Alternative medicine for prostate, kidneys and lung conditions

SMM

The Living Force
A family friend of over 5 years who is old (in their 70s) has been diagnosed with enlarged prostate, kidney damage recently, whom earlier last year was diagnosed with bronchiectasis - a long-tern lung airway condition.

Their aims are to cure the enlarged prostate and kidney damage using alternative medicine, not many of which are offered by public health services - namely plant and/or natural medicine and massage therapy.

The initial general advice given was to cut down sugar and dairy intake - following which I added the suggestion of a low carb, high fat keto-carnivore style elimination diet, paying attention to electrolytes and using the highest quality animal-based products (some of which are available and readily accessible locally/regionally). Their initial reaction was that the body needs sugar for energy, which led to me explaining how the body can either use fat or sugar for energy, and can convert fat stores into glucose when necessary by being broken down inti glycerol or carbon-chains of fatty acids. I read a testimony on how someone eliminated symptoms of an enlarged prostate on a carnivore diet, noticing changes within 3 weeks and becoming symptom free in 6 weeks. I left this discussion at try it for at least 30 days and they said they'll consider it, albeit are adamant to try the plant medicine and massage therapy alternative route first, and want minimal to no mainstream pharceuticals and interventions.

I've made some suggestions in the direction of diet and health, such as minerals/electrolytes (magnesium being key) and hormones, and have suggested they get some tests - mineral, hormonal and heavy metal - in that area. I'm planning to point them in the direction of some local holistic practitioners and providers generally.

When looking into the plan herbal medicine alternatives for an enlarged prostate, an African herb named pygeum came up, which is extracted from the bark of specific plum trees. Another plant alternative was Saw palmetto, which is from the fruit of a palm tree. Intuitively, the bark option sounds safer considering plants' natural defence mechanism.

I have tried African herbal medicinal remedies with good relative success years ago - not this herb specifically to my knowledge, although I can find out and verify for definite if that's the case, or if any of the ingredients used are from the same family of plants. Any notes, experiences/testimonials or advice on Pygeum and Saw palmetto?

When I searched the forum for pygeum, prostate, saw palmetto, what came up were these threads:

Improving Prostate health

Bladder cancer

Both threads have been insightful to look through. There may be other threads out there not yet covered.

They have looked into acupressure massage techniques for prostate massages, with general full body massages working on specific areas as and when.

Additionaly, they have lung conditions and - perhaps due to age and experience - their body systems on multiple levels are compromised to varying degrees.

To finish off, there are possible emotional and psychological connections to fear, or repression - such as fear of loss of power and control due to aging, and so on.

According to Louise Hay, the lungs are related to depression, fear and grief and prostate issues with distorted beliefs about our bodies and their perceived functions.

While writing this out and thinking about it, I'm reminded of Gabor Mate's book, 'When the Body Says No'.

All in all, what I can do in part is suggest, advice, and assist when they truly ask.

The main questions and points of this thread become: what are some thoughts, or evidence - anecdotal or clinical - on Pygeum and Saw palmetto for enlarged prostate, or the Dr's Best Bladder Support and protocols such as those in the aforementioned threads?

Thus, if kidney damage and bronchiectasis are factored into the overall picture, what modifications or approaches are appropriate and suitable with Pygeum etc. or other plant or herbal medicines and massage therapies/bodywork?

smoking Ganja helped my prostate pain alot as well as about 6 months of C-60 daily ..
I believe the C-60 made the pain nearly go away ,, and that was two years ago ..
with pain now only occasional and not near as bad .. just my experience ....and opinion ..

I also had some acute pain an tension in prostate region for a while, and seems that drinking wormwood tea solved it somehow because the last time ( a couple days ago) when pain started, instead of enduring for some time it suddenly snapped at once - G O N E Z O N I... 🚀

Paraziten Banditen ❌

👹

Hi,

I have Nephropathy IGA (Chronic Kidney Disease) and I have started working with TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine), which was recommended here on the forum.
My creatinine level (which is telling about your kidney filtration skills) dropped from 2.53 to 1.77 over 3 months. I am taking the Chinese mix of herbals for kidneys. I do not know what exact herbs are used and the proportions, however it is helping.
For limiting proteinuria you need to limit your daily protein intake. I heard also that high daily doses of omega-3 is helping to reduce that (6g/day). I am also searching other ideas for that, cause with that still I have some problems.
Maybe other members can help with that.

I'm 74 yo currently and have only a very mild prostate problem with absolutely no pain whatsoever. I think this is due to long time regular intake of a variety of herbal substances, all prostate and bladder/kidneys related. As we age, problems with these organs are increasingly very common and I didn't want to wait until it would be too late.

So, somewhere in my early sixties I decided prevention would be better than to need a cure, and I started taking self help medicine without prescription especially designed to keep the prostate and bladder/kidneys in optimal condition.

Here's a list of my daily intake since then:

pumpkin seed oil........................ 560 mg
Saw Palmetto extract................ 220 mg
stinging nettle extract.............. 700 mg
Javanese kidney tea extract... 100 mg
Echinacea purpurea extract... 20 mg
juniper extract............................. 500 mg
mucuna pruriens extract......... 200 mg
ginseng extract........................... 100 mg
pomegranate extract................ 85 mg
Ptychopetalum extract............. 35 mg
L-arginine...................................... 250 mg

Also included are ample magnesium, plus vitamin E and zinc from other sources. I also take 1 gram (1000 mg) of vitamin C daily, delayed release.

Recently, due to a thread started by Obi, I researched the characteristics of pycnogenol (French maritime pine bark extract) which appears to have a wide spectrum of effects, mainly anti-inflammation properties, improved blood circulation, lung function improvement and mood enhancement. The Obi thread links to an article in English of which the abstract is cited, and I found a very comprehensive source in Dutch entitled Pycnogenol -- overview of more than forty years of scientific research which can be read with translator help.

On the basis of what I found I added this pycnogenol stuff to my repertoire just to try it out. I haven't taken it long enough yet to be entirely sure of its effects but early indications seem promising and I intend to continue with it long term.

Hope this helps a bit. :-)

According to GreenmedInfo Saw Palmetto has about the same efficacy as the pharmaceutical drugs, but virtually no side effects.

For more information see here

According to GreenmedInfo Saw Palmetto has about the same efficacy as the pharmaceutical drugs, but virtually no side effects.

For more information see here
I have taken both Saw Palmetto and pharmaceutical drugs, independently, with no discernable improvement at all in my prostate at the time. In fact, in the end, the only solution to the enlarged Prostate was an intervention. Had I been aware of the effects of high dosage Vit C, or even of intravenous use, I would have taken that route prior to having any intervention.

Back
Top Bottom