Balneotherapy discussion

Ellipse

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Currently researching about water therapy, I would be interesting to have feed-back from people who experienced with water therapy like balneotherapy centers or SPA (hot tube).

balneotherapy.jpg balneo tube.jpg

Did you benefit from it? Did you managed to cure something with it?

Currently researching about water therapy, I would be interesting to have feed-back from people who experienced with water therapy like balneotherapy centers or SPA (hot tube).

View attachment 67034 View attachment 67035

Did you benefit from it? Did you managed to cure something with it?
I had this when I was in physical therapy after surgery for a snapped ACL. It helped the circulation for certain sure and helped soothe the pain post-surgery. I don't know if it helped reduce scarring, but I have very little in the area.

Something so natural is turned into a paid therapy. Anyone can draw an epsom salt bath. I am not an expert, but being immersed in water does so many good things that release tension, extract toxins and effect the body on an electrical level too: A kind of reset button… Degaussing. The effects are tangible and can be felt immediately.

To answer, I have been to a spa with the sound and sensory dampening coupled with a warm high salt bath. It was OK. Somewhat disorienting when you have to get in the car to drive home afterwards.

I like the ocean best. The whole experience of the waves, salt air and temperature differential screams “Get the hell out of your head and experience being alive, idiot!” Rivers on a very sweaty hot day are wonderful. I prefer the natural element. When I lived on the Big Island there was a hot pond heated by the lava underground. It was on the coast separated from the ocean by a sea wall. That was amazing. Of course any heated water is the perfect medium for bacterial growth so that little fact plays into the comfort level if you are aware of it. So you must ask, what is this water being treated with, if anything? If there is chlorine or bromine added, then your cell membrane is going to open up to that too. As with all life, a mixed bag.

Back
Top Bottom