An illustrated book for dog lovers

NewOrleans

Jedi Master
While recovering from double eye surgery I gave myself the task of designing a book. Someone suggested drawing dogs (I'm a cat person, BTW) The rare text is a eulogy by American playwright Eugene O'Neill for his beloved pet Dalmatian, Blemmie. I had a bit of a difficult time getting permission from the lawyers representing the O'Neill estate ( the Yale Rare Manuscripts Library), but after some creative persuasion, I had been granted world wide rights. Got my publisher lined up, my pages completed and then shipped to China for printing. It's back now. The book is called "The Last Will and Testament of an Extremely Distinguished Dog." and the illustrations throughout were about me testing out my somewhat wonky eyes. Anyway, I wanted to tell ya'll that it's a sweet story. And even though it's a sad book, it comes full circle. dogbook.jpg

Congratulations on the completion of your book, New Orleans. The cover is very beautiful and distinguished!
By the illustrations shown, it seems your eyes are not too wonky. Very nice! :thup:

Congrats on completing your book- the illustrations look great, and was no mean feat I’m sure given the eye surgery. I wish you all the success with the book and your recovery!

Wow, this is beautiful! Congratulations! Where can we buy the book!

The text of O'Neill is soooo beautiful and every time I read it I cry.

Back
Top Bottom