A Yoda Guy and a Weird Ingredient

Benjamin

The Living Force
Two nights ago I had a dream but I can only remember parts of it.

The dream had been progressing for a while in a house but the first part that I remember was that I was in a small town (very similar to a town I used to live in) and had walked into a outdoor 'tent' type space in a parking lot with a small table and some chairs set up to meet someone. The tent-ish thing was light and airy, but the meeting felt slightly secretive, in a way. The guy I was meeting turned out to be a humanized version of what looked like Yoda. We spoke quietly for a bit, I think, and then he left. While he was away, an image flashed in my mind of the head of the Yoda guy but instead of the usual greenish skin colour, it was a bright red and had the title 'THE YAR' underneath it. He returned and handed me a can of pop. In my actual life, I do not drink pop and this translated into my dream but I didn't want to throw it away in front of him so I made some excuse about having to leave. I left and walked downtown on the sunny day. There were a few people around and there was a feeling of vibrancy and liveliness in the air.

I next found myself in the old high school I attended. It was torn down 10 or so years ago now but in my dream there were a few people walking around in the hallways. I decided to head to the bathroom to dump the pop when I decided to take a quick look inside the gym. I opened the door and could see through another doorway on my left into an office where a guy was typing something and didn't notice me. I then scanned the gym to see that there were many tables and chairs set up in in the centre of the gym in front of the stage covered by a black curtain. The tables had black table clothes on them and red chairs. The room was only half-lit. The gym was being prepared for a graduation ceremony but was not ready yet. There was no one in the room.

I left and went to the washroom to dump my can of pop. When I got there, I looked at the can. I don't remember the name of the product but I think it was a white or silver can with blue print. In real life I always look at the ingredients list on a new product and that translated into my dream as well. There were several ingredients but I only remember the first one: 'Low Sky', written in the blue print. For some reason I decided to open the can a try it. It seemed to be a waste to just dump it so I opened it and took a drink. I took a few more before, I think, I woke up.

'THE YAR'- Not much of an idea as to what it means. The only thing I could come up with is 'yar' backwards is 'ray'. I remember the whole day before the dream, I was not in a great mood. I felt 'atmospherically oppressed' (we've had 2 weeks of about -25C to -31C) but I don't know if this had anything to do with 'the ray'.

'Low Sky'- My mind was rolling this one around for awhile. What a weird ingredient. I could not figure it out until I was making lunch and an old memory faded into view of a SNES video game I played a few times called 'Ogre Battle'. I loved playing that game but didn't get to play it much but it's the only place where I can pinpoint that combination of words that makes any sense. It's a strategy RPG game where you have to create 'units' of characters to do battle with the baddies. (Link) What is relevant is that every character has a 'terrain type'; eg: some are 'plains' characters and so fight best on 'plains' terrain. Other types of terrain are snow, forest, shallows, swamp, mountain, ocean, high sky and low sky. Now, there are many different characters that are tied to the same terrain type. The ones for 'low sky' are (male units) Hawk Man, Eagle Man, Raven Man, Imp, Demon, Devil, (female units) Angel, Cherubim, Seraphim, Faerie, Pixie, Sylph, (undead units) Ghost and Phantom. Ok. So what? Yeah, I'm not sure where to go with this. It might be nothing. But why did I drink it? It could be that 'low sky' means something completely different.

'Graduation'- There was an 'anticipation' feel about it all.

I wrote this very late last night and wanted to add something but was too tired to find the quote.

A day before this dream I had finished reading 'Cometary Encounters' and along with CatHoM and ECatHCC (back-to-back), I was fairly comet saturated. However, this dream made me think of something from CE found on p. 128:

Second, the Sumerians had an elaborate sexagesimal (419) numeral system, which five millennia later is still used across the world for measuring parameters like angles, time or geographic coordinates. Within this numeral system, one of the main units was the Sar, (420) which is equal to 3,600 years. (421)

419: Sexagesimal is a numeral system with sixty as its base.
420: Also spelled "Shar" or "Saros."
421: Christine Proust (2009), "Numerical and Metrological Graphemes: From Cuneiform to Transliteration," Cuneiform Digital library Journal.

