Anthony Bourdain dead at 61

Ca.

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
RIP Dude!

CNN's Anthony Bourdain dead at 61 - CNN
180417110646-explore-parts-unknown-seattle-01-exlarge-169.jpg

170905122613-anthony-bourdain-parts-unknown-trinidad-exlarge-169.jpg

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/ways-to-enjoy-meat-bourdain-in-the-kitchen/index.html

http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F150414121932-bourdain-beirut.jpg

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/bourdain-top-10-episodes/index.html

Demons and drugs....Hmmm and the French Connection

Back in my cable TV days, I would watch his show on the Travel Channel and found it very enjoyable. My mum texted me that he died this morning and I immediately thought it was food poisoning. Even sadder that it was suicide.

RIP

Jeez.. I really liked his work to be honest. I enjoyed his show Parts Unkown a lot, and he was an inspiration also, the way he wrote and told stories, not a lot of people have that talent.

Such a horrible news. It just made me think that all those years of excessive alcohol and drugs must've had an impact on his brain and body, but one never knows what truly happened.

R.I.P

RIP
Can't help but think that there might be foul play? From the meager mainstream media knowledge I have of him, I never got the impression that he would commit suicide.
I'm thinking foul play because of his "involvement" in the #metoo thing because of his girlfriend Asia Argento and Harvey Weinstein.

His name is new to me and from just checking out some of his works such as Parts Unknown, and some of his quotes, it is sad to hear he died of suicide. RIP Anthony.

Back in my cable TV days, I would watch his show on the Travel Channel and found it very enjoyable. My mum texted me that he died this morning and I immediately thought it was food poisoning. Even sadder that it was suicide.

RIP

I used to watch his show as well and really enjoyed his travelogue. He seemed to have such a zest for life and enjoyed new experiences, so it's quite a surprise that he committed suicide. But then you never know what's behind the public persona. Very sad indeed.
RIP, Anthony

Published on Jun 8, 2018 / 24:41
An adventurous documenter of international food culture, Anthony Bourdain was the host of CNN's Parts Unknown, a chef, prolific food author, speaker, and one of Fast Company’s Most Creative People. Here, we sat down and talked with him about his creative process, what he looked for in his team, and keys to his success

Streamed live 12 hours ago / 8:44
CNN host Anthony Bourdain was found dead in his French hotel room after reportedly hanging himself in an alleged suicide. This is the third suicide by hanging involving a high profile person this week; after designer Kate Spade allegedly hung herself with a scarf on a doorknob in her apartment, and this weeks death of Ines Zorregeiuta the sister of Queen Maxima of the Netherlands. Bourdain criticized Hillary Clinton late last year for her respone to the Harvey Weinstein scandal, and posted about Weintein's use of Isreali-intelligence linked Black Cube to follow his victims in a follow up message in May, 2018.

Anthony Bourdain and GF Asia Argento Seemed Close Until This Week
http://www.tmz.com/2018/06/08/anthony-bourdain-asia-argento-relationship-split close/?adid=tmz_eme_2332_2018-06-08_s3
6/8/2018 10:22 AM PDT
Snip:
Just a few weeks ago, they were together in Florence, Italy ... and still looked very happy and romantic.
Here's where things get murky. We know Anthony was shooting his show in France this week -- he'd been there for at least 4 days. However, Asia was back in Rome, strolling around with a French reporter named Hugo Clément. There were photos of them holding hands and hugging, but the Italian photographer who shot the pics pulled them off the market on the heels of Anthony's death.

It's unclear if Anthony and Asia had broken up. If they did, there was no public announcement. Their last public appearance together was at an event was back in April in NYC.

Asia Argento embraces Clement who shared her attack on Weinstein | Daily Mail Online
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5807979/Asia-Argento-embraces-Hugo-Clement-shared-attack-Harvey-Weinstein-Cannes.html
Updated: 17:56 BST, 8 June 2018
Actress Asia Argento was reunited with journalist Hugo Clement over the weekend in Rome.

The joyful and jubilant pair were photographed smiling as they strolled through the Italian capital, just weeks after Clement, 28, posted Argento's powerful speech at the closing ceremony of the Cannes Film Festival in which she attacked Harvey Weinstein and called the annual event his 'hunting ground.'

Photos show the two embracing and smiling just days before Weinstein's indictment on two counts of rape and one count of criminal sexual act.

Clement is a journalist with Konbini news, and has done a number of well respected pieces for the agency, most recently on the famine in Congo, the livestock industry in France and the threats facing gay men in Tunisia.

In addition, she directed the episode of Antony Bourdain: Parts Unknown that aired this week in the United States, which took the host to Hing Kong.

Finally, she posted a video to her Instagram account on Tuesday revealing she was recording new commentary for a re-release of the film she made in the wake of her alleged sexual assault by Weinstein, The Scarlett Diva.
video
SD
Bourdain said in a blog post last week that when the director he had hired to shoot the episode had to undergo emergency surgery he hired Argento to take over, noting it was 'fair to say' he and the actress were 'quite close.'

