Beam of light at my backyard.

gonzorama

Padawan Learner
Feliz Navidad!
A few hours ago I was seing some christmas pictures with my brothers, and one of them have found a very strange photo, that I want it to share with you. The picture shows a beam of light ascending or hovering over the floor.
I would like to know what it`s your opinion about this.
what could it be? the picture was taken by my mother without flash, she hasn`t seen anything at that very moment.
It`s the only picture that this effect appears.
Best regards and happy new year for everyone.
Link
http://picasaweb.google.es/gonzalolago79/Escritorio#5419383937431892466

Gonzorama,

It looks to me like a plastic or glass tube standing upright and since you say that your mother used a flash, that could be the refection of the flash on the tube.

That's just what it looks like to me.

Nienna,
First of all I want to thank you for the answer. There wasn't any plastic or glass tube in the garden, near the tree when the picture was taken.
Another question I have is, as the picture was taken with flash, the only thing that could reflect a light is a drop, because it was raining. However, a drop could generate such effect?
In the picture at the right upper side there's a zoom that allow you to see with more details.
When I've uploaded the picture the programm generated this information that I attached:

05/12/2009
1600×1200 píxeles – 551 KB
Nombre de archivo: rami 20dic 017.JPG
Cámara: SONY
Modelo: DSC-W110
ISO: 160
Exposición: 1/125 s
Apertura: 2.8
Longitud focal: 5.4mm
Flash usado: Sí
Latitud: n/d
Longitud: n/d

Best regards,

After magnifying it, it looks like a ball of light with a very faint beam going to the ground. The beam of light is very diffuse.

I'm sorry, but I have no other ideas of what it may be. Very strange.

Back
Top Bottom