Big Tech Media Manipulation and Censorship

Ruth

The Living Force
Are these people puppets, or puppet masters? They are trying to control information, as well as narratives presented to the public.

Considering their sudden ascendency and importance, (even if it is only to themselves), for the purposes of social control, I figured they deserved their own topic.

We should be able to heap derision on them, if we want to. I'm not altogether sure they are the puppet masters. Perhaps, they are just puppets?

Why not both? There are many levels within the hierarchy, and each of them thinks they are the smart ones.
While being manipulated by someone smarter than them.
I agree with this,

I think it's widely compartmentalize and some are conscious of what they are doing and the lies they tell, others are probably blackmailed and controlled or manipulated to lie, and there's still another group that truly believes that what they're doing is for the good of the majority of people.

I've met quite a few people in this latter group, people who truly deeply believe that censoring is a good thing, that the entire narrative being pushed at whatever time is correct and righteous, these are the saddest cases in my opinion.

And then they came for the conspiracy theorists...

I watched this W5 segment (W5 is a Canadian news show) this weekend. I was asking myself while watching "What's the difference between a conspiracy theory and an opinion?". The narrative being pushed here is that if your opinion differs from the accepted belief, then you are "infected" with conspiracy theory and are a danger to not only yourself and your loved ones, but are a threat to wider society; perhaps even a "domestic terrorist". If you believe in one conspiracy (ie. the Covid hoax), then you believe in ALL conspiracy theories (flat-earth, faked moon landings). The woman whose husband studied conspiracies was never interviewed for his side of the story. Neither was the other man's father who was a "Q-Anon" follower. There was a clinical psychologist from Montreal that was calling for more internet censorship "The internet and social space cannot continue being sewers!" This wasn't journalism. This was propaganda or even damage control.

I noticed that when opening certain articles the below warning shows up:

1620214560588.png
Such a warning is likely to scare off people interested in the content but not willing to risk harm to their device / privacy. SOTT links are opening without issues but I'll continue to open the ones I see posted and retweeted to keep an eye on it.

View attachment 45163
Such a warning is likely to scare off people interested in the content but not willing to risk harm to their device / privacy. SOTT links are opening without issues but I'll continue to open the ones I see posted and retweeted to keep an eye on it.

Sadly @Ant22, sooner or later that scary tactic will appear with our favorite site SOTT.NET too...
It's a matter of when...
Not of How...:cool2::cool2::cool2:

View attachment 45163
I wouldn't be surprised, what twitter/other big social medias attempt to do. But other than that, I've noticed, when doing a search, using (mainly) Startpage search engine, there are occasionally sites, which I can't access.

There is similar 'unsafe link' kind of warning, but no option to actually enter the site. I guess that depends on the browser(I use Firefox).
When I enter that certain address in Opera, similar result occurs. There is an option to "report" such a link/website, though.

ONE FOR THE NORMIES

U.N. TAKING DOWN PRIVATE WEBSITES - DOMAIN LEVEL CENSORSHIP BY ICE AGE FARMER

How Many Secrets Is the President Hiding?​

Story at a glance:
  • Over the past year, the House Judiciary Subcommittee on the Weaponization of the Federal Government has released several reports detailing how the government is a) harassing and intimidating citizens to shut down undesirable viewpoints b) using misinformation and propaganda to drive false narratives and c) censoring protected speech using third parties
  • November 30, 2023, House Judiciary Committee held another hearing on the Weaponization of the Federal Government. Investigative journalist Michael Shellenberger testified and shared evidence about the existence of a group called the Cyber Threat Intelligence League (CTIL), which consists of military contractors that are censoring Americans and using sophisticated psychological operations against us
  • The CTIL was founded by a group of former Israeli and British intelligence agents who initially volunteered their cybersecurity services FOR FREE to multibillion-dollar hospital and health care organizations in the U.S.
  • CTIL also offers physical security and “cognitive” security, which are volunteered by U.S. and British military contractors
  • The CTIL’s plan to control the information landscape also includes using debanking as financial leverage, pressuring social media platforms to change their terms of service to facilitate censorship and deplatforming under the guise of “terms of service violations,” and more

Attachments

• ctil-files-pdf.pdf
    245 KB · Views: 0
WTF? 🫢
10DLC - T-Mobile - Traffic Violation Fines (Jan 1st, 2024)
T-Mobile just notified Vonage that they will be implementing a new set of non-compliance fines for messaging traffic violations on all mobile channels that transverse their network (SMS and MMS Short Codes, Toll-Free Numbers and 10DLC).
Those new fines will start being applied from January 1st, 2024.

