Barbary Castle's PI Crop Circle

TerToen

The Force is Strong With This One
Hi people,
has anyone noticed the following with regards to the 'Pi' crop circle?:

if the cropt circle was a perfect drawing, the sum of all the angles used to encode the PI number with a 10 decimal precision is 1440 = 4 x 360.

but since it is not perfect, the sum of the angles actually mesured is 1435 (see _http://www.cropcircleconnector.com/2008/barbury/barburyRC2008a.html).

Now, when I saw those numbers I inmediately though of Bruce Cathie and his maximum value of "c", or 144,000 minutes of arc per grid second.

About the three circles of decreasing diameter at the outer end of spiral. According to the link above:

"[they] convey the idea that the number pi goes on indefinitely"

which seems reasonable enought, but I can help thinking about the Sun when I look at them. Don't ask me why.

And finally, the spiral has four turns (4 x 360). The Earth takes one year to go around the Sun (360 degrees).
Is this Crop Circle encoding message about a future event involving the Sun, something that will manifest itself in 4 years time?

PS: I have to say that, so far, I have not being able to get my head around Mr. Cathie's calculations so this post may be just useless speculation.

TerToen said:
"[they] convey the idea that the number pi goes on indefinitely"
The creators of this crop circle must have read Wikipedia:

"Pi is an irrational number, which means that it cannot be expressed as a fraction m/n, where m and n are integers. Consequently its decimal representation never ends or repeats. "

IHMO, some mathematicians thinks there ought to be a
beginning to an end. They don't like casual loops, it drives
them crazy! So, they think PI is irrational. ;)

Irrational or not, transcendental or not - I have learned about the Pi crop circle the day after I watched the movie Pi.

On the other hand yesterday the date was dd/mm/yy 06/07/08

6+7+8 = 21 = 1+2+3+4+5+6

21 is also the sixth Fibonacci number.

So, we are under the attack, and I am under attack in particular :)

All of the above gave me the idea of what to do with this particular crop circle. I will try. It will take some fun research. When I am done (if I am done), I will tell you (show you) the results - if any.

The number pi apart from make us think that there is intelligence behind the creators of circle design might not be seen also as an almanac date or something similar as cass had said?

ark said:
Irrational or not, transcendental or not - I have learned about the Pi crop circle the day after I watched the movie Pi.

On the other hand yesterday the date was dd/mm/yy 06/07/08

6+7+8 = 21 = 1+2+3+4+5+6

21 is also the sixth Fibonacci number.

So, we are under the attack, and I am under attack in particular :)

All of the above gave me the idea of what to do with this particular crop circle. I will try. It will take some fun research. When I am done (if I am done), I will tell you (show you) the results - if any.
and while I was flying to visit my parents for the 4th of July, the movie they showed was "21" and I first learned about the PI crop circle from a physics blog (backreaction) and first heard about the movie "21" from a physics blog (Peter Woit knows the guy the movie was based on). 21 could be the number of dimensions in SO(7) though it's also the number of Gurdjieff idiots:

http://www.nonduality.com/idiot.htm

I copied out from a different forum my recent experiences regarding the result of a googlemap-search:

About the crop circle issue I have got a wonderfull finding. Today, after I read your article I started to scan the http://maps.google.com about south from Wroughton, so near area of Barbury Castle. Yes, I know that googlemaps only refreshing with new photos only specific times per year, so even I havent been sure about are there any chances for me to find anything. I hadnt found the article-mentioned Pi-circle... but I have found another one which looks like for me also as an exciting one! Sorry, I cant give the exact coordinates but I am able to direct you to the place in question. At first, lets find the little town of Broad Hinton (its SouthWest from Wroughton) and from there go on the map to SouthEast to the direction of Rockley (so, not on the road of A4361 but follow the small road). After a few hundred meters you can see a crop circle (not small, I estimate that the radius of it is about 50 meters!): I named it Three-armed-Galaxy. Beautifull!
Additional notes of interest: if you follow the road further it will goes a little bit of north and immadiatelly back to south and southeast again ... in that road-corner you can see a white horse figure (its four legs shows tha direction of NorthWest, to BroadHinton). Anyway, not so far away to the south area we can find Avebury and near to it (south of it) there are (previous) crop circles remains which as have overgrown by fresh crops...

Those who have google earth (it is a free to download and use) may want to check out the "crop circle kml". KML's in google earth are files that users create that create either an "overlay" on the map itself, or create pointers on the map for interesting things you can check out. There are a few around for crop circles, a good one is on this page:

_http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/175202

It marks a lot of crop circles around the world on the map in google earth. It's really neat since crop circle pictures we find online rarely if ever show us the location/context around the circle - like what the land around it looks like, and where the other crop circles are in relation to it, etc. So google earth is handy for that. It also gives you a good visual idea of the scale of some of these crop circles. Some of them are so "out of the way" from any roads or anything else, you'd have to really walk for a long long time to get to the specific field (which can be surrounded by many other fields on all sides) by foot.

There were videos in YouTube of tries to rotate some of these images but for some reason i can`t find them.

Back
Top Bottom