Amazing fun with the Moon.

Wandering Star

The Living Force
This Tuesday I was in my house accompanied by a friend, who had helped me in an important matter during the day.

Suddenly looking out the window, I see a spectacular moon emerging in the "phase" of a waning quarter. A huge and beautiful "D" peeking over the horizon. His "horns" pointing to the left.

Notify my friend and we both went to the window to watch the wonderful "show".

Something did not fit me. I thought at the time, "Wow, I think yesterday the moon was full, Naa ... I must be wrong!"

The moon rose little by little in the sky and at half an hour the "horns" began to point upwards. It was "knocking down" let's say. "What a fast tour today!" _ I thought.

Finally there was the thing and did not think about it again.

The problem is that yesterday, from the same window, I saw a beautiful and bright moon "completely full" coming out over the horizon.

Perfectly round and very large.

I was "stopped" with my mouth open.

Then remember that on Sunday and Monday I had also contemplated the full moon.

I sent a message to my friend and he told me that he was also seeing the moon from his house and he was amazed.

My friend! - I said - Yesterday we saw something "impossible"!

In the end we only saw two possible explanations.

It was not the moon and it was something else!

O well...

Something huge covered it in part, creating the shape of a waning quarter!

On Sunday I saw the full moon. On Monday I saw the full moon. On Tuesday I saw the moon in a waning quarter. On Wednesday I saw the full moon.

Truly amazing.:-D

This Tuesday I was in my house accompanied by a friend, who had helped me in an important matter during the day.

Suddenly looking out the window, I see a spectacular moon emerging in the "phase" of a waning quarter. A huge and beautiful "D" peeking over the horizon. His "horns" pointing to the left.

Notify my friend and we both went to the window to watch the wonderful "show".

Something did not fit me. I thought at the time, "Wow, I think yesterday the moon was full, Naa ... I must be wrong!"

The moon rose little by little in the sky and at half an hour the "horns" began to point upwards. It was "knocking down" let's say. "What a fast tour today!" _ I thought.

Finally there was the thing and did not think about it again.

The problem is that yesterday, from the same window, I saw a beautiful and bright moon "completely full" coming out over the horizon.

Perfectly round and very large.

I was "stopped" with my mouth open.

Then remember that on Sunday and Monday I had also contemplated the full moon.

I sent a message to my friend and he told me that he was also seeing the moon from his house and he was amazed.

My friend! - I said - Yesterday we saw something "impossible"!

In the end we only saw two possible explanations.

It was not the moon and it was something else!

O well...

Something huge covered it in part, creating the shape of a waning quarter!

On Sunday I saw the full moon. On Monday I saw the full moon. On Tuesday I saw the moon in a waning quarter. On Wednesday I saw the full moon.

Truly amazing.:-D

Yeah I've noticed it too and found me-self a little bit flabbergasted, even contemplating if i dreamed of it... Weird thing that it wasn't even covered in MSM here which usually "explain trifles" of that kind in volumes:knitting:

🌝🌛🌝

Fascinating Stuff Ain't it?

It could be, in any case, the moon appeared on the horizon about 8:30 pm and when I went to sleep at 12:40 hours, the moon was still in a waning quarter and almost lying down, with the "horns" "pointing up.

A very long eclipse, in any case.
Mystery solved.:-)

A very long eclipse, in any case.
The sun and the moon only move in the sky realtive to your position on earth during such a short time because the earth is rotating, but that doesn't change much the alignment sun-earth-moon at that point in time. It takes the moon one month for a rotation around earth, so it also takes a couple of hours to travel through that shadow which the earth is casting. The earth is also larger than the moon (larger shadow), and during full moon / eclipse the earth and the moon travel somewhat together in the same direction around the sun. During a solar eclipse the smaller moon's shadow on earth is smaller and so a shorter time to be seen from some point on earth, and because of the sun-moon-earth alignment the moon and the earth travel in somewhat opposite directions, which makes the shadow travel faster over earth's surface, which further reduces the time it can be seen from some point on earth.

The sun and the moon only move in the sky realtive to your position on earth during such a short time because the earth is rotating, but that doesn't change much the alignment sun-earth-moon at that point in time. It takes the moon one month for a rotation around earth, so it also takes a couple of hours to travel through that shadow which the earth is casting. The earth is also larger than the moon (larger shadow), and during full moon / eclipse the earth and the moon travel somewhat together in the same direction around the sun. During a solar eclipse the smaller moon's shadow on earth is smaller and so a shorter time to be seen from some point on earth, and because of the sun-moon-earth alignment the moon and the earth travel in somewhat opposite directions, which makes the shadow travel faster over earth's surface, which further reduces the time it can be seen from some point on earth.
Thank you for your time dedicated to teaching.🤔

Back
Top Bottom