Arks new Series on the Dzhanibekov Effect!

Cosmos

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Ark posted this today on Facebook:

Will the Earth poles flip? A year ago or so, by chance, I have found Russian video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB0OAt4zQ1E
Its Russian title translates to: Dzhannibekov's effect - the cause of world floods. I got interested, as I knew nothing about it. Studying the physics involved I have found that the same mathematical structures are involved in unpredictable fliipps of rotating bodies as I have studied while working on quantum fractals.

Of course "ANTIGRAVITY GURUS" as you can amuse yourself on Youtube make their antigravity propulsion engines with similar geometries https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7ZShralEZw

But I decided to be serious about it, as there is almost nothing serious that can be found in the published stories. For that reason I am reviving my blog. Today there is the second post in a series that will probably take 100 posts or more. Of course I need to mix information with math. I will do taking account the feedback. Ask questions, make comments. I will do my best to address your interests in my posts, adapt the form. Of course I will have to present the math part - for the experts. But the math is only half of the story, and the subject, I believe, is exciting!

The first two parts:

http://arkadiusz-jadczyk.eu/blog/2017/01/dzhanibekov-effect-part-1/
http://arkadiusz-jadczyk.eu/blog/2017/01/dzhanibekov-effect-part-2/

A short discussion about the effect was taking place here, a while back:
https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,20259.msg682382.html#msg682382

I have revived my English blog with the idea that I it would be a shame if I would not share all the knowledge I have. But it is not easy because lot of this stuff requires math. And it is well known that if you write a book about something, and if this book contains even one equation, the popularity of this book will fall down dramatically.

Perhaps one exception is Roger Penrose. But I am not Penrose, Penrose is "Sir" and is famous. Nevertheless I will do what i I know is my duty to do. There will be posts in my blog with math, there will be some without math, and even those with math will usually have literary part.

I have a lot to say, and it will take years to share it. I do ask all of you to ask questions. Sharing needs feedback. If you ask non-math questions I will give non-math answers. Till now I have only one active reader on my blog, and he asks about math.

You can ask there ALL KINDS OF QUESTIONS. Do not be afraid. The future is in your hands.

ark said:
I have revived my English blog with the idea that I it would be a shame if I would not share all the knowledge I have. But it is not easy because lot of this stuff requires math. And it is well known that if you write a book about something, and if this book contains even one equation, the popularity of this book will fall down dramatically.

Perhaps one exception is Roger Penrose. But I am not Penrose, Penrose is "Sir" and is famous. Nevertheless I will do what i I know is my duty to do. There will be posts in my blog with math, there will be some without math, and even those with math will usually have literary part.

I have a lot to say, and it will take years to share it. I do ask all of you to ask questions. Sharing needs feedback. If you ask non-math questions I will give non-math answers. Till now I have only one active reader on my blog, and he asks about math.

You can ask there ALL KINDS OF QUESTIONS. Do not be afraid. The future is in your hands.

Thank you, Ark! I was hoping you would revive your English blog for just those reasons. And since off-topic questions are a kind of question, I think this is a great opportunity to learn all sorts of things.

:read:

Approaching Infinity said:
ark said:

Thank you, Ark! I was hoping you would revive your English blog for just those reasons. And since off-topic questions are a kind of question, I think this is a great opportunity to learn all sorts of things.

:read:

Ditto to that Ark.

I love your new blog. I posted one question at the start. I have had to spend the past couple of weeks learning Eulers Equations. Been a lot of work going through you tube videos on their derivation and getting clear in my head, rotating cordinate systems. Getting there though. This play list gives a reasonably good derivation/explanitation "https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOueWKpRRmE21MBW1Wwg4AIT8yZmu6Heh". Would be interested in other good sources.
So have played the Jacobi functions in Maple. These too are new to me but don't have any intelligent questions to ask on them yet.

Ronan said:
I love your new blog. I posted one question at the start. I have had to spend the past couple of weeks learning Eulers Equations. Been a lot of work going through you tube videos on their derivation and getting clear in my head, rotating cordinate systems. Getting there though. This play list gives a reasonably good derivation/explanitation "https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOueWKpRRmE21MBW1Wwg4AIT8yZmu6Heh". Would be interested in other good sources.
So have played the Jacobi functions in Maple. These too are new to me but don't have any intelligent questions to ask on them yet.
Yeah I posted about 4 days after the start, a comment mentioning some of my confusion (which acted like a question). I liked the Polish blog too though it's certainly easier for me not having to go through Google Translate. Given Approaching Infinity's interpretation for "ALL KINDS OF QUESTIONS" including off topic ones, that could include questions about old posts on the Polish blog!

It's kind of interesting how Ark goes to look something up, can't find it so has to do it himself. Besides this Jacobi adventure, there was the Lorentz group for his Quantum Fractals book requiring an adventure and there was the conformal infinity paper adventure via something Penrose wasn't clear about. The post I responded to was a correction of someone's paper too. I know Ark used to try helping Jack Sarfatti with some math back in the pre-blog days too. Guess you can't just expect math you find to always be well checked out.

I'm just trying to get the general idea for how Jacobi elliptical functions, Euler equations, and quaternions fit. I think the Jacobi functions give you updates for your Euler equations/quaternions/rotation matrix.

Back
Top Bottom