Am

highmystica

Jedi Master
I sat down earlier hoping to catch something on t.v. and finding nothing gone on went for a walk, during the walk I was thinking about the absolute rarity of movies worth watching and how I just want to see a nice happy feel good movie ...

When I got home I found that amelie was about to start, and though I had seen it a few years ago and loved it then, I forgot how wonderfull that movie really is.

I know this movie is not for everyone, but if you are sensitive or introverted and don't mind watching a movie in french with sub-titles then it is highly recomended. For me just now with what has been going on in my heart and head it was exactly what I needed to see. Ah, there's a reason why that movie made my top-ten of all time list so to speak.

cool - I'll try to - sometimes it is difficult to find foreign movies. I don't know if it is so bad that she's in the daVinci code - considering how popular the book is. I know you didn't like it and I can see why, personally I liked it - it was just a fun read, I don't understand the weird psuedo-awakening others seem to have gotten from it ... it's just a piece of fiction, and to make something else out of it is foolish. Considering french movies years ago I saw an ancient black and white version of beauty and the beast, which is by far the best version of that story I have seen to date - it is just so well done, even the contrast is perfect, rarely are b/w movies on the level of b/w photography, and the little things they did to make the beasts castle "alive" were - well - it's just great.

Thanks prayers for the rain

I'm not particularly into B/W movies, but that version of beauty and the beast was amazing I *think* it was called "belle et la bete", I'll see if I can find the other Cocteau movies (particularly the eternal return *yayness*) - it's kinda hard to find stuff like that in the U.S. (b/w french movies that is - or any french movie for that matter).

I saw the city of lost children years ago maybe in 96 - 97? Anyway, that's fully bizarre that the same people made that and amelie ... I would never have guessed that ...

Thanks for offering other movies for me to look into ... I got american T.V. here and it sucks ... *pouts*

Am諩e

I throughly enjoyed Am諩e!

Yes, American TV sucks (normal channels) for the most part
however, I pretty much exclusively watch OPB (CH10). I like their
variety which has a strong mix of everything more intellectual, art,
history, science, novel-movies, mystery, and much less
mind-dumbing, beer/bimbo-big-breasted, violent-wrestlers, fake-psychics,
totalitarian-cops, violence-is-enrapturing-cartoons-for-kids, and
junk-stuff. Some of my OPB favorites are "Mystery" and "Masterpiece".

Ocassionally, OPB has really GREAT movies, for example, some time
ago, Masterpiece put out "Pride and Predjudice", with Colin Firth, a 6
hr movie [split into 2hr, 3 intervals] (available in DVD) and it blows away
the horrible hollywoodized, americanized, corrupted 2 hr screen-picture
version many times over IMO. Watching the hollowoodized, 2 hr version
makes you think that the storyl was written by an american and not the English
writer, Jane Austen.

Hello all, Brandon from Australia here.

Here's a little bit of intro since this is my first post:
I used to be on the Cassiopaea Yahoo group a few years ago. I left (my account was closed due to inactivity i think) and only read SotT and Cassiopaea sporadically for a few years, for various reasons. I was pretty immature then... a bit older now.. well, same as everyone of course. :) What I learnt (mainly about how to respond to psychopathic types, and self observation) has stayed with me and i've put it into action a bit.. I "rediscovered" SotT a couple weeks ago and have been listening to the great podcasts and re-reading the Adventures series, which I didn't quite "get" a few years ago, and lots of other stuff. It's good to see (and hear!) you all still going strong.

Anyway, to get to the point... I love the movie Amelie.. and it has an amazing soundtrack! The music by Yann Tiersen, especially the accordion and piano based songs, are beautiful. La Valse d'Amelie (accordion version) is probably my favourite one. Well worth checking out. :)

It's a bit silly, but I've long associated this soundtrack with the Cassiopaeans.. possibly because i find the words of the C's themselves (as read in the transcripts), the movie Amelie, and the music, all have a similar uplifting feel, sort of... nostalgic...hopeful. And of course I was listening to it a lot when I was reading the C's a lot.

Am諩e

I love it too very much Am諩e.

Very refreshing movie.

Another french movie that i liked too is Chocolate with Juliette Binoche. Well, if you like chocolate, you can smell it and even taste it with this movie. A good movie

Back
Top Bottom