can never remember what it was! :lol::lol:
But, I remember, and I have even taken notes, at times...pictures too, but that is for another theory I am thinking about...:cool2::-D

Anyway, I thought this was an interesting story about this Blue eyed, 40 year old White guy, who was busted with about 2 pounds of really good weed.
Dead in a cave, in Northern China... for nearly 3,000 years...Kantek Shaman remains, perhaps?

1591281169764.png
Lydia K. RN
February 19, 2019
If you came across a weed stash that was thousands of years old, would you light it up?
[...]
In Czechoslovakia, a hemp rope dating back to 26,900 BC was discovered a decade ago and was associated with the economic activities of the people at that place in that time. European farmers grew cannabis sativa for rope, canvas, and clothing. On the other hand, farmers in central Asia and Siberia grew cannabis ruderalis as cattle fodder.

Ancient India and China used cannabis indica for medical purposes. But did ancient cultures use it recreationally? Researchers couldn’t be sure. However, a recent discovery in northern Asia has proven that indeed the oldies were getting stoned on cannabis, too.

2700 Year Old Weed Stash Found in Yanghai Tombs
Researchers recently discovered a weed stash in the Yanghai tombs in northern China. A 2,700 year old grave of a light haired Caucasian male, probably in his forties, contained the preserved THC-rich ground bud. Researchers believe that the man must have been a Shaman from the ancient Gushi culture of the Turpan Basin.

The international team at the Chinese Academy of Sciences Institute of Botany studied the weed stash to determine its contents. They first thought that the ground up substance was coriander. Genetic testing revealed otherwise.

Understanding Cannabinoids
Cannabis contains over 100 identified cannabinoids, though tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD) are the most abundant. The two compounds have the exact same number of molecules: 21 carbon atoms, 2 oxygen atoms and 30 hydrogen atoms. But the difference between the two comes from the difference in molecule arrangement.

Moreover, both compounds are similar to endocananbinoids produced in mammalian bodies. Consequently, cannabis’s cannabinoids interact with the endocanabinoid system in a similar fashion. But the unique arrangement of atoms in THC allow it to bind the CB1 receptor and cause the mind altering effects commonly associated with cannabis. CBD on the other hand does not bind to this receptor and cannot cause the typical cannabis high. In fact some studies have shown that CBD can inhibit the mind altering effect caused by THC.

Putting the Tomb (and its Weed Stash) on Exhibit
In this particular tomb, the cannabis obtained was purely female. This sheds light on the reason for cultivating the cannabis in the first place; these people wanted a harvest that was high in THC content. Given the amount of cannabis found in this one grave, it appears that psychoactive cannabis must have played a key role in the life and culture of the Shaman community.

The Turpan Museum in China holds the weed stash. Researchers hope for future excavations to dig up the remains.

Together with the cannabis were other paraphernalia that suggest his shamanic role. Trade tools and religious artifacts
were often buried with the dead in ancient cultures. These cultures believed that the dead would carry their treasures with them into the afterlife. The dry climatic conditions and alkaline soil play a key role in preserving these. For instance, the weed stash still appeared green, though it had lost the skunk like cannabis odor and taste.

Studying the Weed Stash
An international team of researchers have studied the 789g of cannabis cache and found that it contains tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the psychoactive component found in cannabis that differentiates it from hemp. So this was likely recreational cannabis. Researchers have mainly excavated hemp-derived, CBD-dominant cannabis that could be used medicinally.

Were these ancients getting high on weed? According to the lead researcher Ethan Russo, this ancient bud is very similar to what is grown today around the world. In the words of Russo: “We know from both the chemical analysis and genetics that it could produce THC (tetrahydrocannabinolic acid synthase, the main psychoactive chemical in the plant).”

fbclid=IwAR3Wpp_8L8P3FyAdoFUzhvGFZqFd6OS-J4hM3tTU40oSqxOQplDoeKuaRcY

I saw a headline online relating to this and my first thought was that 4D STS have 'gone back in time' to stash this weed for some nefarious purpose. Perhaps I am just being cynical but who knows?

Back
Top Bottom