A strange Jellyfish-like lightning in France

A strange lightning was captured on a photo in southern France.

Check out the link:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20090611/sc_livescience/strangelightninglookslikejellyfish

Look at the image... it's quite interesting.

These "sprites", as they are called, are a mysterious weather phenomenon.
I wonder if this has anything to do with Laura's "conduit" moving to that location, or maybe the approach of the wave, or both?
As is written in the article, these sprites were first discovered in 1989, so it's a possibility.

I think this belongs to this thread, but this would be my first post, so I hope you won't mind if it doesn't.

Freelancer said:
A strange lightning was captured on a photo in southern France.

Check out the link:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20090611/sc_livescience/strangelightninglookslikejellyfish

Look at the image... it's quite interesting.

Here is the image :

090611-jellyfish-sprite-02.jpg

(a bit reminiscent of the 'jellyfish' cropcircle discussed here

Hi folks great thematic,

It is amazing what modern cameras can record, entering in world of mysterious TLE's.

TLE or Transient Luminous Events are very interesting and red sprites and blue jets are most common of TLE variates and most important producing lot of Gamma ray bursts, sadly they last for duration of particle of second and only high sophisticated cameras can document them.
Red sprites are large but weak luminous flashes that appear directly above an active thunderstorm system and are coincident with powerful positive cloud-to-ground lightning strokes. Their spatial structures range from small single or multiple vertically elongated spots, to bright groupings which extend from above the cloud tops to altitudes up to almost 60 miles (about 95 km. Sprites are predominantly red and they usually last no more than a few milliseconds. The brightest region lies in the altitude range 40 to 45 miles (about 65-75 km), above which there is often a faint red glow or wispy structure that extends to about 55 miles (90 km). Below the bright red region, blue tendril-like filamentary structures often extend downward to as low as 20 miles (30 km). Some events are loosely packed and may extend across horizontal distances of 30 miles (50 km) or more. Their shapes can be variously described as resembling jellyfish, carrots, or columns. Because of their low surface brightness, they have only been imaged at night (primarily with highly sensitive cameras). However, if ones eyes are sufficiently dark-adapted, one can actually detect them without any visual aid. The first images of a sprite were accidently obtained in 1989, although anecdotal reports of "rocket-like" and other optical emissions above thunderstorms go back more than a century. Early research reports for these events referred to them by a variety of names, including "upward lightning," "upward discharges," "cloud-to-stratosphere discharges," and "cloud-to-ionosphere discharges." Now they are simply referred to as sprites, a whimsical term that evokes a sense of their fleeting nature, while at the same time remaining nonjudgemental about physical processes that have yet to be determined.

Blue jets are a second high altitude optical phenomenon, distinct from sprites and first documented in 1994 (although pilots had earlier reported similar sightings). Blue jets are optical ejections from the top of the electrically active core regions of thunderstorms, but not directly associated with cloud-to-ground lightning. Following their emergence from the top of the thundercloud, they typically propagate upward in narrow cones of about 15 degrees, fanning out and disappearing at heights of about 25-30 miles (40-50 km) with a lifetime of a couple of tenths of a second.

Blue starters differ from blue jets in that the are brighter but shorter (reaching to only about 12 miles altitude). These were reported to occur over regions where large hailstones were falling.
Elves are rapidly expanding (up to 300 miles across) disk-shaped regions of luminosity, lasting less than a thousandth of a second, which occur high above energetic cloud-to-ground lightning of positive or negative polarity. Elves most likely result when an energetic electromagnetic pulse (EMP) propagates into the ionosphere. Though they can be accompanied by sprites, the causative mechanism is of an entirely different nature. Predicted to exist in 1991and discovered with a low-light video camera aboard the Space Shuttle in 1992, elves got their name as an acronym for Emission of Light and Very Low Frequency perturbations due to Electromagnetic Pulse Sources.

