Artificial Intelligence, Transhumanism and the Global Grid

Azur

The Living Force
Azur,

I should let ScioAgapeOmnis answer first but after re-reading your posts I don't really think you intended any confusion or insult. I had difficulty understanding what you mean/meant (and maybe still don't fully understand) but something just tells me it is not intentional.

I'll give it another try:

Where is telepathy when you need it? "Who's on first?" :-/

goyacobol: both of your takes are correct at the same time. Mostly the second.

As for who's on first: I'm the left fielder: "Why".

Goy: don't stress on this please. Man, last thing I wanted to do was stress anyone out in this thread. You're earnest.

I'm shaking the rust off some old chains here, is all.

Last edited:

Nienna

SuperModerator
FOTCM Member
Azur, I, too, have difficulty reading your posts. To me, they are cryptic and condescending; and it seems you are trying to see if others are as intelligent as you (seem to think you are) and can figure out what you are saying, or not saying.

Azur

The Living Force
Yeah, they always have been, haven't they?

Still working on it.

I don't think you've ever addressed me directly since your overland trip in your Toyota truck, way back.

I'm glad you just did. Some self-remembering going on.

The little lad can take care of his own words.

herondancer

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Azur, I, too, have difficulty reading your posts. To me, they are cryptic and condescending; and it seems you are trying to see if others are as intelligent as you (seem to think you are) and can figure out what you are saying, or not saying.
Azur, I have to agree here. You a speaking in riddles, at least to me, instead of explaining clearly what you are looking for from SAO. It it's not fair to him, or to anyone trying to follow the "conversation". It reminds me of a Q drop.

Just out of curiosity, how is your diet lately?

ScioAgapeOmnis

The Living Force
Am I at the other end of a Turing test?

:lol:

If not, you ask a lot of the old questions that pulled signals for incompetent try hard wannabees that were training to... Well I'll leave that alone.

General criticism was overt. And offered with same good spirit. But asking me to give YOU a mirror? You've gotten such a free pass, compared to the old days, and you even bring it up.

Please, there's something in your writings that is under-edged, and not quite clear.

Help me see you better.

I obviously missed your point.
goyacobol: both of your takes are correct at the same time. Mostly the second.

As for who's on first: I'm the left fielder: "Why".

Goy: don't stress on this please. Man, last thing I wanted to do was stress anyone out in this thread. You're earnest.

I'm shaking the rust off some old chains here, is all.
Yeah, they always have been, haven't they?

Still working on it.

I don't think you've ever addressed me directly since your overland trip in your Toyota truck, way back.

I'm glad you just did. Some self-remembering going on.

The little lad can take care of his own words.
How can you say you're "still working on it" in reference to being "cryptic and condescending" and immediately do it again in the same breath? Something is clearly bothering you, but all you're giving is insults and vague hints. On the one hand I'm the little lad who is an incompetent try hard wannabe, on the other, I'm supposed to have the competence to interpret your trail of breadcrumbs and buy the right vowel to figure out what your contention is. Wouldn't it make sense to spell it out for a dunce like me?

I won't play a guessing game, sorry. If you're going through something right now, and my posts just happen to somehow bring it out and I just happened to be on the receiving end, then I reiterate my suggestion to post something in the swamp. If this is indeed personal and I or my posts bother you, then you're giving me not much to go on. The one thing I *don't* think this is anymore, is a concern for the time/energy of the rest of the forum, because if you really thought my posts were noise, you wouldn't add noise by playing games, or so I'd think.

genero81

Dagobah Resident
FOTCM Member
On the one hand I'm the little lad who is an incompetent try hard wannabe, on the other, I'm supposed to have the competence to interpret your trail of breadcrumbs and buy the right vowel to figure out what your contention is. Wouldn't it make sense to spell it out for a dunce like me?
FWIW, I'm with you SAO. Come on Azur, you can do a better job of communicating than that. For example; I understand what the metaphor 'shaking off chains' means, but what the heck does 'shaking the rust off some old chains' mean?

