Padawan Learner
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORb3zC8z94w

Can this be our future?

Aryan Psychic Projectors?

Rauno said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORb3zC8z94w

Can this be our future?

Aryan Psychic Projectors?

It looks like this movie is priming the masses to UFO events in order to cover the meteorites / comets reality.

At 1:16, we can see fire trails that look very much like comet trails (but in the movie these are UFO missiles)

At 1:31 there is this CNN subtitle "meteors off the coast of Santa Monica". So I guess in the movie the MSM are trying to cover an UFO invasion by mentioning meteorites (the message between the line being : "don't believe in comets, it's just a cover used by the MSM to hide UFO reality").

A distinct possibility is that, in our not-so-distant future, the exact opposite might happen : PTBs invoking UFOs, missiles or whatever to cover meteorites bombardments.

Interesting. It does look like they are trying to make a bombardment by meteorites/comets look like missiles from UFOs. And we see how far they are coming with holograms in this thread.

Well, we are in interesting times.

Saw Battle of LA today. Marines vs. aliens. What caught my attention was at the beginning of the movie the news was telling the public that a comet swarm was expected to hit the planet and then of course it turns out to be a bunch of evil aliens!

I'm at the cinema watching it and had to take a break halfway through. It's pretty intense, non-stop fighting and evading aliens.

Regarding meteors, they came without warning, appearing suddenly and started their descent to Earth. However, these "meteors" seem to be under intelligent control, as they slow their descent, once they get close to impact. They hit areas in the oceans, near largely populated areas. But instead of being meteors, or evenly cleverly disguised missiles, they are actually transport vessels for invading forces.
At this point in the movie, it appears to be a colossal recruitment advertisement for the US Marines.

Aliens in this movie are assumed to be colonizing the Earth, removing or destroying the indigenous population, to secure our resources, which we are told is most likely our water (although I'm only half-way through the film).

I'm a little confused as to the psychological intent of this movie. It certainly portrays aliens as a nasty, destructive force in our universe.

If the intent is to trivialize meteoric bombardment to distract attention away from their real threat, I don't think they'll succeed, as a negative association will be made nonetheless.

However, this certainly is a distraction from threats internal to the human race by redirecting attention onto the other, the outsider. If that is the intent, then they could very well be successful in their efforts. The concept of alien, the outsider, can always be used to fuel xenophobia.

After 2 smokes and a stretch, I'm ready to resume the remainder of the movie, but I have to say, it is a non-stop adrenaline ride of action and I find myself having to constantly remind myself to breath and try to let go of the building tension.

Gonzo

It sounds like a version of "Under Siege" from 1992, about terrorists who hijack an aircraft carrier to sell off the armaments...with a little "Independence Day" and "Transformers" tossed in the mix.

"Under Siege" ended up being a great PR piece for the Navy, so it would track if this one was similar for the Marines.

From what you're saying Gonzo, it sounds like its intended to be an adrenaline rush, in which case I'll wait for the dvd or Netflix version. ;)

Gonzo said:
I'm at the cinema watching it and had to take a break halfway through. It's pretty intense, non-stop fighting and evading aliens.

Regarding meteors, they came without warning, appearing suddenly and started their descent to Earth. However, these "meteors" seem to be under intelligent control, as they slow their descent, once they get close to impact. They hit areas in the oceans, near largely populated areas. But instead of being meteors, or evenly cleverly disguised missiles, they are actually transport vessels for invading forces.
At this point in the movie, it appears to be a colossal recruitment advertisement for the US Marines.

Aliens in this movie are assumed to be colonizing the Earth, removing or destroying the indigenous population, to secure our resources, which we are told is most likely our water (although I'm only half-way through the film).

I'm a little confused as to the psychological intent of this movie. It certainly portrays aliens as a nasty, destructive force in our universe.

If the intent is to trivialize meteoric bombardment to distract attention away from their real threat, I don't think they'll succeed, as a negative association will be made nonetheless.

However, this certainly is a distraction from threats internal to the human race by redirecting attention onto the other, the outsider. If that is the intent, then they could very well be successful in their efforts. The concept of alien, the outsider, can always be used to fuel xenophobia.

