Bin Laden Blasts U.S. on Climate Change

shijing

The Living Force
http://news.discovery.com/earth/osama-bin-laden-attacks-us-on-climate-change.html

Bin Laden Blasts U.S. on Climate Change

In a recent video tape, the Al-Qaida leader attacks the U.S. and other industrialized nations for global warming.

Al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden has called for the world to boycott American goods and the U.S. dollar, blaming the United States and other industrialized countries for global warming, according to a new audiotape released Friday.

In the tape, broadcast in part on Al-Jazeera television, bin Laden warned of the dangers of climate change and says that the way to stop it is to bring "the wheels of the American economy" to a halt.

He blamed Western industrialized nations for hunger, desertification and floods across the globe, and called for "drastic solutions" to global warming, and "not solutions that partially reduce the effect of climate change."

Bin Laden has mentioned climate change and global warning in past messages, but the latest tape was his first dedicated to the topic. The speech, which included almost no religious rhetoric, could be an attempt by the terror leader to give his message an appeal beyond Islamic militants.

The al-Qaida leader also targeted the U.S. economy in the recording, calling for a boycott of American products and an end to the dollar's domination as a world currency.

"We should stop dealings with the dollar and get rid of it as soon as possible," he said. "I know that this has great consequences and grave ramifications, but it is the only means to liberate humanity from slavery and dependence on America."

He argued that such steps would also hamper Washington's war efforts in Afghanistan and Iraq.

The new message, whose authenticity could not immediately be confirmed, comes after a bin Laden tape released last week in which he endorsed a failed attempt to blow up an American airliner on Christmas Day.

I could barely believe this when I saw it just now -- Bin Laden and global warming -- two of our favorite propaganda memes, together for the first time. :love: I guess Climategate has really upset the apple cart if they are resurrecting Bin Laden to save the day!

Seriously unbelievable. We are going to need to coin a new term for the use of an imaginary abstraction which uses an imaginary abstraction to thereby justify yet another imaginary abstraction. Delusion to the third power. Castles made of sand on foundations of imagination in a palace of dreams. Powerspellbinding? The hubris of the pathological mind truly knows no limit (to try to put this one over on the public, knowing it will work with many). At the least perhaps we who are watching may know them by such efforts.

thevenusian said:
an imaginary abstraction which uses an imaginary abstraction to thereby justify yet another imaginary abstraction. Delusion to the third power.
Nicely said!!

Went to look for the actual video of Bin Laden and could not find it. My thoughts are, is this guy still alive? I actually haven't seen a recent video of him in years. Just audio tape recordings of his speeches.

thevenusian said:
Seriously unbelievable. We are going to need to coin a new term for the use of an imaginary abstraction which uses an imaginary abstraction to thereby justify yet another imaginary abstraction. Delusion to the third power. Castles made of sand on foundations of imagination in a palace of dreams. Powerspellbinding? The hubris of the pathological mind truly knows no limit (to try to put this one over on the public, knowing it will work with many). At the least perhaps we who are watching may know them by such efforts.

Eloquently stated.

Bluestar said:
Went to look for the actual video of Bin Laden and could not find it. My thoughts are, is this guy still alive? I actually haven't seen a recent video of him in years. Just audio tape recordings of his speeches.

Have a look at that article:

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/186444-So-Who-Did-Kill-Benazir-Bhutto-

Benazir certainly alleged that Omar Saeed Sheikh had killed Osama Bin Laden because on January 4, 2008 the BBC's Steve Herrmann acknowledged that, "Under time pressure, the item producer responsible for publishing the video on the BBC website edited out the comment, with the intention of avoiding confusion. The claim appeared so unexpected that it seemed she had simply misspoken. However, editing out her comment was clearly a mistake, for which we apologise..." On January 9 the BBC added: "As promised above, we've now updated the original clip with the full version of the interview."

People have heard the interview many times. Benazir said the words deliberately and cautiously, after stopping and taking a breath before uttering Osama's name. Spurious excuses such as these insult people's intelligence and beget conspiracy theories for which people are then mocked by the perpetrators of spurious excuses.