And what old days? You mean the ones where Anart clobbered people over the head if they didn't meet her expectations?

genero81

Dagobah Resident
FOTCM Member
Actually it occurs to me what's happening here. Instead of apologizing to SAO for being rude, Azur has instead opted to protect his ego and play the situation cryptic and aloof. Maybe he just doesn't like SAO. Personally, I don't think that justifies being disrespectful.

Azur

The Living Force
FWIW, I'm with you SAO. Come on Azur, you can do a better job of communicating than that. For example; I understand what the metaphor 'shaking off chains' means, but what the heck does 'shaking the rust off some old chains' mean?

And what old days? You mean the ones where Anart clobbered people over the head if they didn't meet her expectations?

Yeah, those old days. That petty tyrant left a depth charge knot inside me somewhere that I could never address in this network or even bring up because I had less than zero "standing", at the time. And yes, that was a thing, at that time period. OSIT. There were windows to do so, but even then, it would have been noise compared to what was going on.

I didn't trust that petty tyrant, I wrongly or correctly surmised that there was more going on, and when asked so many times to "bare my thoughts" by that one, I recoiled; maybe it was my Ego or machine protecting itself, but I sniffed something deeper that wasn't right, for good or bad, and yet this was someone trusted in the network. I'm recounting this as I saw it then, not now. But that knot remained. Something in me resisted certain inquiries, like I was being profiled for weaknesses as opposed to being helped. You know?

There was that whole Pepper period where I thought the network had lost it's mind. Or moved on somewhere else.

I had stopped writing long meandering posts like I used to (way back), through advice given (break it down, link concepts between paragraphs, etc ;-) ) and just stopped bothering when it became apparent that I was just generating noise (I can't write worth crap), and being called out for it under excruciating observation from said tyrant. When I say I can't write, I mean it. I write huge thought flows, and then condense it so far down, it only means what I meant, but no one can see through.

Here is where I apologize to SAO. You got a free pass from said tyrant for the same thing I was doing, many, many, many, many, many times before. S/He/They *gushed* over your "throwing it out there" posts. The same standard never seemed to be applied. Never understood why. It doesn't really matter, only that I pulled you into my god damn frustration with that "Knot" left behind.

SAO: like I said above: I resonate with a lot of what you've said before. You're collateral damage for my latest meltdown, and what I always think is my final "breaking of foundations". I apologize for causing you any angst. I don't ask for your forgiveness, but know that if I can find a way to give you back the energy you lost over this, I will. I'm sorry for dragging you into this.

---

I attempted "death by administrator" a few times before. Didn't work. Then, I was annoying a few mods, and I felt bad that (probably) their phones would buzz at odd hours because they were on watch for dangerous posters like me. That was worse for me.

I owe a debt to so many here, I will keep going, and doing the Work.

I do have a request:

Why was I kicked out of the Fellowship?

genero81

Dagobah Resident
FOTCM Member
Yeah, those old days. That petty tyrant left a depth charge knot inside me somewhere that I could never address in this network or even bring up because I had less than zero "standing", at the time. And yes, that was a thing, at that time period. OSIT. There were windows to do so, but even then, it would have been noise compared to what was going on.

I didn't trust that petty tyrant, I wrongly or correctly surmised that there was more going on, and when asked so many times to "bare my thoughts" by that one, I recoiled; maybe it was my Ego or machine protecting itself, but I sniffed something deeper that wasn't right, for good or bad, and yet this was someone trusted in the network. I'm recounting this as I saw it then, not now. But that knot remained. Something in me resisted certain inquiries, like I was being profiled for weaknesses as opposed to being helped. You know?
Okay wow, I'm sincerely sorry you felt that way, or still do. You weren't the only member to feel 'gun shy.' It's been a minute since then though.

There was that whole Pepper period where I thought the network had lost it's mind. Or moved on somewhere else.
You're talking about Pepper Fritz? Care to elaborate? PF was something of a motivating inspiration for me personally. Like I wasn't so sure of my natural orientation but one can change even if the worst case scenario might be true.

