Behind the Headlines: Britain's Secret Wars - Interview with TJ Coles

Niall

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Behind the Headlines, Sunday 26th June 2016

The British government is not a force for peace or democracy. The reality is much darker: British foreign policy supports war, conflict and oppression around the world. Unbeknownst to the broad population, the Shadow State sponsors a 'new world order' that allies Britain with America's quest for global power - what the Pentagon calls 'Full Spectrum Dominance'. In his brand new book, Britain's Secret Wars, T. J. Coles documents how British operatives have interfered in Syria, Libya, Iraq, Iran and Yemen with the aim of deposing unwanted regimes. In doing so, they have helped create extensive terrorist networks across the Middle East, reviving previously-failing Jihadist groups such as ISIL, which has now transformed into an international terror franchise.

In addition to waging clandestine wars in the Middle East, the secret services have used the military to run drugs by proxy in Colombia, train death squads in Bangladesh, and support instability in Ukraine, where NATO's strategic encroachment on Russia is drawing the world closer to terminal nuclear confrontation. Coles unearths Britain's involvement in the recent ethnic cleansing of Tamil civilians by the Sri Lankan government, the invasion of Somalia by Somali and Ethiopian warlords, and Indonesia's atrocities in Papua. He also exposes the extensive use of drones for murder and intimidation across the Middle East and elsewhere.

T. J. Coles studies the philosophy of neurology and cognition at the University of Plymouth, UK. He is director of the Plymouth Institute for Peace Research (PIPR), editor and co-author of Voices for Peace and author of The New Atheism Hoax. His political writings have appeared in the New Statesman, Lobster, Peace Review and Z Magazine. He is also a columnist with Axis of Logic and in 2013 was shortlisted for the Martha Gellhorn Prize for journalism.

Tune in this Sunday for Behind the Headlines' interview with Coles about his new book and the truth about British foreign policy.

hi.
I logged in to radio.sott an hour before(11am est), and all I have seen for the last 2 hours is "loading page..."
no problem loading any internet page, just radio.sott!
I have tried tablets, my mac(safari, firefox, opera, icab...), even my phone (which reported that I did not have a valid SIM card?!!) with no different results. very strange. have you changed something in radio.sott?
trust the show was good!
all the best, a disappointed fan

Horrible subjects, yet a fantastic guest and show today, so thank you!

P.s. Nice maneuvering to get Tim connected - it worked out.

Great show guys, very informative! Thank you! TJ Coles book sounds very interesting, I had no idea of the situation in Somalia. Also great that he mentioned psychopathy :) I think he'll like Political Ponerology.

anarkist said:
hi.
I logged in to radio.sott an hour before(11am est), and all I have seen for the last 2 hours is "loading page..."
no problem loading any internet page, just radio.sott!
I have tried tablets, my mac(safari, firefox, opera, icab...), even my phone (which reported that I did not have a valid SIM card?!!) with no different results. very strange. have you changed something in radio.sott?
trust the show was good!
all the best, a disappointed fan

Sorry to hear that anarkist, that's strange. Did you go to the webpage https://radio.sott.net/ ?

yes Oxajil, as noted in my post, I was at radio.sott.net , which where you are sent when you click on the link in sott.net
I can ping sott.net, and traceroute shows 7 steps to sott,net
I cannot ping radio.sott.net, and traceroute goes to germany?!
4 ge-3-1-0.830.ipr02.otwodds.ext.distributel.net (206.80.254.193) 10.259 ms 7.705 ms 6.856 ms
5 ae2.cr1.tor1.ca.as4436.gtt.net (69.31.143.189) 6.616 ms 6.602 ms 6.234 ms
6 et-10-3-0.fra28.ip4.gtt.net (141.136.109.173) 92.876 ms 92.864 ms 93.274 ms
7 hetzner-online-gw.ip4.gtt.net (77.67.76.142) 93.269 ms 92.910 ms 92.551 ms
8 core12.hetzner.de (213.239.245.253) 98.734 ms 98.133 ms 97.879 ms
9 core14.hetzner.de (213.239.203.206) 96.766 ms core14.hetzner.de (213.239.203.210) 98.238 ms core13.hetzner.de (213.239.203.202) 96.538 ms
10 ex9k1.rz1.hetzner.de (213.239.203.226) 96.127 ms 95.373 ms ex9k1.rz1.hetzner.de (213.239.203.222) 96.357 ms
and traceroute deadends there.
can not ping 10, will not resolve(unknown host), probably a firewall?

lookup of radio.sott.net
radio.sott.net. 300 IN A 213.239.214.58

does someone in the network(maybe gtt.net?)have a bad dns table?
I don't know how important this is as it looks like it was peculiar to me, at least no one else seems to have a problem!
It is not a cache problem.
it only happens to radio.sott.net, no other cass site?!
if anyone there has any ideas, or time really, it would be interesting to figure this out, but it might be problemmatic/risky also

hopefully I will be able to access the mp3 through sott.net when it is ready.
all the best,

:) Thank you very much for the great show. It was nice to hear that TJ have the same take on the psychopathy as we have and I learned something new about the Tamil cleansing and the other wars.

The book looks very interesting. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Britains-Secret-Wars-Sponsors-Conflict/dp/1905570783

The show will only play in Chrome or Firefox browsers.

Niall said:
The show will only play in Chrome or Firefox browsers.
OK, firefox was one of the browsers I used, but is version 3.6.28, the latest that will run on my mac osx 10.5.8.
planned obsolescence.
so the mac is a no go in the future. I have installed firefox on my tablet, and it is able to access the radio.sott.net page!
thanks Niall

Very interesting interview, you feel that this man have a lot of information and also wisdom. How grateful that these type of human beings exist to give so vital information. Great show! Thanks.

