Alien Dream & High Strangeness

Craig

Jedi Master
Hi everyone,

You know it's funny; you'd think that having read so many case-studies, books, and other information regarding the abduction phenomena (particularly the infamous Gray alien) over the years, that plenty of dreams with such themes would be numerous. Yet, I've never had one single dream (at least that I can recall) in which I saw an "alien"! Well, only one. But even then, it was a tall humanoid in an orange jumpsuit. Plenty "lights in the sky," though.

Last night, I went to sleep quite early and it was one of those nights where you have about thirty different dreams. Yet, in context of the "standard" abduction account, I think it is interesting. Here is what I wrote in my dream journal this morning:

Journal said:
I remember sitting in a sort of "waiting room" with about ten other individuals. I didn't know any of them, but had awareness that this wasn't our first visit together. After some discussion - perhaps about what the heck was going on - a television blinked on across the room and we became aware that it was CCTV footage. It was film from a high angle into some forest area and it was being explained to us that what we were seeing was a ghost caught on tape. What I as observing was a grey elongated "mass" (although the footage was black and white) - figure like - weaving speedily through the trees as though navigating a maze. I was quite frightened. It wasn't the thought of it being a real ghost that was scary but the movement itself; as though distressed and ready to "attack."

Then it got worse. The film footage clicked off and on screen appeared a different recording. This time I saw two grey aliens; HUGE heads, big black wrap-around eyes which "glistened" on what was possibly the moonlight. Their heads were bobbing around slightly, as though they were in discussion, and I got the impression that they were waiting for something. I realised that an abduction was taking place.

They disappeared from the screen (as though it had been edited) and "emerged" again with their hands out in front of them. They were physically levitating a human male, who was completely out of it, by the looks of things! I seemed at this point to have a more close-up view and I could see that the man had some consciousness and his face showed distress. These Gray aliens were peering closely into his face as they walked, and it was like they'd purposely surrounded themselves with light in order to produce a different impression on the man than what was actually taking place! It was as if the memories that he would likely recall of seeing this alien face up close, and perceiving strange lights in his face were STAGED. As I watched, I thought this was quite strange, almost shocking.

At one point - very instantaneously - I had a view of what this man would be seeing, and saw this alien peering closely into my face, looking very indifferent, cold, and uncaring.

Anyway, I was back watching it on the television. At this point a few human beings appeared - and I felt a sinking feeling; realising that some groups of humans were in on it too! This dream ended with again, BEING this man that I had been watching, and realising it was the people I' been with in this "waiting room" who were helping the aliens.

The next part was quite strange too. I was coming out of a Walmart with my mother (it’s not even called Walmart in the UK!) and there was a married couple in front of us. They shunned their little boy away from them - calling him a "little bastard" - and he started to cry. We comforted him and my mother said: "How dare you treat your child like this!" and for some reason, I got very suspicious of the situation. It just (again) seemed like a staged event - and that if we stayed with the child while his parents walked off (it seemed they were desperate to get away) with not even the slightest care about him, we would be "trapped." So I immediately demanded that we leave, and to ignore the child because he was partly in on the deception. We were driving out of the car-park, when I looked around at a large sign which said "WALMART: Parking Area 11111" which seemed to confirm for me (due to the number) that it was indeed, a setup. We would have been arrested for kidnapping or something, if we had remained with the child.

I also recall kneeling in my bed, at night (as it would have been) and realising that there were two "grey" office chairs in my room. Now there is only one at the moment, which I place behind the door before I go to sleep (always have done - it makes me feel safer) and I remember placing that one and getting on the bed to see that there was another. I cannot help having the impression that this one was different - almost a cover for something that was "alive" I even think I was mentally talking with it! The other week when I wrote [on casschat] about this strange waking-dream and thinking "I'm glad that little alien has gone" - it had "gone"from where the office chair was.

I also had a couple of other dreams: two distinctly centred on windows being open and a strong wind blowing through. The first I can barely recall, only to say that I was hiding behind a one-way mirrored window observing and listening to some people talking on the other side. But it kept blowing open, and I had to duck down so as not to be discovered. The second involved me comforting a small baby, holding her as she went to sleep in my arms. I then put her in the crib but she woke again, so I repeated the process. Finally she seemed to go to sleep but then her eyes shot open and strangely started to shout: "I can't breathe, I can't breathe!!" So I grabbed her, hurried out of the room and into another. I realised then that I was in my old house, the haunted one. I also realised that the air was thick and polluted in that bedroom (it was my sister's) and so I went back in and opened the window and the baby slept.
Something real, or just an active imagination? It seems in light of much high strangeness around here recently (and much synchronicity and identification while reading Karla Turner's Into the Fringe) there may be more to this than meets the eye.