Gonzo
Add the impact of C's recent comment of 'Veil' being lifted in the context of smokey horseman in egypt and ufo over france. Most are dumb to see, some can see and these people will go in paranoid mode to be ineffective , if this movie has the intense negative association with UFo's.

findit said:
Saw Battle of LA today. Marines vs. aliens. What caught my attention was at the beginning of the movie the news was telling the public that a comet swarm was expected to hit the planet and then of course it turns out to be a bunch of evil aliens!

Hi findit,

I merged your post with this thread as it is about the same movie.

I haven't seen the film, but it struck me that perhaps this is more an expression of global human subconscious awareness than anything else.

"Alien pathogens arriving on rocks from space."

This was discussed recently, (Black Plague). So this film might have more to do with extra-terrestrial disease than alien invaders. Often in dream, disease is characterized as a monster and the struggle against it is not expressed in a literal manner.

Just a thought.

I can't say I'm particularly anxious to go watch this film. It sounds like a lot of work with little reward.

Saw it yesterday. It was Transformers meets Independance Day.

There were several holes in the logic of the "invasion", but were necessary for the sake of the plot.

In short, it was a 2 hr battle scene against an unknown force of unknown size with mostly an unknown ojective. This movie couldve been about the Chinese or Russians invading. The alien aspect made it creepy because of the "unknown objective" factor. Overall the aliens used low tech gun type weapons, missles.

That being said it was a roller coaster ride and I enjoyed it. ...just don't look for reality (like a roller coaster).

Spoilers!

This movie was probably the worst scifi I've ever seen. It wasn't an adrenaline rush for me -- it was more like a two hour snore-fest marine commercial. The colors were so muted and the camera so shaky that it actually made me nauseous. Even my mom, who loves mindless action movies, was bored to death. I even fell asleep! Just when things might have gotten more exciting, when the giant alien command center emerges from the ground, they had to tack on a cliched "America saves the day by blowing everything up" ending, with our marines going off to kill aliens in even more cities (for a sequel, of course!). Even the destruction was poorly executed; as a Californian, I was hoping for more shout-outs to places within and around Los Angeles. Nope! Just good old Camp Pendleton, San Onofre, and a shot of the burning U.S. Bank Tower.

On a more positive note, the idea regarding the aliens descending with meteors was interesting, but it was overshadowed by bad camera effects and an even worse plot.

Sorry about the rant; I'd just like my $20 back. Not recommended! :thdown:

LOL @ movies like these!

I love it how these movies always show earthlings beating invading aliens who are centuries ahead of us in technology.

It'd be like making a movie about how cavemen with sticks and jaw bones conquer an invading army of modern day soldiers armed with F-15's and the latest tanks and firearms.

And didn't Jeff Goldblum(sp?) defeat the entire alien fleet in Independence Day with a Windows 95 computer virus? Funny stuff :D

That being said, I do believe this is probably the latest out of Project Awaken that the C's talked about.

Stones said:
LOL @ movies like these!

I love it how these movies always show earthlings beating invading aliens who are centuries ahead of us in technology.

It'd be like making a movie about how cavemen with sticks and jaw bones conquer an invading army of modern day soldiers armed with F-15's and the latest tanks and firearms.

And didn't Jeff Goldblum(sp?) defeat the entire alien fleet in Independence Day with a Windows 95 computer virus? Funny stuff :D

That being said, I do believe this is probably the latest out of Project Awaken that the C's talked about.

Yeah it would be pretty embarrasing to travel to an alien planet (Earth) with intent to "wipe 'em out" only to get your butt kicked by a bunch of primitive homo sapien types! Surely Hollywood can come up with more imaginative "aliens"-now the Predator and xenomorph type aliens (at least in the original films) THOSE were awesome and scarey!

Tired to watch these movies. Repeated. Caused by negative energy. And the end is always the same. USA always find a solution and victory aliens :halo:... Boring. I do not believe in such events and do not believe it will be the end of the world.

Back
Top Bottom