Thank you for another interesting show. TJ did a great job at describing British involvement in political subversion across the globe.

It's surprising to see such information being available to the public, but it gives a taste of the mindset of psychopaths in power and their ability to ponerize society to a degree where they either don't care or aren't thorough enough in separating the wheat from the chaff when it comes to investigative journalism.

Kaigen said:
The book looks very interesting. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Britains-Secret-Wars-Sponsors-Conflict/dp/1905570783

Ordered the book immediately after the show. Looking forward to a great read. :read:

Eboard10 said:
Thank you for another interesting show. TJ did a great job at describing British involvement in political subversion across the globe.

It's surprising to see such information being available to the public, but it gives a taste of the mindset of psychopaths in power and their ability to ponerize society to a degree where they either don't care or aren't thorough enough in separating the wheat from the chaff when it comes to investigative journalism.

Kaigen said:

Ordered the book immediately after the show. Looking forward to a great read. :read:

Started reading this book and am impressed by his research and overall organization. Cole cites some rather stark Chatham House type think tank papers that project decades down the road. Said papers are parroted within foreign policy and essentially, without even a question, sees citizens (the voting or non voting public) as useless eaters or, they see society only in terms of the haves and the have nots, with all the policies geared to the haves.

TJ discusses in detail the importance to the empires of trade deals, deals that manipulate goods for mass profits at home for the very few, leaving only war, death or exploitation abroad and joblessness at home. Code for "stable states" are those that tow the line, and he expands on this. This book quickly makes clear the depth and breadth of British meddling, its wars, covert and proxy wars, illegal bombings - mass death by their dirty hands, with the ultimate mandate of securing wealth, economic control and resource extraction from any state not towing the line aka those not bowing down - those not relinquishing state run assets of resources; reforming to the open market.

So far, a very good read that leaves no doubt as to the structures of British policy (most often supporting American policy) that have nothing whatsoever to do with what is called democracy, and everything to do with a fascistic olygarcical worldview hidden by a mask - pure STS evil acts. This is current and past.

voyageur said:
Eboard10 said:

Kaigen said:

Started reading this book and am impressed by his research and overall organization. Cole cites some rather stark Chatham House type think tank papers that project decades down the road. Said papers are parroted within foreign policy and essentially, without even a question, sees citizens (the voting or non voting public) as useless eaters or, they see society only in terms of the haves and the have nots, with all the policies geared to the haves.

TJ discusses in detail the importance to the empires of trade deals, deals that manipulate goods for mass profits at home for the very few, leaving only war, death or exploitation abroad and joblessness at home. Code for "stable states" are those that tow the line, and he expands on this. This book quickly makes clear the depth and breadth of British meddling, its wars, covert and proxy wars, illegal bombings - mass death by their dirty hands, with the ultimate mandate of securing wealth, economic control and resource extraction from any state not towing the line aka those not bowing down - those not relinquishing state run assets of resources; reforming to the open market.

So far, a very good read that leaves no doubt as to the structures of British policy (most often supporting American policy) that have nothing whatsoever to do with what is called democracy, and everything to do with a fascistic olygarcical worldview hidden by a mask - pure STS evil acts. This is current and past.

That would be a great review on the book on Amazon voyager! hint hint. :D

Joe said:
[...]

That would be a great review on the book on Amazon voyager! hint hint. :D

Well thanks for the hint, yet i've not quite finished the book as of yet. However, most definitely I would like to give some support to his book acknowledging the hard work he obviously did - impressive.

I'm also going to review a few things he said (made some margin notes) from his book for further interest. I know it is difficult to add every imaginable reference into a book of this size yet wondered about a few things that could have been within. In this regard though, I kind of thought TJ could have done more with the chapter on Ukraine for instance, and there was no chapter on Russia per se, which could in itself be a whole volume relating to Britain's secret wars. Burma was generally absent, Ireland, the genocidal war against aboriginals in Australia (even to our day), not to mention the 'crown' colony of Canada and their dirty hands - starting to think that most everywhere you look in the world has a branding iron of Britain stamped throughout its history; like I said, more volumes.

Cole makes a comment going back to the chapter of Iraq - last paragraph, that appeared to me as a bit of a slap against Russia relating to 2000,000 dead Syrians - with "Russian aims are as self interested as Britain's and America's". Well sure Russia has self interests, this is natural, yet they have a much more benevolent and inclusive of others understanding of it, osia (or so it appears), unlike the latter. And of the 200,000 dead, clearly, Russia would never have had to intervene if the West's provocations and their empire making habits had not already destroyed the place(s).

Good read though.

Just finished reading Britain's Secret Wars and it's great to see such a well researched book out there.

It was surprising to read about all these covert and not so covert British operations taking place across the globe to this day, from the overthrow of governments and training of local mercenary groups to the devastation of local economies under the guise of humanitarian aid and the spread of the 'free trade' model at the behest of big corporates, undercutting local farmers and destroying what little they have. In some cases they don't even seem to bother twisting the events taking place in these countries as there is no mention whatsoever in the media.

Coles makes a reference the Milner group as the leading force during the early 20th century in creating a joint anglo-american alliance primarily made up of private interests with the aim of brining politicians, businessmen and the media together in 'confidential discussions'. This ties in to what Docherty and Macgregor were describing in 'Hidden History', with Alfred Milner being one of the leading figures in driving foreign policy in Britain through a secretive group of men in London and pushing for a confrontation with Germany which lead to WWI.

He does though fall into the western narrative of blaming Russia of acting purely in its own interest and comparing its cooperation with Assad to US and British interventions in the region. Still, overall I found it to be a very informative book with plenty of documented evidence of British, US and Israeli involvement in destabilising countries for their imperialistic agenda of achieving Full Spectrum Dominance.

Back
Top Bottom