Anyone experience "mini time-warps"?

GreenBandit

A Disturbance in the Force
Hello All

First post - been looking at the site for a while, and have a few things I'd like to post over time. This is my first because it has happened yet again.

For as long as I can remember (I'm 46 now), I've experienced what I call, for lack of anything better, "mini time-warps". They involve objects, not me. In the simplest form, I'll give this example: It is now 1:17am. About 4 hours ago, I put my pocket knife on the coffee table next to my recliner after opening a box with it, and sat down to watch TV for a bit before bed. After about an hour or so, I went to pick up the knife, put it back in my pocket and head upstairs for bed. The knife was not there. I had not moved from that chair during that time from when I put it down until then. I went to bed without worrying about it - this happens to me a lot, so I no longer get concerned. I've been having back problems, and the bed was not helping, so I just now decided to get up again and come downstairs to watch TV for a bit. Sure enough, there lay my knife - right where I left it hours earlier.

Now, I know what you are thinking; someone moved it, it's a gag by my wife and/or daughter, etc. Nope, they were both already in bed when I went up, and are still asleep right now. AND this is not, as mentioned, the first, second or 100th time this has happened. It used to happen years ago while I was still living at home with my mom/dad/sisters. It happened while I was in the Air Force, traveling all over the world, and often living completely by myself - no one around to "mess with me". AND, it happens to others in my presence. My daughter will come to me, looking for something that she is CERTAIN she just laid down "right here, daddy". We look for a few minutes, then I just tell her, "don't worry about it - it will be back in a little while". We forget about it, and sure enough, go back some time later and it will be right there, exactly where she said she left it. My mom and dad have also experienced it, and still do to this day, even with me not living there.

I don't know what it is; poltergiest, time-warps, dimensional warps, I have no idea. But it's been happening for years and shows no sign of letting up. It happens to objects, books, glasses, even drinks, TV remotes, etc. So far, I've never lost a car and the wife and kid are still here, so I guess it doesn't affect people. It has never caused any problem or harm in any way - it's just as if the object "didn't exist" in that place/time anymore, then suddenly, DID exist again. I'm used to it - it doesn't scare or worry me, but just very curious.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

hi, GreenBandit, and welcome to the forum

[quote author=GreenBandit yesterday] But it's been happening for years and shows no sign of letting up. It happens to objects, books, glasses, even drinks, TV remotes, etc. [/quote]

This is a very common occurance, osit, and you rightly guess that it's nothing to worry about, as the object in question usually turns up again. We refer to your 'time warp' as 'the black hole'. Some physicists have posited that we are surrounded by mini-black holes, in an attempt to explain 'entanglement theory' ('Parallel Worlds' by Michio Kaku). I for one have no problem with this theory, nor with the natural extension that these 'black holes' (or equivalent) occasionally 'open up', as it were, to swallow these objects that periodically disappear from their location. This has happened to a lot of people I know, and is a frequent occurance in my family.
Sometimes an object does not return and will disappear forever, and no amount of turning the house upside down will find it.

[quote author=GreenBandit yesterday] so I guess it doesn't affect people [/quote]

It might be a good idea for you to do a search on missing people, especially children. The Cassiopaeans have spoken a lot about this - have you read 'The Wave'? You can find it here . I'm not suggesting that people go missing in the same way that objects will temporarily go missing, but the fact that you brought it up, even as a joke, reminded me about what the Casses have said. It does not make for comfortable reading.

That being said, have fun on the forum. :)

Hello GreenBandit, welcome to the forum.

Yes, I think that among forum members here, those kind of "time-warps" and "deja vu" experiences are fairly common. Perhaps it would be a good idea to keep a journal record of such instances; perhaps over time you would see some interesting patterns emerge.

Have you read Laura's Wave series yet? If not, it is recommended that you do so as soon as possible, as the ideas and concepts presented there are the basis for most of the discussions that take place on the forum. You might also want to have a look at the Recommended Reading List, to get a sense of the other reference material that influences our thinking around here. And it's a good idea to bookmark the Cassiopaea/SOTT Esoteric Glossary and the Cassiopedia, as they are very useful references that can be used when you encounter concepts/terminology that you may not be familiar with.

Welcome again. I look forward to interacting with you on the forum.

:)

GreenBandit said:
I don't know what it is; poltergiest, time-warps, dimensional warps, I have no idea. But it's been happening for years and shows no sign of letting up. It happens to objects, books, glasses, even drinks, TV remotes, etc. So far, I've never lost a car and the wife and kid are still here, so I guess it doesn't affect people. It has never caused any problem or harm in any way - it's just as if the object "didn't exist" in that place/time anymore, then suddenly, DID exist again. I'm used to it - it doesn't scare or worry me, but just very curious.

My experiences will probably sound silly, and may not even be related, but there was a time when I would have sworn on a stack of bibles that this kind of thing was going on with my stuff. Even my wife and parents claim to have similar experiences.
Unfortunantly, I have been unable to duplicate the incidents since I started a certain experiment.