'The Yar' in my dream may be a reference to this only with the 'S' changed to a 'Y' so as to make 'ray' understandable. Along with the image of the slightly modified head of a red Yoda (comet?- not sure on that) perhaps the dream was explaining why I was feeling 'atmospherically oppressed' that day. And why a Yoda lookalike? (wise alien/700 y.o. Jedi Master -> 'low sky'/flight-> devil/angel?)

Regardless, this whole dream had a very 'comet' theme to it though, like I said, I was pretty saturated.

This is probably way off, but when I read your opening post and the word 'Yar' appeared, the Atari 2600 video game "Yars' revenge" from 1982, that I played back then, popped to my mind. There is a short comic as an introduction to that game: AtariAge - The Qotile Ultimatum! - AtariAge Magazine Archive

:lol: It's funny you should say that because I had actually thought of that too! It was a pretty fleeting thought but it was there. Heck, I still have a copy and an Atari 2600! Still works as far as I know. But what are the chances that it has some meaning in my dream? I read the 8 page comic. Fun, cheesy. Some interesting little bits in there like the idea of a secret history that then turns into an instruction manual but nothing immediate jumps out at me.

Huh. Did you know 'yar' is in the dictionary? I sure didn't.

Yar (jɑː; jɛə)

adj.
1. (Nautical Terms) (of a sailboat) agile, quick, easily manoeuvred
2. agile, nimble

Seems to be related to the word 'yare':

Yare (yɛər or, esp. for 1,2, yɑr)

adj. yar•er, yar•est.
quick; agile; lively.
2. (of a ship) quick to the helm; easily handled or maneuvered.
3. Archaic. a. eady; prepared. b. nimble; quick.

Also, yar (for defs. 1,2).
[before 900; Middle English; Old English gearu, gearo=ge- y- + earu ready; c. Old Saxon, Old High German garo ready]

It's also found on the Etymology Dictionary site:

Yar

growling sound, imitative, attested from c. 1300.

...and:

Yare (adj.)

"ready, prepared," Old English gearo "ready, prepared, equipped," from gearwian "to equip, prepare" (related to gearwe "clothing, dress") from Proto-Germanic *garwjan "to make, prepare, equip, ready, complete" (see gear (n.). Cognate with German gar, Dutch gaar. Related: Yarely.

Hmm. Interesting.

Yars' Revenge.jpg

After thinking about this, I've come up with a different interpretation. The red-faced Yoda image with the title 'THE YAR' beneath might represent being 'angry' at my level of preparedness and should perhaps be 'quicker' and more 'ready'. I found it interesting that the words 'gear' (eg: "...from Proto-Germanic *garwjan "to make, prepare, equip"") and 'year' (eg: "Old English gear (West Saxon)...", "...from PIE *yer-o-, from root *yer- "year, season" (source also of Avestan yare (nominative singular) "year"") are related. I also 'ingested' the awareness of 'Low Sky' but I'm still unclear what that is.

Before I went to sleep last night I sent the question out what 'low sky' was. Well, I didn't have a dream, but during my morning walk I found certain scenarios and dialogue being run in my head, which usually happens but this was not what I usually 'think' about. Ultimately, the conclusion I drew was actually about the brain itself and how it's not a storage container (like a hard drive) but rather a complex organ of connection which I had read about in one of Laura's books recently. This made me think about 'dirty channels' and what I am still connected to and how this might be a/the meaning behind 'Low Sky'. This might mean that my 'preparedness level' has perhaps more to do with what I am connected to.

It's funny that in the game Ogre Battle, there are only four 'High Sky' characters: the Gryphon, Cockatris, Wyrm (a type of sea serpent/dragon) and Wyvern. All of these are fast moving and powerful in the game. They also happen to all be related to comets.

Back
Top Bottom