A (female) psychopath's downfall; a cautionary tale

griffin

Jedi Master
FOTCM Member
The Los Angeles Times is publishing a true story this week about a female psychopath's downfall in the odd world of suburban southern California. It's entitled "Framed" and it's an interesting cautionary tale.

http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-framed-one-snap-story.html#nt=oft08a-1gp1

I followed this story from the beginning. Absolutely fascinating...and horrific as to what that pathological woman and her husband subjected another family to over a petty school-related dispute. Thank goodness a thinking, decent cop suspected foul play from the start or this could have ended in ugly way. The pathological couple weren't very smart, even if they were lawyers. I do feel for the children involved. What a mess.

Good read. The article contains more info than the news stories gave while it was breaking.

Wow this is fascinating thank you for sharing. I'm flabbergasted that it stemmed from such a petty incident to this. Also it is interesting what Kelli Peters says about the female psychopath / Jill Easter:

But the weird thing was she never changed her facial expression. It was always the same weird smile.

NormaRegula said:
I followed this story from the beginning. Absolutely fascinating...and horrific as to what that pathological woman and her husband subjected another family to over a petty school-related dispute. Thank goodness a thinking, decent cop suspected foul play from the start or this could have ended in ugly way. The pathological couple weren't very smart, even if they were lawyers. I do feel for the children involved. What a mess.

Good read. The article contains more info than the news stories gave while it was breaking.

I don't remember reading about this story before, but yes, fascinating and horrifying reading! l am in awe:

-about how such a tiny incident can create so much hunger for revenge in pathological people (the wife in this instance)
-about the first cop's healthy skepticism which was what led to things unfolding as they did. If he had just went along with how things appeared, the couple would probably not be found out, and the victim of the scheme would have paid unjustly

I am sure the wife believed she would not be found out, she even wrote a book about how to stage the perfect crime! The wishful thinking of psychopaths is indeed their Achilles's heel.

Geeze, what an ordeal that poor woman was put through. But it was a very poorly thought-out conspiracy. The Easter's surely engaged in plenty of wishful thinking. Since the story isn't finished yet, it's not totally clear that the wife is the one who orchestrated this whole fiasco. My guess is that both of them worked together on the plot and that they both have some serious personality disorders. So maybe not just a female psychopath's downfall...

The Easter woman was so focused on ruining Kelli Peters at all costs. She thought she committed the perfect crime. Glad the cop dug deeper and saw through this crazy lady's scheme. Just mind boggling how she could ruin so many lives and think she could get away with it. The whole story is disturbing to say the least! :jawdrop:

Had not heard of the case, and I want to say it's simply unbelievable, and it really is, yet it's also all to common these days, or so it seems. The Judge said via the author;

Musing on his half-century in the law, the judge called this “the most incomprehensible case I’ve ever seen,” and said: “I can’t figure out why you and your ex-wife did what you did.”

It is certainly perplexing unless seen through one of the words in the subject title. If so, then they are people without conscious, without remorse.

As Kent Easter's says of Peters;

“I don’t feel that she should have been as upset as she has been.”

Of course presenting himself as the true victim, not Peters.

Beau said:
Geeze, what an ordeal that poor woman was put through. But it was a very poorly thought-out conspiracy. The Easter's surely engaged in plenty of wishful thinking. Since the story isn't finished yet, it's not totally clear that the wife is the one who orchestrated this whole fiasco. My guess is that both of them worked together on the plot and that they both have some serious personality disorders. So maybe not just a female psychopath's downfall...

I just finished reading the last 3 chapters, and I think you are right. No remorse, either of them, and they present themselves as the victims still!

I can't read him psychologically when he takes all blame in the end, even regarding the 68 exclamation points in the e-mail. A psychopath who wants to finally boast about his crime when he has nothing else to lose? Or the work of a wife way more manipulative and dangerous than he is?

Thanks for posting griffin, a horrific story with what this woman was put through over a very benign leaving behind of a child. Quite the read and a telling epic of a psychopath that to this day has no idea what torture she put this poor woman through.

Alana said:
I can't read him psychologically when he takes all blame in the end [....]
I couldn't decide about him either. But the wife was definitely pathological. The last installment, suggestively entitled "RUIN", will be published this Sunday (i.e., that's at midnight PDT tonight).

griffin said:
Alana said:
I can't read him psychologically when he takes all blame in the end [....]
I couldn't decide about him either. But the wife was definitely pathological. The last installment, suggestively entitled "RUIN", will be published this Sunday (i.e., that's at midnight PDT tonight).

The last installment is already up, I read it this morning.

Geezus! What kinds of creatures has the human race produced?

These Easter people seem most like the Cleckley variety of psychopath.

One good thing that happened for Kelli was that the cop who came to search her car had some common sense and did not arrest her, which is pretty surprising, especially since he had arrested many people and "they always lied". Very fortunate for Kelli that he gave her the benefit of the doubt.

SevenFeathers said:
One good thing that happened for Kelli was that the cop who came to search her car had some common sense and did not arrest her, which is pretty surprising, especially since he had arrested many people and "they always lied". Very fortunate for Kelli that he gave her the benefit of the doubt.
Just my thoughts too. 99% of the time, they would have gotten away with it just because of social status, the ability to pay for the top defense lawyers and the initial police bias.

A very good case study of psychopathy...and not unlike some of the Cleckley case studies as Laura alluded to. Truly scary characters and then to think that there might be 480 millions on planet earth in all different shades of pathological deviancy. (6% of 8 billion is how I arrived at 480 millions give or take a dozen millions or two) :scared:

Aeneas said:
SevenFeathers said:
Just my thoughts too. 99% of the time, they would have gotten away with it just because of social status, the ability to pay for the top defense lawyers and the initial police bias.

A very good case study of psychopathy...and not unlike some of the Cleckley case studies as Laura alluded to. Truly scary characters and then to think that there might be 480 millions on planet earth in all different shades of pathological deviancy. (6% of 8 billion is how I arrived at 480 millions give or take a dozen millions or two) :scared:

Yep, this series of articles highlights the absolute stupidity of the legal system. Hire the best performer and you'll probably win. And the rules, their plan to use the wife to be tried separately and then use the double jeopardy rule to confess in her husband's trial! That would probably work in other cases...

I think they probably were both psychos. For one, you don't get to be a $400k lawyer easily without being a conscience-less, effortless liar with 100% self-confidence. How the prosecutor couldn't help but find him charming and likeable, and how absolutely bent on revenge the wife was (ties in with our female psychopathy thread - they tend to be more emotional, more grudge-holding than their male counterparts, more like borderline disorder). It also explains why he doesn't mind being cuckolded - they are simply just a power couple.

Hats off to the detectives and prosecutors. This is rather amazing to see in modern society, some real justice!

Back
Top Bottom