Any and every time that I put something down or put something away, I would consciously focus my awareness on what I was doing and where I was putting it. Sort of like a mental picture in full color. There would be no doubt. Sort of like telling the universe "I know where this is; I can see it."
I do NOT state anything like "I expect to find it when I come back...", or anything remotely like that, because no.1, I don't want to feel TOO silly doing this, and no.2, What I expect is irrelevant - the universe will do what the universe will do.

The whole process was tiring on the attention, but I did it for several weeks straight, the best I can remember, and haven't noticed anything since then. No more disappearances for some mysterious reason.
Now, I really don't know if anything I did really had any effect, or if the problem was simply disassociation or absent-mindedness on my part in the first place. Heck, I don't even know if I have experienced any real 'time-warp' phenomenon, but since my experiences seemed, on the surface at least, to be somewhat similar, I thought I'd share it in the interests of adding another angle to the exploration.

-for what its' worth :)

Yes...things of a personal nature had gone missing and returned a few times. It's annoying but became funny over time. The weirdest incident of that nuture happenned at a friends house. It was early summer and he had three plants that he wished to bring outside to get some air and sunshine. After some discussion, we decided to leave them outside for the entire summer and placed them is aestetically pleasing areas in his backyard. A few days later, after the plant placement, I returned to see if my friend was home. He was not, so I lit a cigarette and sat on his back verandah to admire the gardens when I noticed that my favourite of the three plants was no longer there. I went to check to see if it fell over from where it had been placed. There had been some bad storms and which may have caused the plant (closer to a small tree) to topple over. But inpection yielded no fallen plant. My friend did not return so I left and returned to his backyards days later. The plant had now retuned to the original spot it was placed. Questioning my friend as to what he did to the plant over the last several days only returned a blank stair. My friend further explained that the plant had never been moved, or missing to his recollection and that perhaps I was losing my mind. :scared:

GreenBandit said:

Sure. Mine is due to a four footed gray menace called a cat. :D

The rest of the phenomena we chalk up to "little people" and the "car key gnomes" of Gary Larson's FarSide fame.

What it is in actuality? My best guess is misdirected attention, stage magicians use it all the time. You may be looking directly at the item you're searching for, but you don't see it, because your attention is distracted by something either just above it, or to one side of said object.

My hubby is stymied by this all the time. In his head, he is three tasks ahead of himself, so when he is looking for a tool, or a phone, or a book, he's NOT paying attention to looking for it....he's just scanning with his eyes while he's thinking of the task he's going to do with said item.

It's often right in front of his nose, but he can't see it.

So, when I walk in front of him and pick it up, hand it to him, and walk on, he gets this frustrated "man-face", and humphs away. :lol:

Awareness, and attention.....you'll be amazed what you see once those two get together.

Though I've had an almost countless number of deja vu-like experiences, I don't recall ever having experienced things disappearing and then re-appearing at some later time. However, about four weeks ago during a time that I had been doing some reading on Nordics and the Nordic Covenant, I decided to go out with my friends to a bar/club. While there I began to wonder if there might be any male or female Nordics "hanging out" at that place. While having this thought an approximately 5' 10'' blond, blue-eyed girl walked directly in front of me (within inches of my body), she then paused and looked me directly in the eyes and gave what I perceived to be a "knowing" type of smile. As a result, I began to wonder if she might possibly be a Nordic. It was at this point that I decided to observe her behavior etc from time to time. It seemed that at the very instant I decided to look her way she would, without fail, turn around and look back at me and smile. One part of me thought that what I was seeing meant nothing more than a girl showing some interest in me. But there was another part of me, the one that is observing and attempting to discern things unseen, was thinking there might be more because of the synchronicity. [Note: This was prior to my question about seeing 11:09 of which I am currently "working out" a response.] Nevertheless, after some time had passed I noticed that she was walking towards the door to leave. I then turned to my right and much to my surprise and disbelief there she was, standing within a few feet from me, looking at me with that same smile! Of course it's possible that I was mistaken and mistook another girl to be her but I'm almost certain that I saw her leaving the club!

Just to add a small experience to this thread that demonstrates this phenomena, when it happens, its not a mistaken obserrvation...

I was in a hotel after surgery to remove plates and screws from a broken elbow. They made a half cast of plaastic the was microwaved to make the material pliable, molded and cut to fit my elbow joint and arm. Then they attached velcro tabs and cut velcro straps to hold it in place when wearing it. One night, I went to take a shower and noticed that the top strap was missing. Looking around for it yeilded no results, so after the shower I began a thorough search. Every pocket, every drawer, dirty laundry etc. There was a small outside possibility that it had been lost during the day but that was unlikely. The next day, a second search again as thoroughly as the first-still no strap. I sat and talked to my friend on the phone that evening about the my waste of time searching for this item. I was holding the cast in my hand looking at it during the conversation. Top strap visibly missing. It was evening so I took another shower and upon returning put the cast back on, and the missing strap had reappeared in it's rightful place! It definitely dissappeared and reappeared for reasons that baffle me to this very day!

Back
Top Bottom