I have also been experiencing what can only be described as nightmares involving the lizzies and their minions ever since I became aware of them. I had not had nightmares for years before this and only very few when I was young. My initial explanation was simply that such significant information had saturated by subconcious and my dreams were expressing my fears about these beings, although I never feel fear about them when awake. Now I also wonder what the 'origins' of these (and all dreams) may be and is there some significance to the fact that they fill me with so much fear when this has never happened before in my life. Some of these dreams almost felt like I was half awake, especially those involving 'ethereal' entities which seem to be trying to elicit fear out of me. Fortunately in these situations I do not play their game and they leave me alone. If on the other hand they were more 'real', like 4th density STS beings, I'd flip out! I am deeply sympathetic to abductees and even people who have just seen these beings, especially while in bed.

I also remember reading a transcript from the C's describing how dreams may be working on different levels, both symbolically and, in a sense, actually.

Craig,
I'm not sure if you've told us this already or not, but, to your knowledge have you ever been abducted? The content you're describing sounds an awful lot like screen memories and your conscious "sweeping things under the rug" when you become aware of a presence. I'm just curious, really. The only times that I have become suspicious that I have been "messed with" is when I notice something and my mind instantly explains or dismisses it, so it all starts to fade away. That is when I stop myself and think, "hold it one second, why so quick to explain that one away, eh??" Then I grab the front of my shirt and push myself against the nearest wall, while asking myself face to face in a rough whisper, "just who the heck do you think you're foolin', huh, smiley?"
Unfortunately, I find myself to be very tight lipped. Kidding aside, I also wonder since you've obviously been exposed to quite a bit of the unexplained throughout your life - how many times were those ghosts just screen memories for other things? It could be never, but how often do you think? Of course, I often see a bright light in dreams and "just know" that they're back again for me - I really hate that feeling - and I have jolted awake after a bright light, or other supposed dream experience with the definite feeling that I was not alone, but I always sweep it under the rug. That rug must have a whole lot of stuff under it by now. I suppose, ultimately, I'm curious about your take on it since we've all probably been through certain things that don't register on our "oh, yeah, remember when..." lists.

Last night the things I mentioned in my previous post stepped up a gear. I am sure these are not just nightmares, they have a whole different quality. I am starting to think I have a serious spirit attachment or something. I'm reallly tired because three times I woke up (although it didn't feel like waking up, because the nightmare took place with me in my sleeping position, it is a more smooth transition) shivering after grappling with some entity which is saying my name. In the first one I remember some kind of green light floating about, and an overwhelming, confident sense of protection from my knowledge. Its like in these experiences I become a master exorcist who can deter these things with light and prevent them from scaring me too much.

I really want to know what is happening because I am so tired. Does anybody else have these nightmares that just don't feel quite like nightmares?

Hi Anne,

anart said:
Craig, I'm not sure if you've told us this already or not, but, to your knowledge have you ever been abducted? The content you're describing sounds an awful lot like screen memories and your conscious "sweeping things under the rug" when you become aware of a presence. I'm just curious, really. The only times that I have become suspicious that I have been "messed with" is when I notice something and my mind instantly explains or dismisses it, so it all starts to fade away. That is when I stop myself and think, "hold it one second, why so quick to explain that one away, eh??" Then I grab the front of my shirt and push myself against the nearest wall, while asking myself face to face in a rough whisper, "just who the heck do you think you're foolin', huh, smiley?"
Well a lot of things that have happened over the past year have pretty much all been suggestive of alien abduction, but at the same time, I have no conscious awareness of seeing an alien being or even a positive identification of a UFO. I wouldn't say that I've consciously swept things under the rug, because I have developed a keen eye for these synchronicities and strange phenomena and usually write them down and consider the possibilities. I'm just not going to assume that it is definitely this or that.

Although, right this second I just remembered another thing (whistling past the graveyard). My, erm, "down below bits" were kind of hurting (a dull aching sensation) that week as well.

anart said:
Unfortunately, I find myself to be very tight lipped. Kidding aside, I also wonder since you've obviously been exposed to quite a bit of the unexplained throughout your life - how many times were those ghosts just screen memories for other things? It could be never, but how often do you think?
I think it is probably unlikely, but who is to say? The thing with that is: the previous and current owners have also said strange stuff has happened. In fact, we were all talking about it when my aunt visited last night. Apparently, she didn't want to alarm so didn't tell us that one time, she was visiting again (to the other house), and she saw what looked like her deceased mother's face in MY bedroom window! Now again, that was strange because of the "waving lady" that my sister saw in the next window across another time.

