Advice: how to die good?

Michal

Jedi Council Member
FOTCM Member
Hi,

I would like to be prepared for dying. Although I am young and still healthy but from time to time I am thinking about dying, death and end of my existence.

This question although comes from my whim (?) but I guess is something more general applicable to all.

I know that this was touched in SRT, in Knowledge and Being videos and in adventure with Patrick Rodriguez. But the question is:

What shall I do, what shall I think, what shall I concentrate on when my time will come to die?
Or is that of no value anyway?...

Mikel said:
Hi,

I would like to be prepared for dying. Although I am young and still healthy but from time to time I am thinking about dying, death and end of my existence.

This question although comes from my whim (?) but I guess is something more general applicable to all.

I know that this was touched in SRT, in Knowledge and Being videos and in adventure with Patrick Rodriguez. But the question is:

What shall I do, what shall I think, what shall I concentrate on when my time will come to die?

IMO death is not something you have to prepare for or can for that matter, it's a natural transition and when it happens then it happens. What you should focus on is learning the lessons of 3D existence since this is all we are here to do. You're existence won't end either, it'll just change/upgrade/redo this density. What brought this question?

I think, the knowledge and general level of development, is that what influence the moment of dying and moment just after.

Technically, the best what you can do after death, is fly to the light.

All of this, what have influence on the process is your knowledge and level of being (in the cosmo-spiritual term). Notice, that even the knowledge about densities give you some awareness.

To die well is to live well. I think about this a lot. And sometimes I reach the point where I could say, "Today was good, I could die right now." Just do your best each day and moment to learn and address what is in front of you. Have you read G's Last Hour?

Mikel said:

My general advice is to go into the Light after you died. I don't encourage any newly departed to "hang around" for any reason.

If you endured a sudden or traumatic death, that will take some "time" but mainly first to acknowledge that you died (most documented earthbound spirits didn't remember their deaths) and know that the Light is always there to take you home.

The whole "denial of death" thing that has been going on for thousands of years is deeply ingrained in one's core, affecting how one perceives death. Similar to what 3D Student just wrote above, to embrace death is to live life fully.

Zadius Sky said:
Mikel said:

My general advice is to go into the Light after you died. I don't encourage any newly departed to "hang around" for any reason.

If you endured a sudden or traumatic death, that will take some "time" but mainly first to acknowledge that you died (most documented earthbound spirits didn't remember their deaths) and know that the Light is always there to take you home.

The whole "denial of death" thing that has been going on for thousands of years is deeply ingrained in one's core, affecting how one perceives death. Similar to what 3D Student just wrote above, to embrace death is to live life fully.

Well summarized Zadius Sky, and thanks again for all your posts on the topic of Death.

There's a famous text called The Last Hour of Life in which Gurdjieff lays out his thoughts about dying and devises an exercise to prepare for that.

It can be found and/or downloaded here: http://www.searchwithin.org/download/last_hour_life.pdf

This text was brought up or mentioned in at least three topics on this forum:

If certain to die in 3-6 months what your TO DO NOW list would be?
How does one die properly and not become a hungry ghost?
The Most Intense Dying Experience I've Had

Also relevant for this subject IMO would be the topic On Death

Using the search function might yield even more relevant topics. FWIW.

Hope this helps a bit. :)

On a personal note: the best preparation would be to always be ready to check out at a moment's notice without having any regrets about moving on.

3D Student said:
To die well is to live well. I think about this a lot. And sometimes I reach the point where I could say, "Today was good, I could die right now." Just do your best each day and moment to learn and address what is in front of you. Have you read G's Last Hour?

Hi 3D Student. No I have not read G's Last Hour. Will search for it. Thanks.
Palinurus. Wow! Thanks. I feel guilty that I have not done this research more deeply. Thank You for the topics You've listed.
Zadius Sky, lux and Tigersoap thank You also.

What brought this question about preparation for death? Probably the most my worries about my health :). My wife is calling me hypochondriac. I am seeing this as simply being sensitive to signals from the body which always were making me afraid while being out of my control. Body for me was more foreign than my mind. My body is coming to me to say things that I do not understand most of the time - this is what I think of myself. Body is very complicated machine.

I do not know when I will die but sure thing is that I will. I will die. As I am afraid of dying I still like this thought about death. That she will come. That she is real and I am not everlasting. This changes perspective. This sorts things in right order. I wish I could feel this closeness more often actually.
For me those moments were always bringing me good things - maybe I exaggerate but realization of dying, closeness of death is helping me with stupidity, fantasies, day dreaming...

So coming back, motivator for me is purely egoistic preparation and alleviation of fear. Other is that as I treat myself I would like to treat my loved ones if they searched for my help. Why not to be prepared?

I will go through proposed threads. Thank You once again!

You can find The Last Hour of Life here: _www.searchwithin.org/download/last_hour_life.pdf
Also you may want to read this entry from Cassiopaea Glossary: http://glossary.cassiopaea.com/glossary.php?id=229

In regards to a fear of death, have you had a chance to read The Denial of Death by Ernest Becker (1973)? It goes into how a fear of death is the most basic motivation for human behavior.

Plus, there's a new book that came out last summer (2015): The Worm at the Core: On the Role of Death in Life by Sheldon Solomon, Jeff Greenberg, and Tom Pyszczynski, which expands on Becker's book, along with sobering case studies. It furthers the understanding of "what makes people act the way they do?" and several aspects of unrealistic beliefs.

I'd recommend both books to anyone.

The unrealistic beliefs are important to be aware of, especially when they affect your death passage.

fwiw.

We did a Health and Wellness show on this subject last year and it got a good response from listeners. You might want to check for it in the archives for some interesting insights.

https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,39973.0.html

3D Student said:
I agree with this. I would say to die well would be to get to the point where you can say that you don't think you will carry anything with you to the next life. A tall order I'm sure but to work towards that, day by day, is the best way to prepare I suppose.

sorry for the above..I hit post on accident. Not seeing where I have the option to edit either. Could a moderator delete my last post, thanks..

Anyway...as I was saying :-[ There is a book I'm currently reading that you may find helpful, it's called 'Die Wise : A Manifesto for Sanity and Soul' by Stephen Jenkinson. Went to a talk of his last year when he was promoting this book..finding it to be a helpful read so far.

Cleo said:
sorry for the above..I hit post on accident. Not seeing where I have the option to edit either. Could a moderator delete my last post, thanks..

That post has been deleted.

Back
Top Bottom