Sprite halos were mistaken as elves until 1999. They are diffuse disk shaped glows that apparently precede sprites and propagate downward from about 50 miles to 40 miles (85 to 70 km) altitude and last about a millisecond.

Trolls, also recently observed, resemble blue jets, but are red and seem to occur after tendrils of vigorous sprites extend downward toward the cloud tops.

Gnomes are possibly just a different manifestation of blue starters but appear with a more compact shape above convective domes.

Pixies are pinpoints of light, lasting less than 16 milliseconds, on the surface of convective domes that produced gnomes.

Gigantic jets, first documented in July 2002, are similar to carrot-shaped red sprites in spatial extent but propagate upward from the core of oceanic thunderstorms and are not directly associated with cloud-to-ground lightning.

More info on: http://www.sky-fire.tv/index.cgi/spritesbluejetselves.html and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xVThAFfP0E

Attachments

• sprites.jpg
    sprites.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 14
  • ground-blue-jet.jpg
    ground-blue-jet.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 9
And one nice red sprite.

Attachments

• main_burning_tree_sprites.jpg
    main_burning_tree_sprites.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 8
I found excellent article realted to our mysterious occurrences in earth atmosphere, the article name is:

Summary of observations of thunderstorms, sprites and elves from the space shuttle Columbia during the MEIDEX

you can read it on scribid: http://www.scribd.com/doc/19385730/Summary-of-Observations-of-Thunderstorms-Sprites-and-Elves-From-Space-Shuttle-Columbia-During-MEIDEX

Looking more in to the thematic I noticed that toady's earth lighting grid has more over 30 ELF antennas, this project is called: Israeli Sprite hunting project, hm-mm ELF antennas, and they only observe lightnings, nothing more, with so many antennas to cover whole world? Check on: http://www.tau.ac.il/~royyaniv/ILAN_website/pics.html

and there's another project in the same country called: ILAN– Imaging of Lightning And Nocturnal emissions (with UFO-capture detection software: only “good’ events are kept in uncompressed) yes you read it well UFO detection, I would really, like to believe that this sophisticated techniques is used in peaceful science and nothing more, any way enjoy in reading and love to hear your opinion on this.

Good post Ljubica.

I used to operate a lightning data collection company in Australia and know a little of lightning physics. This phenomena has been well known for some time or at least since 1990.

This site provides a good FAQ

http://www.sky-fire.tv/index.cgi/spritesbluejetselves.html#2

They don't last for long, like common lightning, here is some video footage...

http://ibis.nmt.edu/sprites/HighSpeed.html

Could it be that the sprites have any relation with an extra-Solar System body (Brown Dwarf) to near? and may be they can be interpreted as an electric discharge from the earth and the same thing may be happening in another planets.

Just a thought.

:huh:

DreamGod said:
Could it be that the sprites have any relation with an extra-Solar System body (Brown Dwarf) to near? and may be they can be interpreted as an electric discharge from the earth and the same thing may be happening in another planets.

Just a thought.

:huh:

Sprite are one form of lightning. The Sun's companion might have an influence on lightning activity in two ways at least.

Lightning being the result of an electric potential difference between the upper atmosphere and the Earth's surface, the grounding of the Sun by its companion reduces the electric charge of the upper atmosphere and should therefore reduce lightning frequency.

However with the Sun's companion comes an hypothesized cometary swarm that loads the atmosphere with cometary dust. This dust reduces the atmospheric conductivity. Therefore the fair weather circulation of electrons (from the surface to the upper ionosphere) is limited, enabling the build-up of strong electric charges differences which are the prime cause for lightning bolts.

Looking at lightning images recently to me they increasingly look like openings. I remembered C's saying storms represent battles in 4thD. What if lightning with all its 3D physical symptoms of moving charge is a momentary crack in reality representing a weakened density border?