The non-compliance fine(s) will be assessed for every Sev-0 violation issued as per the following tier system:
  • Tier 1: $2000 USD
    For phishing, smishing, social engineering.
  • Tier 2: $1000 USD
    For illegal content (content Must be legal in all 50 states, as well as federally)
  • Tier 3: $500 USD
    For all other violations (including, but not limited to SHAFT).
Please find below some additional definitions that can assist you understand what the terminology means:

"Social Engineering"
Means all techniques aimed at getting a target to reveal specific information or performing a specific action for illegitimate reasons. Examples include but not limited to phishing, smishing, and pretexting purporting to be from reputable companies in order to induce individuals to reveal personal information, such as passwords or credit card numbers.

"Illegal Content"
Refers to any content that is not legal in all 50 states and federally. This list is outlined in the T-Mobile Code of Conduct section 5.1 "Unlawful, Unapproved or Illicit Content" (however not limited to) includes Cannabis, Marijuana, Adult Solicitation.

5.1 Unlawful, Unapproved, or Illicit Content
No messaging programs can run on the T-Mobile network that may promote unlawful, unapproved, or illicit content, including but not limited to:

• SPAM
  • Fraudulent or misleading messages
  • Depictions or endorsements of violence
  • Inappropriate content
  • Profanity or hate speech
  • Endorsement of illegal drugs
Programs must operate according to all applicable federal and state laws and regulations. In addition, the content must be legal across all 50 states. All content must be appropriate for the intended audience. Additional legal and ethical obligations apply when marketing to children under age 13, and such programs might be subject to additional review by T-Mobile.

"All Other Violations"
Refers to Subsection 5.7 of the T-Mobile Code of Conduct, which outlines, but is not limited to "Age Gating"

5.7 Age Gating
T-Mobile may, at its discretion and at any time, suspend, terminate, or not Approve any Messaging Program it feels does not promote a legal, age-appropriate, or positive customer experience. All content must adhere to all applicable laws and support a functioning age gate when associated with but not limited to Sex, Alcohol, Firearms, Tobacco, and/or any other age-restricted content that must comply with legal regulations. Nonacceptable age gating function includes but is not limited to Yes or No responses. The age-gate mechanism should include the date of birth verification during the consent opt-in of the consumer.

Note that if T-Mobile determines that a Violation continues and is excessive during the Term of the Agreement, T-Mobile reserves the right to permanently suspend brand, campaigns, and or Company’s access to the T-Mobile Network or the Company Connection.

WOW

The National Security State Is the Main Driver of Censorship in the US​

Story at a glance:
  • In a February 16, 2024, interview, Tucker Carlson and Mike Benz discussed how the fundamental right to free speech in the United States, as guaranteed by the First Amendment, is being eroded — not based on truthfulness but on alignment with the political and social agendas of those in power
  • Modern censorship is not as overt as historical examples. Instead, societal, technological and political means are being used to subtly integrate censorship into daily life
  • Initially a tool for freedom, the internet has been transformed into a mechanism for controlling speech, with governmental bodies, the defense industry and tech companies developing sophisticated methods for online suppression
  • New laws and institutional arrangements, both in the U.S. and internationally, such as the EU Digital Services Act, have created frameworks that legalize and formalize online censorship
  • Government, the private sector, civil society and media institutions are all working together to shape and control the narrative. To combat their whole-of-society censorship effort, we need a whole-of-society plan of our own that includes restructuring the legislative, civil, and media landscapes to promote true freedom

Attachments

• modern-censorship-pdf.pdf
    130.2 KB · Views: 1
“been looking into this today and it turns out the president of CTIA, which oversees SHAFT and all wireless communications is a woman named Meredith Attwell Baker“

A new dimension to the definition of being “shafted”. ….. (obviously)

Back
Top Bottom