anart said:
Of course, I often see a bright light in dreams and "just know" that they're back again for me - I really hate that feeling - and I have jolted awake after a bright light, or other supposed dream experience with the definite feeling that I was not alone, but I always sweep it under the rug. That rug must have a whole lot of stuff under it by now. I suppose, ultimately, I'm curious about your take on it since we've all probably been through certain things that don't register on our "oh, yeah, remember when..." lists.
Well that is a huge problem because it seems only by "spontaneous association" do these memories come to the surface, or by hypnosis. But I don't know - maybe even then you need a sort of "attractor" in one's mind; an event that acts as a magnet for others. Specifically with your bright light dreams, I think looking at your psychological and emotional response can help. Firstly, it is essential to be as sincere as you possibly can. I have no doubt whatsoever that there are certain 'I's within us that actually enjoy, in a vain way, having these experiences. When recounting it to yourself, be as aware as you possibly can to any urges to embellish or twist the facts; any additional imagination that you may "produce" perhaps even only to try and fill in the gaps to make sense of it. It is probably going to be skewed anyway, but at least we can be aware of further subjectivity. For example:

Around July 2005, I awoke one morning and suddenly had this "memory" in my mind of standing at the patio doors and seeing a green cubic craft just hovering about twenty feet off the ground in the back yard. I also recall a thought associated with this memory - something along the lines of "Oh don't worry about that, it is a new government craft being tested" and then thinking it was actually a helicopter with a fake shell on it. That was, I think, what was in my mind. It was like a still picture. I didn't remember "dreaming" it either.

Later, I began "remembering" being stood outside this time, and watching it slowly go over my head and over the houses. It suddenly acquired the element of movement. Sure, it may have been this (what I described as an "inpenetrable memory" as if there was a psychological block on examining it further) memory being further uncovered, but it may have been an embellishment from the "original."

It's things like this that we have to be aware of, how the memories seem to change with time. It would probably be a good idea to write down everything you can remember that was strange. If you're unsure about something, then write it anyway, but also recording that you're "doubtful."

Hi again, Craig -
What you're saying definitely makes sense. I have never seen an alien or ufo either, that I consciously remember, so I really just pay attention to how my mind is working when I notice something not quite right. Truth be told, I do hold fear about the abduction issue and hope that I have never been 'messed with' - I would much rather 'believe' that they can't get to me, or choose not to, but the impressions that emerge when I think about it simply scream 'wishful thinking'. When all is said and done, we will know what we went through, I suppose. For me, it's important to notice the changes in thinking and the physical traces that follow anomalous experiences and to work on not only keeping track of them, but also to understand how they affect my life.

anart said:
What you're saying definitely makes sense. I have never seen an alien or ufo either, that I consciously remember, so I really just pay attention to how my mind is working when I notice something not quite right. Truth be told, I do hold fear about the abduction issue and hope that I have never been 'messed with' - I would much rather 'believe' that they can't get to me, or choose not to, but the impressions that emerge when I think about it simply scream 'wishful thinking'. When all is said and done, we will know what we went through, I suppose. For me, it's important to notice the changes in thinking and the physical traces that follow anomalous experiences and to work on not only keeping track of them, but also to understand how they affect my life.
Yep - it is wishful thinking, but then again, what foundations are these fears based upon? This isn't a case of shoving things under the rug, but dreaming of a light and feeling a presence doesn't suggest a whole lot; unless there is more. You mention physical traces, are you talking theoretically here or from experience? Perhaps taking a detached perspective and arranging the possibilities out in front of you (mentally) is the best approach at present, and not giving any emotional precedence to a particular one.

It seems that seeing any absurdities can potentially provide enough emotional "shock" in conjunction with "cold thoughts" to actually set in place right attitudes and replace the wrong ones. I say wrong attitudes, because "hoping that I have never been messed with" is a negative emotional fear which usually drag you off into the realms of imagination and much unnecessary anxiety. Of course, you are entirely justified to feel angry at the possibility - IF you have enough circumstantial evidence. Many abductees wake up with puncture wounds, scratches, nose-bleeds. I think the fear aroused from this - perhaps an instinctive fear - would be more understandable and even normal.

It's like what I think Frai mentioned in the Fourth Way thread; the speed of the emotional centre is fastest and before we know it, it has run rings around our thoughts and influenced/skewed them.

<insert huge OSIT here> :)
Craig

Craig asked...
"You mention physical traces, are you talking theoretically here or from experience?"