4thD was said to be super-energized. What if lightning is actually a crack into 4thD, where lightning strength overall lighting is normal daylight? Think of a person outside in a dark night looking (from low energy 3rdD) into a strongly lit room (into 4thD) through a narrow crack (through lightning) in the house's wooden wall. Wooden wall representing a thick density border.

lilies said:
Looking at lightning images recently to me they increasingly look like openings. I remembered C's saying storms represent battles in 4thD. What if lightning with all its 3D physical symptoms of moving charge is a momentary crack in reality representing a weakened density border?

4thD was said to be super-energized. What if lightning is actually a crack into 4thD, where lightning strength overall lighting is normal daylight? Think of a person outside in a dark night looking (from low energy 3rdD) into a strongly lit room (into 4thD) through a narrow crack (through lightning) in the house's wooden wall. Wooden wall representing a thick density border.

Here are 2 excerpts where the Cs mention links between lightning and 4D

Q: (L) What is ball lightning?
A: Electromagnetic spark. Pass from 4th to 3rd density.

Q: (L) strange events during the night and early morning hours, reported by TR and JR compared with events that happened that John said that he experienced and also, TR's dad, and also something woke A*** up with a start and I was awakened with a strange feeling. We are a little bit curious about this event, this occurrence, and we would like to have some information on it. What exactly was it?
A: Thunder.
Q: (L) It seemed to be an extraordinarily massive strike, and it seemed to have been heard at a great distance in several directions. Where, in fact, did this lightning bolt strike?
A: Cell was uniformly structured throughout region.
Q: (T) So we all heard that particular blast because of that?
A: No. Each zone received similar EM profile, thus one particularly heavily charged event in each zone.
Q: (L) What is an EM profile?
A: Electromagnetic.
Q: (L) Was there any particular significance to this type of blast since it is not something any of us has experienced in our immediate memory. Is there any implication to this blast in terms of 4th density activity?
A: You have, and yes, as always.
Q: (L) Since this was such a boomer, what exactly was going on on 4th density that produced a boomer like this?
A: Overlapping densities, lasting approximately 1.3 seconds, as you measure time i.e.: for 1.3 seconds, you lived completely in 4th density.
Q: (T) So this was a significant event for us to have noticed?
A: The noticing was more significant than the event.
Q: (V) Can I ask... so every time there is... am I wrong in assuming that every time there is thunder there is a mix of 4th density? (L) No, no. (V) It's just this one time? (T) What about if you didn't notice? I didn't hear it. (T) What was the answer? (L) The noticing was more important than the event. (T) So it was important that we were aware that something had happened...
A: You did at another level of consciousness.
Q: (L) Did this event have anything to do with A***'s experience this morning of being awakened by a rustling in her room and thinking that she heard a squeaky voice calling her name?
A: Yes.

Q: (L) Okay, what was it that she experienced?
A: 4th density "resident."
Q: (L) And what kind of 4th density resident was this?
A: Om.
Q: (L) Who is Om. (V) Is it a name? (T) Is Om the name of the being?
A: Type.
Q: (L) What is a type Om?
A: You would rather not know!
Q: (L) No, I would rather know. If something is going to be visiting A*** in her bedroom, I definitely want to know who or what it is.
A: Who says this will be regular event?
Q: (V) So, in other words, if it is not going to happen all the time,
don't worry about it, is that right?
Q: (T) This was just a one time event?

Sprite are one form of lightning. The Sun's companion might have an influence on lightning activity in two ways at least.
Japan
"It's commonly thought carbon-14 is created by cosmic rays at a roughly constant rate, hence the predictive power of the technique. But there's a suggestion thunderstorms may alter the ratio of carbon-12 to carbon-14, which may slightly change the accuracy of or calibration required for carbon-14 dating to work."

Large sprites occasionally occur in the low sky northwest of Hiratsuka today. It is a sprite of 21:40:41 and 46:53 on August 11, 2020. Perhaps it may be possible to shoot with the composition with the Perseids meteor shower.

Sol (our sun) is definitely responding to your hypothesis, Sir. At a time of it going quite, it's having some birth pangs, or so it seems.

Back
Top Bottom