Bulletproof Mocha

darksai

Jedi Master
Decided try a little experiment this morning combining a few different ideas inspired from buletproof coffee, my own chocolate making, and this: _www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-egg-coffee/#axzz2crc0goEt
Enjoy!

~~~ Ingredients ~~~
  • 175ml brewed coffee
  • 50-75ml coconut oil (Out of ghee at the moment, going to try that next time)
  • 1 - 2 tbsp cacao (cocoa) powder, depending on how chocolaty you want it.
  • 1-2 tsp xylitol, or sweetener of choice to taste
  • 1 egg yolk
~~~ Method ~~~[list type=decimal]
[*]Melt a the coconut oil in a saucepan, whisk in the xylitol and then the cacao powder. (This is what I did, thinking back it make more sense to mix the xylitol into the coffee brew instead)
[*]Making sure the mix isn't much above lukewarmish temperature, blend it in well with the egg yolk
[*]Add the coffee and blend it up some more.
[*]Decant and indulge :)
[/list]

Mine was a little on the cold side by the time it was done I was so I had to heat it up a bit in the microwave. Then again, I didn't preheat the blender because I didn't want to cook my yolk. Brewing the coffee (I use a plunger) while the blending the chocolate mix and egg yolk would have probably helped with that too.

I used this recipe (with few changes) to make bulletproof tea, and it worked nicely. I simply put about 30grams of butter and 2 egg yolks into one large mug of tea (i used assam & chaga) and blended it. Very smooth and creamy flavor! :)

Back
Top Bottom