I had stopped writing long meandering posts like I used to (way back), through advice given (break it down, link concepts between paragraphs, etc ;-) ) and just stopped bothering when it became apparent that I was just generating noise (I can't write worth crap), and being called out for it under excruciating observation from said tyrant. When I say I can't write, I mean it. I write huge thought flows, and then condense it so far down, it only means what I meant, but no one can see through.
Seems a bit like narrative, as you seem to be expressing yourself pretty clearly now.

Here is where I apologize to SAO. You got a free pass from said tyrant for the same thing I was doing, many, many, many, many, many times before. S/He/They *gushed* over your "throwing it out there" posts. The same standard never seemed to be applied. Never understood why. It doesn't really matter, only that I pulled you into my god damn frustration with that "Knot" left behind.
So there we have it. A pretty clear case of projection. Hurt and angry, and I for one don't blame you. Hopefully, by bringing it out in the open you can get it 'aired out' and eventually let it go. Resentments never really hurt anyone but ourselves.

I owe a debt to so many here, I will keep going, and doing the Work.
It seems pretty clear to me that this really means something to you having persisted despite all you just shared. I'm glad you did. (share)

BlackCartouche

Jedi Master
Dude! You're being too hard on yourself, you need to get back on that horse! And, like genero81 says:
Seems a bit like narrative, as you seem to be expressing yourself pretty clearly now.

ScioAgapeOmnis

The Living Force
Azur I think you’ve frozen yourself into a corner of your own making. It sucks that Anart was harsh, but life goes on. I think your reputation and how others perceive you is an evolving thing, and the only thing keeping you frozen is your own obsession with past situations.

I think it may help to remember that this is a school of sorts - a network, but also has students and instructors, even though everyone is always a student. And it’s always moving forward - everyone is busy living, researching, networking.

And with that said, if you’re moving forward and evolving and growing, then I doubt anyone will hold some stupid conflict you may have had in the past against you.

I joined this group before the forum - during the casschat yahoo group era. And when I came in board, being wet behind the ears in so many ways, I’ve said some really dumb things, arrogant things, inconsiderate things, and frankly embarrassing things. That’s life. I was quickly brought down to earth by the responses. I also had some personal exchanges with Laura and Ark, and even my dad at the time, who was concerned that I joined some kind of cult, wrote an email to Laura (and received a genuine heartfelt response that went right over his head) at the time. I shared issues with my family, etc. I’ve been a SOTT editor and within that year was removed from that role. I was briefly part of the Quantum Future Group and was also removed - I was struggling with issues, both family related and personal responsibility and commitment, etc.

So no you don’t have the full story, and just because Anart didn’t tear me a new one on a thread you may have seen, doesn’t mean that everything was smooth and peachy or something.

And you know what happened? Life just.. went on. I learned from my mistakes, and made others, and I continue the daily struggle with my machine and am a work in progress in many many ways.

I could sit here and dwell on how I disappointed the forum, the admins, Laura, whatever. How I can’t show my face in public because I didn’t follow through on all the suggestions and advice I received in the way I should’ve. However, as I said, this is a school - we make mistakes, but no one holds them over your head like a badge of dishonor - we learn, improve, and keep going. It’s your life.

And everyone is just too busy - your obsession with the past is all on your head, no one is concerned about it or “expects” things of you. They are really too busy! Just look around at all the amazing reading and work being done!

Stop trying to argue for your own acceptance into “the club” - whether that be the fellowship, the forum, or anything else. Just do what’s in you to do, and trust the process - your value to others is up to you, and evolves day to day, and not determined by past mistakes, assuming they weren’t agregious.

Maybe it wouldn’t hurt to talk to a therapist to allow yourself to get past your own self-imposed block. But I think the best thing you could do, is just to serve others. The C’s have said this multiple times - just engage with life, give to others, be genuine and true, and you will naturally clear blocks and integrate yourself into a community where your actions and words have value. I think if you just did that, you will find that this is a loving, forgiving, objective, and very fair group of people who demand nothing, but appreciate who you are today if you simply give of yourself. No one knows who you are today if you hid yourself from everyone after things didn’t go your way.