From experience, actually. I could go into many details if you'd like, but for the moment suffice it to say that many bruises, cuts and sore spots, (and one mark that looked and felt exactly like an injection had been given) have been present in the morning that absolutely were not there the night before.

anart said:
Craig asked...
"You mention physical traces, are you talking theoretically here or from experience?"

From experience, actually. I could go into many details if you'd like, but for the moment suffice it to say that many bruises, cuts and sore spots, (and one mark that looked and felt exactly like an injection had been given) have been present in the morning that absolutely were not there the night before.
Well that does change things somewhat (yes, please elaborate!). Even more so if you found something physical after one of these bright light dreams. My mother used to have a recurring dream of hooded figures surrounding her bed when she was a child, and the chorus from a Carpenters song going through her mind. Look at the lyrics (!):

The Carpenters said:
On the day that you were born the angels got together,
And decided to create a dream come true,
So they sprinkled moondust in your hair
And golden starlight in your eyes of blue.
She also had frequent nosebleeds. Well, it was only when reading Karla Turner's Masquerade of the Angels that Ted Rice (the focus of the book) reported lizard beings as dressed in hooded garments and he called them "Angels".

Run away!! Run away!!! - that is the reaction I had at reading the part of your response that read - (yes, please elaborate!).

Apparently, a part of me REALLY doesn't want to look at this. ruh roh. I'll work on it and see what I come up with - and, yes, the marks and bruises are always present after what I would call a "bad night". Often, upon awakening and looking in the mirror, if my face is covered with grimace lines, then I know that something not fun has been going on. I'll try to explain: if you stand in front of a mirror and make the most gruesome grimace you can make, squeezing your eyes tightly closed, pulling your shoulders up high, contorting your mouth in agony- well, those lines that appear on your face when you grimace, they are sometimes still on my face in 'wrinkle form' after I awaken - and they stay for about a half an hour or so - which means that I held that grimace for quite some time while asleep. I turn 40 years old in April and my face is pretty young looking, (thanks to a few extra pounds) - so the fact that those lines stay on my face for that long really makes me wonder what I was so upset about while sleeping. Anyway, enough about me. Yeah, let's talk about you again! =)

Well damn it! I just remembered more incidents which I've written about before, but just didn't include here or maybe not on casschat either. They are both involving unexplained sounds.

I suppose it was early 2004 and I recall waking up looking at the clock and it was about 6am. The first thing I realised -- because it seems I was quite groggy -- was that my lamp was switched on. Immediately then, I became aware of a loud buzzing noise that filled my room; it literally sounded like there were about five bumblebees somewhere. It then either faded away, or I went straight back to sleep. When I recall the picture I have of this in my mind, the way I was sleeping just doesn't seem right; I was further down the mattress it seems.

Anyway, the second event was another noise but happened months apart and in full waking consciousness. The first time, I was listening to Whitley Strieber's Dreamland radio show and was probably before I came across Cassiopaea. I was lying in bed with the headphones on, and it was late. I think the show was just finishing and I began to hear a low rumbling noise outside - because the window was open. It was getting louder and louder and I was starting to panic but thought it must be a low flying plane. Then the rumbling stopped abruptly and I heard the most strange funny sound, it kind of went: "Whoop-whoopedy-woo-woo-woo" and faded away in about three seconds. Something a plane would not do.

I'll try and recreate the noise in a sound editing program later and see if I can upload it.

Maybe it was a couple of months later, I was again lying in bed reading this time and I began to get the feeling of being watched through the open window. It was at that moment, I started to hear the rumbling again and it made the exact same warbling sound as last time! It was made worse when I glanced at the clock on the video: 1:11am!

Okay, I just remembered an email I sent to Whitley Strieber (which is still on my computer) and it turns out that this buzzing sound I heard happened on February 21st 2004. Almost two years to the day. However, there is something else that I had forgotten about; in the email I said:

Craig said:
[Do] you remember an email I sent to you about a year ago? I said that as I was walking into the kitchen one night, something outside (seen through the patio doors) flashed. I was shaken up by it and obviously from reading some of your material and others, suspected something quite strange.
So actually, it seems the activity has just increased over the past year rather than "started". This incident really shook me up: I was up late again one night and feeling thirsty, made my way to the kitchen. I was just about to turn on the light, when there was a bright flash right in front of me in the back yard. It was literally like somebody had taken a picture of me. I immediately turned the light on, which illuminated the place where this flash seemed to come from, but there was nobody there. In the morning, we noticed that the flash must've come from where a large plant pot was, but whether this flash had anything to do with them being dead and crispy (unlike the others), I don't know. It was winter afterall. This is interesting in comparison with another experience, with a helicopter that circled my house last year. It seemed to only fly away as soon as I went to a window in which it blinded me momentarily with its spotlight (?) - in broad daylight however - and the thought "They've got you" popped into my mind. I felt again like it had taken a picture.