Bourdain has been one of Argento's most vocal supporters on social media ever since she came forward with her allegations, and after her powerful Cannes speech tweeted: 'Brava @AsiaArgento. An absolutely fearless off-script nuclear bomb of a speech to a stunned crowd at #Cannes.'

He also thanked Spike Lee for making a point of speaking to Argento after she shared her remarks, with the actress later noting most attendees avoided her in the wake of her speech.

It was Clement who posted the speech after accompanying Argento to the ceremony, writing: 'The powerful speech @AsiaArgento [delievered] during the closing ceremony of Cannes. "I was raped here in 1997 by Harvey Weinstein."

In her remarks Argento also stated: 'This festival was his hunting ground. I want to make a prediction: Harvey Weinstein will never be welcomed here ever again. He will live in disgrace, shunned by a film community that once embraced him and covered up for his crimes.'

RIP
I'm thinking foul play because of his "involvement" in the #metoo thing because of his girlfriend Asia Argento and Harvey Weinstein.
Not to be conspiratorial, but I had similar thoughts as well. This morning, I came across an article that seemed fishy, but it linked to this post on his twitter page:
Screen Shot 2018-06-10 at 9.27.58 AM.png

This was really sad news. Whatever really happened, I wish him a good transition.

Hm... I liked him or more his culinary travels. I read "Kitchen Confidential" back when it was published, so I already knew he did a load of drugs, including heroin, which he was addicted to for quite some time.

And that is one point I have a problem with. I would guess that an ex heroin addict would rather use an intravenal overdose to end his life than hanging himself - and even on a door knob, as some people claim to know. It is very bizarre. His relationship with Asia Argento (that was new for me), daughter of director Dario Argento, seems also a bit odd. She is showing al the masonry signs, has symbolic tattoos all over and is claiming to be a red witch (never heard of red witches, but i smell blood... ;) )

I feel a destructive thing in the air so to say for quite some time. And, at least in my personal surroundings, it seem to be there. five days ago an primary school friend of my son took his life. jumped. my heart cringes when i think of the parents and what they must go through just now.

There are so many tragic events just now, several "celebs" also took their lives... Do the STS frequencies take over?

I feel a destructive thing in the air so to say for quite some time. And, at least in my personal surroundings, it seem to be there. five days ago an primary school friend of my son took his life. jumped. my heart cringes when i think of the parents and what they must go through just now.
There are so many tragic events just now, several "celebs" also took their lives... Do the STS frequencies take over?
Jackson Odell, ‘The Goldbergs’ Actor, Dies at 20
1:56 PM, Jun 10, 2018
Jackson Odell, who was best known for his role as Ari Caldwell in ABC’s “The Goldbergs,” has died. He was 20.

Odell was found unresponsive in his Tarzana residence in San Fernando Valley June 8, the Los Angeles County Coroner’s Office confirmed to Variety. The cause of death has not been released, pending an autopsy. No foul play is suspected.

In addition to his role as Ari in Seasons 1 and 2 of “The Goldbergs,” Odell had credits on “The Fosters,” “Modern Family,” and “iCarly.” He also starred in the 2011 film “Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer” with Heather Graham. He had been involved in show business from the age of 12.

Odell was also a singer-songwriter, and penned original songs for the soundtrack of the 2018 romantic drama film “Forever My Girl,” including “Wings of an Angel,” which “American Idol” contestant Lauren Alaina sang for the film. “Forever My Girl” starred Alex Roe and Jessica Rothe, with Roe as a country singer who sets out to win back the woman he left at the altar years before.

Dreaming with a Broken Heart by John Mayer Cover by 14 yr old Jackson Odell
[SIZE=4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=32&v=X8Gkw0na2uw[/SIZE]
Jackson OdellPublished on Jan 20, 2012
Dreaming with a Broken Heart by John Mayer.

Odell sang several covers and original songs, which he posted to his YouTube channel, including one of “Dreaming with a Broken Heart” by John Mayer, which has over 16,000 views.

Jun 11, 2018

[B]Anthony Bourdain[/B] Retweeted Jun 3
Check out this specially made version of “Rising Sun Blues (House of the Rising Sun)” that Parts Unknown Composer @mruffino created for the episode: https://soundcloud.com/parts-unknown-985303506/rising-sun-blues-king-kong-mix … #PartsUnknown

The Globe and Mail on Twitter

Anthony Bourdain (@Bourdain) | Twitter

Anthony Bourdain on Twitter
9e5f0ac2734f2e261301bf93aa7af87c.png

Anthony Bourdain, Friend of Palestine, Dies in France (VIDEO)
June 8, 2018 Tweets
Highly-acclaimed food critic and travel writer Anthony Bourdain has died aged 61, ending a lifetime devoted to food and promoting cuisines from across the world, including those from the Middle East.

AJ+ on Twitter

Ramzy Baroud on Twitter

[B]Erin Cunningham[/B]‏Verified account @[B]erinmcunningham[/B]
Here is Anthony Bourdain with a group of children in Gaza. Thank you for shining your light on the dark places.

DfKrkxyWsAAy35-.jpg

Bourdain visited the West Bank and Gaza during his Parts Unknown travel series, where he tried local dishes such as “maqlouba” and highlighted life under Israeli occupation.

Back
Top Bottom