So dust yourself off, and don’t stress so much over things that more than likely don’t matter at all. You’ll naturally end up exactly where you should end up, based on who you are, which can only be seen through your present and consistent actions. Everything else is water under the bridge, unless you choose to drown in it and stay under the bridge - but that’s up to you.

PS - do the recommended readings! Focus on learning so you have something to contribute. Have you read Darwin’s Black Box and the associated thread? Mind blowing!

Last edited:
Azur I think you’ve frozen yourself into a corner of your own making. It sucks that Anart was harsh, but life goes on. I think your reputation and how others perceive you is an evolving thing, and the only thing keeping you frozen is your own obsession with past situations.

I think it may help to remember that this is a school of sorts - a network, but also has students and instructors, even though everyone is always a student. And it’s always moving forward - everyone is busy living, researching, networking.

And with that said, if you’re moving forward and evolving and growing, then I doubt anyone will hold some stupid conflict you may have had in the past against you.

I joined this group before the forum - during the casschat yahoo group era. And when I came in board, being wet behind the ears in so many ways, I’ve said some really dumb things, arrogant things, inconsiderate things, and frankly embarrassing things. That’s life. I was quickly brought down to earth by the responses. I also had some personal exchanges with Laura and Ark, and even my dad at the time, who was concerned that I joined some kind of cult, wrote an email to Laura (and received a genuine heartfelt response that went right over his head) at the time. I shared issues with my family, etc. I’ve been a SOTT editor and within that year was removed from that role. I was briefly part of the Quantum Future Group and was also removed - I was struggling with issues, both family related and personal responsibility and commitment, etc.

So no you don’t have the full story, and just because Anart didn’t tear me a new one on a thread you may have seen, doesn’t mean that everything was smooth and peachy or something.

And you know what happened? Life just.. went on. I learned from my mistakes, and made others, and I continue the daily struggle with my machine and am a work in progress in many many ways.

I could sit here and dwell on how I disappointed the forum, the admins, Laura, whatever. How I can’t show my face in public because I didn’t follow through on all the suggestions and advice I received in the way I should’ve. However, as I said, this is a school - we make mistakes, but no one holds them over your head like a badge of dishonor - we learn, improve, and keep going. It’s your life.

And everyone is just too busy - your obsession with the past is all on your head, no one is concerned about it or “expects” things of you. They are really too busy! Just look around at all the amazing reading and work being done!

Stop trying to argue for your own acceptance into “the club” - whether that be the fellowship, the forum, or anything else. Just do what’s in you to do, and trust the process - your value to others is up to you, and evolves day to day, and not determined by past mistakes, assuming they weren’t agregious.

Maybe it wouldn’t hurt to talk to a therapist to allow yourself to get past your own self-imposed block. But I think the best thing you could do, is just to serve others. The C’s have said this multiple times - just engage with life, give to others, be genuine and true, and you will naturally clear blocks and integrate yourself into a community where your actions and words have value. I think if you just did that, you will find that this is a loving, forgiving, objective, and very fair group of people who demand nothing, but appreciate who you are today if you simply give of yourself. No one knows who you are today if you hid yourself from everyone after things didn’t go your way.

So dust yourself off, and don’t stress so much over things that more than likely don’t matter at all. You’ll naturally end up exactly where you should end up, based on who you are, which can only be seen through your present and consistent actions. Everything else is water under the bridge, unless you choose to drown in it and stay under the bridge - but that’s up to you.

PS - do the recommended readings! Focus on learning so you have something to contribute. Have you read Darwin’s Black Box and the associated thread? Mind blowing!
I also thank you for writing this SAO. It's very "timely" for me, something that I really really needed to "hear".

Azur

The Living Force

There's the deep insight that I needed to hear from the network.

I'm grateful. There was a lot of warmth there.

Thanks SAO and Network.

Top Bottom