Anyway, earlier I was reading Jenny Randles' Alien Contact: The First Fifty Years in which she wrote about a case of a woman named Karen (who doesn't live that far from me):

Jenny Randles said:
Karen...had undergone many strange experiences in her life. These had included ghosts and poltergeists as well as vivid dreams and ESP phenomena [which is exactly my experience]... Along with her boyfriend Gary (now her husband), Karen had also had a number of UFO encounters, the most interesting of which had occurred at Newquay in Cornwall where they were working in the summer of 1979. In September of that year, Karen and Gary were walking together in a country lane at Pentire when they heard a humming noise which was followed by a rustling in the bushes. A blinding light then shot from a field skywards, leaving behind a blast of wind that rocked them 'like a high-speed train'. They were paying little attention to the time as it was a late-night stroll and they were winding down after a hard day, but there are hints that a time lapse may have occurred. If so, there could well be unrecorded memories of an abduction here.

After returning [home], Karen discovered that she was pregnant. Soon afterwards she had a terrifying dream in which the baby was born and was possessed by an incredible intelligence. It began talking immediately after being born and appeared to be like the devil. The dream scared Karen but she soon wrote it off as the normal fears of any future mother. However, the dream kept recurring. Then, on December 26, she found blood in her bed and tests revealed that she was no longer pregnant. It was assumed that she had miscarried and Karen interpreted her dreams as a premonition of the miscarriage.

In the summer of 1984, Karen awoke to hear a humming noise just like the one that had filled the bushes in Newquay five years earlier. Going to the bedroom window, she saw a white light directly outside. There was a door facing the window and a woman stood in this opening. The entity was 6 feet tall with china-white skin and slanted eyes. Its hair was very blonde, but it was hard to tell whether it was male or female. This is a comment often made by abductees. The being invited Karen into the light and she asked if she could bring her husband but was told that he would not wake and she should come alone. As she stepped towards the object that floated in mid-air, Karen recalled feeling cold and seeing lights, but she remembered nothing more about her encounter when she awoke the next morning. [p. 105]
Obviously there are some elements in there that I am more than familar with. The issue of pregnancy and being shown strange "wise babies" as Budd Hopkins called them, sort of rang a bell with me. Of course, I am male but over the past year, I've been having a lot of dreams about having a child. It all began with an extremely vivid and upsetting dream early last year. I was at a water-park and had the impression that I was a father and I was so happy to see my little girl having such fun going down the blue-slide. But then things turned bad. A huge gaping hold opened up in front of her, and she got sucked down, plummeting to the concrete ground below. Just before she lost her grip, she looked straight into my eyes and screamed "Daddy, help me!" and then fell. I think I was quite depressed for the rest of the day.

I've also had other recurring dreams of hiding from somebody (horrible domineering characters) because they were going "to take my baby away." The last one I had was from what I could see, rich in symbolic -- perhaps "esoteric" -- content. I wrote about it on casschat.

But hey-ho, could be symbolic for something else.

Anyway Anne, please don't feel pressured to write out your experiences on my account. Do it when you're comfortable and ready to face the possibility.

Okay - I've been playing around with some sound-editing software and have come up with this - I've uploaded to RapidShare. It comes quite close to what I heard on two seperate occasions. The hissing at the start just imagine it is a deep rumbling and the warbling imagine to be about ten times clearer:

Strange Noise MP3

I don't believe in Alien Abductions. I have seen too much to accept such an easy answer. But then I don't believe in gravity, the Grassynole theory, or sporks.

Hi everyone,

Had an odd dream last night that I can't really "connect" to anything that I'd read or experienced during the day. I was in a graveyard of all places, and my father and aunt were waiting at the gate while I went to "visit" whoever's grave this was. There was a large horizontal tombstone and I remember trying to write down what it said -- because there were like five sentences engraved on there -- but couldn't find a piece of paper that had enough space on it.

I do remember reading something along the lines of, "Knowledge creates an inner refuge..." towards the end and really, was probably along the lines of what the C's have said.

Anyway, feeling very nervous and jumpy tonight; right before I wrote the above ("Knowledge creates...") I felt a very distinct popping sensation in my right ear, which seemed to actually travel towards my left and a high pitched whining for about twenty seconds. I've also felt like I'm being watched for the past two hours or so. :(

It's probably just accumulated imaginative/emotional thoughts. Seems something strange has been occurring every weekend for the past couple of weeks, so I am anticipating and likely getting myself all worked up.

Back
Top Bottom