In related news, Fox News reports that Santa Clause released a video denouncing U.S. for not doing anything about the boogie man, who scares the hell out of all the children who are too terrified to leave milk and cookies anymore, which cuts into Santa's profit margins during these tough economic times. An anonymous government source has confirmed the authenticity of Santa's tape, and Obama's administration has reiterated their resolve to escalate their "war on fear". Fox News reminds us once again that a republican president would've done a much better job in "war on fear", citing Obama's falling approval ratings as evidence that Americans agree.

In other news, Britney Spears had another baby and Fox has the first pictures. Americans collectively go "awwwww".

from the article quoted by Shijing

and called for "drastic solutions" to global warming, and "not solutions that partially reduce the effect of climate change."

Bin Laden endorses the Global Warming agenda.

The speech, which included almost no religious rhetoric, could be an attempt by the terror leader to give his message an appeal beyond Islamic militants.

could mean: if you oppose the official global warming agenda, you are a terrorist.

"We should stop dealings with the dollar and get rid of it as soon as possible," he said. "I know that this has great consequences and grave ramifications, but it is the only means to liberate humanity from slavery and dependence on America.".

Since when has the most wanted a feeling of remorse towards his arch enemy?

In all he seems to associate global warming with the US economy and calls for a ´drastic solution´ to the problem of global warming by hitting the American economy.
Isn't that exactly what the PTB are doing?

Gandalf said:
Bluestar said:

Have a look at that article:

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/186444-So-Who-Did-Kill-Benazir-Bhutto-

Benazir certainly alleged that Omar Saeed Sheikh had killed Osama Bin Laden because on January 4, 2008 the BBC's Steve Herrmann acknowledged that, "Under time pressure, the item producer responsible for publishing the video on the BBC website edited out the comment, with the intention of avoiding confusion. The claim appeared so unexpected that it seemed she had simply misspoken. However, editing out her comment was clearly a mistake, for which we apologise..." On January 9 the BBC added: "As promised above, we've now updated the original clip with the full version of the interview."

People have heard the interview many times. Benazir said the words deliberately and cautiously, after stopping and taking a breath before uttering Osama's name. Spurious excuses such as these insult people's intelligence and beget conspiracy theories for which people are then mocked by the perpetrators of spurious excuses.

Dumbfounded. Though I do not know why I am. Thanks Gandalf for the link.

Hersh told Amy Goodman: "Well, it's a special unit. We have something called the Special Operations Command that operates out of Florida, and it involves a lot of wings. And one of the units that work under the umbrella of the Special Operations Command is known as Joint Special Op -- JSOC. It's a special unit. What makes it so special, it's a group of elite people that include Navy Seals, some Navy Seals, Delta Force -- what we call our black units, the commando units. 'Commando' is a word they don't like, but that's what we, most of us, refer to them as. And they promote from within. It's a unit that has its own promotion structure. And one of the elements, I must tell you, about getting ahead in promotion is the number of kills you have. Of course. Because it's basically devised - it's been transmogrified, if you will, into this unit that goes after high-value targets. And where Cheney comes in and the idea of an assassination ring -- I actually said 'wing' -- that reports to Cheney was simply that they clear lists through the Vice President's office. He's not sitting around picking targets. They clear the lists. And he's certainly deeply involved, less and less as time went on, of course, but in the beginning very closely involved. And this is the elite unit. I think they do three-month tours. And last summer, I wrote a long article in The New Yorker, last July, about how the JSOC operation is simply not available, and there's no information provided by the executive to Congress."

Maybe this "commando" group is pissed that they could not take the credit for killing Bin Laden. Covering up any clues that might give this fact away. But this could also fall into the category of "proclamation" and believing only what they are told or want to believe. Keeps them in business to still be on the hunt for Bin Laden. What would these guys do if they were suddenly left without a job. Hunt Wascal wabbits?

It all just makes me so sad. This ponerized world we live in.

Back
Top Bottom